PDA

View Full Version : SLC Week 5: Conference Evaluation

BEAR
September 30th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Let's evaluate our teams up to this point. I can see the conference like this so far:

SHSU - appears on track to win the SLC title again
.(yeah, there's that much space between the teams)
SELA- playing strong but here comes conference. Is QB healthy?
UCA- Not sure I'd place my Bears here for sure, too many injuries on defense, offense struggling too.
McNeese- might still swap UCA here. McNeese struggling. Big matchup this week vs. UCA.
SFA- Bipolar. Too many turnovers. Same story as last year.
NWST- Strong team but high level of competition and low level and I can't figure them out yet.
NICH- Close games vs. lower divisions.
Lamar - Played tough competition. Also will be figured out in SLC play.

Evaluation UCA:

Bye Week: Healing time.

Bears look to improve their offense with these two weeks off. Losing SR LB Justin Heard really hurt the team. Injuries hurt the defense also. Offense has got to sustain drives to give this defense a rest. Got to have a run game.

Next up: McNeese State.

If both teams play the way they have, then the cowboys will finally take that crusty bowl home and end the Bears 13 game winning streak at home. (Bound to happen sometime). Come get you some birthday cake Cowboys!

(note: I work Saturday until 2 p.m. so I miss out on the tailgating. xbawlingx Game time 3 p.m. )

McNeese75
September 30th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Your ranking is as good as any. Not sure I would leave SFA above anyone after that debacle this past weekend and I am not so sure McNeese is struggling. UNI was everything we expected them to be and what few breaks there were in that game seemed to go their way. I am not saying the outcome would have been different but it could have been a closer game.

I guess we will see who is struggling this Saturday xnodx

Sammy94
September 30th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Evaluation: SHSU

The good:
O-line young but very good, D-line and LB corps one of the best Sam has ever had, Flanders enough said.

The bad:
Secondary still gets beat and the missed tackles on defense are concerning. WRs are a question mark. Sam really hasn't had to throw the ball very much but speedy Torrance Williams has been a superstar when they do.

Next up: Bye , time to recharge the batteries and prepare for SLC play. This team is set up to make another deep run into the playoffs. They can be beat by a great passing or balanced attack offensive team but that team must also have a great defense that can stop one of the most prolific offenses in the FCS.

dystopiamembrane
September 30th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Sam Houston State 11-1 is how I see it.