PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 Lines - Week 6

superman7515
October 2nd, 2013, 10:26 PM
This weeks lines, home team always listed first...

#1 North Dakota State -9 1/2
vs #3 Northern Iowa

#2 Towson -19 1/2
vs New Hampshire

#6 Eastern Washington -30
vs Weber State

#7 Fordham -10
vs #21 Lehigh

#9 Montana State -6 1/2
vs #14 Northern Arizona

#10 South Dakota State -3
vs Southern Illinois

#11 Cal Poly -20
vs Yale

#12 Maine -10
vs #25 Delaware

#13 Montana -3
vs Portland State

Indiana State +2 1/2
vs #15 Youngstown State

#16 Tennessee-Martin -13 1/2
vs Jacksonville State

#19 Central Arkansas -4
vs #17 McNeese State

#18 Villanova -7
vs #23 William & Mary

#20 Wofford -26
vs Presbyterian

Charlotte +12
vs #22 Gardner-Webb

Delaware State +20
vs #24 Bethune-Cookman

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2013, 10:49 PM
.- Yale will hang with Cal Poly
- Obviously biased but Lehigh covers
- Maine vs UD will be a tight low scoring slugfest
- The Griz come out angry

gotts
October 2nd, 2013, 11:41 PM
I got Montana covering, Youngstown covering, Bethune-Cookman covering, and I'll take SIU straight up, I think they're getting SDSU at an ideal time coming off of two tough games, possibly a little beat up.

fmrbearkat
October 3rd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Just because that UNI poster got so rude with me for no apparent reason and i think NDSU is looking for another defensive statement against a better oppenent i would honestly take NDSU giving those points. I was kinda shocked they didn't score too many points against what looked to be a pourous SDSU team when i saw them. To hold SDSU and Zenner to that kind of yardage is straight up AMAZING!!! UNI better be able to throw the ball some or they wont get past the 50 more than once or twice. And no "rude UNI poster" im not saying this because its UNI. I would probably be saying this if we were playing them too. They look to be on a another level right now!

Fordham
October 3rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
Surprised at the double digit Fordham-Lehigh spread.

(I thought it would be more!!! <kidding>)

... seriously, thought we'd get the 3 point home field advantage in an otherwise pick 'em game

RabidRabbit
October 3rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
I'm surprised that SDSU only gets the 3 point home advantage. Jacks will reestablish the LOS on both sides, and Zenner will be 150+ yds with two plays of >30 yds.

It's Hobo Day, Jacks are healthy and mad, playing to a SRO crowd, and likely lousy weather conditions. Sounds like recipe for the meanest team to win, and other than NDSU, Jacks will be that team.

Surprised that the Bison are favored by over a TD. If Bison cover, there is not a team in the FCS that will be able to run on the Bison, and to quote an UNI fan "the (insert opponent's name) is one dimensional".

ngineer
October 3rd, 2013, 07:50 AM
Surprised at the double digit Fordham-Lehigh spread.

(I thought it would be more!!! <kidding>)

... seriously, thought we'd get the 3 point home field advantage in an otherwise pick 'em game

Yes, I'll take the 10!

Daved
October 3rd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Just because that UNI poster got so rude with me for no apparent reason and i think NDSU is looking for another defensive statement against a better oppenent i would honestly take NDSU giving those points. I was kinda shocked they didn't score too many points against what looked to be a pourous SDSU team when i saw them. To hold SDSU and Zenner to that kind of yardage is straight up AMAZING!!! UNI better be able to throw the ball some or they wont get past the 50 more than once or twice. And no "rude UNI poster" im not saying this because its UNI. I would probably be saying this if we were playing them too. They look to be on a another level right now!Agree--holding SDSU to that kind of yardage was AMAZING--and UNI with Kollmorgon is VERY capable of throwing the ball.

superman7515
October 3rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
I'm surprised that SDSU only gets the 3 point home advantage. Jacks will reestablish the LOS on both sides, and Zenner will be 150+ yds with two plays of >30 yds.

I would take that with a grain of salt. The old addage is that the home team gets 3, but if you ever have the opportunity to spend some time with the guys who do the handicapping, they will tell you they in no way attempt to predict who will win the game or what the actual margin of victory will be. They merely try to predict what will give them the most play and the best opportunity to make money, which is why lines move even without injuries or evidence that the coach suffered a debilitating brain injury. They're probably counting on laypeople looking at last week's box score and laying money on the Salukis.

DoubleH
October 3rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
Where did you get these lines?

Tribal
October 3rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
20 points to push for Towson? When did UNH announce their first string defense was suspended for the TU game.

Sure, UNH's defense has struggled a bit but CAA teams rarely beat upper-tier CAA teams by 20.

The McNeese and Delaware lines seem off, too.

DoubleH
October 3rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
20 points to push for Towson? When did UNH announce their first string defense was suspended for the TU game.

