PDA

View Full Version : UNH @ Delaware Game Thread (NON-SMACK!)

UNHWildCats
September 28th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Ok lets keep this civilized and purely focus on the game, anyone smacks here and imma send the Gay Mafia for ya.

Durham – In an offense that flashes the spotlight on anyone able to catch or run with the football, Sean Lynch has managed to stay in the shadows during his first three years at the University of New Hampshire.

The Salem native has been the team’s equivalent of the fifth Beatle, someone known only within the inner circle.

This is finally his year to shine.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Jim+Fennell%3a+Salem+kid%e2% 80%99s+a+catch&articleId=e1daab91-5859-4e4b-bdcc-dc8c5267ff94

MR. CHICKEN
September 28th, 2006, 07:55 PM
HEY ELTON....YOUSE GUYS...USE DUH TIGHT-END?......SNEAKY....VERAH SNEAKY...:rolleyes:...AWK!

ngineer
September 28th, 2006, 08:45 PM
This is one game that will either be a thrilling Delaware upset in a down to the wire finish, or a major blowout for UNH. I think most teams really look forward to coming into "The Tub" and making some noise. Usually, most teams aren't equiped to do it; but this time, the Wildcats will be focused to send a message that there is a 'new king' of the jungle. UD may keep this interesting for awhile, but I sense a convincing UNH win. 35-14.

RadMann
September 28th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I hope this stays civil. UNH fans are great folks from my observation. Below are articles/info on the upcoming game:

Media Notes from UNH:
http://epic.unh.edu/unhwildcats/media/football/FBgamenotes/Delaware%20Game%20notes.pdf

UD Game Notes:
http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/football/fbnotes06-unh.pdf

UD must step up offense vs. UNH (News Journal):
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060928/SPORTS07/609280369/1002

No. 1 New Hampshire visits The Tub Saturday (UD daily):
http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2007/sep/unh092706.html

Jim Fennell: Salem kid’s a catch (Union Leader):
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Jim+Fennell%3A+Salem+kid%E2% 80%99s+a+catch&articleId=e1daab91-5859-4e4b-bdcc-dc8c5267ff94

blukeys
September 28th, 2006, 10:38 PM
This is one game that will either be a thrilling Delaware upset in a down to the wire finish, or a major blowout for UNH. I think most teams really look forward to coming into "The Tub" and making some noise. Usually, most teams aren't equiped to do it; but this time, the Wildcats will be focused to send a message that there is a 'new king' of the jungle. UD may keep this interesting for awhile, but I sense a convincing UNH win. 35-14.

I sit on the visitors side and after many years I have to agree with you that many visitors bring a ton of emotional energy into games at Delaware. Some years ago I met a former UNH player who talked about how much the team looked forward to playing at Delaware and how much fun the practices were during Delaware week.

I have no clue how this game will turn out. This is a Delaware team that after 3 games is still a mystery. There is some real talent in the skill positions in guys like Omar Cuff, Aaron Love and Ben Patrick. But so far the necessary work of pulling this all together has lagged significantly.

Very few of us got to see the game at Rhody so I have very little to go on regarding last week.

If the offense does not show significant improvement, you are right this could be ugly. If the puzzle pieces start to fall in place then the game could be interesting.

Maroon&White
September 28th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Hopefully UD people don't derail this thread....

UD by 4 pts.

RadMann
September 28th, 2006, 10:58 PM
oh jeez, here we go again...... ;)

rcny46
September 28th, 2006, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=RadMann]I hope this stays civil. UNH fans are great folks from my observation.

That's true,except for that troublemaker who tried to get away with comparing UD with Chadron State the other day.Now,that was a low blow. :D

UNH 40
September 29th, 2006, 07:20 AM
The UNH defense will solidify itself as one of the best around in this one. They are one of the fastest defensive units that I can remember seeing. Remember in three games the first defensive unit has only surrendered 31 points. If they can keep that up it will get ugly. UD's only chance is to put a lot of points on the board and I do not see it happening. UNH has to many weapons to be stopped on O. UNH 42 Delaware 17. Go CATS!!!!!!!!!!:nod: :hurray: :nod: xsmileyclapx

bluehenbillk
September 29th, 2006, 07:30 AM
UD's strength on defense is their secondary, they are extremely fast & have some hard hitters, i.e Garrett Schultz. If UNH is gonna rack up big yards against UD I guess it'd be on the ground, as UD's D-line is all banged up.

This is Keeler's chance to shine on Saturday, they have to show creativity on offense that has been missing for the most part so far this year.

UD's special teams have to dominate the Wildcats to help pull off an upset.

UNH 40
September 29th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Great article about how Ricky Santos and the Wildcats started their run as a top level team and sprung Santos to stardom.

http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=College+football%3a+Santos+r eturns+to+where+it+started&articleId=42016cb8-ca91-4aa1-b2c6-5f5a658bc59d

LacesOut
September 29th, 2006, 07:37 AM
UD obviously has to play a perfect game (ball control, no turnovers or critical drive killing penalties) and have UNH play a terrible game to pull the upset.

