PDA

View Full Version : Is SDSU over rated or is SIU better than their record?

penguinpower
October 5th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Maybe they were beaten up badly from NDSU? WTF? SIU played them tough and the game was at SDSU.

I can't figure that one out.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I don't see this as much of a surprise. SIU is extremely solid. SDSU is in big trouble...

MTfan4life
October 5th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Both are true. Southern Illinois is a legitimate power, but SDSU may be a little overrated as well.

Houndawg
October 5th, 2013, 05:25 PM
SIU has been missing two or more o line starters in every game but the first week.

smilo
October 5th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I'm dumbfounded. I think it's a little of both. Of course, SIU is a decent team. I think they really have to be better than their record for sure. We kind of knew that going in. They played Illinois tough (which led me to believe Illinois was not good until some followup games) and their other two losses are to likely playoff teams. Still, they lost those games, and those were at home!! This road victory against a really top team (or so we thought) should say something else.

Clearly South Dakota St. is having some problems though. I'm not familiar enough with them to know if it's related to last week's game. The offense is just not elite. They had one legitimately long drive that resulted in a touchdown against SIU. I don't have a ton of confidence in them going forward. All they've done is beat two mediocre teams by one score. They have no room for error the rest of the year. And they have UNI at home and Youngstown St. on the road. Barely in my top 15 still.

Houndawg
October 5th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I'm dumbfounded. I think it's a little of both. Of course, SIU is a decent team. I think they really have to be better than their record for sure. We kind of knew that going in. They played Illinois tough (which led me to believe Illinois was not good until some followup games) and their other two losses are to likely playoff teams. Still, they lost those games, and those were at home!! This road victory against a really top team (or so we thought) should say something else.

Clearly South Dakota St. is having some problems though. I'm not familiar enough with them to know if it's related to last week's game. The offense is just not elite. They had one legitimately long drive that resulted in a touchdown against SIU. I don't have a ton of confidence in them going forward. All they've done is beat two mediocre teams by one score. They have no room for error the rest of the year. And they have UNI at home and Youngstown St. on the road. Barely in my top 15 still.

The losses to YSU and EIU were by 1 point and by 3 points in 2OT. Losses at home, and you are what your record says you are, but SIU can play with the top teams and nobody in FCS has a tougher schedule this year. That said it sure would be nice to have our starting o line back for next week @ UNI and the following week vs NDSU.

mmiller_34
October 5th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Both.

SIU is pretty good. Faulkner is much improved!

SDSU has a record setting QB but doesn't use him unless it's 3rd down or were behind 10 points. Most predictable offense ever. Coaches need to figure it out.

SDSU is what Youngstown State was last year I'm afraid.

JSUBison
October 5th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I think SIU has played well this season so far, but I haven't actually seen them play. I was kind of down on SDSU after their SE LA game, I thought they might not be as good as last year. SDSU still has UNI and YSU, the Jacks are looking like they may miss the playoffs.

PantherRob82
October 5th, 2013, 05:48 PM
We will learn more about SIU next week. Hopefully we aren't too banged up.

Houndawg
October 5th, 2013, 05:49 PM
I think SIU has played well this season so far, but I haven't actually seen them play. I was kind of down on SDSU after their SE LA game, I thought they might not be as good as last year. SDSU still has UNI and YSU, the Jacks are looking like they may miss the playoffs.

They probably had some letdown after their rivalry game last week.

Houndawg
October 5th, 2013, 05:51 PM

UNI by 10+. Could be closer if we finally get our starting o line back.

Twentysix
October 5th, 2013, 06:10 PM
SIU is way better than their record, SDSU is probably a little high still.

SIU is around #10, maybe 11 or 12~ SDSU probably 15~

Houndawg
October 5th, 2013, 06:15 PM

Our play calling is about 150

underdawg
October 5th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Did I read on a board that Johnson is banged up?

underdawg
October 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM
WTF! did Mark Farley really break his leg???? How did that happen?

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Jake did..ugly.

DJ will likely be okay with a weeks rest

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

ValleyTalk
October 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM

I hope to God YSU is ahead of both of them if that is the case at 5-1.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Jake did..ugly.

DJ will likely be okay with a weeks rest

What was Carnes' problem? He seemed like he couldn't wait to get tackled and get the play over most of the game.

