WOW! Congrats to the Bucs.

CID1990
September 28th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Holy shinoley!

Ok I'm a believer in CSU now.

Tee hee

Mountaineer
September 28th, 2013, 05:37 PM
App was straight up dominated on defense. The team is absolutely wretched right now. xbadx Props to CSU on the win.

Congrats to El Cid on next week's win. xblehx

Go Lehigh TU owl
App State is heading into FBS about as poorly as one could have drawn it up. I'll be interested to see how recruiting turns out. I don't think ECU, NC State, Wake, UNC etc are exactly quaking in their boots right now.

Apphole
Satterfield is not Head Coach material. Losing to a high school when you have immensely superior athletes is an all-time low. I'm embarrassed to be an App fan with this man at the helm.

Grizalltheway
September 28th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Thank God we have more ranked teams on our schedule this year.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 05:40 PM
http://www.shelbystar.com/polopoly_fs/1.60682.1354828744!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_445/football.jpg

SpeedkingATL
September 28th, 2013, 05:49 PM
App got totally manhandled up front for the third time this year. Really not a fan of the 3-4 defense as we are getting over powered between the tackles. Penalties, dropped TD pass, horrible tackling, 2 QB rotation, just too many negatives right now. Congrats to the Bucs for shoving the ball down our throats all day.

Dupree can't wait until next Saturday at Citadel.

Big South owns the SoCon this year.

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I would definitely say that the Big South is "up" this year, but the problem I see is that they haven't scheduled enough D1 teams. Gardner Webb, Liberty, and Chuck South schedule not one but 2 sub D1 opponents. Granted, they all play 12 games, and they are playing well OOC, but the problem I could see is that if things become a cluster **** of sorts in terms of conference play, you could have one or two of those very good teams having to fight to the final game to clinch 7 D1 wins.

But now that I actually look at the schedule, I'm kind of doubting that hypothesis.

VMI is as bad as ever right now. PC is so-so, but I won't classify them as "bad" until wofford plays them and my predictions of Socon vs Big South games have not been the best. I don't think we know enough about Liberty, and I'm not going to be sold on GWU until they play Coastal.

Coastal is a lock for the playoffs, and I have no idea who good Charlotte is but if CSU beats them I think they'll be a lock as well.

IBleedYellow
September 28th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Woah what? App State is having a hell of a transition going on.

Moto X

Wallace
September 28th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Satterfield is not Head Coach material. Losing to a high school when you have immensely superior athletes is an all-time low. I'm embarrassed to be an App fan with this man at the helm.

"Satterfield is not"
"Moore is not"

When does it end with Appy fan's coach complaints?

Smitty
September 28th, 2013, 06:07 PM
"Satterfield is not"
"Moore is not"

It never does...

Apphole
September 28th, 2013, 06:10 PM
"Satterfield is not"
"Moore is not"

When your squad has 5-10 future NFL players in any given year and you still manage to lose to multiple nobodies, maybe you'll understand.

We are who we are IN SPITE of poor leadership. Satterfield is a chessmaster on offense, but he's proving he might not have what it takes to be the commander in chief.

Today is an all-time low. He MUST get it together before the program is destroyed.

CID1990
September 28th, 2013, 06:11 PM
"Satterfield is not"
"Moore is not"

Yeah just a few weeks ago App was going to dominate.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 06:13 PM

UGA was quaking in their boots

WataugaDave
September 28th, 2013, 06:13 PM

Never did I say that. And while I hate that App is playing like this, I do enjoy a good "I told you so."

ThompsonThe
September 28th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Moore put a HooDoo Hex on the team.
Not VooDoo, HooDoo.
We need a Shaman.

ccd494
September 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Are we sure that the Big South is that good? Could the SoCon just be horrific?

ThompsonThe
September 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM
UGA was quaking in their boots
As well they should be. They would probably break a leg jumping over the dead bodies we are playing with.

ThompsonThe
September 28th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Laugh while you can, what comes around, goes around.

rokamortis
September 28th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Are we sure that the Big South is that good? Could the SoCon just be horrific?

Answer is somewhere in the middle. The Big South overall is playing better while the SoCon overall is playing worse. CSU and GWU have new coaches this year that have re-energized their teams. LU and CCU have been the better teams and both had new staffs last year.

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2013, 06:55 PM
I'm not sold on the Socon playing collectively worse.

Chattanooga or Samford dropping a game early in the season isn't unheard of.

