PDA

View Full Version : Just 12 Days Left!.....

FormerPokeCenter
September 23rd, 2013, 07:45 AM
Till we roll in Atlanta in the 24 Hours of Booty! Team "Get in The Game: Save a Life" is in second place overall. Our tiny band of 4 McNeese graduates trails only Team Pirate Treasure, the largest team in any of the four booty cities!

I'm currently just $530.00 behind Brian Hevesy, the two-time defending fundraising champ and the largest culmulative fundraiser in Atlanta 24HOB history...

One of the other riders on my team is regular poster McNeese72's brother-in-law, Billy Craddock. He's a cancer survivor and just $500 way from hitting the $4k mark, which gets him in the coveted Yellow Jersey....

All donations are tax-deductible and go to a wide variety of cancer-fighting initiatives...

LiveSTRONG, Be The Match, AFLAC Children's Hospital of Atlanta, the Levine Cancer Institute and a host of monetary funds devoted to different types of cancers....

The AGS support has been incredible from Ursus to Citdog to 42 AGSers who donated to my ride last year! You guys ROCK!

So far, 12 AGSers have donated to my ride, including IBleedYellow, who's hit me with several individual donations and a recurring one to up his total contribution this year to over $400!

TheRevSFA hit me in similar fashion last year. His great individual donations, his challenge and his help along with way, including a recurring donation have put him over $400 in total contributions as well!

If you've got a favorite cancer fighting initiative, please continue to support them as you're able. If you don't have one, please consider supporting mine: The 24 Hours of Booty!

C'mon, Get In The Game: Save a Life!

http://www.24hoursofbooty.org/site/TR/Bike/General?team_id=11800&pg=team&fr_id=1220

FormerPokeCenter
September 23rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Make that 13 AGSers who've now donated to my ride! Thanks to RabidRabbit for his great donation to the cause!

Now I'm getting closer to catching Brian Hevesy!

Rabid, thanks for Getting In The Game! You ROCK!

RabidRabbit
September 23rd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Good that you sent out the reminder. Great cause, and glad to see the AGS community participating.

FormerPokeCenter
September 23rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
How cool is THIS???? Major props to SU DOG for getting Perry Beasley's #69 Bulldog Jersey for me to ride in during a portion of the 24 Hours of Booty in ATL in two weeks???

Way cool!

Perry's the young man who beat back Stage 2 Hodgkins Lymphoma and is now the deep snapper for Samford!

Awesomeness....both Mr. Beasley and SU DOG! You guys ROCK!

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/972743_10151715264793406_2095431225_n.jpg?oh=77299 eaafeb7d29db9c38175bf968323&oe=5242A767

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/1376300_10151715264523406_1167199168_n.jpg?oh=81cb e1a72385214e04f6b127721b2cfc&oe=524291F5

citdog
September 23rd, 2013, 11:30 AM
How cool is THIS???? Major props to SU DOG for getting Perry Beasley's #69 Bulldog Jersey for me to ride in during a portion of the 24 Hours of Booty in ATL in two weeks???

Way cool!

Perry's the young man who beat back Stage 2 Hodgkins Lymphoma and is now the deep snapper for Samford!

Awesomeness....both Mr. Beasley and SU DOG! You guys ROCK!

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/972743_10151715264793406_2095431225_n.jpg?oh=77299 eaafeb7d29db9c38175bf968323&oe=5242A767

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/1376300_10151715264523406_1167199168_n.jpg?oh=81cb e1a72385214e04f6b127721b2cfc&oe=524291F5

give me a moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDXEgBh0TF0

VERY COOL!

FormerPokeCenter
September 25th, 2013, 08:25 AM
10 Donation Days left till we roll!

Got this little tidbit today, check out my teammate Bob Falkenberg's story. We made the LiveSTRONG Foundation blog today!

How cool is that?

Bob's an awesome guy and it's because of him and another great cancer warrior, Brian Hevesy, that I've begun to ride in support of Be The Match, the national bone marrow donor registry...Without bone marrow transplants, neither one of those guys would be here with us...

Who the heck rides from Boston to Key West, Fla., unsupported less than two years after receiving a bone marrow transplant?

Bob Falkenberg does! That's freakin bad ass!

http://blog.livestrong.org/2013/09/24/24-hob-spotlight-cancer-survivor-bob-falkenberg-gets-in-the-game-to-save-more-lives/

FormerPokeCenter
September 27th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Eight days till we roll in ATL!

