PDA

View Full Version : NDSU @ SDSU: The Battle for the Dakota Marker

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
September 22nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
I think I've finally been able to mostly recover from yesterday so I'm ready to look forward to the first big MVFC game of the year this Saturday in Brookings.

NDSU has won the last 4 matchups so I'm sure there's no lack of motivations from the SDSU side. I'm skeptical that NDSU can continue to hold down Zenner as well as they did last year but it looks like Sumner is really struggling with turnovers and playing against an opportunistic secondary like NDSU has may be too much for the Jacks to overcome.

I still think Sumner is the X factor, he needs to be precise and make good decisions about where he goes with the ball (hint: he might not want to throw at #1 too much). If he has a good game SDSU will have a chance to win because Zenner will get the bulk of the attention from the NDSU defense and I think he'll get his. If Sumner continues to play inconsistently and turn it over NDSU wins easily.

Let's hear your thoughts on the game?

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
I slept from 7p to 1130a.

Yesterday destroyed me.

Zenner will get some yards, but not nearly enough to beat NDSU.

Marcus will further pad his all time pick 6 record and Bohl will pad his win record.

clenz
September 22nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
NDSU by 17+

LeeshaJo
September 22nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
Honestly, I am not worried about our offense. Now unless our D can figure out how to stop on third down plays... I question if our O will be able to score enough to win.

Honest opinion...
Right now our O is top 5 in the FCS, when we are clicking, we seem to move the ball pretty much at will. (I know NDSU has a great D, so proof will be in the pudding so to speak.)

Right now our D, Mid-lower FCS. Two straight games of not getting off the field unless there is a turnover. It is weird because they seem to be able to get in third and mid to long situations, which should translate to a relatively easy stop... and then the other team goes for 10-15 yards on third down. This needs to get fixed and quick or SDSU could be in for a LONG conference season.

citdog
September 22nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
IF SDSU can keep the ball with long drives to keep their defense fresh they have a shot. Don't think it will happen but that's the recipe for success.

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
I can't believe I am awake right now at work...slept 4 hours on Friday-Saturday night, 5 hours last night for 12 hour shift today.

On topic:

I don't think Sumner will be able to pull NDSU's D out of the box enough so that Zenner can run. Last year we were getting pressure with our front 4 pretty frequently while containing Zenner. Should be a fun game, I'm sitting on the 50.

NDSU by 10.

Professor Chaos
September 22nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Honestly, I am not worried about our offense. Now unless our D can figure out how to stop on third down plays... I question if our O will be able to score enough to win.

Honest opinion...
Right now our O is top 5 in the FCS, when we are clicking, we seem to move the ball pretty much at will. (I know NDSU has a great D, so proof will be in the pudding so to speak.)

Right now our D, Mid-lower FCS. Two straight games of not getting off the field unless there is a turnover. It is weird because they seem to be able to get in third and mid to long situations, which should translate to a relatively easy stop... and then the other team goes for 10-15 yards on third down. This needs to get fixed and quick or SDSU could be in for a LONG conference season.
I think your defense is better than you think but your offense isn't as good as you think. IMO, it's more a byproduct of the teams you've been playing that it's looked that way. UND has no defense and a very potent offense and Nebraska's D, despite being FBS, is also bad this year. I don't know much about SELA but looks like they have a pretty porous defense as well judging from the box scores.

NDSU will be a different game than any you've played so far this year. Perhaps the Jacks match up better in this type of game but the offense will have to play it's best game of the year collectively for SDSU to pull off a win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
After watching some of SDSU this year, their defense is not as good as last year. But they are playing at home and it is NDSU, they always play the Bison tough.

ZZ will not run all over the Bison defense. He will probably get more than 40 yds, his game ave from last year, but not enough to keep our defense on the field. Plus, the Bison offense is better this year.

Bison win by 2 TDs.

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
After watching some of SDSU this year, their defense is not as good as last year. But they are playing at home and it is NDSU, they always play the Bison tough.

ZZ will not run all over the Bison defense. He will probably get more than 40 yds, his game ave from last year, but not enough to keep our defense on the field. Plus, the Bison offense is better this year.

Bison win by 2 TDs.

My Dad and I were more impressed with our WR core every snap that we've watched so far this year. It's crazy how last year it was like "WR core is low!!" Now it's like "Uhhh, how do we even play them all?!"

achrist70
September 22nd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Bison 41
Jacks 14

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2013, 05:43 PM
Bison 41
Jacks 14

As much as I'd like this...

I don't think this high. We are in THEIR house, remember.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
31-10 NDSU 1 defensive or special teams touchdown.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
My Dad and I were more impressed with our WR core every snap that we've watched so far this year. It's crazy how last year it was like "WR core is low!!" Now it's like "Uhhh, how do we even play them all?!"

I agree.

When the season started I thought when we lose Ryan Smith the WR corp will take a drop but #13 Perkins is just like him....great hands and a great slot WR. A year under their belt has helped the younger guys and Vraa is Mr. Steady.

Plus, the OL has been playing really well this season giving Brock a lot of time to throw the ball.

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
I agree.

When the season started I thought when we lose Ryan Smith the WR corp will take a drop but #13 Perkins is just like him....great hands and a great slot WR. A year under their belt has helped the younger guys and Vraa is Mr. Steady.

Plus, the OL has been playing really well this season giving Brock a lot of time to throw the ball.

Even against K-State. Also, was I crazy or was Ferris State's Defense/offense better than DSU?

THE HERD
September 22nd, 2013, 06:52 PM

Honest opinion...

I agree with ya, the Jacks D doesn't seem to be as stout this year. Although I don't believe your O is top five, top fifteen not top five.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Even against K-State. Also, was I crazy or was Ferris State's Defense/offense better than DSU?