Western and Elon playing terribly isn't unheard of.

GSU playing the way they're playing currently isn't unheard of

Citadel and Furman playing inconsistently isn't unheard of.

App State is clearly down.

Wofford losing to GWU in a weird game is obviously unheard of.

With all of that said, I'd say the only down thing about the Socon is App State. Had Wofford won last week we wouldn't be saying the Socon is down (and regardless of what you think, that game was 3-0 and a head scratcher). The Big South is more up than the Socon is down.

ThompsonThe
September 28th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Right now we couldn't beat a pee-wee football team if they gave us points.
Gotta love football. Only way to go is up. Hope and change.

And don't remind me that every team we have lost to is undefeated this year, doesn't matter.

proasu89
September 28th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Hats off to CSU for the whippin.

CID1990
September 28th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Our coaching is terrible. We have a sieve for a defense, yet in two losses it was obvious that we had the better athletes on the field. I have been one of a minority of El Cid fans on our board who has been vocally supportive of our coaching staff for the last few years as we transitioned back to the option. But now I am very frustrated with personnel decisions on offense, and pretty much everything on defense.

All that said, the Furman-El Cid game in Charleston is usually a dogfight regardless of how good or bad the respective teams are. Furman came out today with a defensive gameplan and totally shut us down in the first half because they correctly judged us to be one dimensional with Ben Dupree under center. Kudos to Furman for a big win in the 93rd meeting.

We will kick your asses next year!

Mr. C
September 28th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Weren't you one of the ones trying to force Jerry Moore out the door?

Mr. C
September 28th, 2013, 08:21 PM
WOW! Congrats to the Bucs.
Maybe you can consider that loss to Charleston Southern as a good loss now.

CID1990
September 28th, 2013, 08:36 PM

This dude flaps from here to there like a flag in a tornado.

CID1990
September 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Maybe you can consider that loss to Charleston Southern as a good loss now.

I definitely feel better about it, the only holdup is I am not sure how hAPPless App is yet.

Next week should be called the "Disappointed Expectations Bowl"

Apphole
September 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM

I accepted it as necessary. And I stand by it.

Not to say I didn't love and respect the man.

SpeedkingATL
September 28th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I guess the App / Citadel game next week will send one team and fan base completely off the deep end. I know we're standing on the end of the high board already. See everyone in Charleston.

Go...gate
September 28th, 2013, 09:08 PM

Ouch. How about giving Charleston Southern just a little bit of credit?

91Niner
September 28th, 2013, 09:23 PM
When your squad has 5-10 future NFL players in any given year and you still manage to lose to multiple nobodies, maybe you'll understand.

We are who we are IN SPITE of poor leadership. Satterfield is a chessmaster on offense, but he's proving he might not have what it takes to be the commander in chief.

Today is an all-time low. He MUST get it together before the program is destroyed.

BaHaHa....."5 to 10 future NFL players in any given year"......bahaha....what a nut.

91Niner
September 28th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Ouch. How about giving Charleston Southern just a little bit of credit?

That would require a touch of sanity.

Twentysix
September 28th, 2013, 09:28 PM
BaHaHa....."5 to 10 future NFL players in any given year"......bahaha....what a nut.

Lol that puts like 40ish active App players in the NFL, assuming 5 a year with an 8 year career or less.

Apphole
September 28th, 2013, 09:31 PM

Anywhere from ~2-6 NFL players come from App the past few years, some drafted, some free agentry. 4 classes of players. Maybe I was being too conservative.

Learn the game, son.

Apphole
September 28th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Lol that puts like 40ish active App players in the NFL, assuming 5 a year with an 8 year career or less.

That's quite an assumption...

91Niner
September 28th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Anywhere from ~2-6 NFL players come from App every year for the past 8 or so years, some drafted, some free agentry. 4 classes of players. Maybe I was being too conservative.

Learn the game, son.

Come back to earth (and reality) son. HIlarious. 2-6 players EVERY YEAR.....Hahaha.....Free "Agentry".....haha....that App education is paying off.

Twentysix
September 28th, 2013, 09:46 PM
That's quite an assumption...

You are the one that said you have 10 players from each recruiting class that end up playing in the NFL each year.

Twentysix
September 28th, 2013, 09:49 PM
For the record App has 8 players in the NFL right now, one on IR. 2 of those players are from last year, the rest are in year 2-7.

