PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 6

carney2
September 29th, 2013, 09:31 AM
So, now there are two teams in the Patriot League. Matchup in The Bronx this week will be for all the…well, actually it doesn’t count. Should be a heluva game, though.

Week 6 – October 5, 2013

LEHIGH @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Cornell

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

Bye: GEORGETOWN

Patriot League vs. OOC:

AAC 1-0
CAA 3-4
Ivy 4-5
Mountain West 0-1
NEC 4-5
Pioneer 2-1

Most Impressive Win of the Week:

LEHIGH 34, New Hampshire 27 – In the running for most impressive win of the year.

Most Disappointing Loss of the Week:

Sacred Heart 16, BUCKNELL 0 – A loss, yes, but not even a whimper?

Standings (Fordham counts):

Fordham 5-0, 0-0
Lehigh 4-0, 0-0
Holy Cross 2-3, 0-0
Bucknell 1-2, 0-0
Georgetown 1-4, 0-0
Lafayette 0-3, 0-0
Colgate 0-4, 0-0

Fordham
September 29th, 2013, 09:34 AM
I'll take a full PL sweep again!

bonarae
September 29th, 2013, 09:44 AM
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Cornell

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

ColgateTD
September 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Message to PL: Beware the ruminations of Dick Biddle during a bye week :)

dystopiamembrane
September 29th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Rankings:
1. Fordham
2. Lehigh
3. Holy Cross
4. Lafayette
5. Bucknell
6. Colgate
7. Georgetown

Predictions:
Fordham 41-31 Lehigh
Cornell 45-35 Colgate
Holy Cross 21-35 Harvard
Lafayette 17-7 Bucknell

Ivytalk
September 29th, 2013, 11:58 AM
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Cornell

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

I agree with these picks, although my "upset trigger finger" almost picked Lehigh.

Ivytalk
September 29th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Rankings:
1. Fordham
2. Lehigh
3. Holy Cross
4. Lafayette
5. Bucknell
6. Colgate
7. Georgetown

Predictions:
Fordham 41-31 Lehigh
Cornell 45-35 Colgate
Holy Cross 25-35 Harvard
Lafayette 17-7 Bucknell

Hey, dysto, on the Ivy Picks thread you only had HC scoring 21. What gives?

Sader87
September 29th, 2013, 12:24 PM

We get 4 more points due to it being Homecoming.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 29th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I agree with these picks, although my "upset trigger finger" almost picked Lehigh.

I'll be interested to see who the favorite is. I could see Lehigh being the betting favorite....

RichH2
September 29th, 2013, 12:38 PM
[QUOTE=ColgateTD;2018359]Message to PL: Beware the ruminations of Dick Biddle during a bye week

xrolleyesx Agree, Gate not as bad as they have appeared.Biddle will gets ducks in a row. Much depends on McCarney. D will never be good but week off may get them better. Do expect them to be contending during PL sched

DFW HOYA
September 29th, 2013, 01:16 PM
I've said Colgate and Holy Cross are underrated and continue to say so. If the Engineers slip, Colgate remains a major contender for the autobid.

On the other side of the ledger, while the prospect of a 1-10 finish and 30-40 point losses from this point forward are not a certainty for Georgetown, the extent of injuries are proving significant. Five starters were injured in the Princeton game alone.

Georgetown's combined record in Patriot play against its next three opponents is a meager 3-32 (.085). And yes, this was an 8-3 team two seasons ago.

dystopiamembrane
September 29th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Typo...fixed it. Good catch!

Sader87
September 29th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Rankings:
1. Fordham
2. Lehigh
3. Holy Cross
4. Lafayette
5. Bucknell
6. Colgate
7. Georgetown

Predictions:
Fordham 41-31 Lehigh
Cornell 45-35 Colgate
Holy Cross 21-35 Harvard
Lafayette 17-7 Bucknell

Completely without the use of statistics and viewed through royal purple lenses, I'd rank the teams right now thusly:

1. Fordham...but not the clear #1 many see them as.
2. Lehigh.....I'll say it again, LU beating UNH may be a better W than FU ovah the Owls.
3. Holy Cross....defense remains an issue in general but the frosh QB has brought back life
4. Lafayette....winless but that will change this week
5. Colgate....can't win if you can't stop anybody
6. Bucknell....can't win if you can't score
7. GTown....can't win if you don't give schollies

DFW HOYA
September 29th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Completely without the use of statistics and viewed through royal purple lenses, I'd rank the teams right now thusly:
7. GTown....can't win if you don't give schollies

Well, that's not on the horizon. Nor is that next 8-3 season.

Lehigh'98
September 29th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Unfortunately, this game against Fordham doesn't mean a whole lot for Lehigh's playoff chances. It's a game that should show who is in charge of the league.

Ivytalk
September 29th, 2013, 04:37 PM
We get 4 more points due to it being Homecoming.....

I'm sure Murph will post that HC-Dartmouth score on the locker room bulletin board this week to keep his kids focused. Fitton has been rude to Harvard over the years, if not downright inhospitable.

Sader87
September 29th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I'm sure Murph will post that HC-Dartmouth score on the locker room bulletin board this week to keep his kids focused. Fitton has been rude to Harvard over the years, if not downright inhospitable.

Wistah's Stasi-like police tactics ovah the last few years haven't helped matters.....

crusader11
September 29th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Fitton has been rude to Harvard over the years, if not downright inhospitable.

You still mad about that cold Dominoes pizza?

Tribal
September 29th, 2013, 05:26 PM
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Cornell

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

This looks good but Lehigh is more than primed to beat Fordham and I wouldn't call it an upset, either.

Skyhawk71
September 29th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Lehigh @ Fordham
Colgate @ Cornell
Harvard @ Holy Cross
Bucknell @ Lafayette

Ivytalk
September 29th, 2013, 06:38 PM
You still mad about that cold Dominoes pizza?

No, more about the cold reception we got in 2007, 2009, and 2011.

Engineer86
September 29th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Lehigh
Colgate
Harvard
Lafayette

CFBfan
September 29th, 2013, 06:53 PM
FU
Colgate
Ha-verd
Lafayette

crusader11
September 29th, 2013, 06:58 PM
No, more about the cold reception we got in 2007, 2009, and 2011.

Oh yeah, HC hasn't lost at home to Harvard since 2005.

On the flip side, haven't won in Cambridge since 2000.

Bogus Megapardus
September 29th, 2013, 07:23 PM
The only certainty in FCS football is that the Fordham Rams will complete the regular season undefeated.

RichH2
September 29th, 2013, 08:14 PM
The only certainty in FCS football is that the Fordham Rams will complete the regular season undefeated.
An apt counterpoint to Pards going 0-11, good one Bogiexrolleyesx

carney2
September 29th, 2013, 08:41 PM
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM – Going with the home team and the team with 4 years of scholarship players. It’s the year of the Ram.

