PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State @ UNI- Allen's 'Homecoming'

MSUBear42
October 1st, 2006, 09:53 AM
Dont really need an intro for this thread. UNI fans have probably been looking forward to this game since last December when they announced MSU hired Allen as coach. Should be a good one!

Nyghtewynd
October 1st, 2006, 10:10 AM
Define "good one".

UNI 49
MSU 13

MSUBear42
October 1st, 2006, 10:28 AM
35-21 UNI.

nmatsen
October 1st, 2006, 10:43 AM
I don't think it was December that we started looking forward to it. TA was going to do his thing and as a fellow UNI alum I was proud for him, now taking our key assistant coaches, thats why I want to kick his A$$!

ISUMatt
October 1st, 2006, 11:14 AM
Good one for UNI, not the Bears

UNI 41
MSU 10

FlyYtown
October 1st, 2006, 11:15 AM
If MSU can play like they did in the first half with a lot of emotion and the attitude they can win, this game will be close.... but only if that occurs.

UNI is coming off a great performance @ ISU [my error] but its Allen's homecoming..

UNI wins this game 31-21... could be worse if MSU comes in down after the 2nd half vs. YSU.

PantherRob82
October 1st, 2006, 11:20 AM
If MSU can play like they did in the first half with a lot of emotion and the attitude they can win, this game will be close.... but only if that occurs.

UNI is coming off a big win but its Allen's homecoming..

UNI wins this game 31-21... could be worse if MSU comes in down after the 2nd half vs. YSU.

What big win are we coming off of?

If we play like we did last night we bury the Bears.

FlyYtown
October 1st, 2006, 11:27 AM
What big win are we coming off of?

My error, and that is true, if play like you did last night, that game will not be close.. No question about that from me.

PantherMan
October 1st, 2006, 11:51 AM
MSU's worst enemy heading into this game is the schedule. The Panthers will not overlook MSU, as they have INSU the next week. Flip-flop the INSU and YSU games, and MSU might be taken a little lightly. Not this time around though. Actually looking at the schedule, UNI has things set up quite favorably (if that's possible in the Gateway this season...). Should start off 2-0 (MSU for Homecoming, @ INSU). Then gotta go 4-1 the rest of the way, with 3 of those coming at home.

MSULB#47
October 1st, 2006, 02:34 PM
MSU's worst enemy heading into this game is the schedule. The Panthers will not overlook MSU, as they have INSU the next week. Flip-flop the INSU and YSU games, and MSU might be taken a little lightly. Not this time around though. Actually looking at the schedule, UNI has things set up quite favorably (if that's possible in the Gateway this season...). Should start off 2-0 (MSU for Homecoming, @ INSU). Then gotta go 4-1 the rest of the way, with 3 of those coming at home.

MSU is NOT a pushover. The Defense is legitimate. Considering its a transition, TA & Company should be applauded.

MSU controlled YSU from the 1st qtr - beginning of 3rd qtr

Turnovers and Penalties was the difference. As has been the case in the 3, 2 point MSU losses

UNI's "worst enemy" would be to overlook MSU

shakdaddy3
October 1st, 2006, 02:44 PM
MSU is NOT a pushover. The Defense is legitimate. Considering its a transition, TA & Company should be applauded.

u can have your opinion on ur D being legitimate, but i disagree... one half of good D against YSU doesn't make your D legitimate... that goes for a whole team too since football takes every minute of all 4 quarters to win [ask WIU and UNI about that :nonono2: ]. you guys let up 37 points [30 on D with 1 TD as an INT return] at home.. almost 350 yards allowed with nearly 200 coming on the ground...

i will say, though, that it is a big improvement from the D i remember gettin torched all day last year...

best of luck MSU vs. UNI.. i hope it's a great game for both teams! :hurray:

douglasdmb
October 1st, 2006, 03:16 PM

True.

Then again, UNI could play like they did against North Dakota.

Regardless...

UNI 30
MSU 20

crunifan
October 1st, 2006, 04:27 PM
First of all, this is UNI's Homecoming.

Second of all, Terry Allen returns to the dome

Third, UNI finally got their groove against Iowa State AND this is at the dome.

None of those bode well for the Bears.

I think UNI will win big. And if we play like we did against the Cyclones, it will be a massacre.

MSULB#47
October 1st, 2006, 04:33 PM
u can have your opinion on ur D being legitimate, but i disagree... one half of good D against YSU doesn't make your D legitimate... that goes for a whole team too since football takes every minute of all 4 quarters to win [ask WIU and UNI about that :nonono2: ]. you guys let up 37 points [30 on D with 1 TD as an INT return] at home.. almost 350 yards allowed with nearly 200 coming on the ground...

i will say, though, that it is a big improvement from the D i remember gettin torched all day last year...

best of luck MSU vs. UNI.. i hope it's a great game for both teams! :hurray:

Lets not be so myopic that we relegate each and every opinion to just ONE game.