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Don't think he is 100 percent...he was knocked out cold last week

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Both.

SIU is pretty good. Faulkner is much improved!

SDSU has a record setting QB but doesn't use him unless it's 3rd down or were behind 10 points. Most predictable offense ever. Coaches need to figure it out.

SDSU is what Youngstown State was last year I'm afraid.

Sounds like meither team played their best and I think the lousy field may have contributed to that. SIU got a couple of lucky non calls it sounded like, at least our announcers were very surprised we didn't get PI a couple of times. The feeble-minded half-wits the MVC calls refs probably figured they owed us after the YSU game where they flagged the birds five times and picked up four of them.

Going into the season it looked like the Jacks had a very favorable home schedule and were set up to strongly contest for the title.

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2013, 08:58 AM
The Valley is already shaking up to be a tough conference to win, just like always.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2013, 09:18 AM

UNI wins at home by 2 TDs over SIU.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 09:35 AM
SDSU is not good. SIU is better than people think, but the Bunnies are not real good.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 09:36 AM
SDSU is not good. SIU is better than people think, but the Bunnies are not real good.

Like the Bison we were missing two starters on the o line.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 09:37 AM
UNI wins at home by 2 TDs over SIU.

At least 2 TDs. SIU doesn't belong on the same field as UNI or NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2013, 09:39 AM

I don't agree with this. Sumner is going to break all of their passing records and ZZ is a very good RB. For some reason they do not put it all together. Maybe it is their OC and his play calling??

But SDSU is needing to win out to make the playoffs. UNI is at home for them but they better get it together if they want a W in that game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2013, 09:40 AM
At least 2 TDs. SIU doesn't belong on the same field as UNI or NDSU.

Cry me a river.

It is called opinion. UNI is a very good team. They are losing Farley but still have a very good defensive unit. Ya, UNI wins by 2 TDs!!!

ValleyTalk
October 6th, 2013, 09:44 AM
SDSU isn't that good is right. I watched the 4th quarter and I was not real impressed with them. Of course they own YSU and will probably beat us to end the season (hopefully I am wrong), but we should be ranked ahead of them, but God knows we won't.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Cry me a river.

It is called opinion. UNI is a very good team. They are losing Farley but still have a very good defensive unit. Ya, UNI wins by 2 TDs!!!

I'll be over the moon if we keep it that close for either of the next two games

TennBison
October 6th, 2013, 10:04 AM
SDSU isn't that good is right. I watched the 4th quarter and I was not real impressed with them. Of course they own YSU and will probably beat us to end the season (hopefully I am wrong), but we should be ranked ahead of them, but God knows we won't.
And based on your own statement how and why should you be ranked ahead of them in any poll.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 11:23 AM
And based on your own statement how and why should you be ranked ahead of them in any poll.

hmmmm...good question.

ValleyTalk
October 6th, 2013, 12:14 PM
5-1 record vs. a 3-3 record. Based on what HAS happened, we have done more than them up to this point. No voter should cast their poll based on what they THINK will happen.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 02:44 PM
5-1 record vs. a 3-3 record. Based on what HAS happened, we have done more than them up to this point. No voter should cast their poll based on what they THINK will happen.

YSU/SDSU should be a good game, the teams are at about the same level

penguinpower
October 6th, 2013, 04:04 PM
YSU/SDSU should be a good game, the teams are at about the same level

I would say that all three teams are at about the same level

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 04:15 PM
I would say that all three teams are at about the same level

yes, it looks that way right now. A lot depends on who gets who at what part of the schedule.. injuries, bye week, etc...

h5322rsh
October 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM
hmmmm...good question. After this week, I don't expect SDSU to be rated ahead of YSU. We have lost three in a row. We don't deserve to be rated and in fact the pundits got it wrong in the preseason and polls after week 1. SELA is a good club, and YSU would have problems with them.

clenz
October 6th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Had SDSU played YSUs schedule so far they'd be 5-1 ranked in the top 4....

Had YSU played SDSUs schedule they'd be 3-3 trying to justify to all of us how they've played a killer schedule and should still be highly ranked, probably a head of SDSU because of SOS

RabidRabbit
October 6th, 2013, 05:10 PM
SDSU started with a high rating pre-season because they were return a great RB, QB, and a lot of the o-line. Further, because they were returning much of the defense that had finished in the top 10 in 2012.