Ferris State's offense was much better than DSU's. Ferris would give 1/2 the Missouri Valley a run for their money this year with that pistol/veer offense.

What was great about the DSU game was that everyone got to play and that experience can only help latter in the year.

If the Bison do not sustain major injuries and do not turn the ball over, it will take a perfect game by another FCS school to beat them this year.

JSUBison
September 22nd, 2013, 08:26 PM
I think I've finally been able to mostly recover from yesterday so I'm ready to look forward to the first big MVFC game of the year this Saturday in Brookings.

NDSU has won the last 4 matchups so I'm sure there's no lack of motivations from the SDSU side. I'm skeptical that NDSU can continue to hold down Zenner as well as they did last year but it looks like Sumner is really struggling with turnovers and playing against an opportunistic secondary like NDSU has may be too much for the Jacks to overcome.

I still think Sumner is the X factor, he needs to be precise and make good decisions about where he goes with the ball (hint: he might not want to throw at #1 too much). If he has a good game SDSU will have a chance to win because Zenner will get the bulk of the attention from the NDSU defense and I think he'll get his. If Sumner continues to play inconsistently and turn it over NDSU wins easily.

Somebody missed out on the Zenner party last year. Guess who's going to introduce himself?

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/1/badde614855b65f9cf8d8868ce250844bbb6d105.jpg?x=135&y=200&sig=0b9e82d1c22c36856be55b9699bdd580

dewey
September 22nd, 2013, 09:31 PM
Don't forget #69. I expect him to have a big game as it was last years game that he got hurt on what some call a questionable call. I remember seeing an interview with LP and he said he will not be over the injury until after the SDSU game.

The two boys, wifey and myself will be there.

I can't wait.

Dewey

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2013, 09:34 PM

Ferris State would woop Delaware states ass.

Hypothetical Ferris State vs Delaware State 35-10.

robsnotes4u
September 22nd, 2013, 10:30 PM

You hit the nail on the head. I thought Sumner was a better passer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Grizzlies82
September 22nd, 2013, 11:36 PM
This is the one... if ND State is going to drop a conference game this year.

Book it with Vegas. You're welcome. :)

frozennorth
September 23rd, 2013, 12:52 AM
when SDSU is rolling, their offense is very, very good. I was at lincoln yesterday SDSU left alot of points on the field. Their defense really seems to struggle on the perimeter. I noticed alot of overpursuit at times. Aside from that pass coverage wasn't terrible, nor was the d-line.

Zenner is a monster. Sumner is looks very good at times.

IBleedYellow
September 23rd, 2013, 06:21 AM
when SDSU is rolling, their offense is very, very good. I was at lincoln yesterday SDSU left alot of points on the field. Their defense really seems to struggle on the perimeter. I noticed alot of overpursuit at times. Aside from that pass coverage wasn't terrible, nor was the d-line.

Zenner is a monster. Sumner is looks very good at times.

Zenner has only scared me once, then I realized if you put 9 in the box and actually tackle, you'll be just fine.

Bisonator
September 23rd, 2013, 07:08 AM
31-17 Bison. I'd be shocked if it was closer then that.

deez_na
September 23rd, 2013, 07:57 AM
31-17 Bison. I'd be shocked if it was closer then that.

This was the exact prediction i was going to go with. I hope this is correct too but I'll take any win.

darell1976
September 23rd, 2013, 08:06 AM
Gotta see an OT thriller...34-27 OT win for the Bison.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 23rd, 2013, 08:22 AM

Book it with Vegas. You're welcome. :)

Doesn't fit the MO. NDSU is always up on the road and against a rival. They have been dropping to a mid-tier opponent and only because of mistakes they make.

If we're looking at it the only game that fits that is MoSt. That is why I think they are going undefeated this year.

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
Somebody missed out on the Zenner party last year. Guess who's going to introduce himself?

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/1/badde614855b65f9cf8d8868ce250844bbb6d105.jpg?x=135&y=200&sig=0b9e82d1c22c36856be55b9699bdd580
Good point, I'm just of the opinion that you can't keep a great back like Zenner totally contained 3 times in a row but I'd be perfectly fine being proven wrong by the Bison D. I'm not thinking he's gonna go for 200+ like he has been against the no defense teams they've been playing lately but I think he's gonna put up more than what he did on average last year. I still don't think it'll make much of a difference on the outcome unless Sumner plays a great game.

On the Leevon Perry side, you can call it a cheap shot or call it clean but I guarantee he's going to have some extra juice in this matchup because of what happened last year.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 23rd, 2013, 09:13 AM
There is also a dude with some unfinished business with SDSU.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/media/full/jpg/2012/11/12/1113-leevon-perry.jpg

RabidRabbit
September 23rd, 2013, 11:03 AM

SDSU in Brookings for the Dakota Marker. Jacks are going to have a great game, and the Bison will need an "off" day to be a Jacks W. Through my blue/yellow glasses, Jacks get the W, and make this season a bit more interesting. xblehx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 23rd, 2013, 11:05 AM

SDSU in Brookings for the Dakota Marker. Jacks are going to have a great game, and the Bison will need an "off" day to be a Jacks W. Through my blue/yellow glasses, Jacks get the W, and make this season a bit more interesting. xblehx

NDSU is almost 3 calendar years from their last road loss. They just don't lose on the road. It's the home games they for some reason lay a turd on.

I'll be there. I haven't seen them lose in person since 2009 in Brookings, actually. xlolx

NDSUstudent
September 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Will be there! Row 1 baby! Bison home game...

IBleedYellow
September 23rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
NDSU is almost 3 calendar years from their last road loss. They just don't lose on the road. It's the home games they for some reason lay a turd on.

