PDA

View Full Version : ETSU football stadium down to two locations

Millser
October 9th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Its down to two locations: the first one is by the soccer stadium though there are concerns about flooding over, the other on the hill overlooking the facilities plant and the Basler Center for Physical Activity but there is concern about the amount of rock that would need to be removed which would increase construction time and also increase cost

personally I feel the hill location (blue) to be the best, its right at the end of dorm row and flooding wouldn't be a constant concern, also I can only imagine dorm row being one giant tailgate which could be so awesome. Also they will have $18 million for the stadium plus whatever they can get in donations which I think they are expecting 5-10 million dollars there so we are looking at a $25-30 million dollar stadium. I hope this all goes right and for the love of god don't put a track around (which I pretty sure there won't be because I don't believe there is enough space for one in either location)

T-Dog
October 9th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Any words about a new basketball arena? I do know they don't want to tear down the Mini Dome because while it sucks as a football and basketball venue, it's still a world-class track facility.

Millser
October 9th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Any words about a new basketball arena? I do know they don't want to tear down the Mini Dome because while it sucks as a football and basketball venue, it's still a world-class track facility.

Dr. Noland (new President) has plans for a new arena for Basketball, volleyball, concerts, etc. but its a few years away they are concentrating right now on finishing the new parking garage (which should open in November), the football stadium, and a new performing arts center so the new arena is still a few years away. Fooling around in google maps and Photoshop I was able to fit Cameron indoor stadium (Dukes arena which should be similar size) in the intramural field between the cpa and the new parking garage

edit: the thing with Noland is the Alumni love him but the faculty not so much, he has grandiose plans for ETSU, hes looking to hire a FBS person to run the athletic budget for one thing and just the way he talks I don't imagine he plans on having ETSU in fcs for long, he has talked about wanting to emulate Old Dominion since they brought their team back. the problem is though like all state schools money is tight and the faculty all want their funding now

edit 2: they also plan to use the mini dome as an indoor practice facility for the football team which is cook, its a terrible football stadium but would make a great practice facility, probably immediately one of the best in fcs

longtimemocfan
October 11th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I'm just glad to see ETSU talking football and back in the conference again.xnodx

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 12th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Its down to two locations: the first one is by the soccer stadium though there are concerns about flooding over, the other on the hill overlooking the facilities plant and the Basler Center for Physical Activity but there is concern about the amount of rock that would need to be removed which would increase construction time and also increase cost

personally I feel the hill location (blue) to be the best, its right at the end of dorm row and flooding wouldn't be a constant concern, also I can only imagine dorm row being one giant tailgate which could be so awesome. Also they will have $18 million for the stadium plus whatever they can get in donations which I think they are expecting 5-10 million dollars there so we are looking at a $25-30 million dollar stadium. I hope this all goes right and for the love of god don't put a track around (which I pretty sure there won't be because I don't believe there is enough space for one in either location)

I like the hill location better as well. I hope we have a stadium that would seat at least 15K with room to seat 50K and no track around it.

Welcome to AGS.

whoanellie
October 12th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Bristol Speedway

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 12th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Bristol Speedway

We are not Tennessee.

ASU_Fanatic
October 12th, 2013, 09:49 PM
when do they start back up? i could see them and wcu forming a rivalry

Millser