PDA

View Full Version : SportsNetwork Poll: 30 Sept.

kdinva
September 30th, 2013, 12:05 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/cfoot225poll.aspx

Chuck South #35? Maine should be between 17-20.......

penguinpower
September 30th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Ha! YSU didn't make the top 25

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I'm happy UNH made this poll, but above Villanova?

Neighbor2
September 30th, 2013, 12:26 PM
All I care about is finding out who the first poster is to claim Lehigh is ranked too high.

penguinpower
September 30th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Don't think YSU is a top 15 team, but nit having them in the top 25 is proof of the hate TSN has for the school. They also have a strong bias for eastern teams, especially CAA teams.

I have been trying to demonstrate this for a while now. Is anyone starting to believe what I am trying to point out?

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Don't think YSU is a top 15 team, but nit having them in the top 25 is proof of the hate TSN has for the school. They also have a strong bias for eastern teams, especially CAA teams.

I have been trying to demonstrate this for a while now. Is anyone starting to believe what I am trying to point out?

YSU is #26, calm down.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 30th, 2013, 12:37 PM

No, those sorts of claims are pretty silly. Sometimes the answer is just that people ain't looking at things closely enough.

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2013, 12:39 PM

Sam Houston St, South Dakota St, Montana St, Montana, McNeese St, and Central Arkansas are all higher in the TSN poll than they are in the AGS poll. You're making something out of nothing.

penguinpower
September 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I personally don't care about TSN ranking but as a fan of the FCS, the limited media coverage of the FCS should be free of their bias and influence

penguinpower
September 30th, 2013, 12:47 PM
No, those sorts of claims are pretty silly. Sometimes the answer is just that people ain't looking at things closely enough.

They are the ones that are not looking at things closely enough.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 12:47 PM
They are the ones that are not looking at things closely enough.

That's what he is saying.

penguinpower
September 30th, 2013, 12:55 PM
That's what he is saying.

10-4

ValleyTalk
September 30th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I am sort of stunned too about YSU. They beat SIU on the road, when they were underdogs, and don't move a single spot up. Were #26 last week and #26 again this week. Whatever... just keep winning and then we can earn respect. Until then, expect the voters to continue ignoring us.

FanofFCS
September 30th, 2013, 01:00 PM

Why blame TSN? It's a national poll of over 150 voters from all conferences. That's 150-160 people who put Youngstown St. at 26, not TSN.

HailSzczur
September 30th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Nova handles Penn convincingly (as expected) and drops in the polls? xchinscratchx

BEAR
September 30th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Nothing like NOT playing and dropping in the polls. xlolx

Paladin1aa
September 30th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I look at it as proof of regional bias among the voters. Its heavy with East coast conferences and their voters. Its also a view of the politics and manipulation that some try to have on the poll, which is silly The polls are going to change as the season progresses and some folks are going to look like fools for the way they voted. Have a chuckle and don't take it so serious.

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Nothing like NOT playing and dropping in the polls. xlolx
That'll happen this time of year with teams like UCA that haven't proven much yet on the field. I think UCA dropped two spots in my ballot because other teams are starting to prove more on the field. UCA is still where they're at based primarily on their perceived strength but as the calendar gets into October perception carries less and less weight each week.

ccd494
September 30th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I look at it as proof of regional bias among the voters. Its heavy with East coast conferences and their voters. Its also a view of the politics and manipulation that some try to have on the poll, which is silly The polls are going to change as the season progresses and some folks are going to look like fools for the way they voted. Have a chuckle and don't take it so serious.

Yes let's claim East Coast Bias, especially when the easternmost team in the country is ranked 10+ spots lower in this poll than on AGS...

BEAR
September 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM
That'll happen this time of year with teams like UCA that haven't proven much yet on the field. I think UCA dropped two spots in my ballot because other teams are starting to prove more on the field. UCA is still where they're at based primarily on their perceived strength but as the calendar gets into October perception carries less and less weight each week.

One of the most intelligent posts I've read to date. Congrats.

Eaglesrus
September 30th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Don't disagree with it at all (though I would rank Wofford ahead of us) but when was the last time that the highest ranked SoCon team was only #16? This season has definitely been a puzzler down here.

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Don't disagree with it at all (though I would rank Wofford ahead of us) but when was the last time that the highest ranked SoCon team was only #16? This season has definitely been a puzzler down here.
I think GSU would actually be ranked higher if they were staying in the FCS. I'm pretty sure there are voters in this poll who aren't including GSU even though TSN explicitly told them that GSU and App St are eligible.

mainejeff
September 30th, 2013, 03:55 PM
UNH sucks balls this season.......many of these voters are still voting on reputation and nothing more. Maybe it's time for someone to e-mail them actual week to week results so they can make a more informed vote...........

NoDak 4 Ever
September 30th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Man, some guy out there just does NOT like NDSU

smilo
September 30th, 2013, 06:33 PM
I have Youngstown State at #26 as well personally. I don't see a bias there. I think they will definitely be ranked in the coming weeks when conferences like the CAA beat up on each other, but as of right now, I have a hard time kicking anyone out of my own rankings.

I just don't get the lack of love for Villanova!! What do we gotta do to get back towards the top 10? Hopefully beating William & Mary will be a good start. UNH and Wofford should absolutely be behind V.

There's a ton of teams that are just way too high! Starting with McNeese St. They should barely be top 20. Beating USF is something that should be expected to happen. Speaking of mediocre FBS wins, Towson's of UCONN isn't looking much better. Towson is a decent team, but #3 after struggling with Stony Brook? SB is not good this year. They are more like #6-10. I am also shocked that Montana can still be considered a top 10 team. Montana St probably doesn't deserve that title either, but I could accept them for the time being. Lehigh is also a bit high, and they should be around the 16-20 range. Also Central Arkansas needs to get knocked down a tier though definitely don't expect that to happen. What is Richmond doing to receive so many votes still?!

Maine, Gardner-Webb, and of course Charleston Southern all on the low end for reputation alone. I'd like to see Cal Poly move up a bit. They could be the #2 team in that conference. Even if that is not true, they are definitely not #5.

McNeese75
September 30th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I have Youngstown State at #26 as well personally. I don't see a bias there. I think they will definitely be ranked in the coming weeks when conferences like the CAA beat up on each other, but as of right now, I have a hard time kicking anyone out of my own rankings.

I just don't get the lack of love for Villanova!! What do we gotta do to get back towards the top 10? Hopefully beating William & Mary will be a good start. UNH and Wofford should absolutely be behind V.

There's a ton of teams that are just way too high! Starting with McNeese St. They should barely be top 20. Beating USF is something that should be expected to happen. Speaking of mediocre FBS wins, Towson's of UCONN isn't looking much better. Towson is a decent team, but #3 after struggling with Stony Brook? SB is not good this year. They are more like #6-10. I am also shocked that Montana can still be considered a top 10 team. Montana St probably doesn't deserve that title either, but I could accept them for the time being. Lehigh is also a bit high, and they should be around the 16-20 range. Also Central Arkansas needs to get knocked down a tier though definitely don't expect that to happen. What is Richmond doing to receive so many votes still?!

Maine, Gardner-Webb, and of course Charleston Southern all on the low end for reputation alone. I'd like to see Cal Poly move up a bit. They could be the #2 team in that conference. Even if that is not true, they are definitely not #5.

So many experts around here, so little time xcoffeex