Coming into the YSU game, outside of the Won/Loss column YSU was no better than MSU....Statistically speaking.

The game came down to Turnovers and Penalties, that was the 'shift' in momentum.

That doesnt speak negatively to the performance of the MSU Defense, it merely speaks to TWO important factors that can change ANY game.

BearsCountry
October 1st, 2006, 05:52 PM
Sweet I was waiting for the next smack thread against the Bears.

shakdaddy3
October 1st, 2006, 06:37 PM
Lets not be so myopic that we relegate each and every opinion to just ONE game.

Coming into the YSU game, outside of the Won/Loss column YSU was no better than MSU....Statistically speaking.

The game came down to Turnovers and Penalties, that was the 'shift' in momentum.

That doesnt speak negatively to the performance of the MSU Defense, it merely speaks to TWO important factors that can change ANY game.

1) I base my opinion of the Bears and their D not just on the YSU game, but on their whole season as well as my knowledge of the team from previous years. Against poor competition your team let up a lot of yards... such as: Southwest Baptist 345, Cen. Arkansas 319, Sam Houston State 328. To me, that says the D is not as good as you are advertising.

2) Keeping those stats in mind, look at the OOC teams you played versus YSU. When they let up around 350 to UC-D [#16 in the nation] it is far different than the Bears letting up 345 to a D-II school that is winless.

I'm not out here with some vindetta to dis and hate MSU. i just don't think your D and your team is that good which can be seen with stats and even more so in the W-L column. This isn't smack, it is reality.

igo4uni
October 1st, 2006, 08:12 PM
Should be a big crowd on hand for UNI's homecoming. It will be interesting to see the reaction TA gets in the UNI-Dome. My guess is that he gets no love. During one of the timeouts at Jack Trice stadium in Ames last night, they played an ad for ISU basketball on the screen. When former UNI basketball, and current ISU coach McDermott was shown on the screen, there were a lot of boos in the UNI section.

MSULB#47
October 1st, 2006, 08:45 PM
1) I base my opinion of the Bears and their D not just on the YSU game, but on their whole season as well as my knowledge of the team from previous years. Against poor competition your team let up a lot of yards... such as: Southwest Baptist 345, Cen. Arkansas 319, Sam Houston State 328. To me, that says the D is not as good as you are advertising.

2) Keeping those stats in mind, look at the OOC teams you played versus YSU. When they let up around 350 to UC-D [#16 in the nation] it is far different than the Bears letting up 345 to a D-II school that is winless.

I'm not out here with some vindetta to dis and hate MSU. i just don't think your D and your team is that good which can be seen with stats and even more so in the W-L column. This isn't smack, it is reality.

Again, your still being somewhat myopic, focusing on this performance and that performance.

If you have a negative opinion about the MSU Defense statistically , then you should have the same opinion about YSU. Both teams have similar stats in more than one area.

Lastly, the 'reality' is as you well know, MSU is in a transition year. Thus any success on the field should be lauded with praise. Considering that TA & Company had a very short window of opportunity to bring in their own players.

The MSU Defense will come to UNI to butt a few heads, and make things difficult, that you can count on.

The Offense will attempt to maintain some consistency in the execution and blocking schemes as they shown against YSU.

Its a whole new season now bro, everyone will lose ONE game in conference play in the Gateway. 6 games left in Conference play!

Relax and Breathe Enjoy the ride....:D

igo4uni
October 1st, 2006, 08:53 PM
First of all, this is UNI's Homecoming.

Second of all, Terry Allen returns to the dome

Third, UNI finally got their groove against Iowa State AND this is at the dome.

None of those bode well for the Bears.

I think UNI will win big. And if we play like we did against the Cyclones, it will be a massacre.

#4: Revenge for the loss in Springfield last year.

shakdaddy3
October 1st, 2006, 08:55 PM
Again, your still being somewhat myopic, focusing on this performance and that performance.

If you have a negative opinion about the MSU Defense statistically , then you should have the same opinion about YSU. Both teams have similar stats in more than one area.

Lastly, the 'reality' is as you well know, MSU is in a transition year. Thus any success on the field should be lauded with praise. Considering that TA & Company had a very short window of opportunity to bring in their own players.

The MSU Defense will come to UNI to butt a few heads, and make things difficult, that you can count on.

