PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the fantastic support!

FormerPokeCenter
October 7th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I just got back from the 24 HOB and I wanted to extend a quick thank you. I'll get into more detail and post some pictures later, but it was a great weekend. Our tiny 4-person team finished on the podium in third pace, while the first and second place teams had 62 members and 27 members respectively. The second place team only beat us by $600...

Most of the teams who finished behind us had exponentially more riders than we did...What you guys did made a real difference.

The fundraising competition may sound a little cavalier, but the fact is that without money, the services that cancer patients need can't be provided. So, we're more than willing to compete with each other and push each other to raise even more money!

We also took home the highly coveted "Highest Average Fundraising" and set a new ATL Booty record in the process, almost doubling the previous record.

My donors combined to raise $10,176.00 which is $2k over the highest we've ever raised before. I haven't had time to run the AGS numbers, but I think we may have exceeeded the $2200 from last year...I'll try to get all that squared away today or tomorrow...

But, the highlight of the event, for me, was meeing the parents of Samford center Perry Beasely. After SU DOG got a #69 Samford Jersey for the ride and had "Beasely" inscribed on it, the parents made contact with him and he put them in contact with me...

They watched Samford's great win over Georgia Southern, then came down to the Survivor's breakfast at 8 am on Sunday. They were really fine folks. Mrs. Beasely teared up when she saw Perry's jersey, and...well....that sorta stuff is contagious, ya know?

They were great people. Mrs. Beasley was leaving right after the breakfast to catch a plane to Florida to work with a children's camp that caters to children with cancer. They appeared to be pretty moved by the 24HOB and what we do. The speakers at the Breakfast were a childhood cancer survivor and a researcher from the AFLAC Children's Hospital staff. The topics were right on point with regard to Perry's continued monitoring and treatment.

The word "thanks" isn't adequate to express my gratitude to the folks who supported the ride the last two years. Between TheRevSFA getting the ball rolling with his challenge and fantastic finanical support, and AlphaGriz's great financial support and his call-outs on eGriz and IBleedYellow's great serial donations and Ursus's support of the financial and informational kinds, and Citdog's serial shoutouts on The Wedge, it was a team effort! You guys rock!

I'll follow up with some photos and a breakdown of the numbers...

The finish qualified me for a slot at the LiveSTRONG Challenge Ride for the Roses in two weeks, where I'll get to interact with LiveSTRONG's top fundraisers from across the country and - hopefully - pick up some additional tips so we raise even more money for the cause...

Seriously, you guys ROCK!

Thank you.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 11:11 AM
If Dr. ND4E can keep her womb closed next year, I'm back in. Congratulations on everything!

IBleedYellow
October 7th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Congrats on getting 3rd Jay!! Glad to hear things went so well. AGS is full of lots of great people, even thought we all have fits alot! :D

FormerPokeCenter
October 7th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I forgot to mention...I finished as the runner up in individual fundraising, thanks to you guys!

The guy who's won it now for 3 years in a row gets some substantial corporate donations...

He paid us an incredible compliment. At the awards banquet, he was asked about winning the top fundraiser award three years running...He deferred and said that he felt like though he collected the most money, he wasn't the top fundraiser, since there were almost 140 donations to my ride this year...what's impressive is the ONLY way he could have known that is if he'd gone to the fundraising page and counted the number of donors in the scrolling list.

The other thing that he said blew his mind was the number of people who donate serially to my ride every year. Everytime I talk to another top fundraiser in one of the other Booty cities, they want to know how that happens. That has nothing to do with me. None of this has anything to do with me. It's simply a testament to the people who choose to donate to the ride.

You guys ROCK!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 7th, 2013, 12:57 PM
It has a little something to do with you Jay. Big congrats to you, your team, and the teams you competed with on this.

I'm never more proud of being part of this place than at times like these.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 7th, 2013, 02:44 PM
If Dr. ND4E can keep her womb closed next year, I'm back in. Congratulations on everything!
A lot of people would take a shot at this post.................but not me...............not me................................................ ..

Congrats Jay!

Glad to hear we rock even though most of our egos already know that! Keep on keepin on and I promise that next year will be your biggest year ever.

AG karma is a very f*c*ing awesome thing to have on your side. Its the anti Grizo!

