PDA

View Full Version : SOCON admits refs blew GSU/UTC game

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 03:18 PM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/sep/30/penalties-too-much-for-mocs-to-overcome/?sportscollege

Was the fix in? It certainly would appear so. The double standard of officiating in Saturdays game was confirmed by the socon. When Jacob Huesman cooked Georgia Southern's defense over the top for a 28-20 lead you couldn't help but look for a flag. Low and behold, there it was. Illegal man downfield. The Southern Conference admitted to Russ Huesman there was no illegal man downfield, while also warning him that he better keep his mouth shut about it too. Huesman said the play was legal after the game and warned that someone was gonna be fired if it was. Apparently the southern conference doesn't see calls that change the outcome of games as a firable offense. Moreover, they aren't even willing to publicly admit they were wrong.

Truth be told, Hues man is right. We beat ourselves as much as the refs beat us. However the refs aren't supposed to beat us. They arent supposed to look for penalties against one team and let the other get away with murder. The best case scenario is that they mistook a 215 pound eligible running back for a Lineman. He happened to be one yard beyond the line of scrimmage. The refs looked for anything to call on Chattanooga, they ignored text book holding by GSU for 4 quarters. They ignored personal fouls that took place throughout Georgia Southerns "game winning drive." Georgia southern held and blocked beyond the whistle and even threw a punch.

The worst part is that when this particular play was questioned Georgia Southern fans spoke an "obvious" illegal formation, and we just don't know football. Completely fabricated of course in an attempt to legitimize a result lacking in any true legitimacy at all. The slimy, white trash, lack of integrity, that is Georgia Southern football has long been epitomized in their fans. This time it was seen in the refs, and now the socon as well.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 03:22 PM
tl;dr

Smitty
September 30th, 2013, 03:23 PM
SoCon officiating is notoriously terrible. You are not the first to get screwed by them and won't be the last.

Biff
September 30th, 2013, 03:29 PM
The first thing I do on a big play for The Citadel is check for flags. I would say we have a 50% chance of success on any given play once the refs are factored in ... its the SoCon, get used to it ...

Sandlapper Spike
September 30th, 2013, 03:33 PM
SoCon officials made The Citadel's players change their jerseys before Saturday's game, even though they had already been approved by the SoCon office.

In the SoCon, it's always surprising when a game ends without a significant error having being committed by the officials.

thebootfitter
September 30th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I'm a relative newcomer here, and I have no desire to get sucked down the rabbit hole of "arguing" with chattown, but I have to point out what is obvious to so many here is self-evident to newcomers as well: Chattown is a whiny bitch.

Normally, I avoid name calling as much as possible because it serves no purpose. But sometimes, you've got to call a spade a spade.

Chattown - Even if you have a valid point (which you very well may have), get over it or do something productive about it. I don't think complaining to a bunch of fellow Internet posters counts as productive. If you can offer objective evidence that there really is a conspiracy against the Mocs, please post it in a manner that demonstrates you are being objective and not a pure homer. If you are being conspired against, I feel for you, and I agree that something should be done to address the injustice. Like most similar situations in life, I suspect that the individual perspective is a bit skewed and much evidence is being ignored to support some biased a priori assumptions.

If I'm being unfair in my assessment after limited observation, please let me know.

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I'm a relative newcomer here, and I have no desire to get sucked down the rabbit hole of "arguing" with chattown, but I have to point out what is obvious to so many here is self-evident to newcomers as well: Chattown is a whiny bitch.

Normally, I avoid name calling as much as possible because it serves no purpose. But sometimes, you've got to call a spade a spade.

Chattown - Even if you have a valid point (which you very well may have), get over it or do something productive about it. I don't think complaining to a bunch of fellow Internet posters counts as productive. If you can offer objective evidence that there really is a conspiracy against the Mocs, please post it in a manner that demonstrates you are being objective and not a pure homer. If you are being conspired against, I feel for you, and I agree that something should be done to address the injustice. Like most similar situations in life, I suspect that the individual perspective is a bit skewed and much evidence is being ignored to support some biased a priori assumptions.

If I'm being unfair in my assessment after limited observation, please let me know.

You are a POS, read the article, or STFU. Unlike most of the posters on here, the only thing I have any interest in talking about is football. I have no interest in message board shenanigans. This is PERFECTLY appropriate.

PaladinFan
September 30th, 2013, 03:53 PM
SoCon officiating is notoriously terrible. You are not the first to get screwed by them and won't be the last.

If it isn't the NFL, the PAC 12, or the SEC, the officiating is going to be objectively bad. Look, Husemann even admits the team committed ten other penalties which he did not have a problem with.