Sure, UNH's defense has struggled a bit but CAA teams rarely beat upper-tier CAA teams by 20.

Please see Towson 64, @ UNH 35, circa 2012, for more information. xsmugx

UNIFanSince1983
October 3rd, 2013, 10:06 AM

It's Hobo Day, Jacks are healthy and mad, playing to a SRO crowd, and likely lousy weather conditions. Sounds like recipe for the meanest team to win, and other than NDSU, Jacks will be that team.

Surprised that the Bison are favored by over a TD. If Bison cover, there is not a team in the FCS that will be able to run on the Bison, and to quote an UNI fan "the (insert opponent's name) is one dimensional".

The one dimensional quotes from UNI fans aren't based on just the NDSU game. It turns out most of the time NDSU will turn teams one dimensional. You may have a chance if you have a passing game. As it turns out SDSU does not. If you shut down Zenner you will more than likely be able to beat the Rabbits because they are not a balanced offense. We have a better shot against NDSU because we are not reliant on the fact that David Johnson has to have a ton of rushing yards for us to win. It certainly helps, but Kollmorgen and our receivers are very very good as well. This was shown against McNeese. Johnson was under 100 yards for the first time in 9 games. Kollmorgen stepped up along with receiver Kevin Vereen. It was a great passing performance. Granted that is not the type of defense we will see this weekend. I really would probably put money on NDSU to cover that spread at home.

HensRock
October 3rd, 2013, 10:23 AM

Agree about McNeese, but the UD/Maine line is right on IMHO.

clenz
October 3rd, 2013, 10:54 AM
The one dimensional quotes from UNI fans aren't based on just the NDSU game. It turns out most of the time NDSU will turn teams one dimensional. You may have a chance if you have a passing game. As it turns out SDSU does not. If you shut down Zenner you will more than likely be able to beat the Rabbits because they are not a balanced offense. We have a better shot against NDSU because we are not reliant on the fact that David Johnson has to have a ton of rushing yards for us to win. It certainly helps, but Kollmorgen and our receivers are very very good as well. This was shown against McNeese. Johnson was under 100 yards for the first time in 9 games. Kollmorgen stepped up along with receiver Kevin Vereen. It was a great passing performance. Granted that is not the type of defense we will see this weekend. I really would probably put money on NDSU to cover that spread at home.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SDSU fans are about to invade this thread and tell us that SDSU isn't completely reliant on Zenner for 90% of their offense

Nevermind the fact that this season Zenner has

66 of the 145 points scored by SDSU and without the NDSU game Zenner is putting up 215 yards per game of total offense (185 rushing and 30 recieving) and even now is averaging 179 yards per game....meanwhile their QB is at 201 yards per game.

Last season Zenner was at 172ish yards per game...Sumner was at 184

Tribal
October 3rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
Please see Towson 64, @ UNH 35, circa 2012, for more information. xsmugx

I said rarely and your gaggle of UMD transfers must have graduated by now, no? :eek: Do you think you'll beat the Cats by 20?

Tribal
October 3rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Agree about McNeese, but the UD/Maine line is right on IMHO.

I respect your humble opinion but UD is on track...believe they found their way during the JMU game and will play better as the season progresses. QB just needs to protect the ball.

DoubleH
October 3rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
I said rarely and your gaggle of UMD transfers must have graduated by now, no? :eek: Do you think you'll beat the Cats by 20?

I don't think we have a single UMD transfer on our roster. Last year there were 1 or 2 I believe, and no contributors. That exodus of talent from College Park mostly didn't end up in Towson.

20 is a big number, but UNH will not run the ball on us like they have their last few opponents. I think 17-21 points will be the top end of what they will be able to put on the board on offense. So, can we score 40+? Yes.

I'll go out on a limb and say Towson covers, 42-20.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
#19 Central Arkansas -4
vs #17 McNeese State

So home field advantage for UCA and you have last years result... interesting.

KUlawJack
October 3rd, 2013, 03:22 PM
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SDSU fans are about to invade this thread and tell us that SDSU isn't completely reliant on Zenner for 90% of their offense

Nevermind the fact that this season Zenner has

66 of the 145 points scored by SDSU and without the NDSU game Zenner is putting up 215 yards per game of total offense (185 rushing and 30 recieving) and even now is averaging 179 yards per game....meanwhile their QB is at 201 yards per game.

Last season Zenner was at 172ish yards per game...Sumner was at 184

If you're going to use math, use it then. I think you need to learn fractions again.

Previously, you claimed Sumner has never beaten anyone through the air, and can't, and quoted two games from last year (SIU and YSU) as proof even though its not even remotely accurate. Because he did that. Earlier this season, you claimed that ZZ was overrated and offered the YSU game as example when he went for 88 yards on 17 carries, but then claim that 86 for DJ this last week was just because you could air it out and beat someone. That is exactly what happened between SDSU and YSU last year. Sumner had better numbers in that game then Kollmorgen did last week. If you're going to support an argument, be accurate and don't constantly contradict yourself. Don't make **** up.

