PDA

View Full Version : FCS Game of the Week Preview: SIU @ UNI

CSN-info
October 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM
CSN's 2013 Week 7 Game of the Week Preview (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?974-CSN-s-2013-Week-7-Game-of-the-Week-Preview) (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?974-CSN-s-2013-Week-7-Game-of-the-Week-Preview/edit)

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1126&cid=18&thumb=1&stc=1 (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?974-CSN-s-2013-Week-7-Game-of-the-Week-Preview)
College Sporting News

A Missouri Valley Football rivalry with GPI #23 Southern Illinois heading to #3 Northern Iowa looking to stay in the MVFC race. While the home team has been most often victorious in this matchup and the series is lead by UNI 16-15, the Salukis own the only road win. Prognosticated by Emory Hunt and Football Gameplan on video.

Read More (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?974-CSN-s-2013-Week-7-Game-of-the-Week-Preview)

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2013, 06:58 PM
9 of the last 10 games between these teams have been decided by 7 points or less. It generally goes down to the last minute and often the last play.

Houndawg
October 8th, 2013, 08:07 PM
9 of the last 10 games between these teams have been decided by 7 points or less. It generally goes down to the last minute and often the last play.

Hope we can keep it respectable - they're going to be mightily fired up, but by the same token, finally some breaks went our way after a couple of heartbreakers

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Bad news for the Dawgs:
Except for 2009, the home team has won every game in this series since 1997.

Good news for the Dawgs:
Dale Lennon is 4-1 against UNI as a head coach.

Houndawg
October 8th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Bad news for the Dawgs:

Good news for the Dawgs:

He also has the only road victory between the teams for the past 15 years. I think UNI has the advantage overall on talent, but the Dawgs will be a whole different team now. UNI has the better d, but the Dawgs pass blocking has been very good so far, especially for playing without two starters for the last five games. This one could be a real barnburner and the crowd could be the edge in the dome. Keep an eye on the false start calls...

IBleedYellow
October 8th, 2013, 09:48 PM
SIU is the trap game in the Valley this year. UNI drops.

Moto X

clenz
October 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM

Moto X
If it wasn't homecoming at UNI, or the game was at SIU, I could see that being a possibility.

However, a packed house for homecoming with a pissed off team after last week....I don't see us losing because of a let down type game.

Southern Bison
October 8th, 2013, 10:30 PM
If it wasn't homecoming at UNI, or the game was at SIU, I could see that being a possibility.

However, a packed house for homecoming with a pissed off team after last week....I don't see us losing because of a let down type game.

Farley's out for the season and that will hurt your D...Any status on Johnson for the game with that hip flexor?

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2013, 08:33 PM

History definitely favors the Panthers in Cedar Falls.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Bad news for the Dawgs:

Good news for the Dawgs:

Wow I didn't know that about the Stasche.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/3189/2421129-2629336_darth_vader___impressive_color_lrg.jpg

TigerFen
October 9th, 2013, 08:39 PM
I think this game could be a blowout. UNI is going to be at home and very motivated after the NDSU loss. This could easily be a 14-21 point win for UNI. SIU is pretty good though and could make it closer.

skinny_uncle
October 10th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Wow I didn't know that about the Stasche.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/3189/2421129-2629336_darth_vader___impressive_color_lrg.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2013, 05:29 PM
UNI wins easily at home.

UNI 35-13

Bisonwinagn
October 11th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Interesting to see how UNI bounces back with the injuries to key players. SIU always plays them tough and could be decided by TD or less. I'll go 24-20 UNI.

Wallace
October 12th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I guess the answer is in, SIU pulls out another road win in overtime, 24-17

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Tenth time in the last eleven years that this game has been decided by 7 points or less.

underdawg
October 12th, 2013, 07:41 PM
UNI wins easily at home.

UNI 35-13

Saluki Nation thanks you for your whole hearted support!

TennBison
October 12th, 2013, 07:49 PM

Looks like you are wrong and overestimated your own team.
Glad to see those fat onion breathed UNI we have a better program than anyone else ever did fans got there second loss in a row. And at home none the less on home coming.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2013, 07:55 PM

Two homecoming wins in a row.