I hate whining. Put yourself in a position to win the game without the refs helping or hurting you. Two key things to remember in football - (1) don't rely on the refs, and (2) don't rely on the kicker.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 03:53 PM
You are a POS, read the article, or STFU.

tl;dr

blueballs
September 30th, 2013, 03:54 PM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/sep/30/penalties-too-much-for-mocs-to-overcome/?sportscollege

Was the fix in? It certainly would appear so. The double standard of officiating in Saturdays game was confirmed by the socon. When Jacob Huesman cooked Georgia Southern's defense over the top for a 28-20 lead you couldn't help but look for a flag. Low and behold, there it was. Illegal man downfield. The Southern Conference admitted to Russ Huesman there was no illegal man downfield, while also warning him that he better keep his mouth shut about it too. Huesman said the play was legal after the game and warned that someone was gonna be fired if it was. Apparently the southern conference doesn't see calls that change the outcome of games as a firable offense. Moreover, they aren't even willing to publicly admit they were wrong.

Truth be told, Hues man is right. We beat ourselves as much as the refs beat us. However the refs aren't supposed to beat us. They arent supposed to look for penalties against one team and let the other get away with murder. The best case scenario is that they mistook a 215 pound eligible running back for a Lineman. He happened to be one yard beyond the line of scrimmage. The refs looked for anything to call on Chattanooga, they ignored text book holding by GSU for 4 quarters. They ignored personal fouls that took place throughout Georgia Southerns "game winning drive." Georgia southern held and blocked beyond the whistle and even threw a punch.

The worst part is that when this particular play was questioned Georgia Southern fans spoke an "obvious" illegal formation, and we just don't know football. Completely fabricated of course in an attempt to legitimize a result lacking in any true legitimacy at all. The slimy, white trash, lack of integrity, that is Georgia Southern football has long been epitomized in their fans. This time it was seen in the refs, and now the socon as well.

Nowhere in the article did it state any of the bolded statements above.

You're a crybaby who has now resorted to making s--t up to justify your delusions. That is beyond pathetic, it is psychotic.

You got beat, deal with it.

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 03:58 PM
If it isn't the NFL, the PAC 12, or the SEC, the officiating is going to be objectively bad. Look, Husemann even admits the team committed ten other penalties which he did not have a problem with.

I hate whining. Put yourself in a position to win the game without the refs helping or hurting you. Two key things to remember in football - (1) don't rely on the refs, and (2) don't rely on the kicker.

More absolute trash. If setting up a beautiful TD toss all night long to go up 8 in the 4th quarter isn't putting yourself in a position to win, then wtf is? There are no plays, that refs sit out.

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Nowhere in the article did it state any of the bolded statements above.

You're a crybaby who has now resorted to making s--t up to justify your delusions. That is beyond pathetic, it is psychotic.

You got beat, deal with it.

Obviously you didn't read the article. This type of stuff from Georgia Southern fans is exactly like saying "it was obvious it was an illegal" all you are doing is hoping that no one with a 4th grade reading comprehension reads the article.

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2013, 04:05 PM
http://www.dippedincream.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/crying-baby.gif

GATA_OneMoreTime
September 30th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Maybe the ref reads the board and just wanted to give chattown another excuse to use and bitch about after the loss.

SUPharmacist
September 30th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Obviously you didn't read the article. This type of stuff from Georgia Southern fans is exactly like saying "it was obvious it was an illegal" all you are doing is hoping that no one with a 4th grade reading comprehension reads the article.

Reading the article, I get Huesman's opinion of the matter, and one sentence stating there was not a number assigned to who had committed the infraction. I see no admission by the Socon of any error, it sucks if there was no penalty, but move on.

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Reading the article, I get Huesman's opinion of the matter, and one sentence stating there was not a number assigned to who had committed the infraction. I see no admission by the Socon of any error, it sucks if there was no penalty, but move on.

Then read it again, the whole statement by huesman is based on the conversation he had with the so con office, if you glean that you are quite special.

thebootfitter
September 30th, 2013, 04:19 PM
You are a POS, Fair enough. I name call. You name call.

read the article, or STFU. Au contraire, mon frère. I read the article. Then I made my assessments.

Unlike most of the posters on here, the only thing I have any interest in talking about is football. I have no interest in message board shenanigans. This is PERFECTLY appropriate. Are you sure you want to discuss football objectively? Because it seems to me you are trying to discuss a conspiracy of the Socon refs against the Mocs.

blueballs
September 30th, 2013, 04:26 PM

I totally get that you're mentally ill and making s--t up, but here are the direct quotes from the article:

Huesman said he had a long conversation Sunday with Jack Childress, the SoCon's coordinator of football officials. He said he wasn't in trouble with the league for speaking out about the officiating.
"No, he just called and we talked about the play," said Huesman... Given his conversation with Childress earlier, he wasn't certain what he was allowed to say. "I guess I can say that we executed a legal play," Huesman said. "We knew it was legal going in and it was a legal play."

Now, how does that square with this?

"The double standard of officiating in Saturdays game was confirmed by the socon," and "The Southern Conference admitted to Russ Huesman there was no illegal man downfield," and "Apparently the southern conference doesn't see calls that change the outcome of games as a firable offense. Moreover, they aren't even willing to publicly admit they were wrong."

