PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern St./Arkansas-Monticello Game Thread

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Boll Weevils march down and get a FG in opening possession thanks to several Demon penalties, lead 3-0 with 11:51 in the 1st.

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Demons seem to get a fair amount of penalties- but I don't see them having any problems with the Boll Weevils today :)

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Down 3-0 against the Boll Weevils?

You'll have to update us and give us a head's up on how it goes...

We'll see you next week!

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Demons very sloppy in the 1st with tons of penalties. Were on the 2 yard line about to score with 1st down, then my DSL went down and by the time I got it up UAM had the ball with no Demon score - no idea what happened.

At any rate, Demons score 1st play of the second quarter and lead 7-3.

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Down 3-0 against the Boll Weevils?

You'll have to update us and give us a head's up on how it goes...

We'll see you next week!

You coming next week?

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 06:47 PM
You coming next week?

Hmmm...

Would be tempting with a three-day weekend, but I'm fixing to have vacation next week in Houston, so I got to enjoy my last few days without the GF before she returns on Sunday...the day after the game...

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Hmmm...

Would be tempting with a three-day weekend, but I'm fixing to have vacation next week in Houston, so I got to enjoy my last few days without the GF before she returns on Sunday...the day after the game...

If you do, I'll have a beer waiting for you. Let me know.

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Demons kick a FG to end the half and lead 10-3. Two other wasted inside the 10 yard-line opportunities. Not a very good half for Northwestern.: smh :

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 07:31 PM
If you do, I'll have a beer waiting for you. Let me know.

Well, let me know if your heading down to our corner of Louisiana for any games this year...I know you got back to back games against SELA and Nicholls...

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Won't make it to SE or Nicholls St., just the rest of the home games for the Demons.

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Won't make it to SE or Nicholls St., just the rest of the home games for the Demons.

Well, I'm sure we'll cross paths eventually...

Only SHSU home game I'm heading to is Nicholls (Homecoming) and I'm planning on SHSU vs SELA in Hammond on Nov 11th...

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Demons' offense has squandered 4 opportunities inside the 10 yard line. One interception thrown in the end zone, two blocked FGs, and one missed FG. Thank God for the Demon defense who has completely shut down Ark-Monticello since the first drive.

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 08:20 PM
End of 3rd, Demons leading 10-3. 1st and 10 at the UAM 29 for the Demons.

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 08:24 PM
12:59 left in the 4th, Demon FG. Now 13-3.

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Finally, Demon TD with 7:19 left. Now Demons leading 20-3.

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Took the depth difference long enough to show up...

Was going to get worried about y'all...

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Took the depth difference long enough to show up...

Was going to get worried about y'all...

This game, for the offense at least, has not been good to put it kindly. The defense is doing its usual and has completely shut down UAM which you would expect.

The defense will set the tone for the rest of the season until the offense gets a little more experience.

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Demons run out the clock on the 1/2 yard line. Final score Northwestern St. 20, Arkansas-Monticello 3.

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 08:54 PM
The defense will set the tone for the rest of the season until the offense gets a little more experience.

Does this mean we'll have a similar result as we did last year when it was 10-6?

Not looking forward to a defensive battle and an offensive stalemate...

Maybe we'll have Bomar! :thumbsup:

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Does this mean we'll have a similar result as we did last year when it was 10-6?

Not looking forward to a defensive battle and an offensive stalemate...

Maybe we'll have Bomar! :thumbsup:

Our defense will keep us in any game. Our offense, at least right now is not helping matters. Look for a low-scoring game, which means it will be a high-scoring game I guess. :confused: