PDA

View Full Version : Okay UN_

Pages : [1] 2

IBleedYellow
September 29th, 2013, 07:11 AM
USC just fired their coach after he gave up 62 to ASU, when does Muss get booted out?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2013, 07:58 AM
He'll stay at least till the end of the year.....hopefully longer!!

IBleedYellow
September 29th, 2013, 08:00 AM
He'll stay at least till the end of the year.....hopefully longer!!

Give him another contract extension from my point of view! :D

Hambone
September 29th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Ugh.....xbangx

Bisonoline
September 29th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Kiffin to UND!!!!!!!

Gil Dobie
September 29th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Kiffin to UND!!!!!!!

Bloomington (MN) Jefferson Grad, maybe the Vikings. ;)

darell1976
September 29th, 2013, 06:09 PM
USC just fired their coach after he gave up 62 to ASU, when does Muss get booted out?

He should have been gone after the Montana game. If Faison keeps him longer than this season he should get the boot too.

Twentysix
September 29th, 2013, 06:14 PM
At what point does UND offer Craig Bohl a million a year plus incentives? :p

darell1976
September 29th, 2013, 06:16 PM
At what point does UND offer Craig Bohl a million a year plus incentives? :p

That would mean Hakstol would make 2 million.

Twentysix
September 29th, 2013, 06:18 PM
That would mean Hakstol would make 2 million.

Drop hockey, problem solved ;)

darell1976
September 29th, 2013, 06:29 PM

For some fans it would be drop football. Faison needs to get a higher paid coach or else this program is going back to its funk that was left before Roger Thomas took over.

swaghook
September 29th, 2013, 06:30 PM

Funny I was thinking maybe it's UND's plan to let football become so dismal that they can drop it in a few more years with out much resistance from the fans up there. They have put all their marbles($$$) into the hockey program and can not afford to hire a coaching staff for football that will get them to the top.

sgt smash
September 29th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Remember when UND had wrestling? What made them drop that. It was one of those inconsequential things as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Remember when UND had wrestling? What made them drop that. It was one of those inconsequential things as well.

Title IX

BisonFan02
September 29th, 2013, 08:50 PM
UND: Drop football....join Summit with hockey rivals UNO and Denver! :D

taper
September 29th, 2013, 09:54 PM

The funny thing is this actually makes a lot of financial sense. I don't think it'll happen, but who knows?

Southern Bison
September 29th, 2013, 10:01 PM
So the Alerus becomes what? xchinscratchx Let's spitball for a moment AGS!

I'll serve it up, you knock it out!

Bisonator
September 29th, 2013, 10:07 PM

The tin shed meeting center it was designed as.

What about the new IPF? Fill it with ice and add figure skating?? xlolx

bisonranch
September 29th, 2013, 10:19 PM

Sugarbeet and potato storage!

Scooter
September 29th, 2013, 10:35 PM

Don't worry about UND football. I here they are have just received word that they maybe getting a major corporate sponsor for their football program. The company will be at the next UND home game to do research. The president of Dyson was quoted as saying "we are very exited about teaming up with UND football. Through this partnership with our R&D and UND football we feel we will be able to increase the suction of our vacuums ten fold. We hope to come out next year and introduce the Dyson Darrell1976. We would also like to finance changing the nickname of UND to the Dyson."

MplsBison
September 29th, 2013, 10:50 PM

Need UND to do that but keep football so the Summit football conference can be started!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Need UND to do that but keep football so the Summit football conference can be started!

Keep beating that dead horse....

IBleedYellow
September 30th, 2013, 08:02 AM
I can only imagine the uproar if UN_ would drop football.

I'm also not sure if I'd actually want to see that happen, but if that's what their fans want.

darell1976
September 30th, 2013, 08:10 AM

I'm also not sure if I'd actually want to see that happen, but if that's what their fans want.

UND won't drop football. If they did it would have been dead back the 80's when our hockey team won 3 NC's and the football team was averaging 3 wins a year. It took Roger Thomas 8 years from 86-93 to get UND to the top, I think this time around it may take awhile unless we can get a really good coach to ship this mess out and bring in better players (especially on defense) and a better coaching staff.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 10:17 AM
UND won't drop football. If they did it would have been dead back the 80's when our hockey team won 3 NC's and the football team was averaging 3 wins a year. It took Roger Thomas 8 years from 86-93 to get UND to the top, I think this time around it may take awhile unless we can get a really good coach to ship this mess out and bring in better players (especially on defense) and a better coaching staff.

Do you think its purely the talent level of the players? And not a poorly implemented scheme or poor instruction?

darell1976
September 30th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Do you think its purely the talent level of the players? And not a poorly implemented scheme or poor instruction?

During transition UND had a solid defense and a poor offense, giving up only 27 at Montana, 21 at South Dakota State, holding FBS teams (NIU, Fresno St to the 20's), now its total opposite UND's offense was killer last year (scoring 41 on San Diego State and averaging over 30 points a game) defense was the problem giving up 40 and 50 points in some games. So maybe its both, as the coaches really didn't change moving into the BSC from the Great West but the players filtered out and seems like has gotten worse. Now this year new coaching (except Muss) and some younger players who hasn't matured from last year proves something in the system is broken. I think its time for someone new (doesn't have to be from within UND or has any ties to UND) and start from top to bottom and clean house and recruit better players. Muss seems to be better at recruiting offense than defense. Can't go wrong on the WR's and QB's Bartels and Mollberg are still freshmen, but there is absolutely no improvement on defense. One turnover through 4 games. That is not going to get the job done. 2 Weeks is Eastern Washington for Homecoming and I can't see more than 5 to 6 thousand at the Alerus. Muss blew the attendance climb that started last year with 2 blowouts. The fans have no faith in him and this team and it will be hard to convince fans to come back until he is gone.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 10:59 AM
During transition UND had a solid defense and a poor offense, giving up only 27 at Montana, 21 at South Dakota State, holding FBS teams (NIU, Fresno St to the 20's), now its total opposite UND's offense was killer last year (scoring 41 on San Diego State and averaging over 30 points a game) defense was the problem giving up 40 and 50 points in some games. So maybe its both, as the coaches really didn't change moving into the BSC from the Great West but the players filtered out and seems like has gotten worse. Now this year new coaching (except Muss) and some younger players who hasn't matured from last year proves something in the system is broken. I think its time for someone new (doesn't have to be from within UND or has any ties to UND) and start from top to bottom and clean house and recruit better players. Muss seems to be better at recruiting offense than defense. Can't go wrong on the WR's and QB's Bartels and Mollberg are still freshmen, but there is absolutely no improvement on defense. One turnover through 4 games. That is not going to get the job done. 2 Weeks is Eastern Washington for Homecoming and I can't see more than 5 to 6 thousand at the Alerus. Muss blew the attendance climb that started last year with 2 blowouts. The fans have no faith in him and this team and it will be hard to convince fans to come back until he is gone.

UND should go after Mack Brown, lol. They could become Norther Texas (North Texas is taken).

dakotadan
September 30th, 2013, 11:31 AM
when does Muss get booted out?
Not soon enough.

The depth isn't there, but the coaching right now is so inept that they can't figure anything out with the talent they do have. Any other coaching staff could have the exact same roster and at least be competitive in games as opposed to getting blown out of the game by the end of the first quarter.

UNDBIZ
September 30th, 2013, 11:47 AM
He should have been gone after the Montana game. If Faison keeps him longer than this season he should get the boot too.

He should've been gone 4 years ago after the Sioux Falls disaster.

NDSUstudent
September 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM

What uproar? They already moved on to hockey season.

UNDBIZ
September 30th, 2013, 12:16 PM
What uproar? They already moved on to hockey season.

Clearly you haven't looked at the Fire Muss thread on SiouxSports.

MplsBison
September 30th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Keep beating that dead horse....

Dead? It hasn't been born yet.

swaghook
September 30th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Dead? It hasn't been born yet.It was stillborn. get over it already.

bobcathpdevil56
September 30th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I will say this, for as bad as the defense is as a whole, that #53 is an animal. He is everywhere on the field and rarely is not involved in the play. He was a gamer and a great LB.

BisonBacker
September 30th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Clearly you haven't looked at the Fire Muss thread on SiouxSports.

I do my best to stay away from that dumpster fire unless I need a really good laugh.

darell1976
September 30th, 2013, 02:38 PM
To the Bison fans of this thread (or board) how did NDSU go from 6-5 and 3-8 their first 2 years of playoff eligibility (and MVFC play) to the playoffs 3 years in a row and back to back NC? I know the recruiting class is a big part of it but I would think coaching is way up there too. I am thinking if the coaching is poor, the talent (no matter how good) is going to be poor, but if the coaching is good, the talent on the field could go either way with schemes that work, which I think is why UND was always "in the game" during transition but lost, now UND is "in the game" until the end of the first quarter.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 02:40 PM
To the Bison fans of this thread (or board) how did NDSU go from 6-5 and 3-8 their first 2 years of playoff eligibility (and MVFC play) to the playoffs 3 years in a row and back to back NC? I know the recruiting class is a big part of it but I would think coaching is way up there too. I am thinking if the coaching is poor, the talent (no matter how good) is going to be poor, but if the coaching is good, the talent on the field could go either way with schemes that work, which I think is why UND was always "in the game" during transition but lost, now UND is "in the game" until the end of the first quarter.

We went 3-8 with some SDSU ****head graduate as our DC, also Nick Mertens. We fired him and it was all up swing.

According to my memory our single biggest problem in the 6-5 and 3-8 years were our QB, something happened to him and he turned into a huge choke artist. Tyler Roehl also sustained an early season ankle injury when we went 6-5 when Mertens was a JR. Most of our games the 3-8 year were kinda close, Breske being a ****ty DC at NDSU combined with a choke artist QB wasn't a good combination.

I mean I love jose and all, but he wasn't a DI caliber QB, and he did better than Mertens.

I can't imagine what NDSU would be like with someone like Grappalo at QB.

Bisonoline
September 30th, 2013, 02:47 PM

Remember the 6-5 and 3-8 IMO were the result of assistant coaches leaving. We last continuity. Plus some of the replacement coaches werent the best. We also had a few hiccups in our recruiting philosophy. Since that time all of that has been ironed out and the program has direction and focus.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Remember the 6-5 and 3-8 IMO were the result of assistant coaches leaving. We last continuity. Plus some of the replacement coaches werent the best. We also had a few hiccups in our recruiting philosophy. Since that time all of that has been ironed out and the program has direction and focus.