You do realize your last two statements quoted above contradict each other, don't you? Or are you not able to see that through the tears?

By the Way.... 23 is still more than 4 and you lost to Georgia Southern, as usual. Tough titties. Perhaps you can use that sock with the yellow stains on it under your bed to wipe away the tears.

Waco Kid
September 30th, 2013, 04:40 PM

Do you honestly think the SoCon would have the fix on to help GSU??? If they wanted to fix the game it would be the other way around. GSU is leaving the conference and is ineligible for the playoffs while UTC is committed to the league and has a shot at making the playoffs (technically speaking b/c we all know the Mocs will choke). The SoCon refs have been terrible for decades, and stuff like this happens on a weekly basis. Maybe you're just now realizing it since UTC hasn't been a factor very often and a few blown calls haven't really mattered in the past.

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I totally get that you're mentally ill and making s--t up, but here are the direct quotes from the article:

Huesman said he had a long conversation Sunday with Jack Childress, the SoCon's coordinator of football officials. He said he wasn't in trouble with the league for speaking out about the officiating.
"No, he just called and we talked about the play," said Huesman... Given his conversation with Childress earlier, he wasn't certain what he was allowed to say. "I guess I can say that we executed a legal play," Huesman said. "We knew it was legal going in and it was a legal play."

Now, how does that square with this?

"The double standard of officiating in Saturdays game was confirmed by the socon," and "The Southern Conference admitted to Russ Huesman there was no illegal man downfield," and "Apparently the southern conference doesn't see calls that change the outcome of games as a firable offense. Moreover, they aren't even willing to publicly admit they were wrong."

You do realize your last two statements quoted above contradict each other, don't you? Or are you not able to see that through the tears?

By the Way.... 23 is still more than 4 and you lost to Georgia Southern, as usual. Tough titties. Perhaps you can use that sock with the yellow stains on it under your bed to wipe away the tears.

You are beyond dumb. What I said could be taken from the article without much reading comprehension or critical thinking, apparently you have none.

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Do you honestly think the SoCon would have the fix on to help GSU??? If they wanted to fix the game it would be the other way around. GSU is leaving the conference and is ineligible for the playoffs while UTC is committed to the league and has a shot at making the playoffs (technically speaking b/c we all know the Mocs will choke). The SoCon refs have been terrible for decades, and stuff like this happens on a weekly basis. Maybe you're just now realizing it since UTC hasn't been a factor very often and a few blown calls haven't really mattered in the past.

I just can't help this kind of lack of intelligence. If you don't think this is worth talking about, I can't help you.

straightshooter
September 30th, 2013, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=chattownmocs;2019395]http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/sep/30/penalties-too-much-for-mocs-to-overcome/?sportscollege

The worst part is that when this particular play was questioned Georgia Southern fans spoke an "obvious" illegal formation, and we just don't know football. Completely fabricated of course in an attempt to legitimize a result lacking in any true legitimacy at all. The slimy, white trash, lack of integrity, that is Georgia Southern football has long been epitomized in their fans. This time it was seen in the refs, and now the socon as well.[/QUOTE

Just read the article, and none of what you say above is even in the article. Wait, that's not exactly right. Heusmann did say that they beat themselves in many ways. The rest of what you've written is pure fabrication. Are you on drugs?

Grizalltheway
September 30th, 2013, 04:57 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/dalet56245/this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon_zps9e9361a0. jpg

GATA_OneMoreTime
September 30th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I'd like to note that I'm 99% sure it was the same official that flagged the phantom PI that gave UTC one last gasp at the end. I also think he was the one who launched his flag about 35 yards on a play too (flagging GSU btw). He sucked. End of story. SOCON officials suck. Take your conspiracy theory and GFY.

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=chattownmocs;2019395]http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/sep/30/penalties-too-much-for-mocs-to-overcome/?sportscollege

The worst part is that when this particular play was questioned Georgia Southern fans spoke an "obvious" illegal formation, and we just don't know football. Completely fabricated of course in an attempt to legitimize a result lacking in any true legitimacy at all. The slimy, white trash, lack of integrity, that is Georgia Southern football has long been epitomized in their fans. This time it was seen in the refs, and now the socon as well.[/QUOTE

Just read the article, and none of what you say above is even in the article. Wait, that's not exactly right. Heusmann did say that they beat themselves in many ways. The rest of what you've written is pure fabrication. Are you on drugs?

The article is clear. After the game Huesman said someone should be fired if the play was legal. He also said he would apologize if the play turned out to be illegal. He got a call from the head of socon officials but was clearly told not to say certain things. What he is still saying is that the play was legal. See, its clearcut. An ineligible man down field call, is not debatable. It either is, or it is not. It is not like a judgment call. Its not something that can be debated and agreed to disagreed upon. The video is clear. The article is hardly vague about any of this.

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I'd like to note that I'm 99% sure it was the same official that flagged the phantom PI that gave UTC one last gasp at the end. I also think he was the one who launched his flag about 35 yards on a play too (flagging GSU btw). He sucked. End of story. SOCON officials suck. Take your conspiracy theory and GFY.

