PDA

View Full Version : UNH vs ASU possible title game?

ASUTed
September 29th, 2006, 10:11 PM
The best Offense vs in my opinion the best Defense, how would they match up? Very exciting possibilities.

ButlerGSU
September 29th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I'd go back to Chatty this December to watch that.

youwouldno
September 29th, 2006, 10:26 PM
I'd wait a little while before penciling in the title matchup.

ASU Kep
September 30th, 2006, 01:43 AM
The thought of UNH vs. ASU in the semi's or Chatty HAS crossed my mind, I'm not going to lie. It could be one for the ages.

...with that being said, it is way too early to talk about Chatty (or even the semi's). We've got some stuff to work on (most notably, Furman :D), and so do they. Hopefully without jinx'ing anything, I'd say there is a good chance *IF* either ASU or UNH win it all this year, one will have defeated the other somewhere along the line. Just my $.02.

HiHiYikas
September 30th, 2006, 10:50 AM
There are a number of teams that are looking mighty formidable these days. Everybody in the top 10 is looking very good - to the point that predicting possible title contenders is more impossible than usual. UNH are looking like word-beaters these days, though, and I'm not surprised if that doesn't change over the course of the season.

Maybe self-deprecation is clouding my ability to make a good assessment, but I think ASU's QB situation puts up too much of a question mark. My anxiety about Jerome Felton is larger than my optimism for Armanti Edwards.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Furman and Richmond making some noise in the playoffs. From a I-AA big-picture standpoint, it would be cool to see an all-private championship between UR and FU. From an ASU fan standpoint, not so much.

UNH-Richmond on 10/7 ought to be huge (I wish that game was in Richmond, I'd be there in a heartbeat). UNH-UMass on 11/4 is the same story.

ASU-Furman at KBS on October 28 ought to be E-normous. If Furman and ASU win all their games between now and 10/28, I'd be comfortable saying that the winner of that game will probably play in the semifinals. And, as history can attest, maybe the winner and the loser go to the semis.

rcny46
September 30th, 2006, 12:30 PM
The best Offense vs in my opinion the best Defense, how would they match up? Very exciting possibilities.

For some reason,I just don't see that game taking place.Montana,Furman,Illinois St.,Youngstown,Richmond,and Cal Poly might have something to say about who meets in that contest. :twocents:

UNHWildCats
September 30th, 2006, 12:39 PM
For some reason,I just don't see that game taking place.Montana,Furman,Illinois St.,Youngstown,Richmond,and Cal Poly might have something to say about who meets in that contest. :twocents:

Will throwing things at the TV during the 1st round effect the matchups? :D :D :nod: xlolx xlolx j/k

rcny46
September 30th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Will throwing things at the TV during the 1st round effect the matchups? :D :D :nod: xlolx xlolx j/k

Well,that might help.Given some of the big upsets we've seen so far,I wouldn't want to predict who makes it to the NC game.There are some quality teams out there.For the Wildcats,the next three weeks should be revealing.I think the 4 semi finalists could be UNH ,ASU,Youngstown and Montana,while Furman & Ill.St. have to figure in there somewhere.Of course,if some of these teams meet in earlier rounds,that would change the final four matchups.I guess I'll have to wait and see how things work out-just like everyone else.It'll be an interesting season,that's for sure.

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 01:48 PM
ASU is the second best team in the SoCon ;)

no return trip to Chatty this year :)

Kabooom
September 30th, 2006, 03:37 PM
IF the seedings allow.......and..IF these teams stay healthy (BIG ifs) the Grizzlies, and the Cats from UNH have a good chance of meeting in the Noogie, provided both teams are performing at their current level of play come this post-season....Would be fun to be a WR in this matchup!:twocents:

ngineer
September 30th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Too soon to say yet. The top eight teams certainly have seemed to show some separation from the rest of the country. And while I currently list UNH and ASU as #1 & 2 respectively, Montana, Furman, Cal Poly, also look very formidable.