COLGATE @ Cornell – Big Red’s “best QB in the Ivy League” will overwhelm a weak ‘gate D. Can the “best QB in the Patriot League” do the same?

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS – Jekyll and Hyde in purple are overmatched in this one.

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE – IF The Frankosaurus can suppress his basic instincts for a few hours this could be a romp. On the other hand,…

ngineer
September 29th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Mountain Hawks are starting to see Destiny. Rams seem be getting off on Morehead. Destiny strips it down to the 'basics' as the "Panda bear" puts one through the uprights as time expires, Lehigh 38-36.

Biddle has had two weeks for Red October, so this will be close. Gate has to start winning sometime, might as well be now. Raiders, 31-30

Haaavaaad brings the whole nine Yard to Fitton. What toppings do you want on that pie? Crimson, 34-21.

Will Bucknell's offense find it's way to Fisher Field. More likely to miss the exit ramp at 4th street and end up in "Pee-Burg" where it belongs. Leotards, 27-6.

PAllen
September 30th, 2013, 01:28 AM
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Cornell

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

I know it's early, but I've got a question about the autobid. If Lehigh beats Fordham and loses to say Colgate, and Fordham runs the table beating Colgate, who gets the autobid? I know Fordhams' out, but does their round robin win/loss count, or is it a simple head to head tie breaker between LU and Colgate?

Ivytalk
September 30th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Mountain Hawks are starting to see Destiny. Rams seem be getting off on Morehead. Destiny strips it down to the 'basics' as the "Panda bear" puts one through the uprights as time expires, Lehigh 38-36.

Biddle has had two weeks for Red October, so this will be close. Gate has to start winning sometime, might as well be now. Raiders, 31-30

Haaavaaad brings the whole nine Yard to Fitton. What toppings do you want on that pie? Crimson, 34-21.

Will Bucknell's offense find it's way to Fisher Field. More likely to miss the exit ramp at 4th street and end up in "Pee-Burg" where it belongs. Leotards, 27-6.

Destiny will be getting a workout! Hope she brought an extra pole or two.

TheValleyRaider
September 30th, 2013, 06:45 AM
I know it's early, but I've got a question about the autobid. If Lehigh beats Fordham and loses to say Colgate, and Fordham runs the table beating Colgate, who gets the autobid? I know Fordhams' out, but does their round robin win/loss count, or is it a simple head to head tie breaker between LU and Colgate?

Fordham's games do not count in the League standings at all, so if there's a tie between two schools (not including the Rams), their head-to-head matchup is what matters

dystopiamembrane
September 30th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Lehigh 10-1 and the auto-bid is how I see it.

Lehigh'98
September 30th, 2013, 09:01 AM

They can finish 10-1 and not get the auto. In which case, we should fairly easily get an at large with a W over UNH & Fordham.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2013, 09:01 AM

I can live with that, but 11-0 is better :D

CFBfan
September 30th, 2013, 09:09 AM
They can finish 10-1 and not get the auto. In which case, we should fairly easily get an at large with a W over UNH & Fordham.

I think that it's safe to assume that if LU goes 10 - 1 the only loss would be to FU thereby securing the autobid.

RichH2
September 30th, 2013, 09:11 AM

xbowx From your mouth to God's ear.Given inherent inconsistency of such a young team, it certainly is nowhere near a sure thing. LU has a hisory of WTF games.Lately we have survived most ( ahhh Gate:(), Fordham will be another severe test. A winning season is virtually assured,absent a raft of injuries, nothing more.

JimboCBA72
September 30th, 2013, 10:15 AM
So, now there are two teams in the Patriot League. Matchup in The Bronx this week will be for all the…well, actually it doesn’t count. Should be a heluva game, though.

Week 6 – October 5, 2013

LEHIGH @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Cornell

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

Bye: GEORGETOWN

Patriot League vs. OOC:

AAC 1-0
CAA 2-4
Ivy 4-5
Mountain West 0-1
NEC 4-5
Pioneer 2-1

Most Impressive Win of the Week:

LEHIGH 34, New Hampshire 27 – In the running for most impressive win of the year.

Most Disappointing Loss of the Week:

Sacred Heart 16, BUCKNELL 0 – A loss, yes, but not even a whimper?

Standings (Fordham counts):

Fordham 5-0, 0-0
Lehigh 4-0, 0-0
Holy Cross 2-3, 0-0
Bucknell 1-2, 0-0
Georgetown 1-4, 0-0
Lafayette 0-3, 0-0
Colgate 0-4, 0-0

With LU win vs UNH on Sat. shouldn't that be 3-4 vs CAA?

Bogus Megapardus
September 30th, 2013, 10:16 AM
The last time Bucknell traveled to Easton . . .

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8585/qek7.png

Bill
September 30th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I'm 19-10 so far...

Lehigh @ FORDHAM

Colgate @ CORNELL

HARVARD @ Holy Cross

Bucknell @ LAFAYETTE

Ivytalk
September 30th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Oh yeah, HC hasn't lost at home to Harvard since 2005.

On the flip side, haven't won in Cambridge since 2000.

Exactly my point. Harvard can't take HC for granted, particularly where it's your homecoming game and the players want to get laid after a big win.:p

van
September 30th, 2013, 05:06 PM
LEHIGH, Rams should be favored at home, but Engineers D is improving somehow
Cornell, Gate in disarray, McC does not look 100%
Harvard, too many weapons
LAFAYETTE, Bison lost without QB

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I don't think homefield is going to matter much. The crowd should be pretty close to 50/50 imo. Lehigh has always traveled well to the Bronx, ala Bucknell.

TheValleyRaider
September 30th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Rough time of it last week at 2-3, but I'm happy to take 2 of those 3. 15-14 so far as the calendar flips to October and the conference schedule begins

Lehigh at Fordham Fordham The early nominee for PL Game of the Year. I've been critical of the Hawks' penchant for escapes so far this season, so to see their performance against UNH was very impressive, and vaults them into the conversation with Fordham for best team in the League this year. While there isn't much tangible on the line this week, this is a great opportunity for both sides to put serious visions of an unbeaten campaign into focus. I'm expecting an offensive show, not quite Big XII-esque (or is that now SEC-esque?), as both teams have serious talent on that side of the ball. At the end of the day though, I'm taking the Rams. Why? Well, for Fordham, this is a chance for a real statement. After being shunted aside by the League (temporarily), the Rams now have a chance, at home, to stick it to the pre-emptive favorite, the best program in the League over the last 3 seasons (coinciding with Fordham's pseudo-exile), one that has regularly beaten the Rams. That's a pretty powerful chance to send a message, and one the Rams get late.