Another Georgia Southern fan equating a meaningless judgment call to a cut and dry illegal man downfield call that completely changed the game.

Gringer1
September 30th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Can you provide a single reason why the SoCon would want GSU to win? If anything, the conference would be trying to sabotage the Eagles and Mountaineers. It makes no sense for the SoCon to cheat in favor of 2 teams that can't make the post season and are leaving.

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Can you provide a single reason why the SoCon would want GSU to win? If anything, the conference would be trying to sabotage the Eagles and Mountaineers. It makes no sense for the SoCon to cheat in favor of 2 teams that can't make the post season and are leaving.

Can you provide how officials can fabricate a call at the most crucial time, and not correct their easily correctable mistake?

Southern Bison
September 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Can you provide how officials can fabricate a call at the most crucial time, and not correct their easily correctable mistake?

Oh good...we've reached the juvenile part of this thread.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 30th, 2013, 05:54 PM
The PI was a TERRIBLE call. The receiver was never touched. Chattown, if your team ever gets to the playoffs you will notice how much better officiating is in other conferences. And I can promise you that GSU has gotten hosed by SoCon officials before.

longtimemocfan
September 30th, 2013, 06:03 PM

Funny you say that...Just getting ready to bring that up. Our TE Faysal Shafaat had a blatant pushoff in the end zone that everyone in the stadium saw in last years game in Chattanooga. Your in general are going to get some sort of "home cooking" from the refs in these types of games. You just got to be the better team and overcome it.

Gringer1
September 30th, 2013, 06:06 PM

A receiver lined up improperly and should not have gone down field is my opinion. Even if the refs missed that call, how does it prove a conspiracy? UTC got favorable calls too, like the nonsense pass interference that gave the Mockeries 4 fresh downs in the most crucial part of the game. Just tell me why the SoCon would want to cheat in favor of a departing member.

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 06:32 PM
A receiver lined up improperly and should not have gone down field is my opinion. Even if the refs missed that call, how does it prove a conspiracy? UTC got favorable calls too, like the nonsense pass interference that gave the Mockeries 4 fresh downs in the most crucial part of the game. Just tell me why the SoCon would want to cheat in favor of a departing member.

So you are going to stick with a factually incorrect opinion that is proven false on video?

Apphole
September 30th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I hate to post anything that remotely validates Chattown, but this sort of thread is what App fans hear from Southern fans every year recently.

Gringer1
September 30th, 2013, 06:51 PM
So you are going to stick with a factually incorrect opinion that is proven false on video?

A reason for the conspiracy, please?

pike51
September 30th, 2013, 07:00 PM

Do you not know the rules of football? I already explained the formation, what was illegal, and why they called illegal man downfield.

Now, there has been no statement from the SoCon that they made a bad call. Instead, you read between the lines of an article geared towards UTC fans and make up your own story. Maybe the refs wanted to get back at you for charging them 498% intrest on a short term loan? Holy conspiracy theory Batman! Is the food good in the institution because quite frankly, you are bat **** crazy! The best advice anyone has given you is to man up, drop a set of testicles, and move the **** on! Quit crying like a little bitch on the 3rd grade swing set. You lost, end of story.

Milktruck74
September 30th, 2013, 07:08 PM
There is NO conspiracy. The official mad a bad call. Did it cost UTC the Game? Probably, but if the Mocs played like they should/could have it would never have been in question. The best way to keep the poor officiating out of play (or "Home Cooking") is to get a three TD lead and maintain it! UTC did not do what it took to win at Paulsen. I will say the lesser came away with the W, none the less they came away with the W!!! Congrats GSU, enjoy a meaningless victory as you fade into FBS football obscurity...Gonna miss hating you guys!!!

Milktruck74
September 30th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Do you not know the rules of football? I already explained the formation, what was illegal, and why they called illegal man downfield.

Now, there has been no statement from the SoCon that they made a bad call. Instead, you read between the lines of an article geared towards UTC fans and make up your own story. Maybe the refs wanted to get back at you for charging them 498% intrest on a short term loan? Holy conspiracy theory Batman! Is the food good in the institution because quite frankly, you are bat **** crazy! The best advice anyone has given you is to man up, drop a set of testicles, and move the **** on! Quit crying like a little bitch on the 3rd grade swing set. You lost, end of story.

I hate to back up Chattown, but seven men were on the Line of Scrimmage.....it was a legal formation. None the less it is nothing more then a distraction from the Western Game!!! We just need to rattle off 7 straight!

pike51
September 30th, 2013, 07:23 PM
I hate to back up Chattown, but seven men were on the Line of Scrimmage.....it was a legal formation. None the less it is nothing more then a distraction from the Western Game!!! We just need to rattle off 7 straight!