I'll be there. I haven't seen them lose in person since 2009 in Brookings, actually. xlolx

You aren't allowed in Caughlin-Alumni then.

Begone!

F'N Hawks
September 23rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
NDSU will pound them, both sides of the ball. 34-17.

Bisonator
September 23rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/gifstache_3819_1361826072_zps5acb6f13.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
September 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
You aren't allowed in Caughlin-Alumni then.

Begone!

To be fair, lots of people saw Bison losses that year.

As long as I'm not banned from Jim's Tap, I'll meet you there!

mmiller_34
September 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Why is everyone so down on Sumner? He has thrown 2 INTs in 4 games this year -- IMO he is doing much better than he was last year at this time.

I'd say the difference is SDSU's receiving corps -- We have no deep threat.

RabidRabbit
September 23rd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Neither have the SDSU fans! :p:o

Twentysix
September 23rd, 2013, 12:24 PM
Why is everyone so down on Sumner? He has thrown 2 INTs in 4 games this year -- IMO he is doing much better than he was last year at this time.

I'd say the difference is SDSU's receiving corps -- We have no deep threat.

WTB basketball players playing football?

JimmyJack
September 23rd, 2013, 01:02 PM

Huh? Sumner's stats this year:

250 yards passing per game, 5 TDs, 2 picks, completing 61% of his passes.

Keep in mind that last year he played the entire year with a non-functional thumb on his throwing hand. Surgery pinned everything together in the off-season, and he looks good this year. Both of those picks came against Nebraska.

The Jacks have options enough that they'll move it better than they did last year in the two losses to the Bison. The place to look for indicators of how this is going to go is on the other side of the ball. SDSU's defense has been pretty shaky. I don't think I have ever seen Stig as disappointed in a unit as he was in his defense last week. They couldn't line up right, missed assignments, tackled poorly, and didn't get a whiff of pressure on the QB. If they can't clean up the defensive side, THAT will be a big problem against a skilled and experienced QB like Brock Jensen.

Rivalry game. Anything can happen.

Darlinikki150
September 23rd, 2013, 01:05 PM
I'm a little worried about this game. SDSU will bring their A game. Sumner will have to play an error free game if they hope to win. With Heagle back, the D is looking sharp. On the flip side Brock will need to play error free as well and we will have to establish the run game hard and fast. Its gonna be a great game. We rented Dave's south side tap room to watch, waited to long and couldn't get tix.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 23rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
I'm a little worried about this game. SDSU will bring their A game. Sumner will have to play an error free game if they hope to win. With Heagle back, the D is looking sharp. On the flip side Brock will need to play error free as well and we will have to establish the run game hard and fast. Its gonna be a great game. We rented Dave's south side tap room to watch, waited to long and couldn't get tix.

The good thing is NDSU will ALSO bring its A game. This year, NDSU's A game makes everyone else look like a C.

IBleedYellow
September 23rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
Coach Bohl's thoughts.

http://kfgo.com/podcasts/ndsu-bison/983/craig-bohl-press-conference-09232013/

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2013, 01:45 PM
Huh? Sumner's stats this year:

250 yards passing per game, 5 TDs, 2 picks, completing 61% of his passes.
Again, look at the defenses he's played. UND's pass defense is awful as evidenced by the Montana game yet Sumner completed less than 50% of his passes against them. SELA has given up over 280 yards on average through the air in their other games while only giving up 187 to Sumner and SDSU. Then he turned it over twice against Nebraska. I'll admit I haven't watched him in person this year but Sumner's numbers have not looked impressive to me outside of the Butler game. My point is he's going to have to play better than he has to this point if SDSU is going to beat NDSU because they aren't going to be able to ride Zenner to a victory against the NDSU defense.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 24th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Bump.

Somebody want to explain to me NOW how SDSU is our biggest rival?

AmsterBison
September 24th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Bump.

How about this? https://twitter.com/BShawn17/status/382502827228020736

^ SDSU v NDSU had a "50-share" of the North Dakota television audience.

Add that to the fact that the students seem to view the Bunnies as NDSU's biggest rival and I think you can make a pretty strong case... a lot stronger than some UND dude on NDSU's radio home saying that he talked to an NDSU guy who said SDSU wasn't much of a rival.

That said, I don't really care about who the "the biggest" rival is. All I know is that SDSU is a rival and that they stand in our way to a conference championship and a playoff seed. The "biggest rival" drivel seems to be much more important to UND folks who want to get into the conversation when folks are talking about NDSU football.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 24th, 2013, 09:40 AM
How about this? https://twitter.com/BShawn17/status/382502827228020736

^ SDSU v NDSU had a "50-share" of the North Dakota television audience.

Add that to the fact that the students seem to view the Bunnies as NDSU's biggest rival and I think you can make a pretty strong case... a lot stronger than some UND dude on NDSU's radio home saying that he talked to an NDSU guy who said SDSU wasn't much of a rival.

That said, I don't really care about who the "the biggest" rival is. All I know is that SDSU is a rival and that they stand in our way to a conference championship and a playoff seed. The "biggest rival" drivel seems to be much more important to UND folks who want to get into the conversation when folks are talking about NDSU football.

I'm just saying this thread is awful quiet for being such a big game.

Professor Chaos
September 24th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Not much bunny traffic on the board lately or in this thread, or they're just sick of arguing with NDSU fans (something certain UND fans will never get tired of). There's not much else to say really at this point without obvious trolling attempts. I'm sure if a certain Bison fan was still posting here there would be a smack thread and a FCSD thread (with basically more smack) about this game. To me it just goes to prove that there's actual civility in this rivalry, something that can't be said for the UND rivalry.