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Two homecoming wins in a row.
Three in a row would be sweet.

underdawg
October 12th, 2013, 08:01 PM
We play worse at home than on the rode.

IBleedYellow
October 12th, 2013, 08:05 PM

Moto X

Now NDSU needs to get through this trap game.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2013, 08:13 PM
UNI wins easily at home.

UNI 35-13

way to pick 'em.xcoffeex

TennBison
October 12th, 2013, 08:18 PM
We play worse at home than on the rode.

Road !!!!!!!!!!

Drblankstare
October 12th, 2013, 08:23 PM
I really don't know what to think about SIU so far. What I do know, is that the Bison Offense has looked sleepy in the first half of the last couple games. Should be another fun one.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I really don't know what to think about SIU so far. What I do know, is that the Bison Offense has looked sleepy in the first half of the last couple games. Should be another fun one.

We need to score as much as possible in the first three qtrs.

Drblankstare
October 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM
We need to score as much as possible in the first three qtrs.

That is true. Its pretty unreal how the Bison kick it into high in the 4th. The problem is obviously that if you always rely on that, you are playing with fire. Someday that extra gear may not be there.

TennBison
October 12th, 2013, 08:33 PM
That is true. Its pretty unreal how the Bison kick it into high in the 4th. The problem is obviously that if you always rely on that, you are playing with fire. Someday that extra gear may not be there.
We only scored 3 today in the fourth.

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2013, 08:37 PM
With an 18 point lead going into the fourth, you didn't need a lot.

Drblankstare
October 12th, 2013, 08:40 PM

I wasn't talking Scoring Offense, as much as dominating the lines of scrimmage. The last drive is a great example. Nothing but runs up the middle, but getting 7 yards a pop. The first half, Bison had what? 35 yards rushing.

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2013, 08:44 PM
I wasn't talking Scoring Offense, as much as dominating the lines of scrimmage. The last drive is a great example. Nothing but runs up the middle, but getting 7 yards a pop. The first half, Bison had what? 35 yards rushing.
Still, you dominated every phase of the game including yards rushing, yards passing and time of possession.

BisonBacker
October 12th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Question for UNI fans. Was or is Johnson still dinged up with the injury he sustained in the NDSU game? I know this next question is tough to answer and is only speculation but still will ask. How big of an impact on this weeks loss was it to not have Farley playing? I know I know it's just speculation but I'm curious to know opinions.

Twentysix
October 12th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Still, you dominated every phase of the game including yards rushing, yards passing and time of possession.

And points! :p

Congrats to SIU, I have always had them in my poll, had them #11 last week, I'm sure they will be top 10 this week ;).

Houndawg
October 12th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Question for UNI fans. Was or is Johnson still dinged up with the injury he sustained in the NDSU game? I know this next question is tough to answer and is only speculation but still will ask. How big of an impact on this weeks loss was it to not have Farley playing? I know I know it's just speculation but I'm curious to know opinions.

He had to have been dinged or they would have given him the ball more.

underdawg
October 12th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Every team has injuries this time of the year. SIU has several on the OL and even have a true frosh as second Guard on the two-deep. Just a great job by the Saluki OL pass protecting and Run blocking. 6'5" 320 RT tackle Moreland (transfer from Florida A&M) HAS ONLY Been At SIU for two months yet is a sterling Pass Blocker.

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2013, 09:41 PM
11 carries for 19 yards. They didn't give him the ball more because he wasn't getting anywhere.

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2013, 10:21 PM
We got owned today. Lucky to even have a chance to win in the end.

dewey
October 12th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Great win for SIU, congratulations! Next week should be another good MVFC matchup.

Go Bison!

Dewey

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Out of 50 offensive plays ran by UNI, Johnson was involved in 18 (11 rushes, 6 receptions and was on the receiving end of an incomplete pass). Is 36% of their plays a low number for Johnson?

Houndawg
October 13th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Out of 50 offensive plays ran by UNI, Johnson was involved in 18 (11 rushes, 6 receptions and was on the receiving end of an incomplete pass). Is 36% of their plays a low number for Johnson?

Don't know. It would be if I were the coach...if he was that dinged they should have played his backup