Yes... 7 men were on the LOS. However, the end receiver covered up the inside receiver as was explained by the ref immediately following the play. Basically, you only had 4 offensive linemen on the LOS and 3 receivers.

eaglemachine
September 30th, 2013, 07:30 PM

That article is nothing but your coach whining.

Milktruck74
September 30th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Yes... 7 men were on the LOS. However, the end receiver covered up the inside receiver as was explained by the ref immediately following the play. Basically, you only had 4 offensive linemen on the LOS and 3 receivers.

I haven't officiated in 3 years, but I did for 12 before that and my rulebook (albeit a few years old) says that formation is absolutely legal, provided the covered man does not go down field (and that doesn't make the formation illegal, it is an illegal downfield). The two men down field when the ball was released were #8 (widest man on the outside ALWAYS LEGAL) and #38 who ran the wheel route from out of the backfield lined up at the tb spot (again ALWAYS LEGAL).

TennBison
September 30th, 2013, 07:41 PM

So your head coach threatens the SOCON with getting people fired (stupid move right there), and poor tackling on second downs kept GSU in third and short through out the game (that is not going to get them off the field). You own coach admits that his teams own penalties shot them in the foot "We made a ton of mistakes," Huesman said. "Ten offensive penalties -- we just shot ourselves in the foot."
You make it seem like GSU is the only team on the field that got away with penalties. You are aware that it is common knowledge that on pretty much any play there is at least a holding penalty by the offense. Just weather or not it affects the play has to do with weather it is called or not. But you would take everyone here for fools to think that your team didn't commit a penalty that was not called. Here is a new concept, sometimes refs let teams play and by doing so let some calls that would normally be called go uncalled and only take the most severe ones.
Pretty much every game has a bad call, the problem that UTC had is that they put themselves in the position to let that one bad call in your mind loose the game for them. If they would have taken care of business to begin with that would not have been a factor.

Milktruck74
September 30th, 2013, 07:58 PM
So your head coach threatens the SOCON with getting people fired (stupid move right there), and poor tackling on second downs kept GSU in third and short through out the game (that is not going to get them off the field). You own coach admits that his teams own penalties shot them in the foot "We made a ton of mistakes," Huesman said. "Ten offensive penalties -- we just shot ourselves in the foot."
You make it seem like GSU is the only team on the field that got away with penalties. You are aware that it is common knowledge that on pretty much any play there is at least a holding penalty by the offense. Just weather or not it affects the play has to do with weather it is called or not. But you would take everyone here for fools to think that your team didn't commit a penalty that was not called. Here is a new concept, sometimes refs let teams play and by doing so let some calls that would normally be called go uncalled and only take the most severe ones.
Pretty much every game has a bad call, the problem that UTC had is that they put themselves in the position to let that one bad call in your mind loose the game for them. If they would have taken care of business to begin with that would not have been a factor.

I appreciate Huesman's passion. His kids read the articles in the paper and they know he is standing up for them. As I said before, this is a moot point if you play like you are suppose to and go up by 21!

PaladinFan
September 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM
I haven't officiated in 3 years, but I did for 12 before that and my rulebook (albeit a few years old) says that formation is absolutely legal, provided the covered man does not go down field (and that doesn't make the formation illegal, it is an illegal downfield). The two men down field when the ball was released were #8 (widest man on the outside ALWAYS LEGAL) and #38 who ran the wheel route from out of the backfield lined up at the tb spot (again ALWAYS LEGAL).

That's what UTC gets for running a unique formation. See. It's UTC's fault.

Eagle22
September 30th, 2013, 09:07 PM

They ignored personal fouls that took place throughout Georgia Southerns "game winning drive."

Glad you pointed that out.

It would have been 1st and goal from the 1.5 yard line for the Eagles had they called Will Johnson for the obvious facemask.

http://makeagif.com/i/urhp6Y

T-Dog
September 30th, 2013, 09:21 PM

It would have been 1st and goal from the 1.5 yard line for the Eagles had they called Will Johnson for the obvious facemask.

We should have switched refs. I've never seen so many facemask penalties called in a game before. We might have won if not for those facemask calls.

dgtw
September 30th, 2013, 09:27 PM
You are a POS, read the article, or STFU..

I read the article. I did not see where the SoCon office said the ref made a bad call. Please let me know where they said that (and not based on something your coach said) or STFU. Otherwise, you are a POS.

Baldy
September 30th, 2013, 09:37 PM

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-30-2013/urhp6Y.gif

klak
September 30th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Do I need to add any commentary to this or is it self explanatory?

http://i.imgur.com/sE3nyJK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ewNsV4H.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b3q3Mo0.jpg

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 11:39 PM

You are the epitome of lying trash. You are trying to apply something you once heard on a football broadcast to a situation where it is in no way applicable and doesn't even make any sense. You are a jackass.

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Do I need to add any commentary to this or is it self explanatory?

http://i.imgur.com/sE3nyJK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ewNsV4H.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b3q3Mo0.jpg

Thanks. You just proved the point.