The Offense will attempt to maintain some consistency in the execution and blocking schemes as they shown against YSU.

Its a whole new season now bro, everyone will lose ONE game in conference play in the Gateway. 6 games left in Conference play!

Relax and Breathe Enjoy the ride....:D
I don't have a negative opinion with MSU statistically. I just don't think either side of the ball is strong and I was using stats to help show it. I will say that it seems to be better than last year's 'D' IMO.

if there is a guy that can turn a program around fairly quickly, you guys got him, that's for sure.

for me, i'd like it if one team went undefeated this year... GO YOU REDBIRDS :hurray:

igo4uni
October 1st, 2006, 08:58 PM
i'd like it if one team went undefeated this year.

The Gateway is so tough, that I don't see that happening.
:twocents:

skinny_uncle
October 1st, 2006, 10:06 PM
I don't have a negative opinion with MSU statistically. I just don't think either side of the ball is strong and I was using stats to help show it. I will say that it seems to be better than last year's 'D' IMO.

if there is a guy that can turn a program around fairly quickly, you guys got him, that's for sure.

for me, i'd like it if one team went undefeated this year... GO YOU REDBIRDS :hurray:
If anyone goes undefeated in the Gateway, it will be the Dawgs, not the Deadbirds.
:hurray:

MSULB#47
October 1st, 2006, 10:38 PM
The Gateway is so tough, that I don't see that happening.
:twocents:

:D

shakdaddy3
October 2nd, 2006, 07:17 AM
If anyone goes undefeated in the Gateway, it will be the Dawgs, not the Deadbirds.
:hurray:
um.. why? remember the beat down at your place last year? well, we are at home for our game and it could be even uglier :nod:

Cap'n Cat
October 2nd, 2006, 09:51 AM
My error, and that is true, if play like you did last night, that game will not be close.. No question about that from me.

Closed circuit to FlyYtown: Diggin' the new attitude.

BearsCountry
October 2nd, 2006, 12:23 PM
UNI will roll.

birdsflyhigh
October 2nd, 2006, 01:38 PM
Have to go with the consensus on this one...UNI will have their way with the MSU Bears. Completely respect HC Terry Allen and believe that he WILL turn the Bears program around.

I'd say the chances of a team going undefeated in the Gateway are almost non-existent. And the Birds are going to need to play at the top of their game for a W this week at always intensely tough WKU. Then their focus can move to the Salukis. The Dawgs are ISU's homecoming....so the Birds are going to be jacked sky high for a victory....ooooo you KNOW it!!!!

Cap'n Cat
October 2nd, 2006, 01:49 PM
Jesus, the negativity from MSU about their own program!

SMFH.........

It's gonna get better. Coach Allen's gotta get a couple of his recruited classes in there. Guy's a super recruiter and offensive genius.

Regardless, this weekend will be tough for Bruins:

UNI 31
MSU 0

BearsCountry
October 2nd, 2006, 02:38 PM
Jesus, the negativity from MSU about their own program!

SMFH.........

It's gonna get better. Coach Allen's gotta get a couple of his recruited classes in there. Guy's a super recruiter and offensive genius.

Regardless, this weekend will be tough for Bruins:

UNI 31
MSU 0

I know great things will come but TA has Ball's players and Ball could only recruit if you were an idiot or came from a prision.

MSULB#47
October 2nd, 2006, 03:11 PM
I know great things will come but TA has Ball's players and Ball could only recruit if you were an idiot or came from a prision.

Lots of snipes on here.

Thats very disrespectful to call young men idiots and equate them to ex-convicts.

They are actually Student-Athletes, as you well know, you can nolonger 'coast' through NCAA athletics. You have to perform also in the classroom.

Keep in mind there are parents, friends and family members of these Student Athletes on these threads.

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Anonymous

Cap'n Cat
October 2nd, 2006, 03:14 PM
Lots of snipes on here.

Thats very disrespectful to call young men idiots and equate them to ex-convicts.

They are actually Student-Athletes, as you well know, you can nolonger 'coast' through NCAA athletics. You have to perform also in the classroom.

Keep in mind there are parents, friends and family members of these Student Athletes on these threads.

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Anonymous

Very noble of you, but you oughta take a look at some grad rates for some programs, esp. the big ones.

BearsCountry
October 2nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
Lots of snipes on here.

You never saw any of Ball's WIU teams have you?

Cap'n Cat
October 2nd, 2006, 03:36 PM
You never saw any of Ball's WIU teams have you?

Or ever seen an essay written by Vince Young............