I don't think SDSU will ever take UND's place because there's no genuine hatred between the two schools and fan bases. Maybe on game week that gets amped up but outside of that I think there's a mutual respect and both sides root for each other to a certain extent. UNI is the rivalry that could very well replace UND because there is genuine dislike between us an them (although they don't want to admit it's a rivalry xrolleyesx).

NoDak 4 Ever
September 24th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Not much bunny traffic on the board lately or in this thread, or they're just sick of arguing with NDSU fans (something certain UND fans will never get tired of). There's not much else to say really at this point without obvious trolling attempts. I'm sure if a certain Bison fan was still posting here there would be a smack thread and a FCSD thread (with basically more smack) about this game. To me it just goes to prove that there's actual civility in this rivalry, something that can't be said for the UND rivalry.

I don't think SDSU will ever take UND's place because there's no genuine hatred between the two schools and fan bases. Maybe on game week that gets amped up but outside of that I think there's a mutual respect and both sides root for each other to a certain extent. UNI is the rivalry that could very well replace UND because there is genuine dislike between us an them (although they don't want to admit it's a rivalry xrolleyesx).

Well god dammit, who the hell am I supposed to fight with? No more Georgia Southern games.

I no longer have a purpose. xconfusedx

Professor Chaos
September 24th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Well god dammit, who the hell am I supposed to fight with? No more Georgia Southern games.

I no longer have a purpose. xconfusedx
There's always chattown.... at least for another 5 days.

344Johnson
September 24th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Bump.

One of the few games students show up for in basketball....or regular fans for that matter.

Closest D-I school we play. If you ask me at the start of the season what conference game I absolutely do not want to lose, its the SDSU one...

NoDak 4 Ever
September 24th, 2013, 10:06 AM
There's always chattown.... at least for another 5 days.

It's exhausting. Kind of like an unintentional rope a dope. I'm kind of punched out.

JSUBison
September 24th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Well it's only Tuesday, this thing will be up to 300+ replies soon enough.

AmsterBison
September 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM

Ah, I get you.

Well, honestly, I figure that people are sick of hearing about NDSU on this board. Bisonville has 5 threads on the SDSU game and the SDSU board has 3... which does seem kind of low, but I think that there's a bit of "Game Day" hangover with NDSU fans and a bit of letdown after the Nebraska game among the SDSU faithful.

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM

It's the first conference game of the year. Unlike how the Cat Griz game is played the last game of the season prior to playoffs. Also as is clearly noted the number of Bison posters here is large SDSU fans don't seem to flock to this board. Then again they don't see to flock to their own board either. They do however show up at the games compared to some other schools ahem..

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2013, 10:32 AM

All you have to do is go over to www.panthernation.com to see they not only don't like us but they have a genuine inferiority complex when talking about NDSU. Some posters blather on about how many conference championships they have won and his kid would have to turn 200 years old (sarcasm here) before NDSU would ever catch up to them. They like to talk about location and Compare Iowa to North Dakota. Bashing on NDSU's facilities which I think is way to comical given what I've seen of their football facilities I wouldn't trade places with them in a million years. They are envious that we sell out and they do not even though from a football standpoint they have a good product to sell. But they use the excuse of being the little brother to two state flagships (some validity to this point I'll give them that) for the reason as why there is a lack of interest. I'm sure there's plenty more I could add but those are just off the top of my head. Bottom line is I definitely see a genuine dislike between the two schools fanbases. Oh and I haven't even started in on Farley and how big of an Asshat he is. Lastly it can't help for UNI fans when they see players and coaches leaving there and coming to NDSU xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 24th, 2013, 10:41 AM
All you have to do is go over to www.panthernation.com (http://www.panthernation.com) to see they not only don't like us but they have a genuine inferiority complex when talking about NDSU. Some posters blather on about how many conference championships they have won and his kid would have to turn 200 years old (sarcasm here) before NDSU would ever catch up to them. They like to talk about location and Compare Iowa to North Dakota. Bashing on NDSU's facilities which I think is way to comical given what I've seen of their football facilities I wouldn't trade places with them in a million years. They are envious that we sell out and they do not even though from a football standpoint they have a good product to sell. But they use the excuse of being the little brother to two state flagships (some validity to this point I'll give them that) for the reason as why there is a lack of interest. I'm sure there's plenty more I could add but those are just off the top of my head. Bottom line is I definitely see a genuine dislike between the two schools fanbases. Oh and I haven't even started in on Farley and how big of an Asshat he is. Lastly it can't help for UNI fans when they see players and coaches leaving there and coming to NDSU xlolx

I would feel more from that if all of the NDSU threads weren't started by lakes. He stokes the fire over there.

Milkman
September 24th, 2013, 12:06 PM
If you have to debate whether or not a team is your true rival then they probably aren't.....YET. Not saying it won't get there someday but do you really think there are any earnest arguments coming from Auburn/Bama fans debating whether or not they are rivals?

Houndawg
September 24th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I would feel more from that if all of the NDSU threads weren't started by lakes. He stokes the fire over there.

UNI is a pretty easy troll, they do get a little sensitive over there and are quick to point out how great they were. The older I get the better I was...

Kemo
September 24th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I find it amusing that there are some people who still question the validity of this rivalry. If you need some reassurance, just watch the excitement of the players on the winning team as they sprint towards the marker to grab it once the clock hits zeros. Better yet, look at the empty expressions of the losing team's players and coaches as they watch their trophy disappear for year. Heck, look at the fans of either side, for they'll mimic that of their team.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 24th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I find it amusing that there are some people who still question the validity of this rivalry. If you need some reassurance, just watch the excitement of the players on the winning team as they sprint towards the marker to grab it once the clock hits zeros. Better yet, look at the empty expressions of the losing team's players and coaches as they watch their trophy disappear for year. Heck, look at the fans of either side, for they'll mimic that of their team.