Sam I Am
September 30th, 2013, 11:56 PM

I am writing this message because I take issue with some of Chattownmocs's communications. What follows is a call to action for those of us who care—a large enough number to give you some background information about Chattownmocs. While we do nothing, those who stonewall on issues in which football fans see a vital public interest are gloating and smirking. And they will keep on gloating and smirking until we unite rich and poor, young and old.

To resolve a moral failure with an immoral solution is Chattownmocs's objective, and apolaustic, infelicific scapegoatism is his method. As far back as I can remember, Chattownmocs has pitted mythomaniacs against dimbulbs and anthropophagi against rampallions. Assume for a moment that he turns his back on our most heartfelt pleas for mercy. It therefore follows that teenagers who want to shock their parents sometimes maintain—with a straight face—that diseases can be defeated not through standard medical research but through the creation of a new language, one that does not stigmatize certain groups and behaviors. Fortunately, most parents don't fall for this fraud because they know that if we contradict Chattownmocs, we are labelled bloodthirsty, scabrous pamphleteers. If we capitulate, however, we forfeit our freedoms.

If I didn't sincerely believe that Chattownmocs worships capital, adores its aura, and genuflects before the mere concept of extreme wealth, then I wouldn't be writing this message. One of his cohorts keeps throwing "scientific" studies at me, claiming they prove that coercion in the name of liberty is a valid use of Chattown's power. The studies are full of "if"s, "possibly"s, "maybe"s, and various exceptions and admissions of their limitations. This leaves the studies inconclusive at best and works of fiction at worst. The only thing these studies can possibly prove is that Chattownmocs has been trying desperately hard to make the case that society is supposed to be lenient towards clueless, peremptory heinsbies. Sorry, Chattownmocs, but I must respectfully disagree. My counterargument is that we must overcome the fears that beset us every day of our lives. We must overcome the fear that Chattownmocs will fleece us. And to overcome these fears, we must solve the problems of sesquipedalianism, sensationalism, economic inequality, and lack of equal opportunity. To summarize what I've written up to this point, Chattownmocs gained ascendancy through monstrous abuse of his deputies. You know I'm right. Now what are you going to do about it?

citdog
October 1st, 2013, 12:00 AM
You know I'm right. Now what are you going to do about it?

Confiscate your thesaurus?

gotts
October 1st, 2013, 12:45 AM

Enough of the bs with the penalty talk, lets get down to the hard-hitting question: Was Vaseline used?

texcap
October 1st, 2013, 12:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sE3nyJK.jpg I watched the play and did not see an ineligible man down field. However I do see an illegal formation. According to the rules, there must be at least 7 players on the line of scrimmage. Chattanooga only had 6; 5 linemen and a tight end. The player up at the top of the picture should have been on the line but you can see he is clearly two yards off the line of scrimmage (40 yard line). That would put 5 in the backfield, which is an illegal formation.

seantaylor
October 1st, 2013, 02:59 AM
It is the textbook definition of an illegal formation. This coming from an official, Socon officials are no better than many high school districts.

rokamortis
October 1st, 2013, 05:14 AM
If you look closely, the WR at the top of the screen has his front foot in the same line as where the right tackle has his feet. It appears if you say the RT is on the line then so is the WR.

Smitty
October 1st, 2013, 05:33 AM
Well in the long run I'm glad GSU is leaving, otherwise we would have to hear Chattown cry about this for the next few years...

SouthernMan
October 1st, 2013, 05:36 AM
I hate to post anything that remotely validates Chattown, but this sort of thread is what App fans hear from Southern fans every year recently.

Good thing it won't matter this year when we come to Poone and beat you by 3 scores.

eaglewraith
October 1st, 2013, 05:52 AM

Except that 38 lined up inside the tight end on the left, thereby covering him up and making him an ineligible receiver. He then runs WAY downfield.

pike51
October 1st, 2013, 07:01 AM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/2383694.jpg

PaladinFan
October 1st, 2013, 07:17 AM
I watched the play and did not see an ineligible man down field. However I do see an illegal formation. According to the rules, there must be at least 7 players on the line of scrimmage. Chattanooga only had 6; 5 linemen and a tight end. The player up at the top of the picture should have been on the line but you can see he is clearly two yards off the line of scrimmage (40 yard line). That would put 5 in the backfield, which is an illegal formation.

That was my first thought on seeing the formation. The right tackle is uncovered and their are quite plainly 6 men on the line of scrimmage.

PaladinFan
October 1st, 2013, 07:18 AM
It is the textbook definition of an illegal formation. This coming from an official, Socon officials are no better than many high school districts.

That's a bit of an overstatement. I've seen Georgia High School refs blow an option play dead because they thought the fullback had the ball while the quarterback was running around the end. Hard to explain one's way out of that one.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 1st, 2013, 08:20 AM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-30-2013/urhp6Y.gif

Chatty definitely got a break with that one. Banks had to sit out the next play because his face mask was grabbed. On the next play the backup backup fullback comes in and causes a fumble that almost gave the game away.

