PDA

View Full Version : Injuries mount up!

BEAR
October 8th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Just read this today. Was amazed at the number of injuries the team has faced. Didn't realize it was to critical seniors and starters. Explains so much. Reminds me of McNeese for the past few years.

Cornerback Dominique Brown (knee)
Safety Karl Brady (knee)
Linebacker Aum'arie Wallace (ankle)
Off. Line Kyle Stouffer (knee)
Off. Line Lance Kloker (hamstring)
WR Dez Lewis (ankle)
Linebacker Justin Heard (suspension- not injury)
QB Smothers (small shin injury- should return though, but will he be effective?)

Those injuries to the OL leaves only 6 linemen with any quality playing time. The defense is depleted, ask the Cowboys.

There are others that have what I call mild injuries or nagging ones like foot problems but they are not listed as "injured". Most teams have these though.

I point these out not as an excuse but because as a fan I had no idea how many the team had already. I called our season after the Colorado game as you recall.

What are the injuries on your team? Are they mounting up?

msupokes1
October 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM
McNeese injuries had been so bad the last couple of years that the school had the orthopaedics group that helps the team do a research into why so many injuries have occurred. This summer McNeese had each player casted and orthotic insoles were designed for each player. ESPN Sports Science is doing a segment on this. So far this year we have only lost one player to a season ending injury. That player actually could still play if needed but the coaches have elected to apply for a medical redshirt. Last year we had a game against SELA were we were playing with something like 30 scholarship players. Hopefully we can stay healthy the remainder of the year.

McNeese72
October 8th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Just read this today. Was amazed at the number of injuries the team has faced. Didn't realize it was to critical seniors and starters. Explains so much. Reminds me of McNeese for the past few years.

Cornerback Dominique Brown (knee)
Safety Karl Brady (knee)
Linebacker Aum'arie Wallace (ankle)
Off. Line Kyle Stouffer (knee)
Off. Line Lance Kloker (hamstring)
WR Dez Lewis (ankle)
Linebacker Justin Heard (suspension- not injury)
QB Smothers (small shin injury- should return though, but will he be effective?)

Those injuries to the OL leaves only 6 linemen with any quality playing time. The defense is depleted, ask the Cowboys.

There are others that have what I call mild injuries or nagging ones like foot problems but they are not listed as "injured". Most teams have these though.

I point these out not as an excuse but because as a fan I had no idea how many the team had already. I called our season after the Colorado game as you recall.

What are the injuries on your team? Are they mounting up?

Welcome to our world (the last two seasons)!!!

We have a M.A.S.H. unit that we haven't had to use yet this season (knocking on wood) that we could send up to Conway if you want it. :)

I think we have one WR with a questionable knee that I think will not play again unless absolutely necessary and will apply for a medical redshirt.

Doc

BEAR
October 8th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Hey, as soon as you bring it up that you are injury free... BAM! Jack!

http://www.mattrobinsonlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/outspective-uncle-si-thats-a-fact-jack-300x300-1.png

gobears14
October 12th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Wynrick smothers out for the season. Guess we'll see our future at QB

BEAR
October 13th, 2013, 08:29 AM
WR Dez Lewis is injured too. Hey Cowboys, can we borrow your unis and your mash unit? xlolx

BEAR
October 13th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Wynrick smothers out for the season. Guess we'll see our future at QB

and career. Sad way to end it.

McNeese75
October 13th, 2013, 09:50 AM
WR Dez Lewis is injured too. Hey Cowboys, can we borrow your unis and your mash unit? xlolx
Sure send Lewis down and we will fix him up. Of course they will want to put a Cowboy uni on him for a few games to make sure he is ok :D

McNeese72
October 13th, 2013, 11:42 AM
and career. Sad way to end it.

Damn, I hate that to happen to a senior. Just like Malcolm Bronson's career was over in the 3rd game last season.

Doc

BEAR
October 13th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Sure send Lewis down and we will fix him up. Of course they will want to put a Cowboy uni on him for a few games to make sure he is ok :D

so says about 20 NFL teams so far this year too.