PDA

View Full Version : Yale @ Cal Poly

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Yale winning, start of 4Q...

Franks Tanks
October 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Look at the Ivy league. Brown is also beating a quality Rhode Island team.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I am not surprised at all by this Yale score.

smilo
October 5th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Geez, Does anyone in the Big Sky even want to make the playoffs?! 24-10 now.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Keep it going Yale! Yes Virginia, the IL plays good football...

bonarae
October 5th, 2013, 06:56 PM
FINAL. Yale 24, Cal Poly 10

Poly made too many errors and were killed by penalties against them... Yale is a real challenger for the Ivy title this year, barring any chokes...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Great win for the IL. This should turn some heads in the BSC. It is about Yale/IL being good....

Gater
October 5th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Cal Poly also lost to FBS #23 Fresno State by two touchdowns. It's always hard to tell how good Ivy League teams are because of how few teams they play outside of the Patriot and NEC but Yale appears to be a very good team.

malibudude
October 5th, 2013, 07:27 PM
FINAL. Yale 24, Cal Poly 10

Poly made too many errors and were killed by penalties against them... Yale is a real challenger for the Ivy title this year, barring any chokes...

Yale is a pretty good football team, executed their plan without flaw and more than deserved the win. Poly made massive mistakes in all phases of the game. Congrats to Yale and the Ivy League. Wish you guys could participate in the playoffs.

bonarae
October 5th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Cal Poly also lost to FBS #23 Fresno State by two touchdowns. It's always hard to tell how good Ivy League teams are because of how few teams they play outside of the Patriot and NEC but Yale appears to be a very good team.

However, Cal Poly played a strong second half in that game. But in this game, they were dominated by Yale in the second half.

Yes, from a national perspective, the IL needs to have more games like this for us fans to have a good gauge of how good they really are...

Tribal
October 5th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Keep it going Yale! Yes Virginia, the IL plays good football...

Tell it to the team in SLO.

BTW, your big win over UNH isn't looking quite as sexy today. :what:

danefan
October 5th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Congrats to Yale. Long trip. Great win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Tell it to the team in SLO.

But Princeton is...long way to go for everyone though.

Towson is REALLY good. UNH will win some games...

cpalum
October 5th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Yale deserved the win but it was one if the worst games I've seen Cal Poly play....sloppy ....undisciplined .....how many personal fouls did they get? 5 ? Horrible Cal Poly performance

Congratulations Yale! Shame on you Cal Poly!

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2013, 09:22 PM
This was the most shocking score of the day for me!

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2013, 09:30 PM

Come on! Mr know it all... Yale was terrible last year. And CP is ranked.

Sader87
October 5th, 2013, 09:35 PM
I'm a bit surprised but I've felt for awhile that the Ivies have been unfairly looked down upon by many here and elsewhere.

It's not like all these FCS teams out West, or the South or Midwest are "head and shoulders' above the better Ivy (or better Patriot League) teams. Some years some of these teams are very good (NDSU the last couple of years, Montana, Appalachian St etc etc) but more often than not the best 2 or 3 teams in the Ivy/PL can play with just about anyone in the country at the FCS level. It's not like they're playing Oregon, Ohio St or Alabama.

LehighU11
October 5th, 2013, 10:11 PM

Well, it was after the first quarter...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2013, 11:12 PM

When they beat Colgate in Hamilton RESOUNDINGLY with MCCARNEY PLAYING, I knew they weren't going to finish 7th in the Ivy League.

Some folks shoveled dirt on Colgate at that point, but I thought Yale had a lot to do with that.

ngineer
October 5th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Glad to see this happen. Maybe, but probably not, those west of the Mississippi can acknowledge that the top teams in the IL are quality teams and that when some one beats one it is a quality win. "Eli's Coming!"

slostang
October 5th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Yale is a pretty good football team, executed their plan without flaw and more than deserved the win. Poly made massive mistakes in all phases of the game. Congrats to Yale and the Ivy League. Wish you guys could participate in the playoffs.
Well said malibudude. Congrats to very good Yale team.

bulldog10jw
October 6th, 2013, 12:16 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by malibudude http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2023329#post2023329)

Well said malibudude. Congrats to very good Yale team.

I was at the game and there is no doubt that Poly more than helped Yale with mostly horrible, untimely, penalties. Yale did play with a lot of poise, especially Furman at QB, in the 2nd half and both Randall and Smith had terrific receptions on the drive that made it 24-10 and Varga was steady if not spectacular.

To everyone who has never been there, San Luis Obispo is as pretty a college town as you will ever see.

But, damn it was hot and we were sitting in the sun the whole game. Glad we brought the sun block.

slostang
October 6th, 2013, 12:56 AM
I was at the game and there is no doubt that Poly more than helped Yale with mostly horrible, untimely, penalties. Yale did play with a lot of poise, especially Furman at QB, in the 2nd half and both Randall and Smith had terrific receptions on the drive that made it 24-10 and Varga was steady if not spectacular.

To everyone who has never been there, San Luis Obispo is as pretty a college town as you will ever see.

But, damn it was hot and we were sitting in the sun the whole game. Glad we brought the sun block.
We play the majority of our home games at 6:00 pm. I believe Yale asked for the early start to help with travel.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2013, 07:14 AM

Congrats, bulldog!xthumbsupx My bookie thanks you, too! Now get your butt over to the "Boola, Boola" thread on the other board!xlolx

dystopiamembrane
October 6th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Brown is...beating a quality Rhode Island team.
quality?!?

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2013, 09:43 AM

When they beat Colgate in Hamilton RESOUNDINGLY with MCCARNEY PLAYING, I knew they weren't going to finish 7th in the Ivy League.

Some folks shoveled dirt on Colgate at that point, but I thought Yale had a lot to do with that.

Colgate at that point had more problems than just McC injury. It's not clear how good they are and therefore, how good Yale is... it wasn't a blow out so yes the CP win is very surprising. Now Colgate blew out Cornell so yes it's clear Yale has something going for it. But that wasn't clear before yesterday.

bulldog10jw
October 6th, 2013, 09:56 AM
It's a great win, and Yale is off to a great start, but they are still very young, especially on defense, and somewhere along the line there will be some growing pains. Guaranteed.

slostang
October 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
It's a great win, and Yale is off to a great start, but they are still very young, especially on defense, and somewhere along the line there will be some growing pains. Guaranteed.
Well you gained some fans in California. Yale played with poise and made great half time adjustments. Something Cal Poly had done before yesterday. Best of luck the rest of the season. I will be pulling for you.

Tubakat2014
October 6th, 2013, 10:50 AM
The Ivy League needs to start participating in the playoffs yesterday. But I know I'm preaching to the choir...

bulldog10jw
October 6th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Well you gained some fans in California. Yale played with poise and made great half time adjustments. Something Cal Poly had done before yesterday. Best of luck the rest of the season. I will be pulling for you.

Thanks, and I will be pulling for Cal Poly, as well. All the CP fans we met were great with nothing but high praise for Yale. I had a great time, and not just because Yale won. San Luis Obispo residents and Cal Poly fans are top notch and it was a great atmosphere all weekend.

Pards Rule
October 6th, 2013, 08:30 PM

Hell, we even beat Yale last year!