No, I guess now after I think about it I get it. There is no question of who is going to win this game so why even discuss it? It's a foregone conclusion.

I totally agree.

deez_na
September 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Contain Zenner and NDSU wins by 10

Milkman
September 24th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I find it amusing that there are some people who still question the validity of this rivalry. If you need some reassurance, just watch the excitement of the players on the winning team as they sprint towards the marker to grab it once the clock hits zeros. Better yet, look at the empty expressions of the losing team's players and coaches as they watch their trophy disappear for year. Heck, look at the fans of either side, for they'll mimic that of their team. Its a very competitive game with huge playoff ramfications on the line along with bragging rights and is well on its way to being a true rivalry. But it just isn't there yet. Saying its not a rivalry is not an insult or a shot at SDSU. Trust me its a game that's circled on the schedule for pretty much every fan. But to be a true rivalry there has to be a certain level of animosity. This us vs them all the time no matter the circumstances. And I just don't feel that way about SDSU. Had you not been on our side of the bracket last year I would have rooted for you in the playoffs. You don't do that for a rival. I've described our "rivalry" as almost like a sibling rivalry. Both side absolutely hate losing to the other and when competing pull no punches but after the game there is much respect and comradary(sp).

NoDak 4 Ever
September 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Its a very competitive game with huge playoff ramfications on the line along with bragging rights and is well on its way to being a true rivalry. But it just isn't there yet. Saying its not a rivalry is not an insult or a shot at SDSU. Trust me its a game that's circled on the schedule for pretty much every fan. But to be a true rivalry there has to be a certain level of animosity. This us vs them all the time no matter the circumstances. And I just don't feel that way about SDSU. Had you not been on our side of the bracket last year I would have rooted for you in the playoffs. You don't do that for a rival. I've described our "rivalry" as almost like a sibling rivalry. Both side absolutely hate losing to the other and when competing pull no punches but after the game there is much respect and comradary(sp).

This. It's probably the only other game I'm attending this year besides K-State which was super easy for me. I'm getting in a car and driving 439 miles so it must be a little bit of a big deal.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 24th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Contain Zenner and NDSU wins by 10

More like 20.

Twentysix
September 24th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Its a very competitive game with huge playoff ramfications on the line along with bragging rights and is well on its way to being a true rivalry. But it just isn't there yet. Saying its not a rivalry is not an insult or a shot at SDSU. Trust me its a game that's circled on the schedule for pretty much every fan. But to be a true rivalry there has to be a certain level of animosity. This us vs them all the time no matter the circumstances. And I just don't feel that way about SDSU. Had you not been on our side of the bracket last year I would have rooted for you in the playoffs. You don't do that for a rival. I've described our "rivalry" as almost like a sibling rivalry. Both side absolutely hate losing to the other and when competing pull no punches but after the game there is much respect and comradary(sp).

I don't think NDSU and SDSU Will ever hate each other, and I'm glad.

lionsrking2
September 24th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I don't think NDSU and SDSU Will ever hate each other, and I'm glad.

Having played SDSU the last two years, I would think it would be hard to hate the Jackrabbits. They have some of the most gracious and hospitable fans we've encountered anywhere ... very knowledgeable about their Jackrabbits and respectful to their opponents - at least they were to us. Glad we were able to get them on our schedule ... would love to play them again!

Bisonator
September 24th, 2013, 07:54 PM

DJKyR0
September 24th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Ready to make it five straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wuPds1Lyft4

NoDak 4 Ever
September 24th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Ready to make it four straight.

about as chicken **** a play as you'll see. I hope Perry ****ing breaks somebody in half.

Jackal
September 24th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Ready to make it four straight.

Good,legal block. Thanks for sharing

Bisonoline
September 24th, 2013, 10:44 PM
about as chicken **** a play as you'll see. I hope Perry ****ing breaks somebody in half.

Whistle hasnt been blown. Nothing the matter with that play. Completely legal. It only was a problem because someone got hurt. That block is made hundreds of times every weekend.

frozennorth
September 25th, 2013, 01:35 AM
If you have to debate whether or not a team is your true rival then they probably aren't.....YET. Not saying it won't get there someday but do you really think there are any earnest arguments coming from Auburn/Bama fans debating whether or not they are rivals?
younger UND and NDSU fans spend more time talking about whether they are rivals now than they do being rivals.

Bisonator
September 25th, 2013, 07:08 AM

Thundar
September 25th, 2013, 07:24 AM

Certain NDSU fans need to get over this, it's getting old

perry is back it's football, **** happens

Bisonator
September 25th, 2013, 08:00 AM

Agreed. Doesn't mean we forget though. xsmugx

aces1180
September 25th, 2013, 08:19 AM

Considering Perry mentioned it on Twitter this week, he's surely not over it...

Maybe this play wasn't dirty, but that doesn't change the fact that SDSU played dirty last year during the waning minutes of the 28-3 playoff blowout...I doubt NDSU forgets.

However, unlike the team from Brookings, NDSU will use these incidents to motivate the team to just play harder and not retaliate with any cheap shots. That's the Bison way.

KUlawJack
September 25th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Considering Perry mentioned it on Twitter this week, he's surely not over it...

Maybe this play wasn't dirty, but that doesn't change the fact that SDSU played dirty last year during the waning minutes of the 28-3 playoff blowout...I doubt NDSU forgets.