I'm currently in second place...the leader got a MAJOR donation and corporate Match, so he's opened up a $1500 lead on me through today!...

But, we're not done yet!

http://www.24hoursofbooty.org/site/TR/Bike/General?px=1185201&pg=personal&fr_id=1220

FormerPokeCenter
September 28th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Major Props to SU Dog again! Not only did he arrange to get the Perry Beasley Samford Jersey for me....today he hit me with a great donation on top of that!

Thanks for the great Support, SU Dog! You ROCK!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2013, 02:18 AM
I've donated once already but I'm gonna chip in another $25 for each Griz win between now and the end (I know it's only 2 games) of the donation drive. I wish I had thought of this at the beginning of the season.

Griz could use some good karma and all that anyway.

Anybody else feel like matching me with your team?

I'll start this at the beginning of the season next year FPC, don't let me forget.

MSUBobcat
September 28th, 2013, 11:08 AM
I've donated once already but I'm gonna chip in another $25 for each Griz win between now and the end (I know it's only 2 games) of the donation drive. I wish I had thought of this at the beginning of the season.

Griz could use some good karma and all that anyway.

Anybody else feel like matching me with your team?

I'll start this at the beginning of the season next year FPC, don't let me forget.

That's a great idea Ursus and I'm on board. Though with our injury issues this year, I think the Cats need the good karma more than the Griz. With games against UND and NAU upcoming there's a chance that my pledge will lead to no additional contribution. Let's hope for some Bobcat victories!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2013, 03:40 PM
That's a great idea Ursus and I'm on board. Though with our injury issues this year, I think the Cats need the good karma more than the Griz. With games against UND and NAU upcoming there's a chance that my pledge will lead to no additional contribution. Let's hope for some Bobcat victories!

Everybody can use some good karma and I hope it's coming for you guys just for the way your fans step up (as well as many others here) to take on a small challenge like this.

Thanks for jumping in man!

FormerPokeCenter
October 1st, 2013, 10:53 PM
Three donation days till we roll in Atlanta! Got some really cool news from SU Dog again today. Perry Beasley's parents made contact with him after hearing about his great gesture of getting a jersey and sending it my way. Samford has a 2 pm kickoff in B'ham this weekend, but the Beasleys, who live in Marrietta, GA., may make their way over to Sandy Springs and check us out during the ride! How cool is that???

If any of you want to get in on the act and donate, here's the link....

http://www.24hoursofbooty.org/site/TR/Bike/General?px=1185201&pg=personal&fr_id=1220

I'll post totals, by school sometime next week after the ride...

So far this year, my donors have contributed more money than any other year I've done the ride....

Thanks to all those who've supported the ride through the years, both with donations and with support. Ursus and Citdog have been great with the amount of coverage they've given us on this board and on The Wedge....

And, the financial support has been amazing.....

You guys ROCK!!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 1st, 2013, 11:23 PM
Threw in again FPC. One reason is I'd like to see UM do well in this again this year and I know you can't count on guys like Grizo or AG1 to try and match me or really do anything for that matter. I hope there are some other Griz fans that are as ashamed of them as I and help cover the void they leave.

Darlinikki150
October 1st, 2013, 11:37 PM
I just donating 25$ for 3 months. My dad is a cancer survivor, prostate and throat. I know first hand how important support from freinds, family, and strangers really means.

FormerPokeCenter
October 2nd, 2013, 12:25 AM
Wow! Ursus, man, thanks! You rock! That call-out is NICELY done! ; )

Nikki, that's a great gesture! Thank you for the support! I'm glad your Dad's beaten cancer back and is doing well!

You Bison fans have been pretty amazing the last couple of years with your support!

I really appreciate the contribution! You ROCK!

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 2nd, 2013, 11:50 AM
xcoffeex

FormerPokeCenter
October 2nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Ursus, I think AlphaGriz just told YOU and Cancer to go **** yourselves, in a nice way....he donated $.05 more than your AGS, LLC donation, LMAO!

Alpha, LOL! If I had to pay for AGS by the laugh I get here, I'd go broke every single day!

You guys ROCK!

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 2nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
I dont know how Grizo can live with himself.............................. xcoffeex

ursus arctos horribilis
October 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Ursus, I think AlphaGriz just told YOU and Cancer to go **** yourselves, in a nice way....he donated $.05 more than your AGS, LLC donation, LMAO!

Alpha, LOL! If I had to pay for AGS by the laugh I get here, I'd go broke every single day!

You guys ROCK!