I don't know how much of my memory is fiction, but I honestly remember the end of every football game I went to in the Mertens era where we had the ball and were positioned to win , assuming some kind of offensive production, with like 3 minutes left in the 4th qtr of every game. And every single memory ends in Nick Mertens throwing an interception or the infamous forward lateral at SHSU.

North Dakota State at 0:26

NDSU

SHSU

1st and 10 at NDSU 16

NO DAKOTA ST penalty 4 yard illegal forward pass accepted.

1st and 14 at NDSU 12

Nick Mertens (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/175017/nick-mertens) pass incomplete.

3rd and 14 at NDSU 12

Nick Mertens (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/175017/nick-mertens) pass incomplete.

DRIVE TOTALS: NDSU drive: 2 plays -4 yards, 00:17 NDSU END GAME

And I quote from the bisonville GDT

God Damnit Mertens

roflmao

UNDBIZ
September 30th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I don't know how much of my memory is fiction, but I honestly remember the end of every football game I went to in the Mertens era where we had the ball and were positioned to win , assuming some kind of offensive production, with like 3 minutes left in the 4th qtr of every game. And every single memory ends in Nick Mertens throwing an interception or the infamous forward lateral at SHSU.

North Dakota State at 0:26

NDSU

SHSU

1st and 10 at NDSU 16

NO DAKOTA ST penalty 4 yard illegal forward pass accepted.

1st and 14 at NDSU 12

3rd and 14 at NDSU 12

DRIVE TOTALS: NDSU drive: 2 plays -4 yards, 00:17 NDSU END GAME

And I quote from the bisonville GDT

roflmao

I don't know the details of this game and yeah he didn't perform on the last drive, but it's tough to blame any offensive player for a loss when you put up 45 points (unless a lot of those were def/spec. teams points of course).

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I don't know the details of this game and yeah he didn't perform on the last drive, but it's tough to blame any offensive player for a loss when you put up 45 points (unless a lot of those were def/spec. teams points of course).

Yeah, it was a combination of Breske sucking and Mertens blowing the end of every game.

Anyway, we fixed it by firing the DC and graduating the QB. Though some of the QB's that came next sucked too.

IBleedYellow
September 30th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Mertens wasn't the problem, I can promise you that.

BisonBacker
September 30th, 2013, 03:20 PM
The problem IMHO was Mertens was Hamstrung by the coaching staff as they knew they had no alternative behind him. With that being said his options as a QB in the play calling or being able to audible were extremely limited. Think about it for just a minute. Look at how many times Brock runs the ball. Mertens was not given that opportunity for fear of injury and our QB options behind him were dismal at best.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 03:20 PM
The problem IMHO was Mertens was Hamstrung by the coaching staff as they knew they had no alternative behind him. With that being said his options as a QB in the play calling or being able to audible were extremely limited. Think about it for just a minute. Look at how many times Brock runs the ball. Mertens was not given that opportunity for fear of injury and our QB options behind him were dismal at best.

Yeah that probably was a big part of it.

BisonBacker
September 30th, 2013, 03:21 PM
This all goes back to not recruiting enough QB's over a 2 year period if my memory serves me.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 03:21 PM
This all goes back to not recruiting enough QB's over a 2 year period if my memory serves me.

And breske.

BisonBacker
September 30th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Oh and as far as Jose is concerned if anyone cares to look after he left NDSU he ended up at a DII and he DID NOT START FOR THEM. That says a lot about just how dismal of a player he was. Sorry but he may have been a great kid off the field but he wasn't DI caliber. Hell he wasn't even DII caliber.

BisonBacker
September 30th, 2013, 03:25 PM
And breske.

Absolutely. He was a terrible fit at NDSU. I think he went on to Montana and they liked him. Not sure if he's still there or not but I do recall them being all agast about how great he was which I thought was hilarious. In Breske's defense I don't think he had the players at NDSU that fit his defensive schemes and he didn't have time to recruit that type of player but in the end as a coach you put the kids in the best position to win given their strengths. At least that's my opinion and that was something Breske failed at Miserably while at NDSU granted it was a short stint.

Go Bison
September 30th, 2013, 03:25 PM

That was part of it. Parsons and Brekke(I believe was his name) both left when Mertens was announced as the starter leaving NDSU with basically no backup at all. Parsons had some experience which would have helped.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Absolutely. He was a terrible fit at NDSU. I think he went on to Montana and they liked him. Not sure if he's still there or not but I do recall them being all agast about how great he was which I thought was hilarious. In Breske's defense I don't think he had the players at NDSU that fit his defensive schemes and he didn't have time to recruit that type of player but in the end as a coach you put the kids in the best position to win given their strengths. At least that's my opinion and that was something Breske failed at Miserably while at NDSU granted it was a short stint.

He is the DC at Washington State.

darell1976
September 30th, 2013, 03:27 PM

I thought that was UND's problem but I guess UND had a hiccup come up thought the system with 2 QB's leaving so last year UND had 2 QB's that were seniors then 2 that were Redshirted. So now you have 3 RFr at QB of course they are going to be rusty and WR's are only as good as the QB's make them (Hanson and Hendrickson proved that last year) this year with Bartels and Mollberg, you can only do so much with Hardin, Jackson, and Golladay. Plus UND can't seem to run the ball like in the NCC days. If we had the offense of 2012, and the defense of 2009 this team would be towards the top of the conference not playing cards with UNC and ISU.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 03:28 PM
He is the DC at Washington State. He probably got the axe at UM when the HC did for the rape scandal.

http://www.wsucougars.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30400&ATCLID=207917982

BisonBacker
September 30th, 2013, 03:28 PM
He is the DC at Washington State.

Yes but I'm pretty sure he had a stop in between at Montana. Some Griz fans can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure he had a short stint with the Griz.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Yes but I'm pretty sure he had a stop in between at Montana. Some Griz fans can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure he had a short stint with the Griz.

He was with the griz in 10 and 11.

Gil Dobie
September 30th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Wonder if Scottie Hazelton would take a FCS job now that he is the DC at Nevada.

darell1976
September 30th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Since UND moved up in 2008 only 4 times have opponents scored 40 or more points (Texas Tech scored only 38), so 2008-2011 (43 games)....In the last 15 games (2012-2013) UND has had FIVE teams score 40 or more points. What the hell happened to our defense?

Bisonator
September 30th, 2013, 05:44 PM
It's obvious UN_ has no defense. What's also glaring is their oline and running game is atrocious as well. To turn that program around you would have to start with the linemen and work your way out. They are getting killed at the line of scrimmage. I don't know why but they seem to be able to recruit QB's and WR's but that's about it! Somehow they need to get back to a power running game and run stuffing defense. It'll take a complete overhaul of the coaching staff IMO.

taper
September 30th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Other than Valpo, all but 14 of your points scored this season have come with the other team up at least 2 scores. Only once did you get it back within 1 score, and that was late in the 4th against an OOC SDSU that was deep into garbage time. I've only seen short clips of your players this year, but simply blaming a non-existent defense for your woes is missing something.

semobison
September 30th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Looking back to NDSU's 2009 3-8 season, 4 losses were by 4 points or less, our biggest lost was by 17 at Iowa State. We were not that bad of a team. If we had a decent QB we could have easily been 8-3 or 7-4. Now if I was a _nd fan I would be alarmed at the fact that they are getting blown out on a weekly basis. That's not easy to fix!

taper
September 30th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Our O-line in 2009 was also terrible. No qb is good when you're pressured every single play. Mertens took a lot of heat for the whole team's failings. I do remember a ton of really close games that year too, we were better than our record. I also remember some really close wins in the years before, possibly our record was better than us then.

MplsBison
September 30th, 2013, 09:27 PM
That was part of it. Parsons and Brekke(I believe was his name) both left when Mertens was announced as the starter leaving NDSU with basically no backup at all. Parsons had some experience which would have helped.

Parsons was Bohl's first prized QB recruit. He had all the tools you could imagine. Incredibly fast and athletic, rocket arm, but just didn't know how to use them in the college level game.

They tried him at WR and he could use his speed, but blew his hamstring out. The next year he decided to graduate rather than use his last year of eligibility. That was Steve Walker's senior year.

MplsBison
September 30th, 2013, 09:34 PM
We went 3-8 with some SDSU ****head graduate as our DC, also Nick Mertens. We fired him and it was all up swing.

According to my memory our single biggest problem in the 6-5 and 3-8 years were our QB, something happened to him and he turned into a huge choke artist. Tyler Roehl also sustained an early season ankle injury when we went 6-5 when Mertens was a JR. Most of our games the 3-8 year were kinda close, Breske being a ****ty DC at NDSU combined with a choke artist QB wasn't a good combination.

I mean I love jose and all, but he wasn't a DI caliber QB, and he did better than Mertens.

I can't imagine what NDSU would be like with someone like Grappalo at QB.

What QB with that kind of talent wants to come to NDSU to run 50 plays a game and throw the ball 20 times a game

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 09:37 PM
What QB with that kind of talent wants to come to NDSU to run 50 plays a game and throw the ball 20 times a game

Go be the imagination police somewhere else!

BisonFan02
September 30th, 2013, 09:41 PM

Quite a few former players who played under both Walker and Mertens would think your post is misguided....just a quick FYI.

DJKyR0
September 30th, 2013, 10:34 PM
I said it back in the 08-09 seasons and I'll say it now: I think Mertens could have been a productive QB in the right system. Asking him to be a pocket passer was doomed to fail in the beginning, and Bohl has acknowledged that that's on him for not recruiting the depth at QB that gives you that kind of latitude with a player of that type. The situation with Brock is the polar opposite - we have a legit backup waiting in the wings and if Jensen gets knocked around, Wentz is able to step in. Of course the huge, huge difference between Mertens and Jensen is that where Mertens choked in the big moment, Jensen thrives on it and seems to play at his best when the stakes are highest. Can't coach that kind of killer instinct.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Quite a few former players who played under both Walker and Mertens would think your post is misguided....just a quick FYI.