However, unlike the team from Brookings, NDSU will use these incidents to motivate the team to just play harder and not retaliate with any cheap shots. That's the Bison way.

xrolleyesx

Bisonator
September 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n8LDUZskgg

Bisonator
September 25th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Anyone got video from last years playoff game?

aces1180
September 25th, 2013, 09:00 AM
xrolleyesx

Go back and watch the last six minutes...Personal foul call on SDSU, pushing, shoving...It's fact. Just because you don't remember doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Bisonator
September 25th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Go back and watch the last six minutes...Personal foul call on SDSU, pushing, shoving...It's fact. Just because you don't remember doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Got a link to video? I've been looking but can't find any clips. Damn ESPN!:(

aces1180
September 25th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Got a link to video? I've been looking but can't find any clips. Damn ESPN!:(

I don't...It was on ESPN3, but I'm not sure if they have it archived.

The reason I remember this so vividly was that I had to watch the game on TV, as my daughter was born the day before. SDSU became lost all composure at the end of the game.

Bisonator
September 25th, 2013, 09:13 AM

The reason I remember this so vividly was that I had to watch the game on TV, as my daughter was born the day before. SDSU became lost all composure at the end of the game.

I remember it got pretty chippy and we were kind of shocked that Stig didn't put a stop to it.

aces1180
September 25th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I remember it got pretty chippy and we were kind of shocked that Stig didn't put a stop to it.

Exactly...

NoDak 4 Ever
September 25th, 2013, 09:27 AM

It's there on ESPN3. Just search replay all

344Johnson
September 25th, 2013, 09:51 AM

In-conference team gets chippy towards end of a one-sided game.....no way!

KUlawJack
September 25th, 2013, 10:52 AM
In-conference team gets chippy towards end of a one-sided game.....no way!

Exactly. Who gives a ****. It has no bearing on this game at all.

Our defensive scheme changed from last year. That's our biggest problem. I have no idea why we messed with a system that wasn't broke.

I'm excited for the game, but our defense is not being put in the best position to win.

aces1180
September 25th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Exactly. Who gives a ****. It has no bearing on this game at all.

Our defensive scheme changed from last year. That's our biggest problem. I have no idea why we messed with a system that wasn't broke.

I'm excited for the game, but our defense is not being put in the best position to win.

Serious questions...What do you figure is your defense's biggest weakness? Run? Pass? Combo?

Also, how is the special teams unit? Any decent returners?

mmiller_34
September 25th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Serious questions...What do you figure is your defense's biggest weakness? Run? Pass? Combo?

Also, how is the special teams unit? Any decent returners?

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best)

Pass Defense - 3
Run Defense - 5
Special Teams (all units) - 1

Overall: Not good.

aces1180
September 25th, 2013, 11:39 AM
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best)

Pass Defense - 3
Run Defense - 5
Special Teams (all units) - 1

Overall: Not good.

What happened? SDSU always had above average units in those aspects of the game.

mmiller_34
September 25th, 2013, 11:43 AM
What happened? SDSU always had above average units in those aspects of the game.

two new safeties this year..two new starting linebackers. They have talent, just inexperienced.

I guess its not terrible--it could be worse--so far our defense has been able to force alot of turnovers. They just give up a **** ton of yards before they do it and against a team like NDSU who isnt going to turn it over... its going to be tough...

We've struggled on special teams for the past couple years.

BISON Thunder
September 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM
two new safeties this year..two new starting linebackers. They have talent, just inexperienced.

I guess its not terrible--it could be worse--so far our defense has been able to force alot of turnovers. They just give up a **** ton of yards before they do it and against a team like NDSU who isnt going to turn it over... its going to be tough...

What kind of turnover on the DLine?

mmiller_34
September 25th, 2013, 01:45 PM
What kind of turnover on the DLine?

DL is still strong but we have no depth.

LeadBolt
September 25th, 2013, 02:38 PM
This should be another great game, but I think NDSU is too strong. As long as they don't think so they will win. The Jack Rabbits are a quality opponent, playing at home.

KUlawJack
September 25th, 2013, 03:10 PM

While that's true regarding those new guys at those positions, I think its the switch in scheme this year that is the biggest culprit. Its completely different and it doesn't play to our strengths. Plus, it was just implemented really. To play this new scheme, the D line has to be absolutely dominant and be able to make plays in the run game on a regular basis. Its difficult to find that type of dominant defensive lineman at our level.

Our d-line is good, but its not good enough to run the scheme we're running. Moreover the linebackers' reads are completely different and I think it is putting them out of position to make plays.

Return teams and kickoff coverage are an embarrassment. Its been awful to watch the last couple years.

Offense is pretty good and will get a lot of yards and points on anyone not named NDSU. Kicking game is still sharp.

IBleedYellow
September 25th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Is it Saturday yet? :D

Ex Pat
September 25th, 2013, 07:00 PM
God help me I just don't hate SDSU as much I should... Maybe it's because we transitioned together, or that I have fond memories playing in the Brookings 4th of July wood bat tourney in high school, or perhaps because the majority of their fans aren't horribly obnoxious. I always look forward to SDSU week for a good game and its always fun playing for a trophy, but my blood just doesn't boil the way it does when I think about playing- well i don't know- maybe a team with no nick name, a hockey program, and a new found inferiority complex:)

Anywhioux... that's probably for a different thread! Bison by 13, Zenner 76 yds 1 td.

Southern Bison
September 25th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Is it Saturday yet? :D

Yo! IBY, IBY, IBY, IBY, can you guess what day it is?

http://blog.envirofone.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/camel.jpg

Drblankstare
September 25th, 2013, 08:53 PM
If the Jacks can have enough success running the ball early in the game to keep the Bison D guessing about play action, this can be a really good game. The Bison D can be susceptible to the deep ball.

If NDSU puts them in obvious throwing situations, it won't be pretty.

I say Zenner gets 110 but the Bison win by 14

IBleedYellow
September 25th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Zenner stays under 69, final prediction.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 25th, 2013, 09:48 PM

Yep. Zenner hasn't hit 50 yet against the Bison, I'll believe it when I see it.