Well I don't know about that, wasn't there a previous one from AGS Media in this drive? If so he's sucking hind tit. If not then I'll concede that he beat me and is way more generous than Grizo could ever dream of being. Grizo is a bad person.

FormerPokeCenter
October 2nd, 2013, 12:40 PM
Well I don't know about that, wasn't there a previous one from AGS Media in this drive? If so he's sucking hind tit. If not then I'll concede that he beat me and is way more generous than Grizo could ever dream of being. Grizo is a bad person.

I probably misspoke. He donated $.05 more than your AGS, LLC donation....but you're still $99.95 ahead, based on your additional personal donation! ;)

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Hey buddy.........dont make this personal.......................................... .unless its directed at Grizo then so be it and good on ya xcoffeex

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
I didnt see Citdog on there either................WTF, is he trying to out Grizo......GRIZO?

FormerPokeCenter
October 2nd, 2013, 02:46 PM
Wow, I got a great donation from Idaho! Thanks to MikeGRIZ for his cool contribution to the 24 Hours of Booty!

Mike, you ROCK!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 2nd, 2013, 05:35 PM
Hey buddy.........dont make this personal.......................................... .unless its directed at Grizo then so be it and good on ya xcoffeex

IN YOUR FACE GRIZO!

Grizo406
October 2nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
IN YOUR FACE GRIZO!

Nice, real nice!

Shame on you!

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 2nd, 2013, 08:18 PM
IN YOUR FACE GRIZO!

Isnt it always............in his face? xcoffeex

Grizo406
October 2nd, 2013, 09:43 PM
Isnt it always............in his face? xcoffeex

I remember when "it" was on your chin...outside a Waffle House in SC.

Pleasurably delivered by two Clemson guys...xangelx

FormerPokeCenter
October 2nd, 2013, 10:03 PM
LOL, thanks to Grizo for his donation to the cause! I don't care what they say about you Grizo, you're good people!

Thanks for the support! You ROCK!

Bisonoline
October 2nd, 2013, 11:39 PM
Till we roll in Atlanta in the 24 Hours of Booty! Team "Get in The Game: Save a Life" is in second place overall. Our tiny band of 4 McNeese graduates trails only Team Pirate Treasure, the largest team in any of the four booty cities!

I'm currently just $530.00 behind Brian Hevesy, the two-time defending fundraising champ and the largest culmulative fundraiser in Atlanta 24HOB history...

One of the other riders on my team is regular poster McNeese72's brother-in-law, Billy Craddock. He's a cancer survivor and just $500 way from hitting the $4k mark, which gets him in the coveted Yellow Jersey....

All donations are tax-deductible and go to a wide variety of cancer-fighting initiatives...

LiveSTRONG, Be The Match, AFLAC Children's Hospital of Atlanta, the Levine Cancer Institute and a host of monetary funds devoted to different types of cancers....

The AGS support has been incredible from Ursus to Citdog to 42 AGSers who donated to my ride last year! You guys ROCK!

So far, 12 AGSers have donated to my ride, including IBleedYellow, who's hit me with several individual donations and a recurring one to up his total contribution this year to over $400!

TheRevSFA hit me in similar fashion last year. His great individual donations, his challenge and his help along with way, including a recurring donation have put him over $400 in total contributions as well!

If you've got a favorite cancer fighting initiative, please continue to support them as you're able. If you don't have one, please consider supporting mine: The 24 Hours of Booty!

C'mon, Get In The Game: Save a Life!

http://www.24hoursofbooty.org/site/TR/Bike/General?team_id=11800&pg=team&fr_id=1220

So what name do I donate under? Or give me the direct link.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 2nd, 2013, 11:47 PM

I just put mine as ursus-AGS so he'd know it was ursus...the one from AGS. xlolx

Darlinikki150
October 2nd, 2013, 11:50 PM
I put for Jay on mine Bisonoline. Awesome ur representing us Bison fans!

FormerPokeCenter
October 2nd, 2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks to MCG for his great donation on behalf of the Griz! Man, Griz Nation's really showing up tonight!

FormerPokeCenter
October 2nd, 2013, 11:54 PM

Try this link...and click on "support Jay"...and it'll take you to the secure online form...In the recognition name field, put your AGS screenname so I'll know who it's from!

You guys rock!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Jay, I know you set a goal that you never expected to reach but how close are you now?

Keep it going Griz fans we gotta beat these dirty Bobcats!

Bison fans, you look to be kicking ass as well, excellent work on all fronts people. You are good people.

