PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating at WCU

eaglesrthe1
September 28th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Where's the best place? It's my first trip there. Any room at the stadium?

Is it a dry county? Or should I BYOB?

Eaglegus2
September 28th, 2006, 02:36 PM
The best place to meet the Eagle fans is the parking lot at the baseball field.

WCU has Mountain Days this weekend and finding a parking spot may be difficult.

If this is the first time going to Cullowhee, you are in for a surprise?

Their campus is beautiful and the mountains in the background of the stadium makes for a great atmosphere.

BTW, I am leaving in the morning for the trip to 'Whee'.

The Cats
September 28th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Where's the best place? It's my first trip there. Any room at the stadium?

Is it a dry county? Or should I BYOB?

Check out the campus map on this site. http://admissions.wcu.edu/map.html

The baseball parking lot is to the right of the football stadium and the Ramsey center. The county is not dry, but you have to buy hard stuff in a ABC store (closest one is in Sylva I think, 7 miles away).

"The Mountian Heartiage day will bring in 25+ thousand to the campaus on Saturday, so parking my be hard to find. Gameday on Western's campus, specifically on the intramural fields across from the Ramsey Center, begins with the 32nd Annual Mountain Heritage Day, which runs from 8:00 am-5:00 pm and is a combination old-fashioned mountain fair and showcase for authentic Southern Appalachian folk arts. Admission to the festival grounds is free. The festival regularly attracts more than 25,000 visitors. Rated as one of the top 200 craft events in the United States, the festival's most vital role is in linking generations and helping maintain authentic folk arts of the mountains. Western Carolina University's Mountain Heritage Center once again will provide demonstrations and exhibitions of traditional mountain crafts and skills such as woodcarving, basket making, blacksmithing, quilting, and weaving."

The Cats
September 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM
The best place to meet the Eagle fans is the parking lot at the baseball field.

WCU has Mountain Days this weekend and finding a parking spot may be difficult.

If this is the first time going to Cullowhee, you are in for a surprise?

Their campus is beautiful and the mountains in the background of the stadium makes for a great atmosphere.

BTW, I am leaving in the morning for the trip to 'Whee'.

Hope you all enjoy your trip to the "Whee", it's in a great little valley, and very beautiful. Come early and enjoy Mountain Heritage Day.

If you've never heard and seen a performance of "The Pride of the Mountains Marching Band" you are in for another real treat.