PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 5

superman7515
September 29th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Here's is the How They Fared spreadsheet for Week 5...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdGRGN1pPa1pKZTA3ZERHeFVFQU5zb 3c&usp=sharing

I will update and post the Good Wins/Bad Losses sheet in the morning, it has been a long night thanks thanks to the Dukes being in town (not in a bad way) and I just haven't had an opportunity to get everything filled in. As always, if you notice any errors, please let me know as I always add the caveat that ESPN is not always the most concerned with accuracy when reporting FCS scores and of course, sometimes I just enter the info in the wrong box or something. Hopefully this will be another error free week though.

Good Wins/Bad Losses...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdDd2amhTd05oRTZIc2EyNS1QUmFfW Hc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Also, next week could start the color coding process for teams as we start counting down to seven D1 wins (green = has 7 wins, yellow = must win out, red = can't win 7 D1 games) as we have a couple of teams that could potentially be on the elimination bubble already. Yes, I know, they're supposed to ignore the unofficial seven D1 win rule now, but with the way this season is going, there are going to be plenty of teams with enough wins that you're not going to get in with six.

Good luck with your polls!

nmatsen
September 29th, 2013, 07:28 AM
man do you think there are enough NDSU voters on this board that want a 1 vs 2 to bump UNI in front of Towson? I think there might be, and an OVC team is going to crack the top 5? What is this world coming to? Lets through a Pioneer school up there too...

Ud1Hens
September 29th, 2013, 08:09 AM
A few random thoughts...

- Is Central Arkansas only ranked high because of last year? I'm trying to understand how a win vs Incarnate Word, a couple losses, and a nailbiter vs Missouri St equals a top 15 ranking
- the #20-#25 is completely a toss up
- Delaware has another statement game opportunity this weekend at Maine
- lots of talent in the MVC
- UNH travels to Towson this weekend with their season on the line
- seeing how bad App St is, Montana should be a top 20 team and nothing more right now

mainejeff
September 29th, 2013, 08:18 AM
- Delaware has another statement game opportunity this weekend at Maine

More of a statement game for Maine considering that Maine was still unranked last week in most FCS polls.

This is the CAA Game of the Year IMO.......only because Maine and Towson do not play each other this season.

BEAR
September 29th, 2013, 08:20 AM
I don't think it matters with Central Arkansas. With the injuries and suspensions that have occured the last few weeks, the Bears will drop out this week anyway.

Cocky
September 29th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the work

wmmii
September 29th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks for all your time and hard work, could not do without this!

IBleedYellow
September 29th, 2013, 09:39 AM
man do you think there are enough NDSU voters on this board that want a 1 vs 2 to bump UNI in front of Towson? I think there might be, and an OVC team is going to crack the top 5? What is this world coming to? Lets through a Pioneer school up there too...

No.

dystopiamembrane
September 29th, 2013, 09:50 AM
A few random thoughts...

- Is Central Arkansas only ranked high because of last year? I'm trying to understand how a win vs Incarnate Word, a couple losses, and a nailbiter vs Missouri St equals a top 15 ranking

- ...Montana should be a top 20 team and nothing more right now
UCA has two losses to teams ranked higher than they are ranked. In both of those games, they put up good offensive numbers. Their strength of schedule is on the high end of FCS schools, also.

UM is not a top 25 team currently, in my opinion.

dystopiamembrane
September 29th, 2013, 11:13 AM
...do you think there are enough NDSU voters on this board that want a 1 vs 2 to bump UNI in front of Towson?
UNI is this week's #2 team in the rankings I use.

bobcathpdevil56
September 29th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks for this supe, tons of help this week

superman7515
September 29th, 2013, 04:04 PM
The updated Good Wins/Bad Losses sheet is attached. Sorry for the delay this weekend, but if it makes you feel any better, you can blame JMU (had some friends that went to school there stay over, so haven't had much time today).

Good luck with your polls!

McNeese75
September 29th, 2013, 04:48 PM
OUCH, PV does not even get a good win against SFA :D

paward
September 29th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks for all you do. This has to the hardest week for me. There will be some major moves for me this week. I will await my private message.

Tealblood
September 29th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Still consider the citadel losing to chas southern a bad loss

i agree

superman7515
September 29th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Still consider the citadel losing to chas southern a bad loss

i agree

Dang, I removed all the other references to Charleston Southern being a bad loss. That was a mistake at this point.

superman7515
September 29th, 2013, 06:54 PM
OUCH, PV does not even get a good win against SFA :D

They're 2-2 this season if you toss out the Prairie View game for a second, they were 5-6 last season (four wins against D1 teams), and 6-5 two years ago (five wins against D1 teams). They're a middle of the pack team. Sometimes they get the big win, sometimes the get the big loss, but both are par for the course.

McNeese75
September 29th, 2013, 08:34 PM
They're 2-2 this season if you toss out the Prairie View game for a second, they were 5-6 last season (four wins against D1 teams), and 6-5 two years ago (five wins against D1 teams). They're a middle of the pack team. Sometimes they get the big win, sometimes the get the big loss, but both are par for the course.

I was kidding but I did think it was a big win for PV and a really bad loss for SFA