View Full Version : Best Under The Radar Players in College Football...

Screamin_Eagle174
September 24th, 2013, 10:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000249611/article/instant-debate-best-undertheradar-players-in-college-football

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/bucky_brooks-110726_65.jpg
Bucky BrooksNFL.com
Eastern Washington QB the real deal

I would tout Eastern Washington QB Vernon Adams as the best college football player who is flying under the radar. Now, I know some fans caught glimpses of Adams' impressive highlight reel following the Eagles' upset of Oregon State in Week 1, but Adams is more than a one-game wonder. The redshirt sophomore has completed 65.3 percent of his passes for 1,035 yards with 12 touchdowns and three interceptions, and he also has 154 rushing yards on 30 attempts. Adams' emergence as one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks in college football has helped Eastern Washington re-emerge as one of the top teams in the FCS. With a looming showdown with Sam Houston State, astute college football fans will quickly develop an appreciation for Adams' dynamic game.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2013/01/14/0ap1000000126483.jpg
Charles DavisNFL.com
Don't miss Eastern Washington's AdamsEastern Washington QB Vernon Adams. In the season-opening upset at Oregon State, he put on an absolute show, passing, running, and leading the Eagles, most notably on their game-winning touchdown march. If you haven't seen him play, I highly advise it. And, Kent State's all-purpose back, Dri Archer, is well worth your attention. His name bubbles up, but since the "Flashes" do not play in a power conference, there's a "yeah, but" aspect when his name comes up. There shouldn't be. He's legit.

Talk about great press!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2013, 11:03 PM
How good could the article be if Lee Kurfis isn't mentioned? ;)

BisonFan02
September 24th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Right or wrong, Adams being listed as a "generous" 6'0", 190lbs is going to hurt his NFL opportunities. Time will tell though.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 24th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Right or wrong, Adams being listed as a "generous" 6'0", 190lbs is going to hurt his NFL opportunities. Time will tell though.

He's still got 3 years to get up to Russell Wilson's weight/strength. Wilson opened the door, Manziel has put dual threat QBs in the spotlight, Adams will likely reap the benefits.

Red & Black
September 25th, 2013, 05:07 AM

I agree, but I doubt he's worried that much about any of that right now. He's just a Sophomore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fordhamanhattan
September 27th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Brian Wetzel Fordham. junior receiver out of Dallas Jesuit

WideOutsRule1
September 27th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Portland St 6' 6" RJR WR Victor Dean...he is a Fresno St transfer with skills. Has deceptive speed, clocked at running a 4.4 40, has soft hands and great leaping ability (42" vertical) he is a receiver that will go up and get it. (former HS basketball MVP)..has a breakout game against Cal Poly, look for him to step out even more as the season progresses.

bojeta
September 27th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Portland St 6' 6" RJR WR Victor Dean...he is a Fresno St transfer with skills. Has deceptive speed, clocked at running a 4.4 40, has soft hands and great leaping ability (42" vertical) he is a receiver that will go up and get it. (former HS basketball MVP)..has a breakout game against Cal Poly, look for him to step out even more as the season progresses.

If you didn't see his ridiculously amazing sideline catch, tightrope walk, and dive to the pylon..., check out the video wherever it can be found. This dude has mad skills!!!

ngineer
September 27th, 2013, 10:21 PM
How good could the article be if Lee Kurfis isn't mentioned? ;)

Absolutely. If his numbers are consistently good the next two weeks he should be on the Payton watch.

Red & Black
September 28th, 2013, 02:24 PM

Saw him, dude's legit. Surprised he transferred into what isn't historically a very pass-oriented offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 28th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Lehigh WR Lee Kurfis had another 100 yard game.

Lehigh QB Brendon Bialkowski had another steller game as well.....