BearsCountry
October 2nd, 2006, 03:40 PM
Or ever seen an essay written by Vince Young............

xlolx

MissouriStateBear
October 2nd, 2006, 04:55 PM
this doesnt really pertain to UNI vs MSU but, are there automatic berths to the playoffs for the conference winners...

Cap'n Cat
October 2nd, 2006, 05:05 PM
this doesnt really pertain to UNI vs MSU but, are there automatic berths to the playoffs for the conference winners...

Maybe not to MSU, but..............

BearsCountry
October 2nd, 2006, 05:10 PM
Maybe not to MSU, but..............

Yes to the Gateway, A-10, Southern, Southland, Big Sky, OVC, Patriot, MEAC champs.

Finished it for you.

Cap'n Cat
October 2nd, 2006, 05:14 PM
Yes to the Gateway, A-10, Southern, Southland, Big Sky, OVC, Patriot, MEAC champs.

Finished it for you.

Don't know what you two are talking about.

BearsCountry
October 2nd, 2006, 05:21 PM
Don't know what you two are talking about.

Conference champs going to the playoffs.

BearsCountry
October 2nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
So Panther fans what are your strengths and weakness for your team?

PantherRob82
October 2nd, 2006, 10:16 PM
strengths- accuracy at the qb position, new RBs who run hard. Some DBs who decided they wanted to play this year, playing missouri state.

weaknesses- whatever we did against nd and the first half of sdsu. no clue wtf that was.

:D

crunifan
October 2nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
So, any Bear fans coming up to the UNI-Dome?

MSULB#47
October 2nd, 2006, 11:19 PM
So, any Bear fans coming up to the UNI-Dome?

Yes I will be there

BearsCountry
October 2nd, 2006, 11:37 PM
playing missouri state.

xlolx

Its funny you would think we are Notre Dame with all the hate we get. ;)

MSUBear42
October 3rd, 2006, 12:34 AM
They like to treat us as if we were a huge game so they can feel better about playing well . :(

LETS GO BEARS!

shakdaddy3
October 3rd, 2006, 07:53 AM
xlolx

Its funny you would think we are Notre Dame with all the hate we get. ;)

i'd say we think you a cellar team in an aweseome conference... it's not hate BC, it's reality that the Bears are pretty down this year... 2 years from now, heck maybe even next year, but not this year.: smh :

MSULB#47
October 3rd, 2006, 10:17 AM
i'd say we think you a cellar team in an aweseome conference... it's not hate BC, it's reality that the Bears are pretty down this year... 2 years from now, heck maybe even next year, but not this year.: smh :

there are 6 games left in conference play dude!

Stop looking for the Wizard, talking to Genies and calling 900# Fortune Tellers:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: "oh mighty one...tell us what we should say about MSU:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Cap'n Cat
October 3rd, 2006, 10:20 AM

Stop looking for the Wizard, talking to Genies and calling 900# Fortune Tellers:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: "oh mighty one...tell us what we should say about MSU:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

That your proud of your university and her football program come hell or high water and that you are not a fair weather fan who only shows up when they're winning. Keep the faith, stay the course and no flippin' whining!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

How's that?

:nod: :nod:

MissouriStateBear
October 3rd, 2006, 10:28 AM

we will be even worse next year...i would give 4-5 years, allow Allen's recruit to come through and then watch out...until then, hopefully IND St wont beat us:D

Cap'n Cat
October 3rd, 2006, 10:54 AM
we will be even worse next year...i would give 4-5 years, allow Allen's recruit to come through and then watch out...until then, hopefully IND St wont beat us:D

Man, I hope Bear players don't read these boards. If I read this *****, I'd transfer..............

MSUBear42
October 3rd, 2006, 03:01 PM
It's pathetic, I can't stand it.

crunifan
October 3rd, 2006, 04:20 PM
Well, if it makes Missouri State fans any happier, your logo and such are often seen throughout our Maucker Union at the moment. Granted, many of them are TC (our mascot) pouncing a cute teddy bear or the Missouri State bus on it's way to "Rock the Dome." :hurray:

shakdaddy3
October 3rd, 2006, 06:02 PM

i dont have to go to the Wizard to know how bad your team is... my opininion of your team deals with the last 5 games you have played... i'm sorry you cannot see it, but your fellow MSU fans do. I understand that there are games left to be played, but you have an extremely tough conference with extremely tough competition and you guys are known to be one of the easier teams... not just this year, but last year and b4 that and so on...

can i have whatever you're smoking, because if it makes you delusional enough to think that you are going to win out then i want it... it's realism, not any wizards or tarrot cards bro...47, ur pretty rediculous man. :twocents:

MSULB#47
October 3rd, 2006, 06:51 PM
i dont have to go to the Wizard to know how bad your team is... my opininion of your team deals with the last 5 games you have played... i'm sorry you cannot see it, but your fellow MSU fans do. I understand that there are games left to be played, but you have an extremely tough conference with extremely tough competition and you guys are known to be one of the easier teams... not just this year, but last year and b4 that and so on...

can i have whatever you're smoking, because if it makes you delusional enough to think that you are going to win out then i want it... it's realism, not any wizards or tarrot cards bro...47, ur pretty rediculous man. :twocents:

From what I heard they beat UNI last year.