Colgate at Cornell Colgate Things that make me feel better about this game: SUNY-Ithaca also took it on the chin against Yale, so common opponents look reasonable; Biddle's had a bye to sort some things out, which usually leads to a boost in performance; last big chance for a win before league play starts. Ithaca isn't exactly an intimidating road trip, and there is still plenty to prep for on the line. I hate it when we lose to Big Red's mediocre program, and if we are going to win one OOC game this year, this is the one, the worst non-PL team we play. Better dead than Red.

Harvard at Holy Cross Holy Cross Is HC this year's Lafayette? A virtually unpredictable team (for me at least)? Perhaps, although there is hope on the hill that this new freshman is the QB they have been waiting for since you know who. Is he? Well, what better way to find out then against one of the premier Ivies? I can't say I knew about the Saders' recent success against the Crimson in Worcester, so just one more reason to throw caution to the wind, and go homer on the pick this week. I will not be in the least bit surprised if this prediction looks foolish by Saturday night.

Bucknell at Lafayette Lafayette Stark contrast to the first game this week, on several levels. One thing this game has going for it: Fisher Field is a nicer stadium than Coffey. After that, pretty much the opposite. Tough defenses with struggling offenses? Looks like a recipe for a tight struggle, marked by turnovers and a close finish. The difference? Lafayette managed to score against Sacred Heart. On the road, too. Otherwise, I got nothing. Expect the unexpected, as always

TheValleyRaider
September 30th, 2013, 06:03 PM

Really, it's all part of the PL's long-standing plan to put 3 teams in the postseason. Good job everyone for playing along with the "will they/won't they" over scholarships. Now, who wins the lottery to join the big 2.... xreadx xrotatehx

van
September 30th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Really, it's all part of the PL's long-standing plan to put 3 teams in the postseason. Good job everyone for playing along with the "will they/won't they" over scholarships. Now, who wins the lottery to join the big 2.... xreadx xrotatehx

no one, this year at least, maybe next year if OOC schedule strength improves

van
September 30th, 2013, 06:32 PM

OH, and wouldn't that spin CitCur up?

Bogus Megapardus
September 30th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Bucknell at Lafayette - Let's save the worst for first. These two teams are ancient rivals but for what purpose here? If the Patsy League is supposed to take two steps backwards before it tiptoes into the realm of Real Scholarship Football, then this game ought to be the lodestone for critical analysis. The Pards have no coherent strategy to move the ball, an offensive line that couldn't punch a hole through a wet piece of toilet paper and a defensive front that might have to look to the pep band for players because it has run out of freshmen to sacrifice. And those are just the good points. What about the Doctors? They've lost the last two by a combined 61-13 after squeaking past Marist. The Annoying Orange used to have a decent secondary but that's like saying that Holy Cross used to be a contender - what have you done lately? Let's hope that all the TV cameras shut down for lack of interest in this battle of attrition. Either that or pray for snow. Lafayette 10-6

Colgate at Cornell - Big Red whacked Bucknell but lost to Yale in depressing fashion. In contrast, the fewest number of points that the Bick Diddlers have given up this season is thirty seven. That's not a defense; that's a leaky scow listing helplessly in the Cayuga. What sets this game apart is these challengers' bid for relevancy in the shadow of Syracuse domination of Central New York football. Colgate clings bitterly to such aspiration; Cornell does not. Colgate 31-24

Lehigh at Fordham - I watched Lehigh; yes I did. And I read all the AGS dispatches about Lehigh wonderfulness and deservedness. But the Comeback Comedians simply cannot and will not contain Fordham's Carlton Koonce-led rushing attack or manage the Rams' block-of-granite offensive line. Lehigh has a good team and it is well-coached. As comparatively impressive as the Brownie Bunch have been, though, the Rams still will run the table this season. Fordham 35-24

Harvard at Holy Cross - The Crimson think they're playing quidditch: their roster actually lists each player's Rowlingesque "house affiliation." Junior QB Conner Hempel plays for "Pforzheimer House" while his favorite target, sophomore WR Andrew Fischer, plays for "Eliot House." I wonder if their underpants are striped in monogrammed schoolboy repp to signify their affiliation. That whole Harry Potter thing is reason enough to wish ill fate upon the Cantabs. I watched a good deal of the Harvard/San Diego game. San Diego held its own for much of the game before collapsing to superior depth. I also saw HC's freshman quarterback squeak by the Keggers in a game no one deserved to win. My PL homer loyalty would love to see the Infidels tough this one out for the home crowd. My better sense tells me that the Potters will control the Quaffle for the victory. Harvard 28-21

BluBengal07
September 30th, 2013, 07:15 PM
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Cornell

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

TheValleyRaider
September 30th, 2013, 07:26 PM

Lehigh beats Fordham, Rams run the table, Lehigh loses to one of the five dwarves who loses no more than 1 league game the rest of the way

In a 24-team field, can you deny 10-1 Lehigh, 10-1 Fordham, and no-seriously-you-have-to-take-this-team PL auto-bid?

carney2
September 30th, 2013, 07:29 PM
With LU win vs UNH on Sat. shouldn't that be 3-4 vs CAA?

You are correct. Apologies to all. Just for the record:

BUCkNELL - No games vs. CAA

COLGATE - vs. Albany L 34-37; vs. UNH L 23-53

FORDHAM - vs. URI W 51-26; vs. Villanova W 27-24

GEORGETOWN - No games vs. CAA

HOLY CROSS - vs. Towson L 7-49

LAFAYETTE - vs. W&M L 6-34

LEHIGH - vs. UNH W 34-27

The correction to the opriginal post has been made.

Engineer86
September 30th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Lehigh beats Fordham, Rams run the table, Lehigh loses to one of the five dwarves who loses no more than 1 league game the rest of the way

In a 24-team field, can you deny 10-1 Lehigh, 10-1 Fordham, and no-seriously-you-have-to-take-this-team PL auto-bid?

I would love to see this just to see the howling that would go on in this board. A Lehigh win this week is just step one and less than likely, but given our propensity to not play full games a loss to another of the five is a real possibility.

TheValleyRaider
September 30th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I would love to see this just to see the howling that would go on in this board. A Lehigh win this week is just step one and less than likely, but given our propensity to not play full games a loss to another of the five is a real possibility.

I suppose it would be hard to gloat given this place would probably just collapse xlolx

I'm not really suggesting it's probable, but with the expansion of the 24-team field, I don't think it's unlikely given that very specific set of circumstances. It might be better if said autobid got to 8-3 (looking at...Holy Cross?)

crusader11
September 30th, 2013, 08:10 PM

That really would be something. I'd love to see it.

DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2013, 10:41 PM

Of course you can, it's the Patriot League. One-bid leagues generally do not win favors on the committee.

Go...gate
September 30th, 2013, 11:44 PM
The PL has not always been a one-bid league.

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2013, 01:20 AM
The PL has not always been a one-bid league.

That is correct. I recall when we were a no-bid league.

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2013, 01:40 AM

Under this scenario, Lafayette would have to lose to Lehigh. Since that will not happen, the best Lehigh can do would be 9-2.

Sader87
October 1st, 2013, 09:06 AM
Homecoming game this weekend. The MVP of the HC Homecoming game is awarded the "Johnny Turco Award." He was a tremendous HC football player in the early 50s.

http://www.goholycross.com/hallfame/John_B._Turco

Some past non-HC winners of this award include Rich Diana (Yale 1981) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (Harvard 2004).

Just a little HC/PL history to pass the time.....do other PL schools give out specific Homecoming game awards?

crusader11
October 1st, 2013, 10:28 AM
Y'all ain't ready for Peter Football and what he's going to do in the PL!

ColgateTD
October 1st, 2013, 10:46 AM
Fordham
Harvard
Lafayette
Colgate - Can't believe the Biddlemen would go another Saturday without a W. Rehearsal time for PL play.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM

Nah, the playoff committee wouldn't deny a PL team with 10 Division I wins. Oh, wait....

It seems like whenever the rules appear to be in place, they change. The only way to guarantee a spot is to run the table. With Fordham, though, with an FBS win, I think they they have more fudge room than Lehigh does.

Lehigh'98
October 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Holy Cross is the team that scares me the most this year. They have played some decent football, have a sound coach and they usually play pretty tough at Goodman. Will be interested to see how they do with Harvard this week.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2013, 11:50 AM
Holy Cross is the team that scares me the most this year. They have played some decent football, have a sound coach and they usually play pretty tough at Goodman. Will be interested to see how they do with Harvard this week.

Agreed. And they're getting better every week, giving their frosh a boatload of experience.

LUHawker
October 1st, 2013, 12:31 PM

Holy Cross has been a pretender since Randolph graduated and may be a pretender again this year. They defeated Dartmouth and CCSU. Before everyone jumps up and down and says, well they easily defeated CCSU and Lehigh needed 2OT to beat the Blue Devils, let's keep in mind that that game was Lehigh's first game, with a very new team and a new QB; it took a half to get going. I grant you that HC plays Lehigh well, but I'm not seeing the Crusaders as legit just yet.

RichH2
October 1st, 2013, 02:31 PM
Pujols will give them some athleticism and running. Their frosh have some speed. D,well coached ,as always,but still slow everywhere. Close for a half but a solid win for LU,with the caveatthat we dont have a WTF game.

Pard4Life
October 1st, 2013, 06:55 PM

Give me a break! Are you afraid of your own shadow too?

Pard4Life
October 1st, 2013, 07:04 PM
Game of the Century: Lehigh 141, Fordham 17 (prime numbers rule), may as well be Lafayette - Princeton score

Colgate 34, SUNY-Ithaca 30 It's a SUNY school get it right folks!

Johns 69, Holy Hyprocites who kill for converts 13. Sader 87 has skipped every season since 1987 you know.

Lafayette 14, Bison 10. Who said the Toilet Bowl was a mythical game?

Pard4Life
October 1st, 2013, 07:09 PM
Lehigh is going 11-0 or 10-1. Who will stop them?

Pard4Life
October 1st, 2013, 07:16 PM
I'm so gosh darn confident in the rest of the season I'll just do my picks now.

Lafayette 14, Bison 10

Princeton 42, Lafayette 21

Harvard 35, Lafayette 17

Lafayette 28, Holy Cross 21

Lafayette 24, Georgetown 10

Colgate 38, Lafayette 31

Fordham 52, Lafayette 24

Lehigh 41, Lafayette 20

Do I get a discount?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2013, 07:33 PM
Lehigh is going 11-0 or 10-1. Who will stop them?

Fordham, HC and Lafayette will be the toughest games. Injuries are always the variable. Assuming injuries aren't a concern anything less than 9-2 would seem like a disappointment imo.

Lehigh'98
October 1st, 2013, 07:59 PM
Game of the Century: Lehigh 141, Fordham 17 (prime numbers rule), may as well be Lafayette - Princeton score

Johns 69, Holy Hyprocites who kill for converts 13. Sader 87 has skipped every season since 1987 you know.

Four dumb Rams - 99 Mountain Squaks - 5. Lehigh has zero chance P4L, but I appreciate ur support.

Dark Red - 37 Big Red - 35. Shootout

HC - 51. Haaavahd- 0. Upset of the week.

Pards -63. Bison - 55. Offense offense offense and special teams.

RichH2
October 1st, 2013, 08:24 PM
Lots of wins and losses beng counted. Too much season left to ethrone anyone. If this and if that, yup LU could be 11-0,10-1.Why? Well we won all these games (4-0). The thing about young teams, past games are not predictive. They only show how well or poorly a team has progressed ,not that youth wont rear its ugly head and throw in a WTF game.If this squad were mostly seniors and juniors well perhaps not,but we are very young. I dont want o count on Biddle not righting Gate's ship by PL schedule..Given our history this year just as likely every gae will be an adventure.

Sader87
October 1st, 2013, 08:27 PM

'

Untrue...if there is one tilt I've attended nearly annually since I was begrudgingly handed a diploma from Fr Brooks, it's been the yearly contest against the Cantabs. xrotatehx

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM
I'm so gosh darn confident in the rest of the season I'll just do my picks now.

Lafayette 14, Bison 10

Princeton 42, Lafayette 21

Harvard 35, Lafayette 17

Lafayette 28, Holy Cross 21

Lafayette 24, Georgetown 10

Colgate 38, Lafayette 31

Fordham 52, Lafayette 24

Lehigh 41, Lafayette 20

Do I get a discount?

We're gonna beat Lehigh this year, P4L. Yes we are. Otherwise I agree with you.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
Obviously carney forgot to lock up the cabinet with the cough syrup again.

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2013, 09:57 PM
Obviously carney forgot to lock up the cabinet with the cough syrup again.

I find that its a good mixer for cheap bourbon. It's best to keep plenty on hand.

RichH2
October 1st, 2013, 10:58 PM
I find that its a good mixer for cheap bourbon. It's best to keep plenty on hand.

Do you prefer the aged in bottle Nyquil or are you a hardline Robitussin guy?

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2013, 11:02 PM
Do you prefer the aged in bottle Nyquil or are you a hardline Robitussin guy?