I question a couple of the calls from the GSU App. State game last year but I don't gripe too much about it because odds are we got some breaks as well. Such is SoCon football.

SpeedkingATL
October 1st, 2013, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the land of SoCon officials where every ref wants to make sure they get their fair share of air time. I've seen so many bad calls watching the last 40 years of App football that I just expect the unexpected and usually get it.

CID1990
October 1st, 2013, 09:50 AM
I appreciate Huesman's passion. His kids read the articles in the paper and they know he is standing up for them. As I said before, this is a moot point if you play like you are suppose to and go up by 21!

This.

Everybody in the SoCon has known for years that if you play a close game you run the risk of having poor officiating decide the game. If you want to take the refs out of the game then you need to be dominant.

According to Chattown, nobody was going to be close to UTC this year, so maybe he should be upset at Huesman for a less than dominating performance.

walliver
October 1st, 2013, 09:51 AM
SoCon refs are horrible. Almost every time we run a play, players from the other team blatantly hit and hold the player with the ball, and the refs almost never throw a flag!

SoCon officiating has been questionable for 50 years. Even in the NAIA days, Wofford always used SoCon officials, and the term "Southern Conference ref" was absolutely the worst invective that could be used against someone.

On the other hand, these guys are part-time refs, most of whom have day jobs during the week, and I have no doubt they try to do the best they can. They tend to under-call holding and over-call pass interference on big plays. But, that happens to everybody, not just GSU and UTC. They are probably a notch above the MEAC refs.

I have seen games, where penalties seem slanted toward one team of the other, but it is generally penalty-calling that favors a certain style of play. I have never seen a game where the referees blatantly had a fix on (other than a few clock operators at high school games).

PaladinFan
October 1st, 2013, 10:25 AM
Good grief, people. Reading this thread makes one think that the SoCon refs are out to get everyone's team. They aren't.

Look, the refs are not paid handsomely. Even NFL refs often have other jobs. They are human, and will make mistakes. Not because they are incompetent, but because they are people in a fast paced game.

Case in point, last night in the MLB's tie-breaker game, the Texas centerfielder obviously trapped a ball on a diving "catch" in the outfield that directly cost Tampa a valuable run. Six professional umpires, at the top of their game, in a nationally televised contest, missed an obvious call in the dead center of the playing field. It happens. Tampa (unlike UTC) put enough hay in the barn during the game where the bad call didn't hurt them.

If you want perfection out of the officiators, go watch some other sport. Bad calls happen every game, all the time, against every team. Get over it.

pike51
October 1st, 2013, 11:10 AM
You are the epitome of lying trash. You are trying to apply something you once heard on a football broadcast to a situation where it is in no way applicable and doesn't even make any sense. You are a jackass.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/JRLloydIII/WebStuff/insults/4578617.png

GATA
October 1st, 2013, 11:19 AM
It's a moot point. Even if they did let the TD stand, GSU would have driven the ball down, scored a TD, converted the 2 point conversion, tied it at 28, then beat chatty in OT. The only reason we kicked the FG to go up 23-21 is because that's all we needed in that situation. Chatty can't win close games against good teams...even if they had the 28-20 lead they would have found a way to blow it...they always do.

BisonFan02
October 1st, 2013, 11:25 AM
It's a moot point. Even if they did let the TD stand, GSU would have driven the ball down, scored a TD, converted the 2 point conversion, tied it at 28, then beat chatty in OT. The only reason we kicked the FG to go up 23-21 is because that's all we needed in that situation. Chatty can't win close games against good teams...even if they had the 28-20 lead they would have found a way to blow it...they always do.

You guys kicked a FG? :D

pike51
October 1st, 2013, 11:33 AM

3 of them! Can you believe it!?!?!

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 1st, 2013, 12:23 PM

3 of them! Can you believe it!?!?!

Younghoe Koo for Payton!

walliver
October 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM
Younghoe Koo for Payton!

Young Ho's are hard to beat. Especially a little young ho koo.:D

I'm sure his name is something quite respectable in his ancestral language.

citdog
October 1st, 2013, 12:33 PM
Younghoe Koo for Payton!

I think my Dad took a shot at his in the A Shau valley.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-z_cZzgTptEM/T_dr7VxWGAI/AAAAAAAAAMI/WDAghr9hbIE/s1600/120308-robert_downey_jr_tropic_thunder.jpg

Eaglesrus
October 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Young Ho's are hard to beat. Especially a little young ho koo.:D

I'm sure his name is something quite respectable in his ancestral language.