What would they know about Grappalo playing at NDSU? Grappalo was like 16 when they were playing under Walker.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I said it back in the 08-09 seasons and I'll say it now: I think Mertens could have been a productive QB in the right system. Asking him to be a pocket passer was doomed to fail in the beginning, and Bohl has acknowledged that that's on him for not recruiting the depth at QB that gives you that kind of latitude with a player of that type. The situation with Brock is the polar opposite - we have a legit backup waiting in the wings and if Jensen gets knocked around, Wentz is able to step in. Of course the huge, huge difference between Mertens and Jensen is that where Mertens choked in the big moment, Jensen thrives on it and seems to play at his best when the stakes are highest. Can't coach that kind of killer instinct.

Totally agree.

Darlinikki150
September 30th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Let's get back on track here, even tho I hate UND I do not like to see them get raped every week. Its quite sad. Why are they staying w Muss? I don't understand the reasoning for this. Some one explain this to me if possible.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Let's get back on track here, even tho I hate UND I do not like to see them get raped every week. Its quite sad. Why are they staying w Muss? I don't understand the reasoning for this. Some one explain this to me if possible.

Possibly has to do with a contract buyout? Didn't they renew his contract 2 years ago?

BisonFan02
September 30th, 2013, 11:14 PM
What would they know about Grappalo playing at NDSU? Grappalo was like 16 when they were playing under Walker.

Not about the EIU QB playing for NDSU...pinning the bad seasons on Mertens. The Bison O, even in that era, ran a lot more "power" versus how they operate the passing game today. The O has evolved quite a bit since then.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Not about the EIU QB playing for NDSU...pinning the bad seasons on Mertens. The Bison O, even in that era, ran a lot more "power" versus how they operate the passing game today. The O has evolved quite a bit since then.

The thing you quoted was a quote about a quote about Grappalo. Of course they are going to stand by their teammate, it would be unsettling if they didn't. 9 TD 9 Turnovers in 2009 not an impressive line :\.

darell1976
October 1st, 2013, 06:58 AM
Possibly has to do with a contract buyout? Didn't they renew his contract 2 years ago?

http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/14433

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) — University of North Dakota football coach Chris Mussman has signed a contract extension that will keep him at the helm at least through the 2015 season.

School officials announced the new deal Monday. UND athletic director Brian Faison says Mussman's base salary for the first year of the contract is $114,612, with bonus incentives for items such as conference championships, playoff appearances, player honors and academic awards.

it was renewed in July of 2012 before BSC play.

MplsBison
October 1st, 2013, 01:15 PM

Just saying, if you dream of slinging the ball around the field: don't come to NDSU. We don't play that sport.

A QB at NDSU in the modern Vigen-Bohl system is expected to:

- hand the ball off to running backs
- be able to run with the ball as needed (but it won't be a focus of the offense, like a read option or triple-option)
- throw quick, short routes, screen passes, etc. with accuracy
- on the rare occasion that the offense faces 3rd and long, be able to throw the ball 10 yards out of shotgun
- if it's 3rd and really long, we'll run the ball then punt and let the defense get back on the field.

Repeat until national championship won.

Brock Jensen fits this mold as perfectly as any QB that Bohl has recruited. He's a big, strong, running back who can throw a decent ball short to mid range as needed and hand it off well.

MplsBison
October 1st, 2013, 01:24 PM

The other difference seems to be that the coaches ask Jensen to run the ball during the big moment, rather than throw the ball (as they did of Mertens). And Jensen has more or less been able to get that big TD in his career. That includes at Eastern Washington, where he did in fact score the TD but the crooked refs stole the game.

If you recall, Mertens was Mr. Minnesota in football his senior year at East Grand Forks (I think?). And that was running the ball.

Therefore, I think Mertens would do well in today's version of where Vigen has taken the NDSU offense. Back in 2008 it was still Perles calling the running game while Vigen just called the passing plays. In 2009 I believe Vigen was promoted to full duty offensive coordinator. Perhaps he had passing on the brain too much.

Bisonator
October 1st, 2013, 03:47 PM
http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/14433

it was renewed in July of 2012 before BSC play.

Maybe Faison needs to go too. Talk about a disaster!

darell1976
October 1st, 2013, 04:19 PM
Maybe Faison needs to go too. Talk about a disaster!

Faison did it after the season UND were co-champs of the GWFC. I guess he thought going from 3-8 to 8-3 ( 3 of those wins were non DI teams) were a sign of better times...he was wrong.

BisonBacker
October 2nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Looks like the band up there is going to be getting really really big xlolx

MplsBison
October 2nd, 2013, 03:57 PM
I figured this is as good as anywhere to stick this: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/413826/

Bisonator
October 2nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
I figured this is as good as anywhere to stick this: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/413826/

And this has what to do with football??? xsmhx

bisonboone11
October 2nd, 2013, 06:32 PM

TWSS... And I am also confused what this has to do with football.

Sundog
October 2nd, 2013, 08:40 PM

And actually, I can think of several, much better places, for you to stick that.

darell1976
October 3rd, 2013, 07:47 AM

It shows that a good team with a good coach can pack a building and create more fans and hype...football team can learn from the volleyball team. Muss can learn from Ashlee Hardee and Faison can learn by attendance numbers.

MNBISON
October 3rd, 2013, 08:48 AM
It shows that a good team with a good coach can pack a building and create more fans and hype...football team can learn from the volleyball team. Muss can learn from Ashlee Hardee and Faison can learn by attendance numbers.

_arell, honest question for you, if the Bison were to come to Grand Forks next weekend to play football, would the game sell out? Also, if UN_ had played Sac State in volleyball the other night, would the game have sold out? No doubt you guys have a very good coach in Hardee and he has turned that program around in a short time, but let's not kid ourselves on why the building was packed, OK.

darell1976
October 3rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
Darell, honest question for you, if the Bison were to come to Grand Forks next weekend to play football, would the game sell out? Also, if UN_ had played Sac State in volleyball the other night, would the game have sold out? No doubt you guys have a very good coach in Hardee and he has turned that program around in a short time, but let's not kid ourselves on why the building was packed, OK.

UND's volleyball average is way up there and yes it was a sellout because NDSU was there, but if Sac St was there it would be a great crowd. UND is undefeated in the Big Sky and the NCAA playoffs are a reality for this team who hosted some of the top DI teams in the country. Its not every day you get a team like Texas A&M to come up to Grand Forks, even if its for volleyball. As for football, our team is just like the mid 80's the score would not be close and attendance for a UND/NDSU may not even be great.

BisonBacker
October 3rd, 2013, 10:13 AM
UND's volleyball average is way up there and yes it was a sellout because NDSU was there, but if Sac St was there it would be a great crowd. UND is undefeated in the Big Sky and the NCAA playoffs are a reality for this team who hosted some of the top DI teams in the country. Its not every day you get a team like Texas A&M to come up to Grand Forks, even if its for volleyball. As for football, our team is just like the mid 80's the score would not be close and attendance for a UND/NDSU may not even be great.

You've posted some seriously foolish stuff in the past darell but you know as well as any un_ fan that if that NDSU game in football was to happen up there people up there would be coming out of the woodwork no matter how good or bad un_ was in football. This would be your superbowl.

MplsBison
October 3rd, 2013, 12:48 PM

No less than this entire pointless thread does!

And it perfectly demonstrates the rivalry that very much lives on to this day between the two schools. I laugh at the handful of pathetic NDSU alumni who try to tell people that it's dead.

Carry on.

Bisonoline
October 3rd, 2013, 09:33 PM
No less than this entire pointless thread does!

And it perfectly demonstrates the rivalry that very much lives on to this day between the two schools. I laugh at the handful of xxxxxx NDSU alumni who try to tell people that it's dead.

Carry on.

FIFY other than your poor choice of words I agree.

Southern Bison
October 3rd, 2013, 09:49 PM

Congrats, your streak of epic fails continue! xthumbsupx

darell1976
October 4th, 2013, 07:45 AM
You've posted some seriously foolish stuff in the past darell but you know as well as any un_ fan that if that NDSU game in football was to happen up there people up there would be coming out of the woodwork no matter how good or bad und was in football. This would be your superbowl.

But why would it be our superbowl, UND isn't NDSU's rival, plus its just another OOC game. 10,000 tops. No need for any media coverage on this one more than if UND was playing Portland State. No Nickel Trophy, no NCC Title on the line. (purple font).

Seriously though I went to some UND-NDSU games in the 80's when NDSU was on top and UND was at the bottom, Memorial Stadium wasn't exactly overflowing with people. Not until the 90's when UND started contending in the conference was people standing behind the endzones, that Memorial Stadium was flowing with people coming out of the woodwork. If UND stays at the bottom (2-9, 3-8) season after season, I don't think NDSU could get UND fans to fill the place.

Twentysix
October 4th, 2013, 10:23 AM
But why would it be our superbowl, UND isn't NDSU's rival, plus its just another OOC game. 10,000 tops. No need for any media coverage on this one more than if UND was playing Portland State. No Nickel Trophy, no NCC Title on the line. (purple font).

Seriously though I went to some UND-NDSU games in the 80's when NDSU was on top and UND was at the bottom, Memorial Stadium wasn't exactly overflowing with people. Not until the 90's when UND started contending in the conference was people standing behind the endzones, that Memorial Stadium was flowing with people coming out of the woodwork. If UND stays at the bottom (2-9, 3-8) season after season, I don't think NDSU could get UND fans to fill the place.

It might not be needed, but the game would have loads of local coverage, including obscene amounts of op ed pieces.

darell1976
October 4th, 2013, 10:31 AM
It might not be needed, but the game would have loads of local coverage, including obscene amounts of op ed pieces.

ESPN3. xlolx

CassBison
October 4th, 2013, 10:40 AM

I don't think that there would be troubles filling the stadium for an NDSU-UND game. Either way NDSU fans would get as many tickets as they could just because it is against UND (although NDSU fans do this for every game). I believe that there would be some UND "diehards" that would want to watch NDSU vs UND (since they probably haven't been to a game since the last game against NDSU). The game would sell out the same day tickets went on sale.

darell1976
October 4th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I don't think that there would be troubles filling the stadium for an NDSU-UND game. Either way NDSU fans would get as many tickets as they could just because it is against UND (although NDSU fans do this for every game). I believe that there would be some UND "diehards" that would want to watch NDSU vs UND (since they probably haven't been to a game since the last game against NDSU). The game would sell out the same day tickets went on sale.