If we jump the shark vs. Bucknell I'm going for the prescription stuff.

ngineer
October 1st, 2013, 11:05 PM
Lots of wins and losses beng counted. Too much season left to ethrone anyone. If this and if that, yup LU could be 11-0,10-1.Why? Well we won all these games (4-0). The thing about young teams, past games are not predictive. They only show how well or poorly a team has progressed ,not that youth wont rear its ugly head and throw in a WTF game.If this squad were mostly seniors and juniors well perhaps not,but we are very young. I dont want o count on Biddle not righting Gate's ship by PL schedule..Given our history this year just as likely every gae will be an adventure.

Very true. One hopes for improvement each week, but we all know that the 'youts' can be distracted and stumble. Fingers crossed on injuries as well.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2013, 11:08 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have made a joke about cough syrup with so many Lafayette fans already on the brink of needing cheap bourbon (with Robitussin) in order to get through each game. My apologies.

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2013, 11:21 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have made a joke about cough syrup with so many Lafayette fans already on the brink of needing cheap bourbon (with Robitussin) in order to get through each game. My apologies.

Yeah, and if it keeps up I think more than a few lobotomies will be in order.

Now, someone had better come back with a Dorothy Parker quote just to keep this thread rolling. :)

Ivytalk
October 2nd, 2013, 05:36 AM
Yeah, and if it keeps up I think more than a few lobotomies will be in order.

Now, someone had better come back with a Dorothy Parker quote just to keep this thread rolling. :)

If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. -- D. Parker

You're welcome!:D

RamRay
October 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM -Too close to call of two really good teams, great game but the home team by 1

COLGATE @ Cornell -Cornell is decent this year, but I will be rootin' for the Raiders

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS -Crimson over the Purple

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE -Tough time in Lewisberg this year

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
17-12 Overall, YUCK!

Lafayette 21 Bucknell 6 - The Bison's offense is as bad as you will find at this level. The 'Pards should be able to scrape out enough scoring drive against the Bison.

Harvard 35 Holy Cross 24 - HC has shown some promise this year but the Crimson are too tough, even at Fitton.

Cornell 37 Colgate 27 - I don't see anyway Colgate stops Matthews enough times to win this game.

Lehigh 34 Fordham 24 - The Lehigh defense is improving by the day. Fordham gets their yards but doesn't find the endzone enough times.

carney2
October 2nd, 2013, 01:38 PM
do other PL schools give out specific Homecoming game awards?

At Lafayette there's the Brewskie. Every alum grabs a cold Yuengling (Dick Yuengling is a Lafayette grad) on those rare occasions that the Pards win. Most years however, it's grumble your way back to the car and hurry home to kick the dog.

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
The Lafayette-Bucknell game MVP gets the McCaughney award... it just happens to be our Homecoming game this year, so yes, there will be an trophy.

LUHawker
October 2nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
Every alum grabs a cold Yuengling (Dick Yuengling is a Lafayette grad)

You sure about this one Carney? Two of Dick's daughters went to Lehigh and one went to Bucknell and Dick himself only spent a year at Lycoming College. Unless he has some sort of honorary degree (aren't they all from Lafayette), I think you're perpetrating some urban legend here.

Bogus Megapardus
October 2nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
You sure about this one Carney? Two of Dick's daughters went to Lehigh and one went to Bucknell and Dick himself only spent a year at Lycoming College. Unless he has some sort of honorary degree (aren't they all from Lafayette), I think you're perpetrating some urban legend here.

I remember that there was a Yuengling at Lafayette when I was there.

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2013, 06:14 PM
The biggest news since... the Moon landing?!?

From Paul Reinhard:
"Bucknell will load up in the box and dare a team to go over the top. Lafayette Coach Frank Tavani is well aware of that and should be prepared to take whatever the Bison will give him on Saturday."

From Tavani:
"That's difficult to go in there and try to run the ball. You have to throw the ball, that's not that hard to figure out; but you have to complete it when you throw."

xcoffeex xeekx xeekx xawesomex xlovex xcloud9x xhighfivex xdizzyx

Leopard Loyalist
October 2nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM
COLGATE @ Cornell
Harvard @ HOLY CROSS
BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

I don't think anybody has picked Bucknell. Not even a despondent resident of Pardville. This could be a bad sign.

PAllen
October 2nd, 2013, 07:55 PM
I remember that there was a Yuengling at Lafayette when I was there.

Was it in a bottle or can?

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2013, 07:57 PM
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM
COLGATE @ Cornell
Harvard @ HOLY CROSS
BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

I don't think anybody has picked Bucknell. Not even a despondent resident of Pardville. This could be a bad sign.

Even the Frankosaur can beat Bucknell... and the forecast is 80 and no snow.

LehighU11
October 2nd, 2013, 08:36 PM
The last time Bucknell traveled to Easton . . .

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8585/qek7.png

That was also the last Patriot League win for the Buffalo Chips. Unless there is another freak snowstorm this weekend, I'm picking Lafayette to win this one.

Lehigh @ Fordham. The last time the Rams beat Lehigh, they won the PL title in 2007. Same story this year, except no title (officially). 24-34.
Colgate @ Cornell. SUNY-Ithaca rolled Bucknell despite their inability to run the ball. 'Gate has no D. Going with the home team. 31-45.
Harvard @ Holy Cross. Balanced Crimson O led to a solid win against Brown. Crusaders remain a question mark heading into PL play. 38-24.
Bucknell @ Lafayette. The Buffalo Chips have an horrendous offense. Fortunately, their highly ranked rushing D matches up well against the Pards with Tavani's "4 Commandments" offense: Run, Run, Pass, Punt. 4-6.

blackbeard
October 2nd, 2013, 09:26 PM
Fordham Luck runs out this week for Lehigh
Cornell Gate in a steep slide since their playoff loss last season
Harvard Just too much for HC
Lafayette Pards take this one by 14-17

ngineer
October 2nd, 2013, 10:03 PM

That is correct. Dick Yuengling was interviewed in the Morning Call a month or two ago and it noted he was not a college graduate.......so maybe he did go to Laughyette.

Bogus Megapardus
October 2nd, 2013, 11:52 PM
If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. -- D. Parker

You're welcome!:D

An excellent and pertinent Dorothy Parker quote, IvyTalk. I'm a long time admirer of Ms. Parker's witticism and clever word-play. I see that your good taste extends there as well.

The particularly apt Parker quote that I had in mind (which not one of my esteemed Patriot colleagues managed to cite) is, "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

RichH2
October 3rd, 2013, 08:44 AM
Pards close over Bison neither are as bad as they seem
Gate over Nell I'mguessing McCarney fit. Matthews will light up Gate but Nell D e en worse than Gate's
Harvard over Cross Expect Cross tokeep it competitive for a while
Fordham over LU Rams have a bit better D. LU will score but dont see us bottling up Koonce all day. Many have been noting Rams' 4 schollie classes but we already beat ateam with that many and more. Difference now is FU has a very good QB and a real HC. Certainly a winnable game for LU but issue is will we play 60 minutes like last week limiting mistakes well enuf to outlast Fordham. The answer may be in how much better their D is than UNH. On paper it seems a good bit more accomplished.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
Completely mystified by the Lafayette/Bucknell matchup, but I'm leaning Lafayette because I can at least envision Lafayette scoring some points.