Half way through the schedule, the defense on the wrong side of any statistic category but turnovers. If Jacks win out they'll be 9-3, with wins over UNI and YSU, which are quality wins. If SELA does well, that too is a quality win.

Jacks can probably take one more loss, and still make the play-offs, albeit as "a last team in", but an 8 D-I win MoValley team has not missed the play-offs yet. Jacks will need to win lots on the MoValley road, because they've already lost 2 at home, and still have UNI coming in to Coughlin.

Any Given Saturday definitely applies to the Jacks. IMHO, SDSU is a play-off team. Problem is that they have dropped from a seed quality (IMHO again), to playing first round, and likely away. If they do get picked as a play-off team they will get sent to Fargo in the 2nd round, as they are the ONLY team within 250 miles of Fargo besides UND.

LehighU11
October 6th, 2013, 05:27 PM
SDSU may be a bit overrated thanks to their performance last year, but it's not easy to play at Nebraska, followed by NDSU, before a solid SIU team.

That's as good of a 2-game "gauntlet" as you'll find anywhere.

underdawg
October 6th, 2013, 05:54 PM
I don't care how down people believe Nebraska is this year--to run up that many yards against a Big Ten Team and for Zenner to run for those many yards against them--that shows me they are a pretty good FCS team.

frozennorth
October 6th, 2013, 06:46 PM
both are probably in the 15-20 range talent wise. Field was a mess from what I understand, so at that point you can throw record out the window.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 06:55 PM
both are probably in the 15-20 range talent wise. Field was a mess from what I understand, so at that point you can throw record out the window.

Yeah, watching the highlight reel there were people slipping all over the place.

penguinpower
October 6th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Had SDSU played YSUs schedule so far they'd be 5-1 ranked in the top 4....

Had YSU played SDSUs schedule they'd be 3-3 trying to justify to all of us how they've played a killer schedule and should still be highly ranked, probably a head of SDSU because of SOS

There you go with your left handed bull***** again. What is your deal? Why such hate toward YSU?

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 07:07 PM
There you go with your left handed bull***** again. What is your deal? Why such hate toward YSU?

He's still butthurt about the 4th qtr collapse and there being a new sheriff in town.

ValleyTalk
October 6th, 2013, 08:26 PM
He's still butthurt about the 4th qtr collapse and there being a new sheriff in town.
His hatred of YSU occurred long before the meltdown in Fargo. PenguinPower, just ignore him and his ego.

clenz
October 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM
What, of what I said, do you disagree with?

-Had SDSU played YSUs schedule so far they'd be 5-1 ranked in the top 4....
You disagree with this? SDSU started the season ranked something like #6. At 5-1 they most certainly wouldn't be any lower, and being #4 is likely. SDSU most certainly lays the wood to Dayon, Morehead St, Duqense, and beats InSU and probably/possibly SIU if not after NDSU/Nebraska the previous two weeks. SDSU certainly loses to MSU as well.

-Had YSU played SDSUs schedule they'd be 3-3
Is this wrong? YSU would have beaten Butler and UND...it's entirely possible that YSU would have split the SELA/SIU games, especially if you played SIU the week after you played NDSU, the week after you played Nebraska.

-trying to justify to all of us how they've played a killer schedule and should still be highly ranke
Not sure I'm 100% wrong here. "highly ranked" might be a bit of a stretch, but I count anything in the top 15 "highly ranked" at this point in the season

-probably a head of SDSU because of SOS
Yeah, I may have embellished here.

I love how YSU fans think I have a deep hatred for their program, because I don't suck the Penguin dick of accomplishments from 20 years ago, and call their program like it really is. I've gotten the same treatment from YSU fans for years on here, and every year I end up being much closer to 100% correct than the YSU fans about how the season will finish. I used to get the same treatment from Misery State fans when I told them that they were delusional, every single year, thinking they were finally going to finish top half/make a run....same exact treatment.

I'm also confused as to which hand my comment may have came from matters.

LeeshaJo
October 6th, 2013, 08:56 PM
My point of view... we have top ten talent and are playing like we don't have a clue what we are doing.