I wonder how many will be there after halftime.

Twentysix
October 4th, 2013, 10:43 AM
ESPN3. xlolx

Regionally or nationally the game would be no different than UND vs Portland State. To that I agree. Newspaper pieces and talk radio would go through the roof over this game though. It would be a boon to local sports coverage though, maybe in a bad way...a corrupting way.

Bisonator
October 4th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I wonder how many will be there after halftime.

I'm sure the band would leave early. xlolx

darell1976
October 4th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Regionally or nationally the game would be no different than UND vs Portland State. To that I agree. Newspaper pieces and talk radio would go through the roof over this game though. It would be a boon to local sports coverage though, maybe in a bad way...a corrupting way.

I just hope UND can be competitive in the upcoming seasons, but with Muss I can't see that happening. When UND plays NDSU I want the two to be on top and for UND that won't be for a while. Hopefully with a new coaching staff next season, they can install discipline on the field (especially with players goofing off on the sidelines during a blowout), and install a defense where they can create turnovers and create sacks. Faison has a history of getting good coaches not affiliated with UND so they better consider that route when Muss is replaced.

darell1976
October 4th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I'm sure the band would leave early. xlolx

Just like the Titanic the band will be there for the end....too bad the cheerleaders will be gone before them.

MplsBison
October 4th, 2013, 12:59 PM
FIFY other than your poor choice of words I agree.

Sorry PL.

There are NDSU alumni out there right now who were as fierce of UND haters as you could find back in the day and loved every blood-dripping second of every UND contest.

But they were so hurt and disgusted when the rivalry ended that all they can do now is deny that it still exists.

That is pathetic.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Sorry PL.

There are NDSU alumni out there right now who were as fierce of UND haters as you could find back in the day and loved every blood-dripping second of every UND contest.

But they were so hurt and disgusted when the rivalry ended that all they can do now is deny that it still exists.

That is pathetic.

I bet you are just devastated that your favorite team.....UN_ is 1-3 so far this year.xlolx

darell1976
October 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I bet you are just devastated that your favorite team.....UN_ is 1-3 so far this year.xlolx

You know not putting D in UND is really annoying. Oh wait its part of the rivalry isn't it FU fan.

DJKyR0
October 4th, 2013, 02:14 PM
You know not putting D in UND is really annoying. Oh wait its part of the rivalry isn't it FU fan.

I'm sure your special teams guys think it's annoying to field twelve kickoffs every game, too.

Bisonator
October 4th, 2013, 02:19 PM
You know not not having a defense at UND is really annoying.

FIFYxthumbsupx

darell1976
October 4th, 2013, 02:50 PM
FIFYxthumbsupx
And a running game and a good coach.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 4th, 2013, 02:52 PM

I'm not sure if there's a character limit but you may hit it explaining all the things you don't have.

Southern Bison
October 4th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure if there's a character limit but you may hit it explaining all the things you don't have.

It might be nice to have...it would keep MPLS from being such a troll.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2013, 09:12 PM

Mussman is signed on thru the '14 season. When is Fiason going to give him another extension?

If UND loses to Idaho State tomorrow......Muss should be gone.

darell1976
October 4th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Mussman is signed on thru the '14 season. When is Fiason going to give him another extension?

If UND loses to Idaho State tomorrow......Muss should be gone.
2015 season and Muss should've been gone after the Montana game.

344Johnson
October 4th, 2013, 10:35 PM
I'm sure your special teams guys think it's annoying to field twelve kickoffs every game, too.

Burn. Nth degree burn.

BisonBacker
October 7th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Ok so morbid curiosity got me and I went to check on ss.com to see what they are thinking about this game they have against EWU. Now this is going to be something like the 3rd ranked team they have hosted this season. Not only ranked but I believe at the time all three will have been ranked in the top ten and in EWU's case top 5 teams in FCS. So you would think there is going to be talk about football. My bad. Only up there could a thread about EWU coming to town turn into a "what time does the puck drop for the hockey game" type thread. Seriously why would any potential recruit want to go play football there? Not smack a serious question. I realize you guys are having a horrid season but talking hockey in a football thread? Next time someone starts touting UN_ and they are not only a hockey school but a football school or worse claiming that hockey isn't king up there I'm just going to point to that topic. I honestly feel sorry (ok not really) for anyone who goes up there to play football. Get used to it but you will be the red headed stepchild to the hockey program. Good lord you can't make this **** up.

SDFS
October 7th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Ok so morbid curiosity got me and I went to check on ss.com to see what they are thinking about this game they have against EWU. Now this is going to be something like the 3rd ranked team they have hosted this season. Not only ranked but I believe at the time all three will have been ranked in the top ten and in EWU's case top 5 teams in FCS. So you would think there is going to be talk about football. My bad. Only up there could a thread about EWU coming to town turn into a "what time does the puck drop for the hockey game" type thread. Seriously why would any potential recruit want to go play football there? Not smack a serious question. I realize you guys are having a horrid season but talking hockey in a football thread? Next time someone starts touting UN_ and they are not only a hockey school but a football school or worse claiming that hockey isn't king up there I'm just going to point to that topic. I honestly feel sorry (ok not really) for anyone who goes up there to play football. Get used to it but you will be the red headed stepchild to the hockey program. Good lord you can't make this **** up.

It is homecoming this weekend and the school is celebrating the completion of the $300 million dollar North Dakota Spirit Campaign. So, people were wondering why the football game was at an odd time. Usually the games are at noon or 5:00/6:00. This weekend they have the game at 2:30 pm because of the all the activities scheduled around homecoming. It is going to be a fun weekend and I am looking forward to seeing the women volleyball team in action along with the football team. I think the volleyball game will be more competitive than the football game this weekend. Not sure how you got your hockey rant out of that... but we all understand NDSU's hatred of UND and hockey so carry on I guess - looks like you were rolling...

So, the schedule goes:

All-weekend “Spirit Pass” includes a
single ticket for:

• UND Men’s Hockey Games (Fri vs. Vermont) 7:35
• UND Volleyball Game (Sat. vs. Portland State) Noon
• UND Football Game (Sat. vs. Eastern Washington) 2:35
• UND Men’s Hockey Games (Fri. and Sat. vs. Vermont) 7:05
• UND Women’s Hockey Game (Sun. vs. Minnesota-Duluth)

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=208142661&SPID=6409&SPSID=58715

BisonBacker
October 7th, 2013, 09:56 PM
It is homecoming this weekend and the school is celebrating the completion of the $300 million dollar North Dakota Spirit Campaign. So, people were wondering why the football game was at an odd time. Usually the games are at noon or 5:00/6:00. This weekend they have the game at 2:30 pm because of the all the activities scheduled around homecoming. It is going to be a fun weekend and I am looking forward to seeing the women volleyball team in action along with the football team. I think the volleyball game will be more competitive than the football game this weekend. Not sure how you got your hockey rant out of that... but we all understand NDSU's hatred of UND and hockey so carry on I guess - looks like you were rolling...

So, the schedule goes:

single ticket for:

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=208142661&SPID=6409&SPSID=58715

Call it a rant if you want. It was a serious question. You have one of the better teams in all of FCS and arguably the best team in your conference coming to town and the conversation other than how bad you are going to get beat is about what time the hockey game is. I think that's both funny and pathetic at the same time. My other question in that post still stands. Why would any decent recruit want to go there and play? Carry on.

SDFS
October 7th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Call it a rant if you want. It was a serious question. You have one of the better teams in all of FCS and arguably the best team in your conference coming to town and the conversation other than how bad you are going to get beat is about what time the hockey game is. I think that's both funny and pathetic at the same time. My other question in that post still stands. Why would any decent recruit want to go there and play? Carry on.

One example would be what I posted above - the school has just completed a 300 million dollar campaign which will be reinvested into the school (NOTE: total of 325 million has been raised to date). So, the school can expand/improve existing programs and create new programs. UND is currently expanding the petro/engineering programs, UAV/Aviation programs, education and business programs - here is a general run down.

John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/Aerospace.html) $20 Million College of Arts & Sciences (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/ArtsAndSciences.html) $30 Million College of Business and Public Administration (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/CoBPA.html) $100 Million College of Education and Human Development (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/EdAndHumanDev.html) $10 Million School of Engineering and Mines (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/Engineering.html) $30 Million School of Law (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/Law.html) $20 Million School of Medicine and Health Sciences (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/SMHS.html) $35 Million College of Nursing (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/Nursing.html) $10 Million Athletics (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/Athletics.html) $30 Million

These are real changes that are going to make a difference for all students and student/athletes in the near future.

New $124 million dollar Medical Schools has been approved and is the planning stages http://www.med.und.edu/construction/

New IPF - won't go into details because I believe that is covered in another thread.

Stable athletic conference, please do not read this as a put down toward the Summit/MVFC. I don't want to get into that mess.

Another reason for going to UND is that they have always had a winning tradition in all sports. UND might be down right now, but I see that as just working through the transition to D1. UND will be very competitive in the very near future. Enjoy your rants while you are at the top and as always stay classy Bison fans.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2013, 11:49 PM

So, the schedule goes:

single ticket for:

Wait a second....is the "Spirit Pass" the first stab at bundling Men's Hockey tickets with other events to boost total sales? Are these Football, Volleyball, and Women's Hockey tickets even going to get used? How many of these "passes" are being sold? I know this has come up in the past (when USD bundled Colgate tickets with the NDSU game last year), but I'm curious to see if UND fans think this will be something more common going forward.

darell1976
October 8th, 2013, 03:59 AM

Why would any decent recruit want to play at NDSU after joining the MVFC and posting a 6-5 and 3-8 record plus fans calling for Bohl's head? UND like NDSU have periods of ups and downs and this is a down period. Hopefully with a decent coach UND can rebound quickly.

SDFS
October 8th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Wait a second....is the "Spirit Pass" the first stab at bundling Men's Hockey tickets with other events to boost total sales? Are these Football, Volleyball, and Women's Hockey tickets even going to get used? How many of these "passes" are being sold? I know this has come up in the past (when USD bundled Colgate tickets with the NDSU game last year), but I'm curious to see if UND fans think this will be something more common going forward.