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
Jay, I know you set a goal that you never expected to reach but how close are you now?

Bison fans, you look to be kicking ass as well, excellent work on all fronts people. You are good people.

$10K was my original goal, but I threw $20K up there as something to shoot for...Right now, I'm just shy of $9K, but there are some offline donations that were sent in that haven't posted yet, so I'm less than $1k away from hitting $10K....I'm about $1600 behind the current leader, Brian Hevesy, who's won the damn thing for the last two years!

He's a Great guy, but I do wanna make his ass work for i! He's a Stage 4, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma survivor, so it's hard to really want to kick his ass...but...pushing him to raise more would be a REALLY cool thing!

And, he can certainly raise it. He's gone higher in previous years and it wasn't that long ago that he raised $41K for an American Cancer Society function...

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 3rd, 2013, 10:42 AM

Agreed......the Bison fans are so much better than the Sioux...................so far. UND.......its not to late to do the right thing.

Jay, let me know how the Griz fans do these last couple days. I posted a challenge at a few other sites, kicked down some doors and called people names they needed to be called in order to get you some cash.

xcoffeex

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 3rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
I just put mine as ursus-AGS so he'd know it was ursus...the one from AGS. xlolx

Damit it.............I didnt do that now nobody will know its AG1 from AGS..................I feel so Grizo right now.......and ashamed. xcoffeex

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Agreed......the Bison fans are so much better than the Sioux...................so far. UND.......its not to late to do the right thing.

Jay, let me know how the Griz fans do these last couple days. I posted a challenge at a few other sites, kicked down some doors and called people names they needed to be called in order to get you some cash.

xcoffeex

Mike,

Wow, thanks for the great "37" donation! I know how special that number is for Griz Fans! That's awesome!

You sir, ROCK!

The "In your face, Grizo" caption was priceless, too!

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2013, 11:13 AM
As of 11:00 AM, CST...

Griz fans have 8 donations totalling $448.05

NDSU fans have two donors, totalling $480.00

SFA has one donor with $240.00 in donations!

Montana Stat fans have two donations totalling $100

W&M has one donotion totalling $100

Samford has one donation totalling $100

UCA has one donation totalling $100

Delaware has one donation totalling $100

SDSU has one donation totalling $100.00

App State has one donor and $25.00 in donations.

Ga. Southern is quiet after a busy year last year!

So..that's 18 donations, totalling $1,768.00

Last year, we got to $2,200, but it took 42 donations! ;)

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Something tells me the NDSU guys are gonna get rolled in this one...........Griz fans are a 4th Qtr Team and we run a great 2 min offense. xcoffeex

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2013, 12:25 PM
Edit to the above.....

Griz fans have 10 donations for $563.05...

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2013, 12:57 PM
When is the cut off Jay. I think I have a special last minute push for some AGS guys that might get some attention.

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
When is the cut off Jay. I think I have a special last minute push for some AGS guys that might get some attention.

The cut off is tomorrow, Friday, October 4, 2013 at 5 pm EST...

Once again...you guys rock!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Ok, here's the challenge. If you donate $50 to help Jay starting right now I will let you ban one member of your choice for one week. Any member you want, including me. I have to use the admin account but will not make one single post and only do the normal work an admin would need to do. The thing that sets this in motion is it will happen if we beat last years overall total.

If we beat last years mark from AGS then all previous AGS'ers that donated $50 and over will also have one week in their back pocket to ban any user for one week. Maybe some of the people that have been eating at you on the board can actually do some good by being a target and raising money for Jay.

Remember, nobody is safe here.xeyebrowx

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Oh, that's ****in' awesome! Ursus, man....wow! You ROCK!

Man, I'm laughing so hard at the awesomeness of this idea that I'm in tears...Dude...this one's gonna be hard to top!

TheRevSFA
October 3rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Man that means I have to do an additional donation?

Who should I ban?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2013, 01:51 PM
Man that means I have to do an additional donation?

Who should I ban?

There are a couple of rather annoying posters that I always hear "You should ban that SOB!" and so forth. I can't believe the decision would be hard to make for most. Everyone has someone that pisses them off.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 3rd, 2013, 02:27 PM
Can we each pool our weeks to ban..........let's say Grizo for an entire year?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

blueballs
October 3rd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Do we get to pick the week they're banned?

IBleedYellow
October 3rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
Oh...my...

Twentysix
October 3rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
For $50, I'll ban myself. Send it to my paypal :D.