RichH2
October 3rd, 2013, 09:18 AM
Agree,I have no clue what teams will show up for Pards-Bisons. Wesley back? BU has a very long injury list. Pards sofar unable to get out of their own way. Both Ds are good. My guess is it will boil down to whether Pards can put a QB on the field who can pass competently

Sader87
October 3rd, 2013, 10:54 AM
Thursday....after countless hours of research, statistical analysis and computer simulations:

Fordham 27 Lehigh 23 Tempted to go with the Engineers here but this seems to be the Rams year and the game is in Da Bronx.

Colgate 38 Cornell 35 The HAL-9000 disagrees with me here but I just can't picture Gate starting 0-5.

Lafayette 3 Bucknell 2 The Pards win the contest, which sets football back 100 years, with a game-ending drop-kick.

HC 30 Harvard 24 The HAL-9000 would cut off my oxygen supply in the lab if he knew this was my pick. Heart over head here....and it's Homecoming.

CFBfan
October 3rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Thursday....after countless hours of research, statistical analysis and computer simulations:

Fordham 27 Lehigh 23 Tempted to go with the Engineers here but this seems to be the Rams year and the game is in Da Bronx.

Colgate 38 Cornell 35 The HAL-9000 disagrees with me here but I just can't picture Gate starting 0-5.

Lafayette 3 Bucknell 2 The Pards win the contest, which sets football back 100 years, with a game-ending drop-kick.

HC 30 Harvard 24 The HAL-9000 would cut off my oxygen supply in the lab if he knew this was my pick. Heart over head here....and it's Homecoming.

sader i always enjoy your pics, good luck with homecoming

Kramer
October 3rd, 2013, 11:13 AM
Lehigh - should be a good game either way, picking with my heart
'Gate - agree with Sader, I can't see the Raiders starting 0-5
Harvard - I'm not sold on the men in purple just yet
Lafayette - Easton Junior College is not good at all, but Bucknell's offense is just awful. This will be one of the Pards two PL victories (and no, the second one is NOT Lehigh).

PAllen
October 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM - This game will live up to its billing. Lehigh's D is improving, but can they keep it up? For Fordham, that Temple win looks less impressive every week so they don't exactly look like world beaters anymore.

COLGATE @ Cornell The start of Colgate's run through the rest of the season. They will pick up one more loss, but this won't be it.

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS This could get ugly real quick.

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE This one already is ugly. Like watching a second grade spelling bee when your kid isn't there.

Bye: GEORGETOWN Anything to stop the bleeding

crusader11
October 3rd, 2013, 12:08 PM
3-2 last week and 18-11 on the year...

We enter league play...kinda.

LEHIGH @ FORDHAM -- Only because it's in the BX. Lehigh made believers out of me last week. Their offense (hat tip to you Dave C) may be the best in the Patriot League, but Fordham takes it at home. Side note: Cecchini has to be a candidate for head coaching positions after this season, right?

COLGATE @ Cornell -- What a disappointment the 'gate has been this season. Don't see them getting into the win column this weekend going up against a good offense in Big Red.

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS -- HC hasn't lost to Harvard at Fitton since 2005. Under Peter "Football" Pujals, that trend continues.

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE -- I pity all who make it out to Fisher for this one. In a battle of inept offenses, I'll take Bucknell.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
All I can say is I'm glad Pujals didn't choose Lafayette. I am also happy Michael Nebrich didn't transfer to Lafayette. I can only imagine how good the Leopards would be with either QB.

RichH2
October 3rd, 2013, 12:24 PM
True enuf,dont forget tho we also offered Pujols.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2013, 12:26 PM
The St Francis RB was the best I've seen a while and almost put up 300 yds on us. He's from Easton. How did he NOT become a Pard or Engineer?

Sader87
October 3rd, 2013, 12:31 PM
True enuf,dont forget tho we also offered Pujols.

Thankfully, he made the right and intelligent decision......xnodx

LUHawker
October 3rd, 2013, 12:40 PM
The St Francis RB was the best I've seen a while and almost put up 300 yds on us. He's from Easton. How did he NOT become a Pard or Engineer?

My guess is the AI.

RichH2
October 3rd, 2013, 12:40 PM

Academics.

DFW HOYA
October 3rd, 2013, 12:43 PM
Bye: GEORGETOWN Anything to stop the bleeding

Not likely. Next three games:

Fordham (2-16 vs. Rams since 1983)
at Lehigh (0-12 vs. Engineers since 2001)
Colgate (1-9 vs. Red Raiders since 2001)

The larger concern is that much of the real talent on the team are seniors.

Franks Tanks
October 3rd, 2013, 01:02 PM

What about Chappy Wingo? What a terrible name by the way.

He is the son of ESPN's Trey Wingo, and they talked bout him and Trey and Georgetown football briefly the other day.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
I like the fact that Lehigh is once again the underdog this weekend. They seem to play better when there's a chip on their shoulder. I really think the defense is going to have a solid week. Nebrich is not a great passer but is a dangerous runner. Koonce is good but I don't think he can beat LU by himself. The key will be stalling out the FU drives.

ngineer
October 3rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
3-2 last week and 18-11 on the year...

We enter league play...kinda.

LEHIGH @ FORDHAM -- Only because it's in the BX. Lehigh made believers out of me last week. Their offense (hat tip to you Dave C) may be the best in the Patriot League, but Fordham takes it at home. Side note: Cecchini has to be a candidate for head coaching positions after this season, right?COLGATE @ Cornell -- What a disappointment the 'gate has been this season. Don't see them getting into the win column this weekend going up against a good offense in Big Red.

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS -- HC hasn't lost to Harvard at Fitton since 2005. Under Peter "Football" Pujals, that trend continues.

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE -- I pity all who make it out to Fisher for this one. In a battle of inept offenses, I'll take Bucknell.

He's been on a couple "short lists" over the past couple years. I know he interviewed with a couple Ivy schools, Yale? and maybe another. The consensus is that he could also be Lehigh's next HC if Coen decides to go to 'greener' pastures. He supposedly was approached by some schools last year, but decided against pursuing. Both men have families with young kids and the Lehigh Valley is a great place to raise a family. So unless it is "the right" opportunity, both could still be with us next year, but as is typical at schools at our level, you know 'change' usually comes unless you have someone who is content and not eyeing the 'brighter lights'.

