PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 6

superman7515
October 5th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Here is the How They Fared spreadsheet for Week 6...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdG1rVVdxcVNLX3NROFR6MXFfOVZkR kE&usp=sharing

Working on updating the Good Wins/Bad Losses sheet right now, I'll have it up sometime tomorrow morning hopefully, just didn't want to delay posting the spreadsheet any longer. As always, as long as you see the *** next to the Sagarin rankings, that is through the games played last week. He does not update until Sunday, so I'm kind of stuck on those when I first post the spreadsheet. As always, if you notice any errors, please let me know so that they can be fixed asap.

Thanks for taking a look and making this successful, good luck with your ballots.

Samalum'10
October 6th, 2013, 09:15 AM
SHSU only has 2 D1 wins

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2013, 09:15 AM
To the TOP!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Technically LU's conference record is 0-0, likewise with Fordham....

superman7515
October 6th, 2013, 11:02 AM
SHSU only has 2 D1 wins

I'm assuming you're referring to Houston Baptist and Incarnate Word. Both are FCS Independents this season and count as Division 1 wins.

superman7515
October 6th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Technically LU's conference record is 0-0, likewise with Fordham....

Yeah, I know that Fordham has that 0-0 record, I just figured people would want to know how many of those games were non-conference and how many were in the Patriot. Since it has never really been an issue with Fordham, I checked what I did with Lehigh last year and I didn't show the win over Fordham in the conference records. Do you guys think we should show how Fordham is doing in the PL or just show the 0-0? I mean, realistically, this is the farthest thing from official possible, so it's all about what will make sense to us here. Which would be better?

LehighU11
October 6th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I know that Fordham has that 0-0 record, I just figured people would want to know how many of those games were non-conference and how many were in the Patriot. Since it has never really been an issue with Fordham, I checked what I did with Lehigh last year and I didn't show the win over Fordham in the conference records. Do you guys think we should show how Fordham is doing in the PL or just show the 0-0? I mean, realistically, this is the farthest thing from official possible, so it's all about what will make sense to us here. Which would be better?

I'm in favor of showing Fordham's record against PL competition.

superman7515
October 6th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Sagarin still hasn't updated the college football ratings. Running later than usual.

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2013, 01:18 PM
It'd be nice if Ursus would open up the AGS polls...

superman7515
October 6th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I believe it is open, the banner just appears at the bottom of the page instead of the top now.

Engineer86
October 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM

Agree

Hammerhead
October 6th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Week 6 Sagarin ratings now posted at http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2013/team/.
NDSU rated #37 with a predictor score of #40 UNI is still the #2 FCS team, followed by Eastern Ill., Towson, and McNeese State.

Sagarin still hasn't updated the college football ratings. Running later than usual.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2013, 08:00 PM

I would show Fordham's record as well. However, I wouldn't count a loss to the Rams since they don't factor into the auto bid. It could make things confusing imo.

Twentysix
October 6th, 2013, 08:37 PM
I would show Fordham's record as well. However, I wouldn't count a loss to the Rams since they don't factor into the auto bid. It could make things confusing imo.

It will be factored into seeding the AQ. Why not just show it altogether?

Just handle it the same way APP and GSU are being handled.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2013, 08:42 PM
It will be factored into seeding the AQ. Why not just show it altogether?

Because 2 league losses can equal 1 or 1 can equal 0 depending on who's played who if Fordham is included. Without them it's easier for non PL fans to track the race imo.

Twentysix
October 6th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Because 2 league losses can equal 1 or 1 can equal 0 depending on who's played who if Fordham is included. Without them it's easier for non PL fans to track the race imo.

Are you advocating a win but not a loss, or just ignoring it all toghether?

How is the socon being handled by supe, its essentially the same situation.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2013, 08:53 PM

Include the standings for Fordham because it doesn't matter other than for curiosity. W/L to Fordham should not be included for LU, HC, LC, GU, BU and CU. Doing so will inaccurately show the auto bid race. LU is not the same 0-1 as Bucknell right now.

mainejeff
October 6th, 2013, 09:03 PM
I wish that Maine could play Fordham.

superman7515
October 6th, 2013, 09:06 PM

Georgia Southern & AppState do count in the SoCon standings. They aren't eligible for the playoffs because of the NCAA rules, they aren't eligible for the conference title because of the SoCon rules. The difference is that the SoCon hasn't said AppState/Georgia Southern will be 0-0. So far the majority is to show the record, so I'm just going to keep running with it. Like I said, it's the farthest thing from official as there is, so it doesn't really matter since who is/isn't in the running for the PL title has no bearing on who is/isn't the better team. Example, Colgate is 1-4 and Georgetown is 1-4, their standings in the PL race has no bearing on which one is better than the other.

ngineer
October 6th, 2013, 10:36 PM

agreed

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I wish that Maine could play Fordham.

If things continue as they are, you might get your wish in the playoffs.