PDA

View Full Version : School Pride: Trade in your rags!

BEAR
September 30th, 2013, 10:21 AM
UCA has gone on a marketing rampage with a t-shirt trade-in for students at UCA. Walking around campus you can see all those $3 walmart pig shirts. Sick. The Bookstore has now sponsored a trade-in. You bring your cheap import pig or other school shirt and they'll give you, FOR FREE, a UCA shirt! It's about changing the fan mentality on campus. Not a new idea but is your school doing something similar?

(shirts on campus are costly in the bookstore)

Calling all UCA students! Time to Trade Up a shirt from a different college for a shiny new UCA shirt! We will be outside of the Student Center this week on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 11-2!

Thanks to The UCA Bookstore for sponsoring Trade Up!

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/s403x403/1382897_10151584956206580_119782399_n.jpg

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Neat. I wish NDSU would let me trade some of my NDSU shirts for other schools shirts :p. I don't need 245 NDSU shirts lol.

NDSU gives shirts away for free everywhere and sells a lot of them for really cheap $1.99-5.99 only freshman noobs buy shirts for $20 or more.

I have some Natty shirts that were kinda spendy, but while in texas I had to do it.

pike51
September 30th, 2013, 10:23 AM
We've done similar in the past. I think it's a great idea!

Skyhawk71
September 30th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I like it, and I'm passing it along to some of our campus guys, but someone would have to sponsor the shirts, we are in a glorious contract with Barnes & Noble and you can hardly get shirts or caps in the actual school colors at the campus store, luckily, most of the gear people wear comes from small stores in town that have TM approval- the crap that they have for Martin online is also amusing since it is regulated through the B&N deal, none of it is the right color orange- it is all puke vol orange- I hope that it goes well for UCA

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 30th, 2013, 10:31 AM
ETSU did this recently in advance of their regeneration of the football program. ETSU fans had an opportunity to meet Coach Torbush who would give them a ETSU Pride shirt in exchange for a school shirt from a different school.

BEAR
September 30th, 2013, 10:38 AM
I can't tell you how many shades of purple I have seen. Wally-world picked up the trademark and you can get light purple to nearly black-purple. The quality SUCKS too. Just glad our bookstore got bought out this last year because they are giving away quality things to students.

BEAR
September 30th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Neat. I wish NDSU would let me trade some of my NDSU shirts for other schools shirts :p. I don't need 245 NDSU shirts lol.

NDSU gives shirts away for free everywhere and sells a lot of them for really cheap $1.99-5.99 only freshman noobs buy shirts for $20 or more.

I have some Natty shirts that were kinda spendy, but while in texas I had to do it.

I can buy NDSU shirts here at one of our local stores...along with Penn, Furman, and other schools. xlolx

PantherRob82
September 30th, 2013, 10:52 AM
UNI does this for Iowa and Iowa State shirts.

Tribal
September 30th, 2013, 10:56 AM
We've done similar in the past. I think it's a great idea!

I can tell you this is true...some Eagles fan gave me a Mambo Gook teeshirt at a GSU game a few years back. I think he was trying to get with me.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I can buy NDSU shirts here at one of our local stores...along with Penn, Furman, and other schools. xlolx

Lol, nice. I found some NDSU stuff in western Montana, that's the furthest away I've seen it. I have yet to see UCA stuff ever. but KC/Dallas/Tulsa is all the closer I've looked.

BluBengal07
September 30th, 2013, 11:10 AM
creative idea.
i know JSU has streamed line its logos recently, but there are a lot of old unofficial logos out there still in rotation outside of JSU.

BEAR
September 30th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Lol, nice. I found some NDSU stuff in western Montana, that's the furthest away I've seen it. I have yet to see UCA stuff ever. but KC/Dallas/Tulsa is all the closer I've looked.

Well when UCA becomes an FCS powerhouse and wins the FCS Natty like Ark. State did, then you might see some in stores in Arkansas! ( yeah... you can't find it here either. )

GATA_OneMoreTime
September 30th, 2013, 12:11 PM
GA Southern's athletic department has done this in the past for UGA and GT and really anyone else. A local bar, Retriever's also did something similar and they would burn the UGA shirts in the parking lot. That part pissed a lot of people off, but I thought it was a great idea. Take pride in YOUR school!

pike51
September 30th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I can tell you this is true...some Eagles fan gave me a Mambo Gook teeshirt at a GSU game a few years back. I think he was trying to get with me.

Funny... I heard that story as well. Except the way he tells it, you offered it up to him in exchange for the shirt.

citdog
September 30th, 2013, 12:45 PM
T shirts on campus...........

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/citadel-5.jpg

GAD
September 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM
This has never really been a problem on our campus, most Southern people wear Southern gear
but I agree take pride in your school

Laker
September 30th, 2013, 11:54 PM
MSU-Mankato did that a few years ago- if you turned in a Gopher, St. Cloud State, UMD or UND shirt they would give you an MSU sweatshirt.

BEAR
October 1st, 2013, 09:16 AM
The talk around campus is that students are really ready to swap that pig stuff! Its created quite a buzz! Yeah other schools have done it before but its great to see it in person. I once saw a UCA professor walking down one of the sidewalks and a guy with a red pig shirt walked toward him. He, the professor, stopped the kid and asked if he had any UCA gear.. you know "his" school. The kid said no so the professor walked him into the bookstore and bought him a Bear shirt and threw away the red one. That guy now volunteers at the school. Its more than about being a fan of the athletic teams. Its about building that school pride and giving the kids a connection to something.

CassBison
October 1st, 2013, 11:09 AM

I found some NDSU gear down in New Orleans when I was there.

TUTigers
October 1st, 2013, 11:19 AM
Fun promotion. Towson did something similar a few years back. You could trade in a Univ. of Maryland shirt for a Towson one

marenlee
October 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM

xeekx Football Fanatics is based here in the Jacksonville area. They have tons of Bison stuff available on their website, I'm going to have to check out some of the stores to see if I get lucky.

Twentysix
October 1st, 2013, 11:31 AM

Awesome! I can't believe they sell any of it.

GAD
October 1st, 2013, 02:08 PM
You can usually find all kinds of gear on Bourbon street, they also have plenty of Montana and Montana state gear

BEAR
October 5th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Over 500 rags from other schools traded in for new UCA shirts....NICE! xthumbsupx Hey, it's 500 more people promoting and making the community they live in aware of FCS football!