PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time...

pike51
September 25th, 2013, 07:24 AM
A SoCon team was not ranked in the top 10? Also, when was the last time only 1 SoCon team was ranked in the top 25?

walliver
September 25th, 2013, 10:13 AM
A SoCon team was not ranked in the top 10? Also, when was the last time only 1 SoCon team was ranked in the top 25?

I looked back through 2000 with the sports network poll and couldn't find a situation like that (admittedly, I only looked at the final polls of each year)

IF GSU was eligible (and all voters in the polls considered them), they would at least be in the top 10-15.

To keep things in perspective, other than Elon's one trip to the playoffs, only three teams have consistently been ranked, and only one of them is eligible in all polls. ASU's transition has been much more difficult than most expected. One problem with polls is that ranked teams tend to stay there, and the unranked have a hard time breaking in.

If Chatty wins this weekend, they will move up.

I'm not sure the SoCon is having a "down" year. I think several (if not most) teams are performing well below their potential.

Saint3333
September 25th, 2013, 10:22 AM
If getting beat by Big South and MEAC programs isn't a down year for the SoCon I don't know what is.

I do agree that many, including App, are performing well below their talent level.

PaladinFan
September 25th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I don't think it is indicative of much. I personally think that this season I've seen some atrocious football across the country (regardless of classification).

Might just be one of those seasons where up is down.

superman7515
September 25th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Might just be one of those seasons where up is down.

So the SoCon, typically up, would be having a down year...

walliver
September 25th, 2013, 01:02 PM
So the SoCon, typically up, would be having a down year...

"Down" is the new "Up".

FCSfan
September 25th, 2013, 02:30 PM
"Down" is the new "Up".

"that's what she said..."