EDIT: As the actual games, NDSU by 10; SDSU by 10.

WrenFGun
October 3rd, 2013, 04:22 PM
I don't think we have a single UMD transfer on our roster. Last year there were 1 or 2 I believe, and no contributors. That exodus of talent from College Park mostly didn't end up in Towson.

20 is a big number, but UNH will not run the ball on us like they have their last few opponents. I think 17-21 points will be the top end of what they will be able to put on the board on offense. So, can we score 40+? Yes.

I'll go out on a limb and say Towson covers, 42-20.

I actually think Towson will cover (I've got them by 3 TD) .. but I think your score is pretty off. UNH scored 21 vs. CMU, 27 v. Lehigh and 53 v HC. I think they should put 24-27 up, at least, in a game where I expect Towson to score and score quickly. UNH is probably just as bad defensively as last year, and probably the same offensively, so if anything, it might be more like a 55-60 to 30-35 game, again.

UNH can run the ball, though. Vailas is effective, and Steriti is one of the best RB's in the CAA. The problem is essentially that their coordinator really doesn't adjust or do anything new, and then we wind up in a funk in the second half. It wouldn't surprise me if UNH scored 17-24 points in the first half and then O'fer'd in the second half.

They haven't done much in the second half this season.

melloware13
October 3rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
I think a good amount of the UMD transfers continued on up 95 to Newark it seemed, see Zach Kerr. But for the lines, I think the UD/UM game will be closer than 10, while I think this is the first real test of what level of good Towson is. Remember, UConn is awful this year, and their FCS wins are against teams with a combined 6 wins (not saying Towson isn't good, but this should give us a good picture of how much so).

HensRock
October 3rd, 2013, 05:54 PM
I respect your humble opinion but UD is on track...believe they found their way during the JMU game and will play better as the season progresses. QB just needs to protect the ball.

QB is not our problem - it's the defense.
Run D pretty good, but pass D is still questionable.
JMU was over-rated. Now UD is.

Maine is a solid team and it's in Orono.

Ivytalk
October 4th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Take Yale plus the points.xnodxxcoolx

DoubleH
October 4th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I actually think Towson will cover (I've got them by 3 TD) .. but I think your score is pretty off. UNH scored 21 vs. CMU, 27 v. Lehigh and 53 v HC. I think they should put 24-27 up, at least, in a game where I expect Towson to score and score quickly. UNH is probably just as bad defensively as last year, and probably the same offensively, so if anything, it might be more like a 55-60 to 30-35 game, again.

UNH can run the ball, though. Vailas is effective, and Steriti is one of the best RB's in the CAA. The problem is essentially that their coordinator really doesn't adjust or do anything new, and then we wind up in a funk in the second half. It wouldn't surprise me if UNH scored 17-24 points in the first half and then O'fer'd in the second half.

They haven't done much in the second half this season.

Perhaps, but here, in a nutshell, is my analysis of outside perception of Towson: people overrate our offense, and underrate our defense. I think you might be very surprised at how good our D is.

Can't wait till kickoff.

DoubleH
October 4th, 2013, 04:49 PM
I think a good amount of the UMD transfers continued on up 95 to Newark it seemed, see Zach Kerr. But for the lines, I think the UD/UM game will be closer than 10, while I think this is the first real test of what level of good Towson is. Remember, UConn is awful this year, and their FCS wins are against teams with a combined 6 wins (not saying Towson isn't good, but this should give us a good picture of how much so).

I agree with everything in this post.

malibudude
October 5th, 2013, 02:33 AM
I think Yale will cover.

jacksfan29
October 5th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Not sure why you even try. UNI fans are living in a world where they think an offensive performance against McNeese is relevant. Pretty sure that what you will see in Fargo today will wake up a lot of folks who still believe that anyone is going to stop NDSU on their way to a third title. Bison will move then cover. The only reason you have some questioning the SDSU offense is that to date, we are the only MVFC squad to have faced the Bison D. UNI is about to be exposed, this is not 1999 and it is not the old Gateway.

If you're going to use math, use it then. I think you need to learn fractions again
Previously, you claimed Sumner has never beaten anyone through the air, and can't, and quoted two games from last year (SIU and YSU) as proof even though its not even remotely accurate. Because he did that. Earlier this season, you claimed that ZZ was overrated and offered the YSU game as example when he went for 88 yards on 17 carries, but then claim that 86 for DJ this last week was just because you could air it out and beat someone. That is exactly what happened between SDSU and YSU last year. Sumner had better numbers in that game then Kollmorgen did last week. If you're going to support an argument, be accurate and don't constantly contradict yourself. Don't make **** up.

EDIT: As the actual games, NDSU by 10; SDSU by 10.