Apphole
September 28th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Come back to earth (and reality) son.

xrotatehx

Any App fans have an NFL draft/FA list from the past few years to shut this idiot up? I could go off the top of my head for the past few years, but I might miss some.

Troy Sanders, Sam Martin, Steven Miller, Brian Quick, Daniel Killgore, Deandre Pressly, Travaris Cadet, Dj Smith, Mark Legree, Jeremy Kimbrough, Armanti Edwards.

That's the past 3 years from memory. Might have missed a few.

Apphole
September 28th, 2013, 09:53 PM
You are the one that said you have 10 players from each recruiting class that end up playing in the NFL each year.

No I didn't...

I said the entire squad, freshmen-seniors, might have 5-10 future pros.

Read critically.

Twentysix
September 28th, 2013, 09:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15928/sam-martin Exp: rk
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16005/demetrius-mccray Exp: rk
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14914/brian-quick Exp: 2
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15457/travaris-cadet Exp: 2
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14110/daniel-kilgore Exp: 3
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13275/armanti-edwards Exp: 4
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9988/jason-hunter Exp: 7 years

App's active NFL players

So 5 players every 4 years is accurate if that is really what you meant.

ASU_Fanatic
September 28th, 2013, 09:58 PM
xrotatehx

Any App fans have an NFL draft/FA list from the past few years to shut this idiot up? I could go off the top of my head for the past few years, but I might miss some.

Troy Sanders, Sam Martin, Steven Miller, Brian Quick, Daniel Killgore, Deandre Pressly, Travaris Cadet, Dj Smith, Mark Legree, Jeremy Kimbrough, Armanti Edwards.

That's the past 3 years from memory. Might have missed a few.
McCray has been getting a lot of PT for JAX I'm pretty sure

Apphole
September 28th, 2013, 10:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15928/sam-martin Exp: rk
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16005/demetrius-mccray Exp: rk
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14914/brian-quick Exp: 2
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15457/travaris-cadet Exp: 2
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14110/daniel-kilgore Exp: 3
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13275/armanti-edwards Exp: 4
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9988/jason-hunter Exp: 7 years

App's active NFL players

I just listed the past few years of players that entered the NFL right out of App. You can shift the perimeters all night if you want; I'm watching a movie. What I posted was accurate.

Twentysix
September 28th, 2013, 10:01 PM
I just listed the past few years of players that entered the NFL right out of App. You can shift the perimeters all night if you want; I'm watching a movie. What I posted was accurate.

That list was put toghether by ESPN mmkay.

Apphole
September 28th, 2013, 10:05 PM
That list was put toghether by ESPN mmkay.

I'm looking at my 2012 media guide. Players dropping from injury or other reasons doesn't change the fact that they entered the NFL right out of Appalachian State.

Tip: work on issue spotting for your next rhetorical exercise.

Twentysix
September 28th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Ah, so you are including camps and cut before the regular season? I see I see.

That inflates our numbers too, I like your style.

AppMan
September 29th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Mountaineer Football is not in shambles. Yes we DO have some major problems to fix. Although Satterfield was not my choice as HC he doesn't need to be run out of town. Woody has a proven track record, he just needs the players to do so. Most of this knee jerk reaction by App Fans is typical of a fan base spoiled by some extraordinary success. I know I'm going to take some flak for this (esp from my buddy DC), but many of these issues would have been avoided if Coach Moore had retired several years ago. Our lack of recruiting quality interior linemen since 2007 has been abysmal. Following 3 consecutive NC's and Michigan win ASU SHOULD have enjoyed the best recruiting years, not just in ASU history, but in FCS history.

That didn't happen.

Since the last NC in 2007:
ASU signed 82 players to NLI's

28 (34%) left the program for various reasons

5 did not qualify - 10 were kicked out of school for breaking team, school or NCAA violations - 13 others simply left the program
7 still on the team have been suspended at some point for breaking team or school rules

14 O-line recruits were signed
1 in 2008 - flunked out
1 in 2009 - left school due to health issues
5 in 2010 - 3 left school 1 other was suspended for most of a season
4 in 2011 - 2 left program
3 in 2012 - 1 left program