Franks Tanks
October 3rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
All I can say is I'm glad Pujals didn't choose Lafayette. I am also happy Michael Nebrich didn't transfer to Lafayette. I can only imagine how good the Leopards would be with either QB.

Would it have mattered? Shoop had a cannon (perhaps the best arm in the PL since Skelton), and we couldn't do anything with him. His decision making never really improved. We blamed it on him. Now our next guy who is supposed to be good is showing all the same issues with decision making (holding into the ball forever, throwing to the wrong guy or getting the ball to the right guy too late). Who excatly is to blame here?

ngineer
October 3rd, 2013, 01:09 PM

Admissions office has final say.

DFW HOYA
October 3rd, 2013, 01:57 PM

He is the son of ESPN's Trey Wingo, and they talked bout him and Trey and Georgetown football briefly the other day.

Full name is Hal Chapman Wingo IV. His father is Hal III, hence, Trey.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2013, 02:01 PM
there's a chip on their shoulder.

That's not a chip.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
That's not a chip.

It's more like a "spot". Likely from slinging dead leopards over their shoulders year after year....

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2013, 02:11 PM
Would it have mattered? Shoop had a cannon (perhaps the best arm in the PL since Skelton), and we couldn't do anything with him. His decision making never really improved. We blamed it on him. Now our next guy who is supposed to be good is showing all the same issues with decision making (holding into the ball forever, throwing to the wrong guy or getting the ball to the right guy too late). Who excatly is to blame here?

Rob Curley had a noodle for an arm by comparison to Skelton or Shoop but Curley always managed to float the ball down just at the right spot. It *seems* as if Curley made terrific decisions but maybe he just had a better OL and more time in which to make those decisions.

jdb037
October 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM -- Lehigh's O is firing on all cylinders. Fordham's D will get blitzed at home after weak competition two weeks in a row

COLGATE @ Cornell -- Cornell is trash even with Matthews back there. McCarney comes out of the bye week right where he left off against Yale but this time leads his team to their first win of the year

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS -- Sure. Riding high after the win in Hanover

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE -- Whatever

JimboCBA72
October 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
I like the fact that Lehigh is once again the underdog this weekend. They seem to play better when there's a chip on their shoulder. I really think the defense is going to have a solid week. Nebrich is not a great passer but is a dangerous runner. Koonce is good but I don't think he can beat LU by himself. The key will be stalling out the FU drives.

Nebrich is completing 74% of his passes, with 12TDs, I int (off a perfectly thrown pass that was bobbled three times by the receiver before being picked), 1377 yds and and efficiency rating of 161.3. How do you define a great passer?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2013, 02:23 PM
Nebrich is completing 74% of his passes, with 12TDs, I int (off a perfectly thrown pass that was bobbled three times by the receiver before being picked), 1377 yds and and efficiency rating of 161.3. How do you define a great passer?

A lot of his success has come on creating pays because of his legs. At least against Temple that's what he did. He knows how to attack defenses when the coverage breaks down. I don't believe he's a great "pocket" passer.

JimboCBA72
October 3rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
A lot of his success has come on creating pays because of his legs. At least against Temple that's what he did. He knows how to attack defenses when the coverage breaks down. I don't believe he's a great "pocket" passer.

I have seen every game this year and he has completed more than his fair share of passes while standing in the pocket. But you're right...his mobility is what makes him a headache to defend. I will take his production over being a 'pocket' passer any day of the week.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2013, 02:59 PM
I fear Fordham's QB. That's all I need to say about that.

RichH2
October 3rd, 2013, 03:07 PM
137 has a good point on FU D not being at game speed after 2 weeks of weak teams. Ram QB could do a McCarney on us however with his mobility. Pregame nit picking has commenced. We have not done well defending a running QB who can pass.

Doc QB
October 3rd, 2013, 03:27 PM

I saw him play and think he is VERY good. We will have our hands full with him and their spread attack for sure. Will make plays scrambling like the UNH QB did, specifically those third and earth plays he kept scrambling for 1st downs while the Lehigh D was downfield. And he has a much more solid arm and pass game sense for sure.

PAllen
October 3rd, 2013, 04:18 PM

Thus the bye week stops the bleeding (at least for now). But heh, if you guys can figure out a way to record a loss during your bye week, more power to you. :)

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
I fear Fordham's QB. That's all I need to say about that.

I fear our head coach.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Week 6 Sportsbook:

Fordham (-9˝) vs Lehigh o/u 67˝

Cornell (-9) vs Colgate o/u 78˝

Harvard (-14˝) at Holy Cross o/u 57˝

Princeton (-22˝) vs Columbia o/u 48˝

Penn (-1˝) vs Dartmouth o/u 51

Lafayette (-7˝) vs Bucknell o/u 35˝

Cal Poly (-22˝) vs Yale o/u 49˝

Brown (-10˝) vs Rhode Island o/u 36

Sandlapper Spike
October 3rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
Fordham
Colgate
Harvard
Lafayette

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
Week 6 Sportsbook:

Fordham (-9˝) vs Lehigh o/u 67˝

Cornell (-9) vs Colgate o/u 78˝

Harvard (-14˝) at Holy Cross o/u 57˝

Princeton (-22˝) vs Columbia o/u 48˝

Penn (-1˝) vs Dartmouth o/u 51

Lafayette (-7˝) vs Bucknell o/u 35˝

Cal Poly (-22˝) vs Yale o/u 49˝

Brown (-10˝) vs Rhode Island o/u 36

Take the Pards, under.

Southsider
October 3rd, 2013, 07:38 PM

Trey worked for Channel 69/Lehigh Valley years ago...........just throwing that out there.........

ngineer
October 3rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
Take the Pards, under.

Definitely take Lehigh and the 9.5. Plus the over/under should be closer to 80.

CFBfan
October 4th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Definitely take Lehigh and the 9.5. Plus the over/under should be closer to 80.

FU wins by more than 10...bank it!

ngineer
October 4th, 2013, 08:14 AM

Nothing is bankable in college football...especially at this level. There will be a lot of mayhem in the polls this week.

carney2
October 4th, 2013, 08:20 AM

Good question. Quarterback was supposed to be one of the real strengths of this team going into the year with supposedly two "can't miss" guys. So far we've seen "below average." One factor may be that the Pards are playing without an offensive line for the 4th consecutive year. It is difficult to be effective when your very life is on the line with each snap.

carney2
October 4th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I fear our head coach.

An "Is he really dumber than dirt?" moment for Frank Tavani. The Frankosaurus has a habit of coaching the team he wishes he had rather than the one he sees in his own locker room. He did it last year in this game when it was played in Buffalo. His team had no between the tackles RB and its now traditional (very) offensive line. They went up against a stout Bison run defense similar to this year's. The Frankosaurus pounded his thick reptilian head against that Buffalo D for 3 plus hours. A win is a win, I guess, but it was ugly and way on the other side of stupid.