I apologize for even thinking of diverting from the hilarity of this thread in any way, but for the record it's pronounced young way koo.

erk
October 1st, 2013, 12:46 PM
Dude there are bad calls in all football games whether its high school, college or NFL. Most of the time the bad calls even themselves out over the course of the game. The SoCon officials have been horrible for years its no secret we have been hosed with bad calls just like every other team in the SoCon that's football and fans will just have to live with it or stop watching football. As for the GSU vs. Chatty Game Saturday there were bad calls for both sides but as other posters have attempted state, if you dominate a football game enough to win a bad call will not determine the outcome simple as that. Chatty has come a very long way since the early 90's they just have to get over the hump and learn to finish games to go from being an average team to a good team simple as that. You can make excuses, blame officials or whatever else you choose to do but at the end of the day a coach can grip as much as he wants about an official the outcome of the game will not be reversed and a win is a win and a loss is a loss. As the old Marshall coach used to say at the end of the day people judge you on wins and losses not how you played the game.

erk
October 1st, 2013, 12:56 PM
And for the record i never read in the article where the SoCon admits to anything.

bjtheflamesfan
October 1st, 2013, 01:41 PM
Alright chattown, Im gonna level with you...even if we agree there was some rank officiating in that game (and as many of the other SoCon posters have said at length, there is a regular issue with it in that conference...), the good teams overcome bad officiating and find a way to win. The GREAT teams don't even let it come down to a bad call or two, they go out and they dominate so that the bad call(s) has/have zero effect on the outcome of the game. If UTC is/was as good as advertised, they would have gone out and staked to a 3 or 4 TD advantage so that no matter what, the outcome still would have had UTC winning and there would be no need (or at least not as significant a need) for the SoCon to admit that there was a blown call (and I have read the article multiple times and there is nothing on the record from the SoCon indicating that they blew the call...there is inference based on Coach Huesman's comments in the article but that is all we have).

AshevilleApp2
October 1st, 2013, 01:49 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/dalet56245/this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon_zps9e9361a0. jpg

Go Brown!:)

Mr. C
October 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM
The PI was a TERRIBLE call. The receiver was never touched. Chattown, if your team ever gets to the playoffs you will notice how much better officiating is in other conferences. And I can promise you that GSU has gotten hosed by SoCon officials before.
Watching games in person from around the country, there are far worse conferences than the SoCon for officiating. That being said, there are certain things that SoCon officials do (pass interference calls, calling penalties 50 yards away when they have no impact on a play, celebration flags) that drive you nuts. By and large, officiating in FCS is pretty bad, though I did see games in person with Patriot League and CAA officials last week that were very well called.

Mr. C
October 1st, 2013, 02:41 PM

Was the fix in? It certainly would appear so. The double standard of officiating in Saturdays game was confirmed by the socon.

Hey Chattownmocs, I know someone down your way with the FBI. Perhaps you should go see him and let him know you have evidence of game-fixing and point-shaving? I'm sure they would love to talk to you.

TennBison
October 1st, 2013, 02:55 PM
Go Brown!:)
Her legs are in an illegal spread formation and her boobs are off sides, I am sure that some UTC fan is going to complain.

TennBison
October 1st, 2013, 02:57 PM
Her legs are in an illegal spread formation and her boobs are off sides, I am sure some UTC fan is going to complain.

VidEagle
October 1st, 2013, 02:58 PM
Look the SoCon official in question admitted he made a mistake. He thought he was pulling out a wad of dollar bills to throw at the ho's over in the Chattanooga band thanking them for the twerking show they put on all night but instead he grabbed his penalty flag. He had to come up with a penalty so he decided on one. End of story.

blueballs
October 1st, 2013, 04:32 PM
Hey Chattownmocs, I know someone down your way with the FBI. Perhaps you should go see him and let him know you have evidence of game-fixing and point-shaving? I'm sure they would love to talk to you.

That FBI guy is probably involved with the investigation of Chattownmocs' former employer the usurious loan operation... how convenient!

GSUNCSU
October 1st, 2013, 08:11 PM
I agree the officials did blew this game, if not GSU would have won by more. What is the problemxdontknowx?

gsu2583
October 2nd, 2013, 08:31 AM

"Factually incorrect opinion?"

This ***** just writes itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yptXkLglKkA

pike51
October 2nd, 2013, 09:14 AM
This thread reminds me of a song. 10 points to the first person who knows the artist:

"if she'd only gone down like my checking account, instead of being blue, I'd be blown"

Sam I Am
October 2nd, 2013, 11:38 AM

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/561574_569724483075553_2041405028_n.jpg

BisonFan02
October 2nd, 2013, 01:54 PM
This thread reminds me of a song. 10 points to the first person who knows the artist:

"if she'd only gone down like my checking account, instead of being blue, I'd be blown"

David Allan Coe? :D

GATA_OneMoreTime
October 2nd, 2013, 02:14 PM
David Allan Coe? :D
That was my guess too

pike51
October 2nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
Wrong. It's not DAC. I'll share the full song:

"All she ever blew was my money,
I just I would have known,
if she'd only gone down like my checking account,
instead of being blue, I'd be blown!

You don't know me, I don't know you
drink your wine and I'll drink mine,
what do ya say we get drunk tonight?

You don't know me, I don't know you,
take a ride in my truck,
what do ya say we get drunk and.... (crowd yells responses)"

You Texas boys should know this one! (hint)