60% of the O-linemen signed left the program due to various reasons

Hate to say it but Jerry got too caught up in the celebrity status. He was making the rounds on the speaking circuit, playing golf all over the country, taking vacations supplied by influential people and generally enjoying the good life. The only problem is he forgot to manage the store while he was away. He made some really bad hires and allowed a great O-line coach (not Elliot) slip through his fingers. Then there is the matter of his son Chris. A train wreck if there ever was one. Hate to say this but Coach Moore put the welfare of his son ahead of the program. Some issues were about to come to light which would have been extremely embarrassing for the university, the program and Jerry Moore. Ken Peacock and Charlie Cobb had to step in and make some changes. I've been a big critic of Cobb, but in this case he absolutely did the right thing for the program. He couldn't, but just should have done it 4-5 years ago. Now ASU - and Scott Satterfield - is paying the price.

citdog
September 29th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Mountaineer Football is not in shambles. Yes we DO have some major problems to fix. Although Satterfield was not my choice as HC he doesn't need to be run out of town. Woody has a proven track record, he just needs the players to do so. Most of this knee jerk reaction by App Fans is typical of a fan base spoiled by some extraordinary success. I know I'm going to take some flak for this (esp from my buddy DC), but many of these issues would have been avoided if Coach Moore had retired several years ago. Our lack of recruiting quality interior linemen since 2007 has been abysmal. Following 3 consecutive NC's and Michigan win ASU SHOULD have enjoyed the best recruiting years, not just in ASU history, but in FCS history.

That didn't happen.

5 did not qualify - 10 were kicked out of school for breaking team, school or NCAA violations - 13 others simply left the program
7 still on the team have been suspended at some point for breaking team or school rules

1 in 2008 - flunked out

Hate to say it but Jerry got too caught up in the celebrity status. He was making the rounds on the speaking circuit, playing golf all over the country, taking vacations supplied by influential people and generally enjoying the good life. The only problem is he forgot to manage the store while he was away. He made some really bad hires and allowed a great O-line coach (not Elliot) slip through his fingers. Then there is the matter of his son Chris. A train wreck if there ever was one. Hate to say this but Coach Moore put the welfare of his son ahead of the program. Some issues were about to come to light which would have been extremely embarrassing for the university, the program and Jerry Moore. Ken Peacock and Charlie Cobb had to step in and make some changes. I've been a big critic of Cobb, but in this case he absolutely did the right thing for the program. He couldn't, but just should have done it 4-5 years ago. Now ASU - and Scott Satterfield - is paying the price.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4Oy_7FFvAeg/S-VzN8k9PCI/AAAAAAAAHtI/BTti5_cM0eI/s1600/Mankiewicz.Ceasar.+Murder+stab.png

AppMan
September 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4Oy_7FFvAeg/S-VzN8k9PCI/AAAAAAAAHtI/BTti5_cM0eI/s1600/Mankiewicz.Ceasar.+Murder+stab.png

Facts are Facts. You can choose to ignore them and perpetuate a myth if you like. Jerry was not stabbed in the back. He clearly saw the train coming but decided to play Russian Roulette and keep walking on the tracks. The only people blindsided were those in the administration who made the deal with Coach Moore when he went to the press saying he was "blindsided" by the decision. It was a complete misrepresentation of what actually happened.

Skjellyfetti
September 29th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I don't know what went on behind the scenes... but, you have to admit that our administration made a HUGE error in handling the situation.

If they had an agreement with Coach Moore for it to be his last year... they should have announced it when that agreement was made. I've heard different reasons for why this was not done... like Coach Moore didn't want to make the season about him, etc. But, we should have announced it anyway. It would have sent Coach Moore out in a way he deserved and it would have avoided the talk and speculation that goes on now.

knucklehead
September 29th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Congrats to CSU. Once LU gets past ODU this week and then the bye, it's time to face the toughest BSC in a while. It starts with CCU in Lynchburg on the 19th.

Anyone know if 3 Big South teams have been in the top 25 at the same time ever?

The Cats
September 29th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Laugh while you can, what comes around, goes around.

Yeah, that's what we've been saying for the last 20 or so years. LOL

elcid83
September 29th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I'm surprised I haven't heard this from some of the more "all-knowing" App State fans, but, I'm told that the Mountaineers have decided to redshirt some key personnel this year so they will be available for the first year of FBS football. Helps to explain the down year so far, but I don't understand why those who claim they know so much haven't mentioned this earlier.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

elcid83
September 29th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I would definitely say that the Big South is "up" this year, but the problem I see is that they haven't scheduled enough D1 teams. Gardner Webb, Liberty, and Chuck South schedule not one but 2 sub D1 opponents. Granted, they all play 12 games, and they are playing well OOC, but the problem I could see is that if things become a cluster **** of sorts in terms of conference play, you could have one or two of those very good teams having to fight to the final game to clinch 7 D1 wins.