Now he gets to do it again. Tavani still doesn't have that baby bull RB that he dreams of, and his O-line has performed so badly that he called them out in public after the Penn game. On the other side of the field he will be looking at a Bucknell run defense that may be better than last year's. There have been quotes in the press that show that he knows what he's up against. When shove comes to push however, The Frankosaurus always seems to emerge on the Lafayette sidelines.

So, the scene is set for The Frankosaurus to have a rare moment in life - a do over. C'mon, Frank, prove that you really can walk upright.

JimboCBA72
October 4th, 2013, 08:58 AM
137 has a good point on FU D not being at game speed after 2 weeks of weak teams. Ram QB could do a McCarney on us however with his mobility. Pregame nit picking has commenced. We have not done well defending a running QB who can pass.

Spot on Rich. I once worked with someone who called it 'picking pepper out of fly sh%t'. Let's get the damn game started and may the best team win

RichH2
October 4th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Spot on Rich. I once worked with someone who called it 'picking pepper out of fly sh%t'. Let's get the damn game started and may the best team win

Yup.

Kramer
October 4th, 2013, 10:46 AM

You may be right, CFB. Fordham is pretty awesome this year. We still need 3 more years of scholarships to catch up.

Pard4Life
October 4th, 2013, 12:55 PM
I seriously believe Lehigh is going to win this game. Fordham may have more talent and depth, but Lehigh has the IT factor, and history on their side. It's so weird that history matters in these games, but it does.

CFBfan
October 4th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I seriously believe Lehigh is going to win this game. Fordham may have more talent and depth, but Lehigh has the IT factor, and history on their side. It's so weird that history matters in these games, but it does.

new coach and new attitude, history does not matter in this one and I would argue that FU has the IT factor in this one

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Putting my impressive 20-9 record on the line this week. Having said that, I'm probably in line for a reality check. Happy to add an L after picking Lehigh to lose last week. Not so happy to add an L picking Bucknell to rebound against Sacred Heart and get rewarded with a 0 point performance.

Lehigh 40, Fordham 37. Read why here. (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/10/game-breakdown-lehigh-at-fordham-1052013.html)

Colgate 45, Cornell 28. About... now is when Biddle tells his team the preseason is over and the regular-season starts. Like many, I am having a very hard time believing Colgate is this bad. Hoping the Maroons don't make me look like a Maroon.

Harvard 41, Holy Cross 28. Believing in the Crusaders, but then again Harvard would give every team in the Patriot League a run for its money, including Lehigh and Fordham. Young Purple is getting better, but they're not there yet.

Lafayette 19, Bucknell 6. I'm trying to visualize how points will be scored in this game, but I just can't. As long as Mark Ross can get one lousy TD, I think that should be enough for the Pards to win. I think.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2013, 03:09 PM
I honestly think the Lehigh/Fordham game could go either way. It has the potential to be "one of those games".

Go...gate
October 4th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Fordham 33, Lehigh 31

Cornell 40, Colgate 20

Harvard 28, Holy Cross 13

Bucknell 13, Lafayette 10

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2013, 05:59 PM
As long as Mark Ross can get one lousy TD, I think that should be enough for the Pards to win. I think.

That assumes much. It requires that the Frankosaurus knows and understands the benefit of an extraordinarily talented wide receiver, for example, and that he's not simply a blocking back for outside runs.

LUHawker
October 4th, 2013, 06:08 PM
I didn't realize that Fordham was the new Transfer U. Explains some of their rapid success. It definitely raises the issue of how schollies are impacting the PL.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Bucknell 13, Lafayette 10

I am now prone to think that all scoring in this game will be done by the special teams.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I didn't realize that Fordham was the new Transfer U. Explains some of their rapid success. It definitely raises the issue of how schollies are impacting the PL.

As long as Fordham complies with the AI and the kids graduate, it's up to them how they recruit. I know that Tavani doesn't want to do it that way but it doesn't necessarily make Fordham wrong. If a kid wants to transfer into a PL school and he has the grades and the academic wherewithal, then the more power to him.

carney2
October 4th, 2013, 07:26 PM
I am now prone to think that all scoring in this game will be done by the special teams.

3-2, Lafayette. Neither team cracks 150 yds. in total offense. Punters excel. I watch the whole thing because snoring in my section keeps me awake.

CrusaderBob
October 4th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Wish I could find a way to pick all 4 home teams. Alas ...

Fordham
Cornell
Lafayette
Harvard

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Hoping the Maroons don't make me look like a Maroon.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5820/1ht.gif

© 2013 Derivative Rights Reserved. Lehigh fans and/or other AGS posters and/or LFN and/or RichH may not later use this graphic image to insult Lafayette College, its football program, its fans or anything else that would subject me to ridicule on the Lafayette Board.

Bogus Megapardus
October 5th, 2013, 08:44 PM
The Doctors were a step or three too slow this afternoon in the Pards' 31-7 thumping of Bucknell at Fisher. And it wasn't that close, believe me. Pard defense was absolute today.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/373/hyaw.jpg

Congrats to Fordham - you guys are nothing short of amazing. And to Holy Cross; I saw the first half of your game before I left for Pardsville. You shouda/coulda/woulda won; great effort. And I have the First Lady's permission to congratulate Colgate as well (even though the First Lady's alma mater took a nose dive in that one).

Sader87
October 5th, 2013, 09:20 PM
HC played really well today. Shame.

I will say this...we have one helluva of a freshmen class of football players.

Lehigh'98
October 5th, 2013, 10:22 PM
HC played really well today. Shame.

I will say this...we have one helluva of a freshmen class of football players.

Still ready to drop football?

Sader87
October 5th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Still ready to drop football?

I was after we wasted so many years playing non-scholarship football....not so much now.

HC with scholarships (and Gilmore) have the potential to be very, very good in the future. The freshman class is OUTSTANDING.

CFBfan
October 6th, 2013, 07:12 AM
I was after we wasted so many years playing non-scholarship football....not so much now.

HC with scholarships (and Gilmore) have the potential to be very, very good in the future. The freshman class is OUTSTANDING.

nice to see that you've come back in off the ledge sader!! in 2 years the PL will be a good respectable FCS league!!

Go...gate
October 6th, 2013, 11:13 PM
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5820/1ht.gif

© 2013 Derivative Rights Reserved. Lehigh fans and/or other AGS posters and/or LFN and/or RichH may not later use this graphic image to insult Lafayette College, its football program, its fans or anything else that would subject me to ridicule on the Lafayette Board.

The Maroons came through!