PDA

View Full Version : Three Ivies in Top 25?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I think you can make a case.

3-0 Harvard
3-0 Yale beat ranked Cal Poly
2-1 Princeton only loss to Lehigh

I don't think any other them will be threatening NDSU in the upper reaches of the Top Ten yet, but I'm seriously considering putting three in my Top 25.

bonarae
October 7th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Not so fast. I only had two in my own Top 25. But three seems justifiable at this point. The rest of the nation, usually with three or more strong teams per conference, is rather weak at this time... xchinscratchx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Not so fast. I only had two in my own Top 25. But three seems justifiable at this point. The rest of the nation, usually with three or more strong teams per conference, is rather weak at this time... xchinscratchx

This plays a huge part as to why it's plausible. I really struggled after 16 trying to figure out who belonged.

RichH2
October 7th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Agree on 2. Using LU to justify Princeton is a reach.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Agree on 2. Using LU to justify Princeton is a reach.

But Princeton has the wins over the 7th and 15th worst division 1 teams in the country ;).

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I had Yale. Harvard and Princeton deserve consideration. Harvard more so...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Princeton beat two Division I teams by a combined 103-29 score, and they don't even deserve consideration?

Hard to see a team like Chuck South a slam-dunk for a Top 25 spot but Princeton somehow being shunted to the sidelines completely.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM
#245 Columbia out of 252 division I teams.

#236 Georgetown out of 252 division I teams.

Lol, you guys don't get football on a national level I think.

Even if Princeton is a good team, they haven't done anything to prove it. All they have done is proven they aren't worse than Georgetown or Columbia.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2013, 10:46 AM

Even if Princeton is a good team, they haven't done anything to prove it. All they have done is proven they aren't worse than Georgetown or Columbia.

Where would(if at all) would you rank Baylor in FBS?

All you can do is show a clear level of dominance over the vastly inferior...

BlueHenSinfonian
October 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I ranked Yale this week, I'll keep an eye open for Harvard and Princeton to see what they do.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2013, 10:48 AM

I understand if people don't put Princeton in their Top 25. What I don't understand is why Princeton's record is dismissed out-of-hand and not even worthy of a second look. Not only did they come very, very close to beating Lehigh, they stomped a couple of teams by dropping more than 50 on them.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Where would(if at all) would you rank Baylor in FBS?

All you can do is show a clear level of dominance over the vastly inferior...

Baylor has no losses, and WVU is a quality team. It's not even close to a true comparison.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Baylor has no losses, and WVU is a quality team

Stop. xlolx xlolx xlolx

CFBfan
October 7th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Princeton beat two Division I teams by a combined 103-29 score, and they don't even deserve consideration?

Hard to see a team like Chuck South a slam-dunk for a Top 25 spot but Princeton somehow being shunted to the sidelines completely.

c'mon lfn, they beat 2 of the worst teams in the country (columbia & gtown) for cryin out loud. for a guy that blogs on football you really don't have a very good grasp on the game! did you ever actualy play the sport?? if so at what level?????

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
c'mon lfn, they beat 2 of the worst teams in the country (columbia & gtown) for cryin out loud. for a guy that blogs on football you really don't have a very good grasp on the game! did you ever actualy play the sport?? if so at what level?????

What a waste of a perfectly good 1,000th post.

Did you watch the entire Lehigh/Princeton game, like I did?

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Stop. xlolx xlolx xlolx

If Princeton beat Lehigh by 25 they would have an argument similar to Baylor. But they lost.

CFBfan
October 7th, 2013, 10:52 AM

yes, by responding to your foolish claim i did waste it, my bad

CFBfan
October 7th, 2013, 10:56 AM

BTW, here is your arguement:

Originally Posted by Lehigh Football Nation http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2024338#post2024338) Princeton beat two Division I teams by a combined 103-29 score, and they don't even deserve consideration?