Sep 10 - W vs. Quincy, 51-14
Sep 17 - W vs. SE Missouri St, 45-21
Sep 24 - Cancelled at Sam Houston St
Oct 1 - L at Southern Ill, 23-30 OT
Oct 8 - W vs. Northern Iowa, 24-21
Oct 15 - L at Western Ky, 28-37
Oct 22 - L at Youngstown St, 7-31
Oct 29 - W vs. Indiana State, 31-27
Nov 5 - L vs. Illinois State, 23-48
Nov 12 - L at Western Ill, 24-34

One of the 'easier teams' in 2005?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/conf/gateway/confsched.aspx?season=2005,sc=AF,conf=Gateway

The 'e' that you incorrectly put in the word R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S is too far away from the 'i' to be a typo :D

oops..while we're at it T-A-R-O-T , pronounced 'Tar-oh ..'T" is silent, not tarrot like 'carrot :D

shakdaddy3
October 3rd, 2006, 07:29 PM

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/conf/gateway/confsched.aspx?season=2005,sc=AF,conf=Gateway

The 'e' that you incorrectly put in the word R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S is too far away from the 'i' to be a typo :D

oops..while we're at it T-A-R-O-T , pronounced 'Tar-oh ..'T" is silent, not tarrot like 'carrot :D
and your 5 losses in the gateway really make you look good! and guess what!?!!?!?! 2-5 in the gateway would put u at the bottom by InSU! oh, and last season doesn't have too much to do with this season and if you weren't aware, you are 1-4 with an 0-1 gateway record which puts you... NEAR THE BOTTOM... and near the bottom teams are, wait for it................. EASIER

and guess what? spelling doesn't matter! if you care about it so much on a message, then you are a pretty anal person... i ain't talkin to your troll a$$ no more... waste time... congrats on trolling xsmileyclapx

crunifan
October 3rd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Plus, let's be honest, the MSU/UNI game last year was the game Eric Sanders got injured. If he was still in that game, you would have lost. Not trying to be mean, just being honest. Our team is ENTIRELY different with Sanders at the helm.

BearsCountry
October 3rd, 2006, 11:35 PM
Plus, let's be honest, the MSU/UNI game last year was the game Eric Sanders got injured. If he was still in that game, you would have lost. Not trying to be mean, just being honest. Our team is ENTIRELY different with Sanders at the helm.

I agree with that, losing Sanders changed that game competely.

MSULB#47
October 4th, 2006, 12:00 AM
....boy you guys need a pair of Depends or Pull Ups....

Anything positive about MSU you snipes get your G-Strings in a bunch....

Lets talk about the game and its competitive possibilities...NOT about your personal sentiments

igo4uni
October 4th, 2006, 09:32 PM

Lets talk about the game and its competitive possibilities...NOT about your personal sentiments

good point.

PantherRob82
October 4th, 2006, 09:40 PM

Wasn't his point more that you guys couldn't beat anyone this year? You don't have a D-I win yet, do you?

PantherMan
October 4th, 2006, 11:14 PM

The only way this game is competitive is if UNI turns the ball over 3+ times. Otherwise, the Bears will score against our D, but I have a feeling Sanders lights up the scoreboard on Saturday.:twocents:

BearsCountry
October 5th, 2006, 12:33 PM
The only way this game is competitive is if UNI turns the ball over 3+ times. Otherwise, the Bears will score against our D, but I have a feeling Sanders lights up the scoreboard on Saturday.:twocents:

Or if we can knock out Sanders again.

nmatsen
October 5th, 2006, 01:21 PM
If you take out Sanders again I will hunt down every single piece of garbage from SMS in Iowa, rip off their legs and smack em' with it.

PantherMan
October 5th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Or if we can knock out Sanders again.

Touche'!xprost2x

BearsCountry
October 5th, 2006, 02:51 PM
If you take out Sanders again I will hunt down every single piece of garbage from SMS in Iowa, rip off their legs and smack em' with it.

Poor Southwest Minnesota State. :D

Cap'n Cat
October 5th, 2006, 02:55 PM

Jegbomb!!??????!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx