PDA

View Full Version : Armanti Edwards Released by Carolina

UNH Fanboi
October 9th, 2013, 07:01 AM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/10/08/4374197/carolina-panthers-release-receiver.html#.UlVFC5m9LCQ

Rough week for ASU.

asucrutch23
October 9th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I think you'll find that most App fans are relieved that he was released for no other reason than that we want to see the guy succeed. That was not going to happen any time soon in a Panthers uniform the way he was being utilized. I'm not a Panthers fan, but even App fans who are Panthers fans seem to be pleased with the move because of the chance that he can get a fresh start somewhere else to show what he can do.

Smitty
October 9th, 2013, 07:19 AM
I don't know if that will happen though. I don't see why another team would be interested WR that has caught 5 footballs for 121 yards over 4 years.

I'm not trying to hate on AE but I just don't know if other teams would be that interested.

asucrutch23
October 9th, 2013, 07:30 AM
I don't know if that will happen though. I don't see why another team would be interested WR that has caught 5 footballs for 121 yards over 4 years.

I'm not trying to hate on AE but I just don't know if other teams would be that interested.

You may end up being right. However, he has been in bad situation after bad situation in Charlotte with the coaching staffs and quarterbacks. He got one full year as a return man and a couple opportunities out of the "wildcat," but that was pretty much it. I find it hard to believe that teams like the Patriots or Falcons couldn't do something with him. How much different is he than Julian Edelman?

Smitty
October 9th, 2013, 07:39 AM
You may end up being right. However, he has been in bad situation after bad situation in Charlotte with the coaching staffs and quarterbacks. He got one full year as a return man and a couple opportunities out of the "wildcat," but that was pretty much it. I find it hard to believe that teams like the Patriots or Falcons couldn't do something with him. How much different is he than Julian Edelman?

Somewhere I saw that he should try being a QB in the CFL and see if he can't get back in that way.

asucrutch23
October 9th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Somewhere I saw that he should try being a QB in the CFL and see if he can't get back in that way.

I'd be alright with that. Didn't work out great for Richie Williams with the Tiger Cats, but for me following the CFL briefly was sorta fun.

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 9th, 2013, 07:55 AM
the last couple of years, its been weird how the panthers have dealt with Edwards. During camp, he got a lot of playing time with the 1st team, coaches praised him, and this year the head coach even said he was the top offensive players of the camp, then the season started, and he is back on the bench. It appears the head coach was full of ****, and maybe using Edwards as a motivational tool. Whats sad about the Panthers is they have one of the worst passing attacks in the NFL, and it looks like its going to stay that way for the rest of the season, what do they have to lose playing him? Anyway, he will probably get some looks, but ya, maybe the CFL is the place to be to get his career back on track.

WH49er
October 9th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Ted Ginn emergence made him expendable. Hope he catches on somewhere else.

eaglewraith
October 9th, 2013, 08:39 AM
I'd be alright with that. Didn't work out great for Richie Williams with the Tiger Cats, but for me following the CFL briefly was sorta fun.

Tracy Ham lit it up in the CFL. The style of football makes someone like Armanti highly effective up there.

SpeedkingATL
October 9th, 2013, 09:08 AM
AE hasn't played QB in 4 years so there is a lot of rust to shake off if he takes that route. Hopefully another NFL team will pick him up as WR and give him some opportunity. AE getting injured just as Ginn started playing well sealed his fate. May be the best thing that he was released early enough in the season to catch on somewhere else. Would love to see him get a shot with the Falcons. He is a high character guy that hopefully gets a chance somewhere.

Lehigh'98
October 9th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Brady will be throwing to Edwards and Spadola in 2 weeks. An upgrade over their current core of receivers

ASUMountaineer
October 9th, 2013, 09:41 AM
This means Super Bowl for the Panthers, right? At least according to WFNZ.

Go Apps
October 9th, 2013, 02:50 PM
How about a head coaching job at APP STATE - hell two wrongs can make a right:)))

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM
http://www.successms.ca/canada-flag.jpg

mountaineerman
October 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Brady will be throwing to Edwards and Spadola in 2 weeks. An upgrade over their current core of receivers

I could see this happening.Bill said that if armanti was available on there next pic he would have grabbed him.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Fun fact I read today. If the Bison win out or at least get 6 more wins in some fashion this season, Brock Jensen will pass Armanti Edwards for most FCS wins in a career. He currently has 38 and Edwards leads with 43

SoCon2013
October 9th, 2013, 07:49 PM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/10/08/4374197/carolina-panthers-release-receiver.html#.UlVFC5m9LCQ

Rough week for ASU.
Armanti did exceedingly well to be on any NFL roster considering his size and the fact that he set records in the NCAA over a four year span as a QB and never had a shot at playing QB in the NFL but instead was put in the role of a WR and PR in he NFL..... Positions he never played in college and likely didn't even in high school.