Your lost dude! and again I ask: did you ever play the game?? if so at what level???? just wondering?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lehigh Football Nation http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2024338#post2024338) Princeton beat two Division I teams by a combined 103-29 score, and they don't even deserve consideration?

Your lost dude! and again I ask: did you ever play the game?? if so at what level???? just wondering?

I never like that argument. We are posting on a message board. Nobody gives a **** whether anyone played the game or not.

Some of the best football analysts and reporters never played the game.

ccd494
October 7th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I understand if people don't put Princeton in their Top 25. What I don't understand is why Princeton's record is dismissed out-of-hand and not even worthy of a second look. Not only did they come very, very close to beating Lehigh, they stomped a couple of teams by dropping more than 50 on them.

So we know that Princeton is better than two bad teams, and not quite as good as a team that is in the bottom half of the top 25. That doesn't scream "RANK ME!" to me.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2013, 11:01 AM

CFB,

Perhaps he should have said, they were expected to challenge in the IL, have the top FCS pro prospect, have momentum from '12, Surace has recruited well. In addition to dominating two bad teams and losing a close game to a ranked opponent.

That's worthy of, at the very least, "consideration".

My posts from my phone are grammar disasters ...

CFBfan
October 7th, 2013, 11:03 AM
CFB,

Perhaps if he should have said, they were expected to challenge in the IL, have the top FCS pro prospect, have momentum from '11, Surace has recruited well. In addition to dominating two bad teams and losing to close game to a quality opponent.

That's worthy of, at the least, "consideration".

certain;y a better arguement

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2013, 11:05 AM
So we know that Princeton is better than two bad teams, and not quite as good as a team that is in the bottom half of the top 25. That doesn't scream "RANK ME!" to me.

Completely valid.

Lehigh'98
October 7th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Princeton should not sniff the top 25 yet. Beating Yale or Harvard would sway my opinion.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I have Yale 22 and Harvard 25 in my top 25. Lehigh 21. I dropped Penn and replaced them with Harvard after Penn lost to Nova. I actually ranked Princeton in the preseason.

Keep an eye out for Brown too.

CFBfan
October 7th, 2013, 12:38 PM
I have Yale 22 and Harvard 25 in my top 25. Lehigh 21. I dropped Penn and replaced them with Harvard after Penn lost to Nova. I actually ranked Princeton in the preseason.

wow! i really don't think any of those 3 belong there right now.

Sader87
October 7th, 2013, 12:43 PM

Harvard is better than Yale or Lehigh imo....love the yale win at CP but I'd be surprised if they're better than Brown or Princeton when all is said and done.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I'll give some credit to Lehigh, especially with how the rest of the country is performing... they at least deserve a spot in the bottom run of the poll.

And Yale beat a ranked team... after a poised performance.

Harvard is more based upon how they usually are... I watched their game against Brown, and they definitely have horses to be a ranked team.

And like I said, the rest of the country is not exactly impressing.

Go Green
October 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM

Harvard kicked the #### out of Brown. Holy Cross should get votes before Brown does.

Kramer
October 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Princeton should not sniff the top 25 yet. Beating Yale or Harvard would sway my opinion.

+ 1

Sader87
October 7th, 2013, 01:51 PM
You're really not going to get a good grasp of just how good Ol' Nassau is until they play at Brown after this week's game against the Pards imo.

Yale winning in Hanover against a twice beaten at the buzzer in successive weeks Indian squad would be impressive.

Go Green
October 7th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Yale winning in Hanover against a twice beaten at the buzzer in successive weeks Indian squad would be impressive.

Would also effectively sink Dartmouth's season. We need a win badly after the HC and Penn heartbreakers...

ch0306
October 7th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Baylor's victory over WVA isn't so easy to discount. WVA played OU close at Norman and whipped an undefeated, ranked OSU team. Baylor destroyed WVA, scoring 56 ponts in the first half.

Go...gate
October 7th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I think Princeton still has some work to do to crack the Top 25.