PDA

View Full Version : Chip Kelly and UNH getting some love

Mattymc727
September 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/9/24/4761844/chip-kelly-philadelphia-eagles-offense-evolution-new-hampshire

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2013, 02:38 PM
He's had an amazing rise in the coaching ranks. With that said, I give Kelly 3 years until he's back in college. He's this generation's Steve Spurrier imo....

UNH Fanboi
September 24th, 2013, 03:47 PM
There have been a lot of Chip Kelly articles over the past few years, but this is one of the best ones from a UNH fan's perspective.

Man, those games from the Kelly-Santos-Ball era were just so much fun to watch.

UNH Fanboi
September 24th, 2013, 03:54 PM
He's had an amazing rise in the coaching ranks. With that said, I give Kelly 3 years until he's back in college. He's this generation's Steve Spurrier imo....

Possibly, though he's kind of hurt by the fact that a lot of NFL offenses have already been using some of his (and other similar coach's) tactics for the past several years, so defenses have had time to catch up. I would love to see what would have happened if he joined the NFL 5 years ago.

I wouldn't give up on him just yet. He wasn't dealt the best starting hand and with the Eagles.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Great article!

blukeys
September 24th, 2013, 07:16 PM
I was at the 2000 game at the Tub where UNH made their great come back. What is not mentioned in the article, but what I saw in person, was that Kelly is a great game day motivator. The guy coaches 24/7.

I told people on this site especially GSU fans in 2004 not to underestimate UNH in 2004.

Then like typical GSU fans they whined when UNH went down to Statesboro and stole GSU's lunch money in the playoffs.

I don't know if Kelly will turn Philly around. I would rather have Ricky Santos than Vick in this offense. In addition the Eagles need something resembling a defense to actually become consistent winners.

That being said, Kelly is a winner.

Mattymc727
September 25th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I have no doubt that kelly will turn the Eagles around.

On a side note, I was drinking at a bar in Portsmouth, NH this summer, and Chip Kelly was about 15 feet away. He was with some blonde bombshell about my age (23), and they seemed pretty intimate. I know he isnt married, and he was just hired by the Eagles at that time. I bet he is enjoying the millionaires life....

DoubleH
September 25th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Very cool article.

NHwildEcat
September 25th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Nobody can turn the Eagles around. They are doomed for failure forever.

And I don't see Chip suceeding. Philly will win 6 games this year. Their defense is crap, however it really hurts their defense when they move so quickly on offense. Got to get the defenders some time to rest. His offense is good in spurts but it cannot be sustained in the NFL over the long haul. He needs to adapt, or he will be back in college before he knows it. With the right coaching Philly could have been a playoff team, but it appears highly unlikely.

hebmskebm
September 25th, 2013, 03:32 PM
SB Longform consistently puts out good stuff. xthumbsupx