I just still see UNH dominating at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and therefore dominating the game, with the run and pass and their D.

And I don't think it really matters what UD's offense can do or not do, because I don't see them matching score for score with UNH.

BTW, this will be my first UD game in about two years. Ya don't get many chances to see a team like UNH in person.

SunCoastBlueHen
September 29th, 2006, 07:45 AM
UD fans are hoping (maybe beyond hope) that we have an imaginative, less predictable offensive game plan buried in the playbook that we have yet to see. There better be, because the Hen's only chance in this game is to score with the Wildcats, get a turnover or two and have something special happen on special teams. That being said, UNH is obviously the decided favorite and should win easily unless we see a different looking Delaware team on the field Saturday night. Stranger things have happened....

89Hen
September 29th, 2006, 07:50 AM
And I'll be there in my yellow shirt SunCoast. :D

SunCoastBlueHen
September 29th, 2006, 07:56 AM
And I'll be there in my yellow shirt SunCoast. :D

xlolx :bow: :bow: :bow: xlolx

bluehenbillk
September 29th, 2006, 08:02 AM
UD obviously has to play a perfect game (ball control, no turnovers or critical drive killing penalties) and have UNH play a terrible game to pull the upset.

Smack alert

Blue Hen Nation
September 29th, 2006, 08:36 AM
I'm through predicting what might happen, but can tell you I'm completely pumped for an afternoon/evening of friends, food, football and libations.

Go Hens! :hurray:

LacesOut
September 29th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Smack alert

Huh???????????????????????????

ChickenMan
September 29th, 2006, 09:05 AM
UD will have to show a lot more ability... on both sides of the ball... than I've yet seen displayed if they are to remain competitive with UNH. So far this season the Hen's offense has been very modest... far below normal UD standards and the Hen's defense... which is statistically pretty good... hasn't yet face faced a real test. West Chester... Albany St and URI were all below average offensively and hardly remind anyone of UNH. Under normal circumstances there could always be the 'overconfidence' factor... but I don't think that there is much hope of UNH coming into a televised game at Delaware Stadium overconfident or not properly prepared to play.

I have seen a number of UD teams in the past dramatically rise their level of play vs a high quality opponent... but I just haven't seen any evidence yet displayed that this UD squad is capable of performing such a feat.

I hope the Hens prove me wrong.

Maroon&White
September 29th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Huh???????????????????????????

You didn't call UD the best team in college football and admit how they will blow out UNH even with a bad performance. :rolleyes:

Talk about sensitive fans...

bluehenbillk
September 29th, 2006, 09:28 AM
One team has to play "perfect" & the other team "terrible"??? Please.

LacesOut
September 29th, 2006, 09:33 AM
I still don't understand what you guys are saying to me.

For UD to win, they have to play perfect and have UNH play horrible/terrible/have an off night, whatever ya wanna call it.

That's smack and insensitive??!!

Blue Hen Nation
September 29th, 2006, 09:37 AM
I didn't perceive it as smack.

LacesOut
September 29th, 2006, 09:39 AM
You didn't call UD the best team in college football and admit how they will blow out UNH even with a bad performance. :rolleyes:

Talk about sensitive fans...

I have no idea what this means.

Do you know which team I am a fan of and alum of by my posts on here?

89Hen
September 29th, 2006, 09:45 AM
I have no idea what this means.
MORE smack! :nono: You need to stop Laces. :nonono2:

LacesOut
September 29th, 2006, 09:47 AM
MORE smack! :nono: You need to stop Laces. :nonono2:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with you people?

Ok I'm done. Have Ralph ban me from AGS.

89Hen
September 29th, 2006, 09:51 AM
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

He may need to after this tirade. You used to be such a level-headed poster, I don't know what happened. : smh :

UD1993
September 29th, 2006, 10:39 AM
What did Laces Out say that was seen as smack? He was giving an honest opinion of what he thinks needs to happen for the Hens to win. Some may agree and some may not.

Anyway, it will be a great day for a game. I am looking forward to an afternoon of tailgating and an enjoyable (I hope) game.

31-30 Hens in OT. (Won on a UNH missed PAT. Gotta get creative here.)

89Hen
September 29th, 2006, 10:50 AM
What did Laces Out say that was seen as smack? He was giving an honest opinion of what he thinks needs to happen for the Hens to win. Some may agree and some may not.

Anyway, it will be a great day for a game. I am looking forward to an afternoon of tailgating and an enjoyable (I hope) game.