In general, it is going to be a great weekend. UND Mens hockey - ranked 6/7, UND Volleyball - leading conference standings, UND football is down right now, but EWU has a good squad and I am looking forward to watching the QBs for both teams. Looking to see if Molberg can continue to progress for UND and the EWU QB is fun to watch. UND Womens hockey is ranked 6. I estimate a total attendance across all events with be around 33,000 to 35,000.

FYI - ncaa gave UND women's volleyball a little shout out last week.
http://www.ncaa.com/news/volleyball-women/article/2013-10-04/four-teams-remain-perfect-records

Attendance Soaring
Attendance records seem to be falling all over the country. UCF set a new attendance record for volleyball against rival USF as they had 1,669 fans in The Venue (the “official” capacity is 1,500), reaching capacity in its first match in the American Athletic Conference. In addition, North Dakota defeated North Dakota State 3-0 in front of the largest crowd to watch a volleyball match in the state of North Dakota (2,688).

As an alum of UND, I like the convenience of simply buying one pass to attend all the events. They had two options 1) All weekend pass or 2) Saturday only. I don't believe that a large number of passes were available and if fans wanted to purchase tickets to the hockey game they were not forced to buy tickets to other events. So, your comparison to other ticketing gimmicks were fans are forced to buy other game tickets on a different weekend is a bit of a stretch. Again, the BUTTFOOTBALL/conspiracy theory is strong with you Bison fans - as always stay classy Bison fans.

darell1976
October 8th, 2013, 08:25 AM
In general, it is going to be a great weekend. UND Mens hockey - ranked 6/7, UND Volleyball - leading conference standings, UND football is down right now, but EWU has a good squad and I am looking forward to watching the QBs for both teams. Looking to see if Molberg can continue to progress for UND and the EWU QB is fun to watch. UND Womens hockey is ranked 6. I estimate a total attendance across all events with be around 33,000 to 35,000.

FYI - ncaa gave UND women's volleyball a little shout out last week.
http://www.ncaa.com/news/volleyball-women/article/2013-10-04/four-teams-remain-perfect-records

Attendance Soaring
Attendance records seem to be falling all over the country. UCF set a new attendance record for volleyball against rival USF as they had 1,669 fans in The Venue (the “official” capacity is 1,500), reaching capacity in its first match in the American Athletic Conference. In addition, North Dakota defeated North Dakota State 3-0 in front of the largest crowd to watch a volleyball match in the state of North Dakota (2,688).

As an alum of UND, I like the convenience of simply buying one pass to attend all the events. They had two options 1) All weekend pass or 2) Saturday only. I don't believe that a large number of passes were available and if fans wanted to purchase tickets to the hockey game they were not forced to buy tickets to other events. So, your comparison to other ticketing gimmicks were fans are forced to buy other game tickets on a different weekends is a bit of a stretch. Again, the BUTTFOOTBALL/conspiracy theory's is strong with you Bison fans - as always stay classy Bison fans.

The EWU could be a total trap game, yes UND had 2 blowout losses but we are at home, I did pick EWU to win BUT..... YSU and ISU defeated the mighty Bison in the Fargodome the last two years, anybody can beat anybody. If EWU didn't prepare for this game and overlooks UND it could be an upset.

gotts
October 8th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Why would any decent recruit want to play at NDSU after joining the MVFC and posting a 6-5 and 3-8 record plus fans calling for Bohl's head? UND like NDSU have periods of ups and downs and this is a down period. Hopefully with a decent coach UND can rebound quickly.

Darell, I know you like to consistently bring up the 3-8 season, but four of those losses were by 4 points or less, and the worst loss was by 17 (to Iowa State). There were no losses by 35+ points that year.

What little water the "3-8" argument holds is quickly evaporating by each 5+ score loss this year.

F'N Hawks
October 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Darell, I know you like to consistently bring up the 3-8 season, but four of those losses were by 4 points or less, and the worst loss was by 17 (to Iowa State). There were no losses by 35+ points that year.

What little water the "3-8" argument holds is quickly evaporating by each 5+ score loss this year.

You guys like to point to your "close losses" in that 3-8 season. Sounds like a handful of moral victories as you are very proud of how "close" you came. Too late to re-write the record book? :)

darell1976
October 8th, 2013, 09:36 AM
You guys like to point to your "close losses" in that 3-8 season. Sounds like a handful of moral victories as you are very proud of how "close" you came. Too late to re-write the record book? :)
A lot of toe to toe victories in that 3-8 season.

frozennorth
October 8th, 2013, 09:51 AM
UND and NDSU are rivals in the same way that Ohio and Ohio State are rivals.

frozennorth
October 8th, 2013, 09:56 AM
One example would be the what I posted above - the school has just completed a 300 million dollar campaign which will be reinvested into the school (NOTE: total of 325 million has been raised to date). So, the school can expand/improve existing programs and create new programs. UND is currently expending the petro/engineering programs, UAV/Aviation programs, education and business programs here is a general run down.

John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/Aerospace.html) $20 Million College of Arts & Sciences (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/ArtsAndSciences.html) $30 Million College of Business and Public Administration (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/CoBPA.html) $100 Million College of Education and Human Development (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/EdAndHumanDev.html) $10 Million School of Engineering and Mines (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/Engineering.html) $30 Million School of Law (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/Law.html) $20 Million School of Medicine and Health Sciences (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/SMHS.html) $35 Million College of Nursing (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/Nursing.html) $10 Million Athletics (http://spirit.und.edu/Units/Athletics.html) $30 Million
These are real changes that are going to make a difference for all students and student/athletes in the near future.

New $124 million dollar Medical Schools has been approved and is the planning stages http://www.med.und.edu/construction/

New IPF - won't go into details because I believe that is covered in another thread.

Stable athletic conference, please do not read this as a put down toward the Summit/MVFC. I don't want to get into that mess.

Another reason for going to UND is that they have always had a winning tradition in all sports. UND might be down right now, but I see that as just working through the transition to D1. UND will be very competitive in the very near future. Enjoy your rants while you are at the top and as always stay classy Bison fans.
I wonder if any of that will stall UND's swan dive down the USN&WR college rankings. I love seeing my degrees become less valuable by the year.

frozennorth
October 8th, 2013, 09:59 AM
probably something to do with 10-1 and 10-1 and 3 fbs wins and multiple players getting serious NFL looks.

When NDSU fans point out that they never got blown out, it's more to point out how godawful UND is right now, not to say that NDSU was actually not terrible that year. That year was a complete disaster.

F'N Hawks
October 8th, 2013, 10:14 AM

xrolleyesx

DJKyR0
October 8th, 2013, 10:32 AM

My distaste for UND athletics aside, this is awesome for the institution and North Dakota academics in general. Very impressive.

NDSU has a smaller if similar deal going on with the proposed new STEM building, and a bunch of students are upset because the planned site is on a popular quad area. Unfortuante placing, yes, but a building like that is going to be a tremendous benefit to the area. Can never have too many STEM majors.

344Johnson
October 8th, 2013, 10:55 AM

Same reason Notre Dame is always able to recruit well. Being a football school has its advantages.

The EWU could be a total trap game, yes UND had 2 blowout losses but we are at home, I did pick EWU to win BUT..... YSU and ISU defeated the mighty Bison in the Fargodome the last two years, anybody can beat anybody. If EWU didn't prepare for this game and overlooks UND it could be an upset.

Those teams were not at UND's level of awful.

darell1976
October 8th, 2013, 11:24 AM

Haha!!!!!!!!! Really? Oh please tell me you are joking. If I go to Ohio State's fan board there will be tons of smack talk about Ohio U? I hope other FCS fans see the humor in your post since most threads end up in an NDSU/UND pissing contest. Please tell me the reason you posted this.

darell1976
October 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Same reason Notre Dame is always able to recruit well. Being a football school has its advantages.

Those teams were not at UND's level of awful.

UND isn't awful, it's just been a bad decade. ;)

Southern Bison
October 8th, 2013, 04:23 PM
UND isn't awful, it's just been a bad decade. ;)

You do know that a decade is only 10 years, right? That 20th century was just gangbusters for y'all with zero NCs. 120 years...1 NC. xchinscratchx

darell1976
October 8th, 2013, 04:40 PM
You do know that a decade is only 10 years, right? That 20th century was just gangbusters for y'all with zero NCs. 120 years...1 NC. xchinscratchx

And somehow you guys seem to lose to us in our #2 sport 65 times out of 110 meetings. Oh that's right Bison fans don't count anything prior to like 1963 or something like that....selective history.

SDFS
October 8th, 2013, 07:16 PM
I wonder if any of that will stall UND's swan dive down the USN&WR college rankings. I love seeing my degrees become less valuable by the year.

You should be thankful that you didn't attend NDSU - look at the beating that schools rep took with all the off the field troubles the last couple of years..xsmugx

SDFS
October 8th, 2013, 07:20 PM
My distaste for UND athletics aside, this is awesome for the institution and North Dakota academics in general. Very impressive.

NDSU has a smaller if similar deal going on with the proposed new STEM building, and a bunch of students are upset because the planned site is on a popular quad area. Unfortuante placing, yes, but a building like that is going to be a tremendous benefit to the area. Can never have too many STEM majors.

I agree this is great to see... the cool part for ND taxpayers is that the UND changes you noted above are all from private donations.

Southern Bison
October 8th, 2013, 07:30 PM
And somehow you guys seem to lose to us in our #2 sport 65 times out of 110 meetings. Oh that's right Bison fans don't count anything prior to like 1963 or something like that....selective history.

I'd rather have the 10 NCs...

darell1976
October 8th, 2013, 10:04 PM
I'd rather have the 10 NCs...

Tou have 10 NC in your #1 sport we have 7 in our #1 sport, we have 1 in our #2 sport you have well after football you guys don't care.

MplsBison
October 8th, 2013, 10:07 PM
I agree this is great to see... the cool part for ND taxpayers is that the UND changes you noted above are all from private donations.

Indeed. The worst thing a state like North Dakota can do - a state with one of the worst climates in the country, more or less devoid of culture and urban population and high tech industry - is invest taxpayer dollars in public, research universities that bring federal grant money into the state.

