PDA

View Full Version : This one hurt!

Neckfansince71
October 1st, 2006, 12:54 PM
:( Attended a very nice party with a number of my old Theta Chi fraternity brothers so I really couldn't keep close tabs on the game. Saw the score on the tube with 47 seconds to go with WIU in the lead and thought, "alright", a win on the road. :thumbsup: But to my dismay, I learned later at home that the Necks had met with defeat. WIU website said that Thomas dropped a touchdown pass in the endzone and then Rowan missed a field goal. How close was that pass, did he drop an obvious TD? Obvioulsy this was a really tough game to drop. :bang: Hopefully this will supply the Necks with some big time desire against the Salukis. No matter what, the Leathernecks are capable of beating anyone in the league on "any given Saturday." There are a couple of surprises coming along the way!

After seeing the renovations for WKU's stadium it certainly looks to me like they are on their way to D1. WIU's renovation of the east stands will begin after the season and will include the same number of seats as WKU's addition which is 5,000. Of course, WKU's finished side is considerably larger and classier than WIU's which is due to be demolished in three years. (Finally) Good luck Toppers. Just remember, what happened the year WIU beat you 14-0 at your place. I was at the "hammer" quarter final game! Would have rather lost early and won later in the year.

jc

October 1st, 2006, 01:06 PM
... After seeing the renovations for WKU's stadium it certainly looks to me like they are on their way to D1.My condolences to the 'Neck fans. BTW, WKU is already D-I just like the entire Gateway. :nod:

Neckfansince71
October 1st, 2006, 01:44 PM
Ralph, forgive me! I am still thinking 1A and 1AA! Will take me awhile!

jc

October 1st, 2006, 03:24 PM
Ralph, forgive me! I am still thinking 1A and 1AA! Will take me awhile!

jc:) and then it will be CS and BS! xlolx