Our offense is PREDICTABLE... until we are down 10 going into the last five minutes and then we can move the ball... explain that? Could it be we need to change up our game plan from the beginning?

Our Defense is UNPREDICTABLE...as in we have moments of great play and then absolute boneheaded let downs that make no sense at all.

Special teams are heart attack educing. I just hold my breath and pray every time they are on the field.

Overall, we are not a top 25 team right now and I honestly hope the voters don't put them in. Maybe dropping out of the polls will be the kick in the ass our team needs to wake up this season as right now they seem to be in a fog.

mmiller_34
October 7th, 2013, 09:07 AM
My point of view... we have top ten talent and are playing like we don't have a clue what we are doing.

Our offense is PREDICTABLE... until we are down 10 going into the last five minutes and then we can move the ball... explain that? Could it be we need to change up our game plan from the beginning?

Our Defense is UNPREDICTABLE...as in we have moments of great play and then absolute boneheaded let downs that make no sense at all.

Special teams are heart attack educing. I just hold my breath and pray every time they are on the field.

Overall, we are not a top 25 team right now and I honestly hope the voters don't put them in. Maybe dropping out of the polls will be the kick in the ass our team needs to wake up this season as right now they seem to be in a fog.

This. We need to get a lot figured out fast.

penguinpower
October 7th, 2013, 09:25 AM
What, of what I said, do you disagree with?

-Had SDSU played YSUs schedule so far they'd be 5-1 ranked in the top 4....
You disagree with this? SDSU started the season ranked something like #6. At 5-1 they most certainly wouldn't be any lower, and being #4 is likely. SDSU most certainly lays the wood to Dayon, Morehead St, Duqense, and beats InSU and probably/possibly SIU if not after NDSU/Nebraska the previous two weeks. SDSU certainly loses to MSU as well.

-Had YSU played SDSUs schedule they'd be 3-3
Is this wrong? YSU would have beaten Butler and UND...it's entirely possible that YSU would have split the SELA/SIU games, especially if you played SIU the week after you played NDSU, the week after you played Nebraska.

-trying to justify to all of us how they've played a killer schedule and should still be highly ranke
Not sure I'm 100% wrong here. "highly ranked" might be a bit of a stretch, but I count anything in the top 15 "highly ranked" at this point in the season

-probably a head of SDSU because of SOS
Yeah, I may have embellished here.

I love how YSU fans think I have a deep hatred for their program, because I don't suck the Penguin dick of accomplishments from 20 years ago, and call their program like it really is. I've gotten the same treatment from YSU fans for years on here, and every year I end up being much closer to 100% correct than the YSU fans about how the season will finish. I used to get the same treatment from Misery State fans when I told them that they were delusional, every single year, thinking they were finally going to finish top half/make a run....same exact treatment.

I'm also confused as to which hand my comment may have came from matters.

There are only a few posters that are/were on here that think YSU should be highly ranked when most on here know where they belong. YSU is not a top 10 team. They were however, disrepsected in 2005, and 2007 and also in 2006 when they had to play JMU in the first round. They should have been in the playoffs in 2006 and 2007. One other issue that is that YSU has difficulty scheduling and so they were forced to play D2 teams for several years in order to fill the schedule. Scheudling is still a problem for YSU but it has gotten easier since the program has slipped from the top.

mmiller_34
October 7th, 2013, 09:34 AM
SDSU is what YSU was last year. YSU is what SDSU was last year.

We did the switch-a-roo; and yes, I think YSU will beat SDSU.

RowdyRabbit
October 7th, 2013, 09:51 AM
SDSU is what YSU was last year. YSU is what SDSU was last year.

We did the switch-a-roo; and yes, I think YSU will beat SDSU.

SDSU is OUT of my top 25.

Unless we get SOMETHING figured out, we'll lose to In. St. as well.

I don't even want to talk about what UNI will do to us.

As of now, 6-6 is a very real possibility.

BirdieJack
October 7th, 2013, 10:36 AM

I will agree with this(6-6 prediction) IF we lose at either Western Illinois or Missouri State. Until then I'll go with the "gauntlet" talk. Nebraska/NDSU/SIU in a row was brutal...even if the last two were at home. I'm just not ready to take the glasses off yet...we just didn't lose enough talent from last years playoff team to go 6-6...and if we do, there's no way Stig and staff should be calling the plays in a brand new stadium in 2016. There I said it...we are soooo vanilla and our special teams is an abject disaster...that IMO is on the coaches.