Progress is scary. Steam engines and wood burning stoves are just fine.

344Johnson
October 8th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Tou have 10 NC in your #1 sport we have 7 in our #1 sport, we have 1 in our #2 sport you have well after football you guys don't care.

I don't think UND wants to compare overall natty's with NDSU.

IBleedYellow
October 8th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I don't think UND wants to compare overall natty's with NDSU.

I know they don't.

Moto X

Bisonoline
October 8th, 2013, 10:52 PM

Didnt the WBB team win a few natts for NDSU? Usually when a person gets a few years on them they gain some assemblance of wisdom and knowledge. Are you really that dumb or does the butt hurt turn your brain in to baby crappola when you get in front of a computer. Seriously?

FargoBison
October 8th, 2013, 10:55 PM
WBB has five titles, wrestling has four, softball has one, women's track has one and men's x-country has one. Add the 10 football has and that brings NDSU's total to 22 team titles.

Southern Bison
October 8th, 2013, 10:58 PM

Football - 10
WBB - 5, including a 4-peat (93-96)
Wrestling - 4
Softball - 1
Women's Track - 1
Men's Cross Country - 1
Even the Dance team - 2

UN_
Football - 1
Hockey - 7
WBB - 3

_on't worry _arell, I woul_n't use the Ohio State/Ohio U analogy like my fellow alumni _i_.

NDSU and UN_ are more like U of Alabama and Judson College.

darell1976
October 9th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Football - 10
WBB - 5, including a 4-peat (93-96)
Wrestling - 4
Softball - 1
Women's Track - 1
Men's Cross Country - 1
Even the Dance team - 2

UN_
Football - 1
Hockey - 7
WBB - 3

_on't worry _arell, I woul_n't use the Ohio State/Ohio U analogy like my fellow alumni _i_.

NDSU and UN_ are more like U of Alabama and Judson College.
Well if you are including the dance team we can throw in our aviation team. But that's what rivals do..compare, just like Ohio St and Ohio U. ;)

frozennorth
October 9th, 2013, 02:34 AM
You should be thankful that you didn't attend NDSU - look at the beating that schools rep took with all the off the field troubles the last couple of years..xsmugx
oh no petty misdemenors.

It's too bad that walking crime spree that is the UND hockey team never gets charged with anything, even when they get caught.

darell1976
October 9th, 2013, 03:56 AM
oh no petty misdemenors.

It's too bad that walking crime spree that is the UND hockey team never gets charged with anything, even when they get caught.

Petty misdemeanors?? Resisting arrest, theft, indecent exposure, voter fraud. Yep that's petty alright.

344Johnson
October 9th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Petty misdemeanors?? Resisting arrest, theft, indecent exposure, voter fraud. Yep that's petty alright.

On the bright side, haven't heard of our boys hazing the freshmen and putting them in the hospital...

darell1976
October 9th, 2013, 08:14 AM
On the bright side, haven't heard of our boys hazing the freshmen and putting them in the hospital...

I haven't heard that either. I guess you guys need to save that for next season. On a side note no UND hockey player was charged with hazing.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Holy ****. This slapfight is still going on?
xslapfightx

UND football is a hot mess with a narrow path to recovery

UND hockey is....well this is a football board and nobody gives a **** about UND hockey.

344Johnson
October 9th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I haven't heard that either. I guess you guys need to save that for next season. On a side note no UND hockey player was charged with hazing.

OJ was innocent too.

darell1976
October 9th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Holy ****. This slapfight is still going on?
xslapfightx

UND football is a hot mess with a narrow path to recovery

UND hockey is....well this is a football board and nobody gives a **** about UND hockey.

Why are you shocked by this? Or are you shocked this thread was started by a Bison fan.

darell1976
October 9th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Travis Beck was innocent too.

:D

F'N Hawks
October 9th, 2013, 09:00 AM

Nope. Just your girls have done that.

IBleedYellow
October 9th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Why are you shocked by this? Or are you shocked this thread was started by a Bison fan.

I starte_ this asking an honest question, you're the one that brought it _own into this slap fight.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I starte_ this asking an honest question, you're the one that brought it _own into this slap fight.

I agree with the OP. It does bring a bunch of questions about the direction of the UND athletic programs. You are spending millions of dollars on a new Indoor Practice Facility but can't fill a 13k stadium on a regular basis. You say it's because you are a "hockey school" but why the football investments?

Just a bunch of mixed signals coming from there.

aces1180
October 9th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Vote Muss for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year!

http://coachoftheyear.com

I vote everyday!

darell1976
October 9th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I agree with the OP. It does bring a bunch of questions about the direction of the UND athletic programs. You are spending millions of dollars on a new Indoor Practice Facility but can't fill a 13k stadium on a regular basis. You say it's because you are a "hockey school" but why the football investments?

Just a bunch of mixed signals coming from there.

Teams can be both a hockey school and a football school. UND won a NC in football in 2001 while that same year played for back to back NC in hockey. In 1997 UND won a NC in hockey and WBB. So what was NDSU's excuse for not filling the 19k dome on a regular basis prior to this little dynasty in motion? That 2009 season didn't do much for attendance, and football is your #1 sport. While UND has had ZERO problems filling the REA since it was built in 2001 leading the nation in attendance or close to it (battling Wisconsin who has a bigger arena). UND was towards the tops in attendance in DII until we moved up and hasn't had much success with Muss since 2008, so consider this our down period. When UND gets back on their feet and history has proved that time and again, attendance will be right up there with capacity.Winning fills seats!!! (Remember 3-8!!)

darell1976
October 9th, 2013, 10:23 AM

With all the Bison fans poking smack along the way. Yes our team is down, Muss should be fired, but smacking about the building (calling it a tin shed), yeah that's the **** you get with an honest question. I got smacked about the Travis Beck thing...remember honest question (who will replace him), and look at that firestorm. Maybe its called a rivalry...oh wait Frozenorth doesn't see our schools as rivals. Carry on.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Teams can be both a hockey school and a football school. UND won a NC in football in 2001 while that same year played for back to back NC in hockey. In 1997 UND won a NC in hockey and WBB. So what was NDSU's excuse for not filling the 19k dome on a regular basis prior to this little dynasty in motion? That 2009 season didn't do much for attendance, and football is your #1 sport. While UND has had ZERO problems filling the REA since it was built in 2001 leading the nation in attendance or close to it (battling Wisconsin who has a bigger arena). UND was towards the tops in attendance in DII until we moved up and hasn't had much success with Muss since 2008, so consider this our down period. When UND gets back on their feet and history has proved that time and again, attendance will be right up there with capacity.Winning fills seats!!! (Remember 3-8!!)

Since you brought up about 5 different points, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I'm talking about UND now. NDSU had a very hard time transitioning through the scholarship reductions and that caused Bob Babich his job. Once they decided to go DI, they mostly (keep flogging that 3-8 dolphin!) navigated it successfully. Either way, UND never wanted to go DI and they have pretty much acted like it the whole time.

darell1976
October 9th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Since you brought up about 5 different points, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I'm talking about UND now. NDSU had a very hard time transitioning through the scholarship reductions and that caused Bob Babich his job. Once they decided to go DI, they mostly (keep flogging that 3-8 dolphin!) navigated it successfully. Either way, UND never wanted to go DI and they have pretty much acted like it the whole time.

My point is this is the first time NDSU has had this much success at attendance sales probably since it opened in 1994. Did NDSU have 18-19k consistently in DII? 18k vs Augy, vs Morningside, or vs SDSU? In UND's first year of the Alerus (our NC year) we had averages around 12k or so, yes NDSU was the big one, but never sell outs to every game. So attendance has nothing to do with UND building the IPF. Its more than just football, its track, its baseball, its weight lifting, and locker rooms. When you guys are battling the Fargodome for practice time UND football has first dibs on field time. UND is upgrading its facilities from volleyball and basketball to track and field and football. Its called having DI facilities. UND doesn't have a 500 seat basketball arena like Sac State or a volleyball arena that looks like a high school gym like NDSU. They are trying to have the facilities to help recruit players. UND's recruits are basically in the same area as the other 3 Dakota teams plus Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa St, UNI, and Wisconsin. Lots of schools to choose from so what a way to lure them is with facilities and academics. Oh yeah academics that is the sole reason people pick college...isn't it?

gotts
October 9th, 2013, 01:03 PM
probably something to do with 10-1 and 10-1 and 3 fbs wins and multiple players getting serious NFL looks.

When NDSU fans point out that they never got blown out, it's more to point out how godawful UND is right now, not to say that NDSU was actually not terrible that year. That year was a complete disaster.

Yes, that is the point I was trying to bring up. 3-8 is still a crappy 3-8, but more optimistic than if many losses were 30+ points.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 01:05 PM
My point is this is the first time NDSU has had this much success at attendance sales probably since it opened in 1994. Did NDSU have 18-19k consistently in DII? 18k vs Augy, vs Morningside, or vs SDSU? In UND's first year of the Alerus (our NC year) we had averages around 12k or so, yes NDSU was the big one, but never sell outs to every game. So attendance has nothing to do with UND building the IPF. Its more than just football, its track, its baseball, its weight lifting, and locker rooms. When you guys are battling the Fargodome for practice time UND football has first dibs on field time. UND is upgrading its facilities from volleyball and basketball to track and field and football. Its called having DI facilities. UND doesn't have a 500 seat basketball arena like Sac State or a volleyball arena that looks like a high school gym like NDSU. They are trying to have the facilities to help recruit players. UND's recruits are basically in the same area as the other 3 Dakota teams plus Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa St, UNI, and Wisconsin. Lots of schools to choose from so what a way to lure them is with facilities and academics. Oh yeah academics that is the sole reason people pick college...isn't it?

So the attendance and success all happened by magic?

BisonBohl
October 9th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Darell I challenge you to go a week without talking about NDSU, bet you cant do it. Having said there are many ndsu posters who should do the same thing about UND. This pissing match is embarrassing as hell.

darell1976
October 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Darell I challenge you to go a week without talking about NDSU, bet you cant do it. Having said there are many ndsu posters who should do the same thing about UND. This pissing match is embarrassing as hell.