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Major Props to IBleedYellow for his 6th...SIXTH freakin donation this year! Thanks to him and Professor Chaos, the Bison are back on top of Montana by $20 bucks!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Do we get to pick the week they're banned?

Yeah sort of I guess cuz it would run from say a Sun. or Mon. until the next one I would be working out getting in touch or communication off the board for anything they are involved in.

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
Ted Jerrell, a Griz fan from Missoula just tied it up for the Griz with his excellent donation!

Ted, thank you for the support! You ROCK!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
Nice work Ted, you're a good man.

CID1990
October 3rd, 2013, 04:50 PM
If 20 of us ban Chattown, can the sentences run consecutively?

citdog
October 3rd, 2013, 05:09 PM

Why would you want to deprive the entire Football Championship Subdivision of its idiot?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2013, 05:49 PM

Ah, doing it more as a fun type of thing and hoping people see it and utilize it as such so that might not be the way to go. Need a little bit of the fun.

I know the opinion isn't shared by a whole lot of SoConners but I like Chattown a lot. Dude is funny as hell to me.

When he was giving the play by play on the SoCon preseason press conference he had me in tears with his reports. xlolx

bojeta
October 3rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Not to throw a wrench in things, but what about people who are taking part in the polls, and Clenz challenge? If they're banned, it could screw up their whole season (I know... I just encouraged more people to donate lol)

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2013, 06:00 PM
Not to throw a wrench in things, but what about people who are taking part in the polls, and Clenz challenge? If they're banned, it could screw up their whole season (I know... I just encouraged more people to donate lol)

No, I would handle getting the information to anyone and as I said it isn't to screw people up and so forth I can email them the link(s) to vote and it's not like you can't view the board when you are banned. None, and I mean none of those things will be in jeopardy for an individual user in any poll or contests even if I have ot set the dates they can be sent to the woodshed.

It wouldn't just be "poof" your gone and nothing was worked out prior for that one week you were out before it happened.

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2013, 08:26 PM

A little late but I just made good on my pledge for the Cats beating UND.

Ok, here's the challenge. If you donate $50 to help Jay starting right now I will let you ban one member of your choice for one week. Any member you want, including me. I have to use the admin account but will not make one single post and only do the normal work an admin would need to do. The thing that sets this in motion is it will happen if we beat last years overall total.

If we beat last years mark from AGS then all previous AGS'ers that donated $50 and over will also have one week in their back pocket to ban any user for one week. Maybe some of the people that have been eating at you on the board can actually do some good by being a target and raising money for Jay.

Wish I had read this post prior to donating. I'm going to do a pre-emptive MSU over NAU donation to reach the $50 mark since Ursus's challenge. I probably won't use the ban, but it'll be nice to have in the back pocket, just in case. :D;)

I also noticed that I'm the only Bobcat fan to donate which makes me sad. COME ON BOBCAT FANS - GET IN THE GAME!

Bisonoline
October 3rd, 2013, 09:13 PM
Try this link...and click on "support Jay"...and it'll take you to the secure online form...In the recognition name field, put your AGS screenname so I'll know who it's from!

You guys rock!

Done!!!!!!

Bisonoline
October 3rd, 2013, 09:18 PM

Let me contemplate while I sharpen up the axe!!!!!!xtroublexxanim_chaix

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2013, 09:19 PM
Pre-emptive donation for Bobcats victory over NAU is complete. Hoping it gives us some good karma against a tough opponent.

LeeshaJo
October 3rd, 2013, 10:37 PM

I'm In...LMAO... mom is a cancer survivor, SDSU Needs some good karma :) so two good reasons....

Oh to use or not to use...xbowx

FormerPokeCenter
October 4th, 2013, 10:12 AM
You guys all rock! I have to be honest...I'm overwhelmed! Literally. I went to bed last night and this morning, the donations have mushroomed!

I sent out another fundraising mass e-mail last night and got some responses off of that, plus you guys..plus another challenge....

I gotta hit the road to ATL in a few minutes and WAY freakin behind on thanking everybody and sorting out the numbers...I think the Griz are about $250 ahead of the Bison at this point, but don't quote me on that!!

We hit $10K this morning....and hopefully the rest of the day can be spent in hot pursuit of the leader, Brian Hevesy...He's up about $1300 as of the time of this post...with roughly 6 and a half fundraising hours left....

Seriously...you guys all ROCK! I'm completely blown away by the generosity on this board...

Once I get off the road tonight, I'll work on posting the numbers...