FormerPokeCenter
October 8th, 2013, 11:48 AM
There are a ton of pics online about the 2013 edition of the 24 Hours of Booty...

This is - by far - my FAVORITE one....thanks to SU DOG, himself a cancer survivor AND a donor to the ride, for making this happen!

Lynn, you ROCK!!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 8th, 2013, 11:58 AM
There are a ton of pics online about the 2013 edition of the 24 Hours of Booty...

This is - by far - my FAVORITE one....thanks to SU DOG, himself a cancer survivor AND a donor to the ride, for making this happen!

Lynn, you ROCK!!

That is damn cool. Also like it because citdog picked up on the Beasley at the start of the season and did a nice little bit on him in the first week of the season.

FormerPokeCenter
October 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Running the numbers today and the AGS crew beat last year's $2200 total by $236.00, for a total of $2,436.00. This doesn't include TheRevSFA's recurring donation because that got credited to last year's total...

This year, 38 donations by 24 donors. A combined two-year total of damn near $5,000 from this board to support LiveSTRONG, Be The Match, AFLAC Children's Hospital, The Levine Cancer Institute and several other monetary funds devoted to the war on cancer.

Major props to IBleedYellow for his 4 individual donations and one recurring donation for a total of $455 on the year! IBleed is a young guy, just starting out, so that level of commitment to the cause is ****ing awesome!

Other guys who donated more than once include Ursus (2 donations) AZGrizFan (two donations), AlphaGriz (3 donations) who also put out a great challenge on e-Griz, and to MSUBobcats (four donations) and MCG (2 donations)...

Though it's not part of the AGS challenge, big props to the Northwestern donors who've supported me every year I've done this, including Houston Demon who hit me with $350 on four donations this year and who's WELL over $1,000 since we started this four years ago. On the year, Northwestern had 6 donors who contributed $1,375.00...McNeese had 12 donors with obvious ties to GeauxCowboys who contributed $1,750.00

I had two absolutely FANTASTIC donations from Samford fans. First, SU DOG donated a jersey to the ride AND hit me with a great $100 donation. Then, Mike and Salli Beasley hit me with a $100 donation and drove over to attend the survivor breakfast on Sunday morning. That was the highlight of the event for me...

I can't thank you guys enough....For once, I'm actually at a loss for words to express just how great this support has been. I truly don't know what to say...

You guy ROCK!

ASUG8
October 10th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Good job again this year!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Running the numbers today and the AGS crew beat last year's $2200 total by $236.00, for a total of $2,436.00. This doesn't include TheRevSFA's recurring donation because that got credited to last year's total...

This year, 38 donations by 24 donors. A combined two-year total of damn near $5,000 from this board to support LiveSTRONG, Be The Match, AFLAC Children's Hospital, The Levine Cancer Institute and several other monetary funds devoted to the war on cancer.

Major props to IBleedYellow for his 4 individual donations and one recurring donation for a total of $455 on the year! IBleed is a young guy, just starting out, so that level of commitment to the cause is ****ing awesome!

Other guys who donated more than once include Ursus (2 donations) AZGrizFan (two donations), AlphaGriz (3 donations) who also put out a great challenge on e-Griz, and to MSUBobcats (four donations) and MCG (2 donations)...

Though it's not part of the AGS challenge, big props to the Northwestern donors who've supported me every year I've done this, including Houston Demon who hit me with $350 on four donations this year and who's WELL over $1,000 since we started this four years ago. On the year, Northwestern had 6 donors who contributed $1,375.00...McNeese had 12 donors with obvious ties to GeauxCowboys who contributed $1,750.00

I had two absolutely FANTASTIC donations from Samford fans. First, SU DOG donated a jersey to the ride AND hit me with a great $100 donation. Then, Mike and Salli Beasley hit me with a $100 donation and drove over to attend the survivor breakfast on Sunday morning. That was the highlight of the event for me...

I can't thank you guys enough....For once, I'm actually at a loss for words to express just how great this support has been. I truly don't know what to say...

You guy ROCK!

Jay, not any hurry since I know this has all be a whirlwind the last few weeks but when you can I need the names of every AGS member who donated $50 or more from the beginning of this years drive. A spreadsheet or whatever you have is fine as well.