Well when I make a pick in the MVFC Pickems then yeah I can't. The person who started this thread did pose fun at our coaching staff and I went along, I hate Muss he is a disgrace but you know sooner or later this thread would go south.

post #109 is where this thread started to nosedive.

darell1976
October 9th, 2013, 02:36 PM
So the attendance and success all happened by magic?

No but you don't need Standing a Room Only at every game to win a NC. It's done on the field, not the stands.

semobison
October 9th, 2013, 05:21 PM

I agree, this Shi_ is getting so old!

darell1976
October 9th, 2013, 05:54 PM
I agree, this Shi_ is getting so old!
As old as the rivalry.

aces1180
October 19th, 2013, 05:05 PM
BUMP!

LMAO...That is all.

Smitty
October 19th, 2013, 05:06 PM
WCU 17 Woff 14 2:19 3rd

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Kind of disappointed in myself that I started this thread, it was an honest question, but NDSU and UN_ just don't get along.

Never have, never will.

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 05:25 PM
BUMP!

LMAO...That is all.

And you should, as we were laughing at your team in 2009. So I guess its your turn to laugh.

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Kind of disappointed in myself that I started this thread, it was an honest question, but NDSU and UN_ just don't get along.

Never have, never will.
Muss should be booted now. If Faison had a pair he would do it now.

aces1180
October 19th, 2013, 05:27 PM
And you should, as we were laughing at your team in 2009. So I guess its your turn to laugh.

Well, to be fair, I've been laughing at UN_ since they transitioned to FCS...

aces1180
October 19th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Muss should be booted now. If Faison had a pair he would do it now.

I hope not! I vote daily for him as the Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year. You can thank me and other Bison fans for putting him in 15th place!

http://coachoftheyear.com/leaderboard/

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Well, to be fair, I've been laughing at UN_ since they transitioned to FCS...

Just remember this goes in circles, NDSU was tops in the 80's, UND in 90's, UND in the early 2000's, NDSU since 2011. Its called history. Even great dynasty's fall.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 05:33 PM

The Bison had a bad record in 09 (3-8) but were never blown-out in any game. Lost games by less than a TD. UND this year is getting blown-out in most losses.

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 05:34 PM
The Bison had a bad record in 09 (3-8) but were never blown-out in any game. Lost games by less than a TD. UND this year is getting blown-out in most losses.

So 8 moral victories? Or toe-to-toe games as it should be called?

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Only moral victory is when you raise a trophy the next year when the same team figures out how to CLOSE those games. GTFO

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Only moral victory is when you raise a trophy the next year when the same team figures out how to CLOSE those games. GTFO

I just love the excuses NDSU fans have for that dismal 2009 season. We didn't get blown out, we were in it the whole game. Well a loss is a loss no matter how you sugar coat it. You GTFO.

gotts
October 19th, 2013, 05:41 PM

You'd better hope your coach can graduate.

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 05:42 PM
You'd better hope your coach can graduate.

You'd better hope your coach stays.

gotts
October 19th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I just love the excuses NDSU fans have for that dismal 2009 season. We didn't get blown out, we were in it the whole game. Well a loss is a loss no matter how you sugar coat it. You GTFO.

darell, I know you're not a very intelligent person, so why don't we try to break things down here.

No one is claiming moral victory from 2009. The point being made is, that despite the heavy amount of losses during the season, there was still a lot of positive play shown by the team, and it wasn't due to inept coaching.

What positive things can you take away from the current season when the majority of losses are by 3-4 possessions and the team is never really in a position to succeed?

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 05:48 PM
darell, I know you're not a very intelligent person, so why don't we try to break things down here.

No one is claiming moral victory from 2009. The point being made is, that despite the heavy amount of losses during the season, there was still a lot of positive play shown by the team, and it wasn't due to inept coaching.

What positive things can you take away from the current season when the majority of losses are by 3-4 possessions and the team is never really in a position to succeed?

Whoa.....How come BV has Fire Bohl threads from that season if coaching wasn't a problem?

gotts
October 19th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Whoa.....How come BV has Fire Bohl threads from that season if coaching wasn't a problem?

Good luck with your season and wishes of turning it around next year like NDSU did.

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 05:50 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?17725-This-is-serious

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?20762-Fire-Craig-Bohl

Interesting reading.

gotts
October 19th, 2013, 05:53 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?17725-This-is-serious

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?20762-Fire-Craig-Bohl

Interesting reading.

Which classes on logic did you take during your stint at the University of Phoenix Online?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 05:56 PM

The Bison were in every game that year. They just didn't have the experience or attitude to win.

LOL.....UND just sucks this year.....LMAO!

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Which classes on logic did you take during your stint at the University of Phoenix Online?

Sorry the truth hurts. Explore this logic. UND needs one win to be on pace with NDSU's second year of playoff eligibility. Which is sadder?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 05:57 PM

Nice try homer.

You're just like mpls, never understands sh**

darell1976
The Bison were in every game that year. They just didn't have the experience or attitude to win.

LOL.....UND just sucks this year.....LMAO!

I am sure the half empty dome didn't help either. Right?

frozennorth
your inability to understand the point is mind boggling.

seriously this is just trolling. Last home game of the season, the dome was still 75% full. Stop being such a hack.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Sorry the truth hurts. Explore this logic. UND needs one win to be on pace with NDSU's second year of playoff eligibility. Which is sadder?

LOL...this is what you are hanging your hat on......xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 05:59 PM

WTF...I have been to every game since 2004 and in 09 there was never a 1/2 empty stadium....STFU

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 05:59 PM
your inability to understand the point is mind boggling.

The point is UND loses 56-14, NDSU loses 21-14. So tell me the difference? Last I looked there is a win column and a loss column. Right?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 06:00 PM
The point is UND loses 56-14, NDSU loses 21-14. So tell me the difference? Last I looked there is a win column and a loss column. Right?

LOL.....21-14 is in the game and a loss

56-14 is a toe to toe moral loss for UND.....xlolx

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
LOL.....21-14 is in the game and a loss

56-14 is a toe to toe moral loss for UND.....xlolx

But in the wins-loss column its still a loss. Your "in the game" sounds more moral than anything.

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
WTF...I have been to every game since 2004 and in 09 there was never a 1/2 empty stadium....STFU

Sorry...almost half empty.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM

Like I said....just like mpls

BTW..how was the Sac State game today?

Fiason has the pen ready for another extension......xlolx

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 06:09 PM
I like how NDSU beats SIU in a huge game, and yet Bison fans find a thread about UND to make fun of our losing season.xthumbsupx I just hope other fanbases are getting a kick out of it. (Just remember we are not a rivalry...right Frozennorth)

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I like how NDSU beats SIU in a huge game, and yet Bison fans find a thread about UND to make fun of our losing season.xthumbsupx I just hope other fanbases are getting a kick out of it. (Just remember we are not a rivalry...right Frozennorth)

Oh poor darel....xlolx

Oh ya, UND has been outscored by an average of 17.2 to 43 in their conference games! Thought you might like that stat!

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Oh poor darel....xlolx

Oh ya, UND has been outscored by an average of 17.2 to 43 in their conference games! Thought you might like that stat!

Why do you care? Please answer that? Your team plays in a different conference, we aren't meeting in the playoffs, so why do you care how much UND has been outscored? Can you check the points per game for Portland State....they are our next opponent.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Why do you care? Please answer that? Your team plays in a different conference, we aren't meeting in the playoffs, so why do you care how much UND has been outscored? Can you check the points per game for Portland State....they are our next opponent.

Because you always pop-off about NDSU....that's why!

aces1180
October 19th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Just remember this goes in circles, NDSU was tops in the 80's, UND in 90's, UND in the early 2000's, NDSU since 2011. Its called history. Even great dynasty's fall.

Since the 60's, (yes, all years count, but let's talk about the modern era of NCAA football) NDSU had had three losing seasons...Most fans are not worried about the program's demise.

DJKyR0
Why do you care? Please answer that? Your team plays in a different conference, we aren't meeting in the playoffs, so why do you care how much UND has been outscored?

It's entertaining.

darell1976

That's why this thread was started by a Bison fan, and then bumped by a Bison fan just to laugh at UND's loss. xrolleyesx

aces1180
October 19th, 2013, 06:20 PM

Because it is fun to laugh at your favorite schools football demise!

aces1180
October 19th, 2013, 06:21 PM

It's fun to laugh at UN_...always has been, always will be.

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Since the 60's, (yes, all years count, but let's talk about the modern era of NCAA football) NDSU had had three losing seasons...Most fans are not worried about the program's demise.

Except those calling for Bohl's head after a 9-13 start to their playoff eligibility.

aces1180
October 19th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Except those calling for Bohl's head after a 9-13 start to their playoff eligibility.

Name a school were that doesn't happen, _arrel?

Any fan base that gives a crap does it and is happy as hell to be wrong.

darell1976
October 19th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Name a school were that doesn't happen, _arrel?

Any fan base that gives a crap does it and is happy as hell to be wrong.

A lot of schools don't go around firing coaches after one losing season.

344Johnson
October 19th, 2013, 06:34 PM

LOL@Huge game. NDSU beating teams is standard operating procedure.

aces1180
October 19th, 2013, 06:51 PM
A lot of schools don't go around firing coaches after one losing season.

The ones that care do...that's fact.

frozennorth
October 19th, 2013, 06:56 PM

5 Touchdowns. It's the difference between being competitive and being an embarrassment.

75% is almost half now.

frozennorth
October 19th, 2013, 06:58 PM
https://vine.co/v/hdbKMJbhB5O

344Johnson
October 19th, 2013, 07:05 PM
https://vine.co/v/hdbKMJbhB5O

I knew they had a problem...didn't know it was that bad. Oh how the red-headed stepchildren have fallen...

TennBison
October 19th, 2013, 07:20 PM

UND is much sadder, you have an extra game this year to match the wins for that year, and NDSU was not getting beat in the losses as badly as UND is.

taper
October 19th, 2013, 07:35 PM
One is a down year, one is a program in shambles. Think there's no difference?

I posted this on Bisonville but it's worth repeating.

Let's put their defense in perspective. UN_ has allowed more than 42 points 9 times since going D1(2008). NDSU has done that 3 times since 1960.

Bisonoline
October 26th, 2013, 12:01 AM

You really going to try and hang your hat on that?

Yotes
October 26th, 2013, 01:01 AM
If that's how this works, then I look forward to USD winning at least one NC in 2015 since they've got 4 wins already in their second year of playoff eligibility.