31-30 Hens in OT. (Won on a UNH missed PAT. Gotta get creative here.)
Another one. Look, this is the discussion board. If you must smack, take it to the smack board. :confused: : smh :

Blue Hen Nation
September 29th, 2006, 10:53 AM
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe he's having a little fun with you. xlolx

89Hen
September 29th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I believe he's having a little fun with you. xlolx
Ix-nay on the un-fay. :smiley_wi

pksundevil
September 29th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Ix-nay on the un-fay. :smiley_wi

OK, count me as yet another person who has seen no smack, and I thought you must have just been having fun, because your posts made no sense. But apparently not...

GO HENS!

P.S. This may turn into the longest Game Thread without the game even having kicked off. So I'll turn it into a game thread. The next play is critical with such a loud stadium- can the returner focus with all the crowd noise?

RadMann
September 29th, 2006, 12:15 PM
:bawling: :bawling:

I think that is how I'm gonna feel after this game.....

Blue Hen Nation
September 29th, 2006, 12:19 PM
:bawling: :bawling:

I think that is how I'm gonna feel after this game.....

I'm reaching deep to find confidence in this team, but reality keeps smacking me in the face. Judging by our first three games, I just don't know how we'll pull off a win.

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2006, 01:23 PM
WE ARE JES' TO YOUNG.......ON THE DEFENSIVE LINE.......LINEBACKERS......FAIR.....D-BACKS.......IMPROVED.......NO WAY FRESHMEN & SOPHMORE D-TACKLES & D-ENDS...CAN MAN-HANDLE JR. & SR.....OFFENSIVE LINEMAN............SANTOS WILL BE UH SURGEON.....BALL GETS DUH RECORD........RUNNIN' BACKS WILL CUT LIKE......UH HOT KNIFE THRU OLEO!..........TOO MANY INJURIES.....AN' EVEN IFIN' WE HAD OURAH GOOD GROUP O' HENS..........IT MIGHT NOT BE CLOSE.....: smh :....BRAWK!

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 29th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Actually UNH has 3 Sophomore first year starters on the O-Line.

Along with a JR and SR

They've played well so far but going into conference play may be
the biggest question mark on the team.

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2006, 02:10 PM
YA'LL BEAT UH BIG 10 TEAM.....ALBEIT.......NORFFWESTERN......WE LOST TA UH 8 SCHOLLY PROGRAM...........WHO MAYBEAH EVERAH BIT AS TALENTED AS YA'LL....('CEPT...BALL & SANTOS).......WE'RE DOWN TA SECOND & THIRD LEVEL....AN' IN SOME CASES....TRUE FROSH........DAT IS DUH FORMULA.......FO'.....W=UNH......:nod:.....BRAWK!

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 29th, 2006, 02:25 PM
If UNH takes care of the football they should take care of business.

In there last 2 losses it was turnovers that killed them.

I am looking forward to my 1st trip down there.

BlueHenBoy
September 29th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Most people fear there first trip down here(fresh meat):D hehehe! Bring an umbrella to repel objects thrown at you...just kidding, but don't be that guy that pisses off all the home fans just because your team won in Delaware stadium where a couple of students were talking smack on your team before the game. I HATE THOSE PEOPLE.:nonono2:

Henny
September 30th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Quite frankly Im tired of hearing about Rickey and David Ball .....etc and you better belive the UD players are too.

I know all about how good of a team UNH has but its time to show everyone who is still the kings of 1-AA football in the Northeast despite the poor performance against Albany.

As far as Im concerned this game is about UD, the improvement we are making with a new QB and turning the corner to make a playoff run.

Oh by the way, welcome to Delaware, UNH - Where pride still matters.

UNHWildCats
September 30th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Quite frankly Im tired of hearing about Rickey and David Ball .....etc and you better belive the UD players are too.

I know all about how good of a team UNH has but its time to show everyone who is still the kings of 1-AA football in the Northeast despite the poor performance against Albany.

As far as Im concerned this game is about UD, the improvement we are making with a new QB and turning the corner to make a playoff run.

Oh by the way, welcome to Delaware, UNH - Where pride still matters.

xidiotx

Sam Adams
September 30th, 2006, 07:55 AM
First of all I wonder who is teaching geography down there at UD cuz Delaware is not in the northeast. Secondly, UNH has some stars but what really makes them tough to beat is that they have an excellent offensive line and I think that is the key here. UD's Dline is not going to be able to bang w/the UNH Oline and UNH will wear UD down by halfway through the 3rd. UD's best chance is to be lucky with the turnovers & penalties and do a great job on special teams. Otherwise UNH's Oline will run the ball right down the hens throats and if UD tries to stop that pounding by putting 7 or 8 in the box - Its Air Santos time.

UNH large and in charge at the Tub today (but I'd love to see an upset!)

If you are tired of hearing about Ball & Santos, I'm equally tired of hearing about Omar Cuff, lets see if he shows up when his team needs him today.

UNHWildCats
September 30th, 2006, 09:21 AM
UNH Football: Great Expectations
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=UNH+football%3a+Great+expect ations&articleId=16f51b75-c110-44a0-9022-ac86e9551a9a