But now that I actually look at the schedule, I'm kind of doubting that hypothesis.

VMI is as bad as ever right now. PC is so-so, but I won't classify them as "bad" until wofford plays them and my predictions of Socon vs Big South games have not been the best. I don't think we know enough about Liberty, and I'm not going to be sold on GWU until they play Coastal.

Coastal is a lock for the playoffs, and I have no idea who good Charlotte is but if CSU beats them I think they'll be a lock as well.

YT, So you're saying a W over Wofford at home isn't anything to brag about? At some point, a man has to man up and just admit his team got beat.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

Reign of Terrier
September 29th, 2013, 11:32 PM
YT, So you're saying a W over Wofford at home isn't anything to brag about? At some point, a man has to man up and just admit his team got beat.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

When did I say what you say I'm saying? The post you quoted had literally nothing to do with that so please stick to the subject and try not to derail. I'm just saying I'm skeptical of GWU's opportunities to get to 7 D1 wins. I also think CSU may have that problem down the road, but they increased their chances by beating App State.

Not many teams go undefeated in conference. Not many teams only drop one game in a conference where there's a lot of parity, regardless of whether or not the conference is good. Statistically speaking, CSU, GWU, and Liberty may run into that problem because they scheduled 2 sub-d1 schools. It's practically playing a 9 game schedule (if you scheduled an FBS team) when there's 12 games, because those 9 will ultimately help you while the other 3 are useless.

For instance, with GWU, they still have Liberty, Charlotte, Coastal, and Charleston Southern. Those games are all lose-able. They have to win 2 of those 4 and not slip up against teams like PC and VMI (which I don't see happening). An 8-4 Gardner Webb team doesn't make the playoffs, nor does an 8-4 Liberty or CSU. A team like, say, Wofford that finishes 7-4 has a better chance because they have 7 D1 wins.

The point of my post was to say that it's likely that of Liberty, Gardner Webb, and CSU, (at least) one of those teams will be sitting at home come thanksgiving

I don't make the rules, but historically the committee has stuck to them quite dogmatically. In the last 5 years+ I'm pretty sure no team with less than 7 D1 wins has made it in. Sure the expanded field helps, but the fact that a lot of teams have scheduled 12 game schedules with less or no sub-D1 baggage will make their resume's better considered for the playoffs.

You're new to playoff talk, so please don't deflect discussions of prognostication (especially when I'm giving the Big South due credit) about how Wofford lost last week. It's annoying.

smallcollegefbfan
September 30th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Anywhere from ~2-6 NFL players come from App the past few years, some drafted, some free agentry. 4 classes of players. Maybe I was being too conservative.

Learn the game, son.

The way you said it I think he took it as though you say App has 5-10 players making rosters or getting a shot every year. I do think your numbers were a little high either way. The most App has had get in a NFL training camp in one year in the last 5 years is 5, I believe. So that was an exaggeration. I'm guessing you are adding all of the classes and talking about players who got a shot so in that case I would imagine you could say 6-10. There are likely 4 on defense and 4 on offense right now who will get a shot.

Like I kept saying last year App had two legit NFL players (Martin and McCray). Miller and Kimbrough were talented but Miller likely will be replaced after this year on the practice squad and Kimbrough only has a NFL job right now because he got hurt. Redskins folks tell me he was going to get cut but it was much easier to put him on IR than to do an injury settlement. As of right now there are 4 but there will be 2 next September and McCray better improve or else he will have to fight hard for his job. He's got upside though and if he develops like he should then I think he has a good 4-6 year career while Martin may last 10-15 years.

rokamortis
September 30th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I'm surprised I haven't heard this from some of the more "all-knowing" App State fans, but, I'm told that the Mountaineers have decided to redshirt some key personnel this year so they will be available for the first year of FBS football. Helps to explain the down year so far, but I don't understand why those who claim they know so much haven't mentioned this earlier.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

Before the season I recall people saying that they were not going to do this. I'm sure if they were red shirting key guys that it would have been brought up already as a reason why their season isn't going as expected so far.

AppMan
September 30th, 2013, 08:20 AM

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

ASU redshirts a majority of freshmen every year. Last year 6 of 17 played and so far this year 9 of our 20 freshman have seen action, mostly on special teams.