NDSU's point differential in 09: +6
UND's point differential so far in 13: -71 (which includes a 59 point win over a Valpo team that isn't even D2 quality)

If the two were fighting for a higher spot in the same conference's standings I'd understand the W is a W, L is a L stance, but that's not what this is. NDSU was on the verge of competing in the MVFC, and did so the next year. You guys are firing your coach. Not quite the same.

Darlinikki150
October 26th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Although I have feelings of hatred and bitterness for UND, to see the state of the football program up there is quite disturbing. I would like to think the more competitive the Dakota schools are, the better for our states, fiscally and population wise. And also its sad to see a once proud football nation has dwindled to a cpl parents in the stand. Hopefully they can get it together, it would be nice to beat their a$$ in the playoffs this century, ha couldn't resist :)

darell1976
October 26th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Although I have feelings of hatred and bitterness for UND, to see the state of the football program up there is quite disturbing. I would like to think the more competitive the Dakota schools are, the better for our states, fiscally and population wise. And also its sad to see a once proud football nation has dwindled to a cpl parents in the stand. Hopefully they can get it together, it would be nice to beat their a$$ in the playoffs this century, ha couldn't resist :)

Nikki your post is dead on, it is disturbing to see how UND went from a DII powerhouse in 2007 with Dale Lennon and company a team that beat Northern Iowa in 2006 and Southern Utah in 2007 to a team that lost to Sioux Falls, goes 3-8, and gives up 50+ points at home with Chris Mussman and his company. I think AD Brian Faison thought the team was on an upswing after their 8-3 GWFC champs 2011 season to merit an extention, I bet he is regretting that decision and us UND fans await the press conference to hear who will replace him in 2014. We saw this crap in the mid 80's until Roger Thomas turned the team into a conference contender. Time to scrap the coaches and start over.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 26th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Nikki your post is dead on, it is disturbing to see how UND went from a DII powerhouse in 2007 with Dale Lennon and company a team that beat Northern Iowa in 2006 and Southern Utah in 2007 to a team that lost to Sioux Falls, goes 3-8, and gives up 50+ points at home with Chris Mussman and his company. I think AD Brian Faison thought the team was on an upswing after their 8-3 GWFC champs 2011 season to merit an extention, I bet he is regretting that decision and us UND fans await the press conference to hear who will replace him in 2014. We saw this crap in the mid 80's until Roger Thomas turned the team into a conference contender. Time to scrap the coaches and start over.

Will Faison do this?

Muss has one more year on his contract right?

If UND wins out, IMO, Fiason will give him another year.

One thing Muss needs to do to keep his head coaching job at UND is to get better on both lines and to recruit a RB bigger than 175 lbs. Go back to what made UND successful: play good defense and run the ball. Scrap the spread type offense crap and go back to a pro-set/I-back sets with a FB.

darell1976
October 26th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Will Faison do this?

Muss has one more year on his contract right?

If UND wins out, IMO, Fiason will give him another year.

One thing Muss needs to do to keep his head coaching job at UND is to get better on both lines and to recruit a RB bigger than 175 lbs. Go back to what made UND successful: play good defense and run the ball. Scrap the spread type offense crap and go back to a pro-set/I-back sets with a FB.

Muss has 2 more years...through 2015. :(

taper
October 26th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Muss has 2 more years...through 2015. :(
As someone who hates UN_ I hope you keep him.
As a ND taxpayer I hope we don't have to buy out his contract. Maybe it doesn't directly come from the budget but it's an expense of a state institution. Best thing is for him to resign, it's clear he knows he's lost the team.

aces1180
October 26th, 2013, 04:42 PM
As someone who hates UN_ I hope you keep him.
As a ND taxpayer I hope we don't have to buy out his contract. Maybe it doesn't directly come from the budget but it's an expense of a state institution. Best thing is for him to resign, it's clear he knows he's lost the team.

Why would you as a tax payer have to pay? My guess is that money would come from the UN_ booster group, whatever they call themselves now.

I hope Muss stays there forever!

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 04:48 PM
The sports donor group is who buys out coaching contracts... Does UND's donor group care enough about non-hockey to buy someone out?

taper
October 26th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Anybody who lives in North Dakota think state money won't find it's way in for a buyout? If not directly then to "replace" the funding gap.

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Anybody who lives in North Dakota think state money won't find it's way in for a buyout? If not directly then to "replace" the funding gap.

When has state money ever been used to buyout a coach? Anywhere? It may have happened, but I am not aware of it.

aces1180
October 26th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks again for the laughs, UN_!

Save Muss!

Darlinikki150
October 26th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Another brutal game. Not only is the defense a shambles, the offense looks anemic. AD better start thinking hard about cleaning house.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 26th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Muss has 2 yrs left on his contract. I doubt Faison will buy it out.

geaux_sioux
October 26th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Another brutal game. Not only is the defense a shambles, the offense looks anemic. AD better start thinking hard about cleaning house.
The defense actually played pretty well if you consider how the offense did absolutely nothing particularly in the second half. Holding a team to 14 with that huge of a TOP disparity is pretty damn good. The defense is improving, the offense on the other hand appears to be heading in the other direction.

Darlinikki150
October 26th, 2013, 10:13 PM
The defense actually played pretty well if you consider how the offense did absolutely nothing particularly in the second half. Holding a team to 14 with that huge of a TOP disparity is pretty damn good. The defense is improving, the offense on the other hand appears to be heading in the other direction.

No. No. No. You played Portland, it shouldn't have been a close game. If your proud of this game, the problem isn't just with the coaching...

TennBison
October 26th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Your pretty delusional if you think that holding Portland St to 14 points is an indication of an improving defense. My daughters powder puff team could do that.

darell1976
October 27th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Your pretty delusional if you think that holding Portland St to 14 points is an indication of an improving defense. My daughters powder puff team could do that.

You do know Portland St lost to Cal 37-30 and lost to Cal Poly by 4. I didn't know your powder puff team could hang with an FBS team or a top 5 team in the Big Sky. Why not give UND a little credit on defense or better yet worry about your team.

TennBison
October 27th, 2013, 01:26 AM
You do know Portland St lost to Cal 37-30 and lost to Cal Poly by 4. I didn't know your powder puff team could hang with an FBS team or a top 5 team in the Big Sky. Why not give UND a little credit on defense or better yet worry about your team.
No need for me to worry about my team, they are undefeated and two time defending national champs.

Scooter
October 27th, 2013, 02:02 AM

_arel1976 found the moral victory...what does he win?

Darlinikki150
October 27th, 2013, 02:04 AM

Darell u know I'm no fan of UND but the defense gave up those points in the 4th qrt. It seems more and more apparent that UND can't close out a win, the D is weak and offense is getting weaker. Tenns comment was a blatant put down, the bigger problem here is that you are so offended by the comparison. Again I will say there is a systematic problem with UND football, starts with coaches and follows all the way through to the fans.

darell1976
October 27th, 2013, 03:03 AM
It's so funny to see a UND fan give a little credit to his team only to be blasted by a "herd" of Bison fans. Shocking.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 27th, 2013, 07:28 AM

I have to agree with you on this one.

Holding any team to 14 points on their home field is pretty good and considering PSU was averaging over 34/game on offense.

UND's offense is definitely going thru some growing pains this season.

semobison
October 27th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Ok, Ill chime in. UND is -11 in the TO margin in conference games and -16 on the season. Want to win some football games? First things first! Take care of the football!

darell1976
October 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Ok, Ill chime in. UND is -11 in the TO margin in conference games and -16 on the season. Want to win some football games? First things first! Take care of the football!

This has been one of UND's problem, pick 6 and of course the defense not forcing any turnovers will kill you.

SDFS
October 27th, 2013, 02:40 PM

Did you watch the game?

frozennorth
October 27th, 2013, 03:03 PM
jesus is that a second hand moral victory?

darell1976
October 27th, 2013, 03:12 PM
jesus is that a second hand moral victory?

No my son, its not.

frozennorth
October 27th, 2013, 03:32 PM
No my son, its not.
no, thats exactly what it was.

PSU missed 3 field goals in a row, and had an interception while on the UND 5. They put up just a hair under 400 yards.

UND was lucky to be in this game, and it didn't have anything to do with UND.

FargoBison
October 27th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I've never seen a team go from having zero defense to having zero offense...quite a feat Muss has pulled off up there in El Forko Grande.

darell1976
October 27th, 2013, 03:49 PM
no, thats exactly what it was.

PSU missed 3 field goals in a row, and had an interception while on the UND 5. They put up just a hair under 400 yards.

UND was lucky to be in this game, and it didn't have anything to do with UND.

UND's defense must have done something to allow 0 points through 3 quarters on a team putting up 34 ppg. Oh that's right you are a Bison fan, so you dismiss everything positive that could come out of UND. I am done with this thread, I said my piece, UND needs to fire Muss and to Aces I will laugh too when NDSU loses either in the regular season and/or the playoffs. Mods shut this Bison smackfest of a thread down. I can see why UND fans don't want to post on any thread regarding UND football.

frozennorth
October 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM
UND's defense must have done something to allow 0 points through 3 quarters on a team putting up 34 ppg. Oh that's right you are a Bison fan, so you dismiss everything positive that could come out of UND. I am done with this thread, I said my piece, UND needs to fire Muss and to Aces I will laugh too when NDSU loses either in the regular season and/or the playoffs. Mods shut this Bison smackfest of a thread down. I can see why UND fans don't want to post on any thread regarding UND football.
well, i guess they did hold them to field goals. #moralvictory

344Johnson
October 27th, 2013, 04:04 PM

I can see why too.....team blows a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter..

SDFS
October 27th, 2013, 04:36 PM
stay classy bison fans

NoDak 4 Ever
October 27th, 2013, 04:40 PM
stay classy bison fans

Oh no! You don't think we're classy? Whatever will we do?

SDFS
October 27th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Oh no! You don't think we're classy? Whatever will we do?

My guess is that you will keep trolling AGS?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 27th, 2013, 06:11 PM
My guess is that you will keep trolling AGS?

Probably, If that's what you call it. Seeing as you are the arbiter of all that is appropriate on here. You should contribute a little more and judge a little less.