LeeshaJo
September 25th, 2013, 09:58 PM
By my estimation, Zenner is due to go off on the Bison for about 200 yards... Not saying he will but, I guarantee is he wants it this game more than any other.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2013, 09:59 PM

I doubt it this year.

The game is in CAS and he'll probably get close to 100 or alittle over. Last year's games were both in Fargo.

I could care less what he gets for yards just keep him out of the endzone.

I still think the Bison win by 2 TDs

Bison 31-17

NoDak 4 Ever
September 25th, 2013, 10:05 PM
By my estimation, Zenner is due to go off on the Bison for about 200 yards... Not saying he will but, I guarantee is he wants it this game more than any other.

The Washington Generals are due too, I guess.

Professor Chaos
September 26th, 2013, 06:35 AM
The forecast now says 80% chance of rain in Brookings on Saturday. Wet tracks usually favor the pass defense and the power run offense. Not much of a factor for either of these teams I don't think but it's going to make tailgating a lot crappier.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2013, 08:33 AM

You cray. 87 yards on 21 carries.

clenz
September 26th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Zenner is going to touch the ball a lot more than 21 times. I'd bet 30 carries easy...probably only about 90 yards though

Sent from a, likely, NSA tracked device

KUlawJack
September 26th, 2013, 08:36 AM
The forecast now says 80% chance of rain in Brookings on Saturday. Wet tracks usually favor the pass defense and the power run offense. Not much of a factor for either of these teams I don't think but it's going to make tailgating a lot crappier.

I think it will be just a bit of rain in the morning. It'll be a little cooler though by the looks of it. I don't mind that.

F'N Hawks
September 26th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Zenner is going to touch the ball a lot more than 21 times. I'd bet 30 carries easy...probably only about 90 yards though

If he doesn't touch it 25 times and break at least a couple for decent gains, they are in trouble. Their passing game is pedestrian at best. The NDSU DB's are much, much better than the Jacks receivers.

Professor Chaos
September 26th, 2013, 08:50 AM
I think it will be just a bit of rain in the morning. It'll be a little cooler though by the looks of it. I don't mind that.
That would be fine by me as well. Hopefully the rain is gone by 10.

mmiller_34
September 26th, 2013, 09:21 AM

Depends on if we have success with the run... we'll need to establish the pass offense first to open up the running game.

Scooter
September 26th, 2013, 09:50 AM
NDSU gets this win. Here's why... (1) Anthony LaVoy, (2) Zach Colvin, (3) Derek Lang, (4) Cooper Wahlo

All four of these guys are upperclassmen who can't crack the Bison two deep roster.

I'm a huge LaVoy fan. He does whatever is asked from the coaching staff and has an impact when on the field
Colvin makes big plays whenever given the opportunity.
Lang is probably the hardest guy to bring down on the Bison roster.
Wahlo has just had some bad luck.

There isn't a team out there that wouldn't want these guys on their two deep roster.
LaVoy would probably be a starter on most MVC teams.

This season, the Bison have more depth than everyone else. It's a difference maker.

NDSU 38 SDSU 21

Go Bison
September 26th, 2013, 10:00 AM
SDSU will beat NDSU on Saturday*

*in volleyball not football.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 26th, 2013, 10:04 AM

The last 200 yd rusher NDSU allowed was Taiwan Jones in 2010. I'm not even sure if anyone else has done that within 10-15 years.

Anyone know?

AmsterBison
September 26th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I'll be pleasantly surprised if NDSU holds Zenner to under 100 yards.

i_got_a_fever
September 26th, 2013, 10:12 AM
The last 200 yd rusher NDSU allowed was Taiwan Jones in 2010. I'm not even sure if anyone else has done that within 10-15 years.

Anyone know?

Josh Ranek, SDSU, Twice

10-24-98, 282 yards, at NDSU

10-20-01, 254 yards, at NDSU

robsnotes4u
September 26th, 2013, 10:17 AM
They are suppose to get an inch on friday plus have a high school football game Friday night. That could effect the field and help Zenner

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Go Bison
September 26th, 2013, 10:22 AM

In the last 3 games that Zenner has played against NDSU he has 15, 14 and 7 carries. Total yards were 126 for 3.5 yards/carry.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 26th, 2013, 10:24 AM
They are suppose to get an inch on friday plus have a high school football game Friday night. That could effect the field and help Zenner

maybe, you see Adrian Peterson against Chicago? The field was like a 12th defender. I understand he's more used to playing on the kitty litter but with our linebackers, I'm feeling good. Nobody hits harder than our guys. Just get out the longer cleats.

344Johnson
September 26th, 2013, 10:24 AM

Or....it could help NDSU.

I think he gets 80-100 yards on about 25 touches.

HerdNugget9000
September 26th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Or....it could help NDSU.

I think he gets 80-100 yards on about 25 touches.

I'd be surprised if he gets to 25 carries. Bison M.O. is to turn you one dimensional. Bison Special teams likes returning punts for TDs at CAS, if we get up early, his touches will be limited.

Go Bison
September 26th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I think a good bet will be which team will have more rushing yards. I'll take NDSU.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I think a good bet will be which team will have more rushing yards. I'll take NDSU.

Sam and John may both have more yards than Zenner, individually. In both games last year, this was the case and in the game the previous season McNorton and Ojuri both had more yards than Zenner, individually.

That's not to say Zenner isn't good, cause he's awesome.

DJKyR0
September 26th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Zenner won't break 75.

dewey
September 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I was reading the SDSU fan forum and someone was making fun of North Dakota for being southern Canada. Anyone else see that pearl of wisdom? I also think the NDSU defense will stuff ZZ again and he will be lucky to get 75 yards. Plus SDSU has what appears to be a very suspect defense that I think the offense will take full advantage of. The NDSU defense stuffed ZZ in two games last year and NDSU is arguably better this year with Colton Heagle and Leevon Perry back. I just don't see it being close unless NDSU turns the ball over but in big games Brock Jensen plays some of his best games.

