PDA

View Full Version : Colgate-Georgetown

Go...gate
September 30th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I'm nervous about this game. I well remember 2003 in DC and have a feeling that the Hoyas are overdue to beat us.

Go...gate
September 30th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Thankfully, we have stopped the bleeding. It has been another bad day for the Patriot League.

TheValleyRaider
September 30th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Well, at the very least there was nothing to worry about on our end. We looked like we were in a different class out there today. The offense looked like they were moving the ball effectively, and the defense overwhelmed the Hoyas. Don't know how this translates to the rest of the season, or even next week, but it does make me feel good to see how well we played against a team with a reputable defense. Big matchup with Princeton upcoming next week, hopefully they keep any momentum they have built up.

ngineer
September 30th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Well, at the very least there was nothing to worry about on our end. We looked like we were in a different class out there today. The offense looked like they were moving the ball effectively, and the defense overwhelmed the Hoyas. Don't know how this translates to the rest of the season, or even next week, but it does make me feel good to see how well we played against a team with a reputable defense. Big matchup with Princeton upcoming next week, hopefully they keep any momentum they have built up.

Yes, your game with Princeton next week should be a good barometer since the Tigers will have played each of the "Big 3". While Georgetown's D is certainly reputable, I get the sense it may start getting tired if the O can't make sustained drives. I'm hoping we get 'healthy' next week in D.C. as we look toward a new season....