ASU is "down" because our preseason all conf QB lacks confidence due to an injury, an offensive line suffering from multiple years of neglect in recruiting and a defense in transition scheme wise with 7 starters that have little to no previous experience.

HenZoneNation
September 30th, 2013, 08:29 AM
As a fan who has seen his program go up and down at ridiculous speeds I can feel for the APP fan base. It sucks, especially when your new coach is replacing a Hall of Famer under less than desirable circumstances. I have no doubt that APP will bounce back. They have a vision and, at least from an outsiders view, support from the administration which is HUGE. Sorry to see APP leave next year program to watch.

StorminASU
September 30th, 2013, 09:02 AM

That didn't happen.

1 in 2008 - flunked out

Absolutely couldn't agree more. This isn't even Satterfields team yet, he's just playing with the pieces that Moore left him and evidently they were pretty underwhelming. I think the difference between last year where we were able to squeak out wins and this year is what we're trying to do on the field. We're trying to run different Off and Def. than last year (sure we ran a spread last year, but barely) and we don't have the players for it. I don't know what we have the players for honestly. We didn't recruit squat after three years or whipping fannies from 05-07. If the few things I've heard about were to come to light, JM wouldn't be held in such high regard and people would realize SS playing the cards he's dealt. I do agree he could probably be doing better at this point by adjusting, but I'm not giving up on him until a team he's recruited fails this badly; then off with his head, haha.

ASUMountaineer
September 30th, 2013, 10:04 AM
The transition for Satterfield from OC to HC has been tougher than anticipated. It has to be tough for him to replace a legend in the eyes of many. I don't think that the team is much "worse" than it was last year, but an experienced HC can often be worth a few points in a game and pull out close wins by making decisions (or not making decisions) that a rookie HC would make/not make.

Any App fan calling for Satterfield's head is ridiculous and shouldn't hurt themselves jumping from the bandwagon. We don't know what kind of HC Satterfield will be yet, but starting out this way could be a blessing in disguise. He will have to learn how to deal with adversity right off the bat, and hopefully this will expedite his learning on the job.

Any App fan that thought the transition from Moore to Satterfield would be seamless was misguided, being a HC is a lot different than being a coordinator--look at another local team with the Carolina Panthers. With that said, I'll admit that I fully expected a tough season to come about, but in 2014. I was a year off, but I'm not surprised that App has struggled out of the gate. Satterfield deserves the full support of App students, staff, alums, and fans. I'm still proud to be a Mountaineer and look forward to the future of Appalachian State!

T-Dog
September 30th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Time of possesion

CSU 42:04
App 17:56

That says most of the story right there.

Then you have all-everything Sean Price DROPPING A WIDE OPEN PASS ON THE GOAL LINE on a drive that ended in a field goal, and you have four lost points that would equal a win.

T-Dog
September 30th, 2013, 08:35 PM
CSU's winning touchdown catch.

http://csusports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/photos/0011/2ndhalf_CSU_vs_AppSt_0721.JPG

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 09:33 PM
CSU's winning touchdown catch.

http://csusports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/photos/0011/2ndhalf_CSU_vs_AppSt_0721.JPG

That's a beaut.

AppMan
September 30th, 2013, 09:42 PM
It was well defended the guy just made a heck of a catch.

Can we please burn those gray uniforms now?

T-Dog
September 30th, 2013, 10:01 PM
And that throw was made by the CSU backup QB because the starting QB blew out his knee two plays earlier in a freak accident.

It wasn't our day.

WH49er
October 1st, 2013, 08:31 AM
It was well defended the guy just made a heck of a catch.

Iowa helmets, West Virginia uniforms. Horrific.

SpeedkingATL
October 1st, 2013, 08:55 AM
Iowa helmets, West Virginia uniforms. Horrific.

Maybe the first time on this board I've agreed with you. Horrific is a good description. Didn't know App moved from the SoCon to the Arena League.

Smitty
October 1st, 2013, 09:44 AM
The white isn't bad it is just the gray...

(oh and the always attack on the back)

WH49er
October 1st, 2013, 10:08 AM
Maybe the first time on this board I've agreed with you. Horrific is a good description. Didn't know App moved from the SoCon to the Arena League.

I don't know the history of the old yosef logo but it being in all yellow against that black helmet is a brand recognition fail. Look at the picture, if you didn't know who was playing in the game you would have no idea that was App.