With the new stadium...expectations with SDSU Football will be higher...as they should've always been IMO.

Go Jacks!!

mmiller_34
October 7th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I will agree with this(6-6 prediction) IF we lose at either Western Illinois or Missouri State. Until then I'll go with the "gauntlet" talk. Nebraska/NDSU/SIU in a row was brutal...even if the last two were at home. I'm just not ready to take the glasses off yet...we just didn't lose enough talent from last years playoff team to go 6-6...and if we do, there's no way Stig and staff should be calling the plays in a brand new stadium in 2016. There I said it...we are soooo vanilla and our special teams is an abject disaster...that IMO is on the coaches.

With the new stadium...expectations with SDSU Football will be higher...as they should've always been IMO.

Go Jacks!!

Nebraksa, NDSU, and SIU all in a row is tough. BUT -- If we wanted to be an elite team this year at this point (which we're not) we would have done three things.

1. Not allow over 600 yards of offense to Nebraska.
2. Move the ball further than 124 yards against NDSU.
3. Beaten SIU on HOBO DAY

Vanilla is correct. Our offense is getting worse because everyone in the stadium knows exactly what the next play is. I have hope for this season, but it is dwindling fast.

I want to throw a theory passed some people and see what you think:

In 2011 SDSU could not run the ball or pass the ball--we were terrible. Our QB quits and Sumner comes in and starts throwing all over people; Dale Moss had a lot to do with this. Sumner, Moss, and Rollin essentially save the season we end up 5-6 but not bad considering our terrible start. Sumner wins Freshman of the Year and is glorified.

2012 starts with alot of promise and hope for Jackrabbit fans. Almost immediately we see the emergence of Zach Zenner--He is running all over people. Sumner is not throwing all over people anymore. His thumb was injured was the excuse. 2012 ends and SDSU had a very good season; Sumner had his ups and his downs same with Zenner. Aaron Rollin and Tyrel Kool our only deep threats graduate.

2013 starts with huge promise. Except something is missing our offense is NOT dynamic and our defense is poor. We piddled through our first three games at 3-0 ready for a tough three weeks; and tough it has been.

This is my theory:

I think that a big reason why Zenner had such a huge year last year (not that he isn't good--he is) is because opposing defenses when preparing for the Jacks were concerned primarily about stopping the pass (especially early in the season) Now, in 2013 opposing defense are primarily concerned with stopping Zenner. Now, without our past deep threats that we had in 2011. (Kool, Moss, and Rollin) our pass offense is extremely tame. Also, our coaches have made ZERO adjustments when faced with challenges. Zenner is going to be spent and destroyed by the end of his time here at SDSU after getting 35-40 carries a game. Stig & company need to re-examine their team and figure out how to make some adjustments. Its an embarrassment.

End Rant.

Houndawg
October 7th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Nebraksa, NDSU, and SIU all in a row is tough. BUT -- If we wanted to be an elite team this year at this point (which we're not) we would have done three things.

Vanilla is correct. Our offense is getting worse because everyone in the stadium knows exactly what the next play is. I have hope for this season, but it is dwindling fast.

In 2011 SDSU could not run the ball or pass the ball--we were terrible. Our QB quits and Sumner comes in and starts throwing all over people; Dale Moss had a lot to do with this. Sumner, Moss, and Rollin essentially save the season we end up 5-6 but not bad considering our terrible start. Sumner wins Freshman of the Year and is glorified.

2012 starts with alot of promise and hope for Jackrabbit fans. Almost immediately we see the emergence of Zach Zenner--He is running all over people. Sumner is not throwing all over people anymore. His thumb was injured was the excuse. 2012 ends and SDSU had a very good season; Sumner had his ups and his downs same with Zenner. Aaron Rollin and Tyrel Kool our only deep threats graduate.

2013 starts with huge promise. Except something is missing our offense is NOT dynamic and our defense is poor. We piddled through our first three games at 3-0 ready for a tough three weeks; and tough it has been.

