PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-30

JALMOND
September 26th, 2006, 05:30 PM
OK, usually I do this on Wednesday, but, with the computer upgrade and the fact that Weber/UNC has been moved up to Thursday, I might as well submit it today. Of course, all predictions are subjective, and thus up for discussion. Ended up 3-2 last week, but I will take an extra point for predicting the PSU/WSU score correctly (PSU 20-10). This week...

MSU @ NAU---NAU looked strong against Idaho State and got the tough road win (and a top 25 ranking). Now they are back home, entertaining a snakebit Bobcat team who just can't seem to get on track. The Cats are 1-0 on the road this year. Make that 1-1...NAU 34, MSU 10.

UNC @ WSU---After their blowout loss to Portland State, the Bears rebounded and represented the conference well in two games OOC against Texas State and Western Illinois. The Wildcat offense still is sputtering, yet the defense looks strong. Can the Wildcats get just enough offense against the up and coming Bears?...WSU 26, UNC 14

SSU @ EWU---Can the Eagles use the victory last week against the Cats as confidence as they welcome the Hornets? The Hornets looked terrible against the Grizzlies last week, a stark contrast to how they played against Cal Poly. Now they have to go to Cheney, a difficult place to play regardless of how the Eagles look. The Eagles could be 2-0 in the conference...EWU 21, SSU 10

And finally, the big one...

UM @ PSU---To be the man, you've got to beat the man. The Vikings finally have a good team in a year when the Griz come to Portland (good Viking teams in years past usually wiped out by a trip to Missoula). Smith upgraded to "questionable" and "day to day", but I doubt he will play, leaving the Viking offense in the hands of Freeman. Griz fans should not overlook the Viking defense and the Vikings should not overlook the Griz defense, either. Pretty close to a tossup...PSU 21, UM 20 (Griz fans, you didn't think I'd go against my team, did you?)

There they are, of course open to discussion. Note to Griz fans, latest weather indications are that Saturday temps will be close to 80 (around 70 on Mount Hood for all you outdoors people), and no rain. Coastal areas around 60-65. Game time temp should be low 70's. Great day for football and fun!!!

Tailbone
September 26th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Nope.

Griz in a blowout. :D

AZGrizFan
September 26th, 2006, 06:52 PM
OK, usually I do this on Wednesday, but, with the computer upgrade and the fact that Weber/UNC has been moved up to Thursday, I might as well submit it today. Of course, all predictions are subjective, and thus up for discussion. Ended up 3-2 last week, but I will take an extra point for predicting the PSU/WSU score correctly (PSU 20-10). This week...

MSU @ NAU---NAU looked strong against Idaho State and got the tough road win (and a top 25 ranking). Now they are back home, entertaining a snakebit Bobcat team who just can't seem to get on track. The Cats are 1-0 on the road this year. Make that 1-1...NAU 34, MSU 10.

UNC @ WSU---After their blowout loss to Portland State, the Bears rebounded and represented the conference well in two games OOC against Texas State and Western Illinois. The Wildcat offense still is sputtering, yet the defense looks strong. Can the Wildcats get just enough offense against the up and coming Bears?...WSU 26, UNC 14

SSU @ EWU---Can the Eagles use the victory last week against the Cats as confidence as they welcome the Hornets? The Hornets looked terrible against the Grizzlies last week, a stark contrast to how they played against Cal Poly. Now they have to go to Cheney, a difficult place to play regardless of how the Eagles look. The Eagles could be 2-0 in the conference...EWU 21, SSU 10

UM @ PSU---To be the man, you've got to beat the man. The Vikings finally have a good team in a year when the Griz come to Portland (good Viking teams in years past usually wiped out by a trip to Missoula). Smith upgraded to "questionable" and "day to day", but I doubt he will play, leaving the Viking offense in the hands of Freeman. Griz fans should not overlook the Viking defense and the Vikings should not overlook the Griz defense, either. Pretty close to a tossup...PSU 21, UM 30

There they are, of course open to discussion. Note to Griz fans, latest weather indications are that Saturday temps will be close to 80 (around 70 on Mount Hood for all you outdoors people), and no rain. Coastal areas around 60-65. Game time temp should be low 70's. Great day for football and fun!!!

NAU over MSU ---- Check
WSC over UNC ---- Check
EWU over SSU ---- Check
UM over PSU ---- Check (I fixed your one little typo JALMOND)... :D ;)

Tod
September 26th, 2006, 07:21 PM

UM @ PSU---To be the man, you've got to beat the man. The Vikings finally have a good team in a year when the Griz come to Portland (good Viking teams in years past usually wiped out by a trip to Missoula). Smith upgraded to "questionable" and "day to day", but I doubt he will play, leaving the Viking offense in the hands of Freeman. Griz fans should not overlook the Viking defense and the Vikings should not overlook the Griz defense, either. Pretty close to a tossup...PSU 21, UM 20 (Griz fans, you didn't think I'd go against my team, did you?)

Good assessment. Home field advantage may do it for the Vikings this year (though I highly, highly doubt it :D ).

Hope BigSkyTV.org is up and working!!! :mad: :mad:

griz37
September 26th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks for weather update for us "outdoor folks" Jalmond. I will be visiting Mt. Hood & the coast so I appreciate it. I say Griz 35 PSU 17.

Hansel
September 26th, 2006, 09:27 PM
MSU
WSU
UM
EWU

DaGriz
September 26th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Sac. St./EWU might actually be a tight one. Sac played Cal Poly tough and EWU isn't impressing me so far. I might actually pick Sac on this one because they have to win sooner or later.
Everybody else, spot on.... except the Griz game. I say Griz 21-20:D because I'm a homer. Actually, I think we lose one game this year between now and the playoffs and this one seems most likely to be the one. We get ISU, NAU, Cal Poly, and MSU at home, EWU is pretty weak this year and Weber isn't impressing me. So I'm nervous about this weekend. It should be a good game either way.

Mike Johnson
September 27th, 2006, 11:13 PM
NAU over MSU ---- Check
WSC over UNC ---- Check
EWU over SSU ---- Check
UM over PSU ---- Check (I fixed your one little typo JALMOND)... :D ;)

Please, it has been WSU for 15 years now.

I agree with the first three and agree that the fourth likely will be a great game.