PDA

View Full Version : Most Significant Win Loss

BisonBacker
October 7th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Normally I don't like having the same game for these two selections in the AGS Poll Vote but this week I think is the exception. The NDSU-UNI game was a hell of a game. I wouldn't blame anyone for picking these two in the vote for most significant win and loss. I know I did.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Normally I don't like having the same game for these two selections in the AGS Poll Vote but this week I think is the exception. The NDSU-UNI game was a hell of a game. I wouldn't blame anyone for picking these two in the vote for most significant win and loss. I know I did.

They didn't create any movement for me which is my measure for significance.

I picked SDSU for the loss and Samford for the win because SDSU dropped precipitously and Samford jumped into my top 25.

Professor Chaos
October 7th, 2013, 09:13 AM
SDSU was my most significant loss as well. They needed that game to get on track. Most significant win was kind of a toss up but I thought Montana St's win was eye opening against a pretty good UNA team. McNeese St, Samford, and Maine also had significant wins. I think I went with Maine in the end.

superman7515
October 7th, 2013, 09:14 AM
They didn't create any movement for me which is my measure for significance.

Agree. Two teams ranked near the top, played a close game, and the favored team won. Nothing significant about it at all.

Cal Poly for the loss, Southern Illinois for the win.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Now if you're talking most significant game as in 60 minutes you could watch over and over, then UNI/NDSU. That's going to stay on my DVR for a long time.

IBleedYellow
October 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM
NAU for sig loss.

I don't remember who I chose for win.

Dane96
October 7th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Maine....throwing an absolute beat down--all the while being discounted by voters--has to be under consideration for a significant Win.

mmiller_34
October 7th, 2013, 09:32 AM
I put Jacksonville State as most significant win -- They throttled #17 Tenn-Martin to put them at 5-1. JSU is in my 20-25 range now.

For significant loss I put Cal Poly after getting beat by two touchdowns by Yale.

RabidRabbit
October 7th, 2013, 09:37 AM
I had Fordham for the win, they all but sealed a play-off position with the Lehigh W.

Either SDSU or Cal Poly for the L. Both teams were expected to win their games, and really hurt their play-off chances by missing the W.

melloware13
October 7th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I think I had Maine for the win, and Cal Poly for the loss. I considered NDSU for the win, but I would have probably wanted a bigger margin given that it was two closely matched teams.

ElCid
October 7th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Agree. Two teams ranked near the top, played a close game, and the favored team won. Nothing significant about it at all.

Cal Poly for the loss, Southern Illinois for the win.

They were mine.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Maine win
UCA Loss

Cocky
October 7th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Win NDSU
Loss SDSU

could have been
Win: Fordham, SIU, Delaware, SC State, JSU, Maine, Montana St, Yale
Loss: UTM, UNI, UNH, Cal Poly, NAU,

bjtheflamesfan
October 7th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Maine....throwing an absolute beat down--all the while being discounted by voters--has to be under consideration for a significant Win.

Significant win generally involves a lower ranked or unranked team beating a ranked opponent (thus creating significant movement within the poll). Voter sentiment does not generally factor into what makes a win significant or not

bluehenbillk
October 7th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Maine for the W & SDSU for the loss

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2013, 12:20 PM
18377......AGS POLL...@ FORTY-SOMETHIN'...YALE...FLEW X-COUNTRY...TA DELIVERAH...."PUNCH TA DUH MOUTH" ..(UH BORROWED LINE FROM DJ KEB'MA')...TA #11 CAL-PIE.....FOUGHT OFF DUH TIME ZONES/OPTION...SHUDDAH BEEN SIGNIFICANT WIN.....xnodx....BRAWK!

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 12:24 PM
18377......AGS POLL...@ FORTY-SOMETHIN'...YALE...FLEW X-COUNTRY...TA DELIVERAH...."PUNCH TA DUH MOUTH" ..(UH BORROWED LINE FROM DJ KEB'MA')...TA #11 CAL-PIE.....FOUGHT OFF DUH TIME ZONES/OPTION...SHUDDAH BEEN SIGNIFICANT WIN.....xnodx....BRAWK!

A flight the other direction would matter quite a bit more, imo. But Yale's win was a big one. Hopefully the IL starts stepping more and more outside their scheduling comfort zone. They were playing at 6pm eastern hardly a weird time.

If Cal poly was playing an 11am game at Yale that would have been nuts, it would have been 7am according to their bodies.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Win: Yale... most surprising win for me.. CP ranked and everyone dumps on the Ivy.
Loss: SDSU... two conference losses and tough games coming up does not help their playoff chances.