This is my theory:

I think that a big reason why Zenner had such a huge year last year (not that he isn't good--he is) is because opposing defenses when preparing for the Jacks were concerned primarily about stopping the pass (especially early in the season) Now, in 2013 opposing defense are primarily concerned with stopping Zenner. Now, without our past deep threats that we had in 2011. (Kool, Moss, and Rollin) our pass offense is extremely tame. Also, our coaches have made ZERO adjustments when faced with challenges. Zenner is going to be spent and destroyed by the end of his time here at SDSU after getting 35-40 carries a game. Stig & company need to re-examine their team and figure out how to make some adjustments. Its an embarrassment.

End Rant.

I disagree that that defenses weren't playing SDSU with a stop Zenner first attitude last year. Possibly for the first game or two but everybody knew who he was last year.

Houndawg
October 7th, 2013, 11:17 AM

I think thats a little harsh. SIU isn't what they were under Jerry Kill but they're still a pretty good team this year who has had their own share of bad breaks: 2OT loss to EIU on a missed fg and a missed xp against YSU and a one score loss to Illinois. Throw in the horrible field in Brookings and a couple of poor non-calls that went against you and I think its a little early to declare the Jacks dead. When we played YSU the refs picked up their flags at least four times and YSU only had one penalty called on them the whole game so I'm going to count the breaks from the refs as karma we were due. Actually the Jacks were the first team this year, including Illinois, to hold us under 400 yds of offense.

Houndawg
October 7th, 2013, 11:22 AM

Go Jacks!!

Zenner ran for 200 yds on Nebraska and 120 on SIU, that isn't too bad for vanilla.

LeeshaJo
October 7th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I think the reason you are hearing the Jacks Fans be most upset is...

1. we are fans and want to win every week.
2. we honestly feel like we have the talent to win every week.
3. we keep seeing the same thing over and over every week in terms of play calling, def execution, special teams ect. The goal of a season is to improve, they seem to be treading water.
4. Because we as fans watch them every week we are starting to see the trends and they don't look positive. For fans of opposing teams who (most I would guess) are not watching the games from kick-off to final play, are not seeing all the issues the way we are...
and
5. we are fans WE want to win every game....

In my earlier post I forgot to say SIU played a good game. My rant had nothing to do with how your team played and wasn't meant to take away anything from your win. It had everything to do with 1-5... repeat, just like our offensive play calling... ;)

Daved
October 7th, 2013, 03:01 PM
He's still butthurt about the 4th qtr collapse and there being a new sheriff in town.Exactly--plus add in last years defeat by YSU(in which YSU cheated) and he truly believes that the entire focus of YSU's season is on beating UNI.I will give Clenz his props he is extremely knowledgeable but he will never admit that any team in FCS beats UNI fair and square and he will never say anything good about YSU which is fine with me--now that there is a new sheriff I think he realizes that the only way "Team Choke" can win a NC is if by some miracle they would have to play YSU for the title.

Houndawg
October 7th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I think the reason you are hearing the Jacks Fans be most upset is...

1. we are fans and want to win every week.
2. we honestly feel like we have the talent to win every week.
3. we keep seeing the same thing over and over every week in terms of play calling, def execution, special teams ect. The goal of a season is to improve, they seem to be treading water.
4. Because we as fans watch them every week we are starting to see the trends and they don't look positive. For fans of opposing teams who (most I would guess) are not watching the games from kick-off to final play, are not seeing all the issues the way we are...
and
5. we are fans WE want to win every game....

In my earlier post I forgot to say SIU played a good game. My rant had nothing to do with how your team played and wasn't meant to take away anything from your win. It had everything to do with 1-5... repeat, just like our offensive play calling... ;)

SIU played well enough to win with a few breaks from the refs but we gave up a pick six too. I think the field made both teams look worse than they are. The one thing that helped usmost, imo, was that Malcom Agnew seemed like the only guy on the field that was getting good traction.

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
SIU played well enough to win with a few breaks from the refs but we gave up a pick six too. I think the field made both teams look worse than they are. The one thing that helped usmost, imo, was that Malcom Agnew seemed like the only guy on the field that was getting good traction.
Agnew is a mudder. He had a good game at Busch against SEMO in similar conditions.

Houndawg
October 8th, 2013, 01:39 PM

This is my theory:

End Rant.

That is tough, but so is YSU, @SDSU, @UNI, NDSUxcoffeex