This whole multiple uniform craze is really getting out of hand. On top of it, alot of the schools who don't have established brands are buying into it and they are missing opportunities.

ASUMountaineer
October 1st, 2013, 01:19 PM
Aren't these going to be auctioned as in years past? If so, it shouldn't be too difficult to get one of these jerseys through the auction!

citdog
October 1st, 2013, 01:22 PM

Can't believe I am saying this but I think you should. Those are HORRIBLE.

AppChicago
October 1st, 2013, 01:54 PM
I actually kinda like the gray uniforms. I gotta say, though, ANY new uniforms look stupid when your team is in a rut. Just like fireworks and video boards look stupid. Form should follow function.

CID1990
October 1st, 2013, 03:10 PM
I don't know the history of the old yosef logo but it being in all yellow against that black helmet is a brand recognition fail. Look at the picture, if you didn't know who was playing in the game you would have no idea that was App.

This whole multiple uniform craze is really getting out of hand. On top of it, alot of the schools who don't have established brands are buying into it and they are missing opportunities.

I see that logo and know exactly who is playing. It was their regular logo once upon a time back before your testicles dropped.

WH49er
October 1st, 2013, 03:19 PM
I see that logo and know exactly who is playing. It was their regular logo once upon a time back before your testicles dropped.

Congrats on the witty d-bag response, sure it made your day better. Once they move up to FBS, having an identifiable logo will matter.

Apphole
October 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM
Congrats on the witty d-bag response, sure it made your day better. Once they move up to FBS, having an identifiable logo will matter.

It's an alternate uniform that we have once a year, numb nuts.

citdog
October 1st, 2013, 04:14 PM
Charlotte 49'er Football.......Bringing SoCon fans together since 2013

CID1990
October 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM

I don't know why you're so concerned about it, actually.

AppMan
October 1st, 2013, 09:59 PM

We need a cleansing in Boone. Stop it with the alternate uniforms, go back to the old logo and helmets, scratch the recorded music during the game, play something actually uplifting during warm ups in place of all that rap crap, get a band director who knows something about the game day experience, the players need to get back to being humble and hungry and the fans need to get off their high horse, forget the 3 national championships & Michigan win and stop comparing every QB to Armanti Edwards.

WH49er
October 2nd, 2013, 08:50 AM
Losing to Chuck South.......Bringing SoCon fans together since 2013

FTFY xbeerchugx

Saint3333
October 2nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
10/26 UNCC play CSU without their starting QB, come back when you beat them.

WH49er
October 2nd, 2013, 09:29 AM
10/26 UNCC play CSU without their starting QB, come back when you beat them.

Chill out, I was making a joke. You're probably right that we will get beat them too.

Saint3333
October 2nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
You talk smack, but can't take it. Got it.

WH49er
October 2nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
You talk smack, but can't take it. Got it.

Guess you missed the smiley guys doing cheers. If I really wanted to talk smack there is plenty of ammo.

Saint3333
October 2nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
So if I insult you and put a smiley face behind it you're cool with it, see how stupid that sounds.

App football will be fine, run along.

AppChicago
October 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
If I really wanted to talk smack there is plenty of ammo.

... am I the only one who sorta wants to bite?

WH49er
October 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
So if I insult you and put a smiley face behind it you're cool with it, see how stupid that sounds.

App football will be fine, run along.

Stating the obvious that App and The Citadel both lost to the same team is an insult now? Life must be tough for you.

Saint3333
October 2nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
When a another team's fan posts in a thread that doesn't concern them only to point out another team's shortcomings that is offensive.

Are you that dense that you can't understand that? Life is tough dealing with ignorance at every turn.

ASUMountaineer
October 2nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
C'mon Saint, I couldn't care less what WH has to say...never met the guy/gal. Certainly nothing worth being offended over.

citdog
October 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
When a another team's fan posts in a thread that doesn't concern them only to point out another team's shortcomings that is offensive.

Are you that dense that you can't understand that? Life is tough dealing with ignorance at every turn.

Whoa Saint! If doing the former wasn't allowed i'd have like 4 posts in a decade here!

Apphole
October 2nd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Life is tough dealing with ignorance at every turn.

Life is tough with a degree from a glorified community college. No one on the internet values UNCc opinions. They're ignorance is their calling card.

Paper mills like UNCc churn out all sorts of societal dead weight.