PDA

View Full Version : Harvard 35, Lehigh 33, final

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Another game where Lehigh shows flashes of brilliance, falls-from-ahead, and can't rally for the win.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Lehigh and Lafayette: 0-5 versus the Ivy.

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Another game where Lehigh shows flashes of brilliance, falls-from-ahead, and can't rally for the win.

Lehigh and Lafayette: 0-5 versus the Ivy.
what is the PL vs Ivy record this year... I am guessing not good...

Marcus Garvey
September 30th, 2006, 03:41 PM

In other words, they're the Phillies of I-AA football! :(

LEHIGH61
September 30th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Frustrating loss AGAIN! Lehigh's last 7 losses were by a total of 16 points -now that's frustrating. Going back to the 2004 playoffs, here is the depressing, disgusting list.
James Madison - 1 , Delaware - 1, Holy Cross - 3, Lafayette - 4 ALBANY - 1 Princeton - 4, Harvard - 2 . AND IMHO THEY SHOULD HAVE WON THEM ALL.

I believe heavily in the law of averages - I hope this is the time things turn around. GO LEHIGH! 7-0 THE REST OF THE WAY!

LEHIGH61
September 30th, 2006, 04:02 PM
He only had one nice run and I don't recall seeing him any other time. What a waste of talent.

Harvard Worship
September 30th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I thought that was a great football game. Two very evenly-matched teams. And kudos to the CN8 sportscasters for finally getting everybody's name right (at least on the Harvard side). A few years back they were calling Ryan Fitzpatrick every variation of Fitz-anything you could imagine.

Lehigh your team looks a LOT better than your record suggests. Your defense is great. We had to resort to all sorts of trick plays to get anything going against them. Usually Harvard doesn't try to pull any tricky stuff -- just run the ball. But the Lehigh run defense was very impressive. Limited Dawson to short gains for the second straight year. Nobody else has been able to do that.

Best of luck down the stretch -- with a team like that things are bound to pick up. Oh, and beat Yale while you're at it.

ngineer
September 30th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I thought that was a great football game. Two very evenly-matched teams. And kudos to the CN8 sportscasters for finally getting everybody's name right (at least on the Harvard side). A few years back they were calling Ryan Fitzpatrick every variation of Fitz-anything you could imagine.

Lehigh your team looks a LOT better than your record suggests. Your defense is great. We had to resort to all sorts of trick plays to get anything going against them. Usually Harvard doesn't try to pull any tricky stuff -- just run the ball. But the Lehigh run defense was very impressive. Limited Dawson to short gains for the second straight year. Nobody else has been able to do that.

Best of luck down the stretch -- with a team like that things are bound to pick up. Oh, and beat Yale while you're at it.

Yes, it was a very exciting game with two evenly matched teams. Obviously, we defended Dawson very well, but gave up pass coverage to do so and we paid with the soft stuff in the middle. Harvard got it done when they had to with TD's whereas we ended up settling for two FGs. Additionally, Harvard cashed in on our one turnover (fumble our our own 13), and Lehigh failed to cash in on the interception at midfield that should have set us up perfectly. Missed opportunities. Hopefully our team realizes the season begins next week and all is not lost. We certainly have the talent, just not playing well for 60 minutes.
Interesting that we'll be playing at Yale, while Lafayette will be "The Yaaard"...

ngineer
September 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I got to meet the illustrious Ivytalk today at Goodman as we broke bread before the game and he courageously wore his Crimson into the sea of Brown on the home side of the field. We had an excellent time--though his was a 'little' more excellent than mine...by 2 points.
Twas an excellent game between two very evenly matched teams. Too bad the weather didn't turnout the way forecasted as we put up with a light drizzle throughout the majority of the game. But the percip wasn't enough to effect the game.
Believe it or not the two 'barristers' didn't really talk 'shop' or 'politics' but focused on the game! Now, after havng met Baldy and Eaglegus2 back in August, I'm able to place some faces with posts. It's interesting to meet the personalities behind the monitors.

Ivytalk
October 1st, 2006, 07:00 AM
I got to meet the illustrious Ivytalk today at Goodman as we broke bread before the game and he courageously wore his Crimson into the sea of Brown on the home side of the field. We had an excellent time--though his was a 'little' more excellent than mine...by 2 points.
Twas an excellent game between two very evenly matched teams. Too bad the weather didn't turnout the way forecasted as we put up with a light drizzle throughout the majority of the game. But the percip wasn't enough to effect the game.
Believe it or not the two 'barristers' didn't really talk 'shop' or 'politics' but focused on the game! Now, after havng met Baldy and Eaglegus2 back in August, I'm able to place some faces with posts. It's interesting to meet the personalities behind the monitors.

I'd like to thank ngineer (and his Dad) for being such gracious hosts. The game was a seesaw: Harvard down 24-7, then scoring 28 straight points before giving up the last 9. But for an errant Mountain Hawk 2-point conversion pass, we'd have gone to OT. Lehigh fans are outstanding: smart, enthusiastic and "kind to visitors." I have to wonder whether LEHIGH61 was the fellow who proudly showed me the bedraggled game ball from LU's 1961 victory over the Crimson. And what ng said is the absolute truth: just football and family talk, without Conk-Donk backchat. He's an intense Hawk fan with a great sense of humor. Some of the lustiest cheers of the day on the home side were for the Yale-Lafayette score! Goodman is a terrific facility, and I look forward to my next visit!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2006, 08:30 AM
I'd like to thank ngineer (and his Dad) for being such gracious hosts. The game was a seesaw: Harvard down 24-7, then scoring 28 straight points before giving up the last 9. But for an errant Mountain Hawk 2-point conversion pass, we'd have gone to OT. Lehigh fans are outstanding: smart, enthusiastic and "kind to visitors." I have to wonder whether LEHIGH61 was the fellow who proudly showed me the bedraggled game ball from LU's 1961 victory over the Crimson. And what ng said is the absolute truth: just football and family talk, without Conk-Donk backchat. He's an intense Hawk fan with a great sense of humor. Some of the lustiest cheers of the day on the home side were for the Yale-Lafayette score! Goodman is a terrific facility, and I look forward to my next visit!

Glad you dug it Ivytalk. Hopefully next time Lehigh won't be so "kind" to visitors :D Good luck to you the rest of the way.

ngineer
October 1st, 2006, 12:09 PM

Yes, and it looks like the Crimsom make a return visit NEXT year, again! A little strange for two back to back home games. At Harvard in '08, and home again in '09. Of course, right now, we don't have a 'home field advantage' so hopefully that jinx will have been exorcised by then. Hopefully, the Crimson will run the table for us.:thumbsup:

carney2
October 1st, 2006, 03:01 PM
what is the PL vs Ivy record this year... I am guessing not good...

Read it and weep:

Bucknell 1-0
Colgate 1-0
Fordham 0-1
Georgetown 0-2
Holy Cross 0-1
Lafayette 0-3
Lehigh 0-2

That's a total of 2-9. Who's yer Daddy?!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 2nd, 2006, 06:07 AM
Sunday's Word: "Close".