PDA

View Full Version : Best Under-the-Radar NCAA Football Atmosphere

bonarae
October 9th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Haley of TSN mentions this contest in his latest column.

There are seven finalists and the FCS finalists are bolded:
Ohio U
Northern Illinois
Sam Houston State
Delaware
Northern Arizona
CSU-Pueblo
Wisconsin-Whitewater

Do you think the FCS finalists were selected correctly?

Voting link (until October 21): https://www.facebook.com/bestofcollegefootball, click Like first then click on Under the Radar in the main page.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Haley of TSN mentions this contest in his latest column.

There are seven finalists and the FCS finalists are bolded:
Ohio U
Northern Illinois
Sam Houston State
Delaware
Northern Arizona
CSU-Pueblo
Wisconsin-Whitewater

Do you think the FCS finalists were selected correctly?

Voting link (until October 21): https://www.facebook.com/bestofcollegefootball, click Like first then click on Under the Radar in the main page.

even given all its recent accolades, I'm wondering if NDSU is no longer under the radar, otherwise I'd have a beef over SHSU. They're always complaining about the students and the bluehairs not showing any enthusiasm.

Tubakat2014
October 9th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I love my school... but absolutely not. I'd be interested to see how we even made the list to begin with. I like to think SHSU's fan base has lots of potential, but very little of it is currently realized.

IBleedYellow
October 9th, 2013, 07:40 PM
even given all its recent accolades, I'm wondering if NDSU is no longer under the radar, otherwise I'd have a beef over SHSU. They're always complaining about the students and the bluehairs not showing any enthusiasm.

Not everything has to be about NDSU.....

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Not everything has to be about NDSU.....

right but they are looking for the best under the radar atmosphere. so either the atmosphere is lacking or they aren't under the radar.

marenlee
October 9th, 2013, 07:48 PM
They don't fit the definition of "under the radar" after Gameday.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 07:49 PM
They don't fit the definition of "under the radar" after Gameday.

That may be it. It's tough to say because NIU went to a BCS bowl last year.

BisonFan02
October 9th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Of that group, I would vote for Ohio just for the band.

Twentysix
October 9th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Of that group, I would vote for Ohio just for the band.

Ohio's band rocks.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Ohio's band rocks.

agreed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfTztjLVQQA

Cocky
October 10th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Do they march or get standstill?

MR. CHICKEN
October 10th, 2013, 08:40 AM
DELAWARE'S BAND CAN ROCK....(WHEN DOIN' SHERYL CROW)...BUT NOT PLAYIN' FUGUE..IN Bmaj......DAT FEATURES....DUH CORPS O' PICCOLOS/TRIANGLES....FACIN' DUH AWAY SIDE......AWK!

CFBfan
October 10th, 2013, 08:49 AM
right but they are looking for the best under the radar atmosphere. so either the atmosphere is lacking or they aren't under the radar.

c'mom, espn just did their college game day there....are you out of touch or just looking for more attention??????

NoDak 4 Ever
October 10th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Like I said. It's possible that they aren't under the radar enough but like I said, NIU isn't really under the radar either and Sammy's own fans say they are lacking.

fmrbearkat
October 10th, 2013, 10:35 AM
We have a great atmosphere but its really really under the radar!! Like stealth technology....it's there but none of us can see it!! I love our boys and would choose a trip to Bowers over most any other activity but we have a loooong way to go to get to a game day atmosphere a common NCAA fan would find a good time. Product on the field counts for some I'd guess and we do have a really fun team to watch but from the entrance, video board, sound system and most fans being great rowdy fans we aren't there yet! The U is making improvements but most fans outside the very dedicated could do more as well.

ST_Lawson
October 10th, 2013, 10:50 AM
My opinion - As many have said, after Gameday and the recent publicity, I don't think NDSU qualifies as under the radar. As for NIU, their team isn't under the radar due to recent success, but I definitely think that the gameday atmosphere (tailgating/party outside the stadium, team entrance, the band, the crowd, etc.) could qualify as "under the radar". I can say from experience that it's not quite on the level of the top teams in the SEC/Big 10/Big 12, but they do have a pretty good thing going on over there.

Tribal
October 11th, 2013, 07:57 PM
I'm not putting W&M's atmosphere up there with the best in the FCS but I just found this video and thought it was pretty cool. Glad the players hadn't come out yet. What you don't see is that the second skydiver had a big W&M banner flying during his jump. As he's just entering the stadium, you can see a very blurry image of a really cool dude to the right, standing and screaming up at the skydiver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cSrp9RBuci8

frozennorth
October 11th, 2013, 09:20 PM
where is montana? again, must not be under the radar

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Montana State's game day is pretty sweet! The scenery only adds to it!

DoWe
October 11th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Any discussion of under the radar should include Chatty. They have hosted like 14 NC games you know.

Brad82
October 12th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Rhode Island-(outside of the product on the field).
Serious.

CopperCat
October 12th, 2013, 06:20 PM
NAU should not be on that list.