I think NDSU wins this game 31-17.

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
September 26th, 2013, 03:28 PM
I was reading the SDSU fan forum and someone was making fun of North Dakota for being southern Canada. Anyone else see that pearl of wisdom? I also think the NDSU defense will stuff ZZ again and he will be lucky to get 75 yards. Plus SDSU has what appears to be a very suspect defense that I think the offense will take full advantage of. The NDSU defense stuffed ZZ in two games last year and NDSU is arguably better this year with Colton Heagle and Leevon Perry back. I just don't see it being close unless NDSU turns the ball over but in big games Brock Jensen plays some of his best games.

Dewey

I used to date a girl from South Dakota. She lived on a dairy farm near Beresford, population 1500 or so. Her family used to make fun of me for being from North Dakota. I was quick to remind them of the fact that my high school was bigger than their whole f'n town.

BisonBacker
September 26th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Yeah I saw that comment to which I thought was funny coming from a SDSU fan. Anyway it should be a good game. SDSU always gets up for this game but I still think with the leadership on the team we win this game.

KUlawJack
September 26th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah I saw that comment to which I thought was funny coming from a SDSU fan. Anyway it should be a good game. SDSU always gets up for this game but I still think with the leadership on the team we win this game.

The Southern Canada statement came from an NDSU fan didn't it? In any event, both states are cold.

TennBison
September 26th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I said this on Bisonville.
I am going to guess that ZZ will get about 103 yards. One of his runs will probably net him between 35-50 yards and all the rest will be in the 2-3 yard range with a few 5-7 yard runs sprinkled in. Going to guess he runs it between 25-28 times and might get 1 TD. Bison win 31-17.

Bisonator
September 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM
OK gotta get this done before I leave for vacation. Here is my predict:

SDSU - 17 ; ZZ gets 68 yards on 21 carries and 1 TD. Sumner 17 of 31 for a TD and 2 int's.

NDSU - 31 ; SO 12 carries for 78 yards 1 TD. SC 13 carries for 87 yards 1 TD. Jensen 17 of 24 1 TD and 1 int also runs 11 times for 67 yards and a TD.

It'll be close for a half. Probably 14-10 at halftime. NDSU makes adjustments and pulls away in the second half.

Bisonator
September 27th, 2013, 07:11 AM
TGIF! Woohooo!! GO BISON!!! Stomp the bunnies!!!!xpeacex

Bisonator
September 27th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Forecast for Brookings:

TodayA slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

TonightA chance of rain and thunderstorms, then rain after 8pm. Low around 51. West wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

SaturdayShowers likely, mainly before 7am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 63. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Looks like a good day for smash mouth football!xnodx

Twentysix
September 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Forecast for Brookings:

Today
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tonight
A chance of rain and thunderstorms, then rain after 8pm. Low around 51. West wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday
Showers likely, mainly before 7am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 63. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Looks like a good day for smash mouth football!xnodx

100% chance of THUNDAR :p

Dakotaguy74
September 27th, 2013, 11:54 AM
The field at Coughlin should be in great shape. Sounds like the start of a good commercial for Oxi-Clean.

Houndawg
September 27th, 2013, 12:19 PM

Dewey

One thing I've noticed in my travels is that people from South Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba all tell North Dakota jokes. Probably just a regional curiosity..

Twentysix
September 27th, 2013, 12:20 PM
One thing I've noticed in my travels is that people from South Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba all tell North Dakota jokes. Probably just a regional curiosity..

No one asked you... xsmhx

dewey
September 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Who else is going to be at the game? I will be there with the wifey and our boys (3.5 years and 3 months).

Dewey

Twentysix
September 27th, 2013, 02:01 PM
On the death trap around the 40's.

Evolution Prime
September 27th, 2013, 03:09 PM
I'll be there. Bringing my co-worker who is a NDSU grad. Sitting in Section K. Should be a good time.

IBleedYellow
September 27th, 2013, 04:25 PM
My father, girlfriend, sister and I will be at the game. Sitting on the 50 one the deadly bleachers.

Look for the Bison fan wearing the College GameDay orange Home Depot Hardhat. That's me. If you see me and you're an AGS poster you should say hi.

Green1
September 27th, 2013, 04:59 PM

Jealousy, my friend. Jealousy.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 27th, 2013, 06:35 PM

I went to grad school in Charleston and southern Ill is no utopia.....xrolleyesx

citdog
September 27th, 2013, 06:45 PM
I went to grad school in Charleston and southern Ill is no utopia.....xrolleyesx

you went to grad school in Charleston, ILLINOIS.

below is utopia

http://vickiwilsonphotos.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/smchbattery1.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 27th, 2013, 07:32 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

citdog...let me guess; that is somewhere in SC...right?

Southern Bison
September 27th, 2013, 08:21 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

citdog...let me guess; that is somewhere in SC...right?

Citdog is right...Historic Charleston is stunning!

marenlee
September 27th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Citdog is right...Historic Charleston is stunning!

But then head a block out of the historic district... Not so much :p Still love it though.

marenlee
September 27th, 2013, 09:08 PM
But then head a block out of the historic district... Not so much :p Still love it though.

Oh, and gotta love the paper mill smell.

Twentysix
September 28th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Leaving for Brookings in a few hours, I should get to sleep.

Go Bison!

Houndawg
September 28th, 2013, 05:44 AM

Charleston isn't in southern Illinois.xsmhx

Houndawg
September 28th, 2013, 05:48 AM
No one asked you... xsmhx

Just an observation, I thought the folks were pretty nice. And I guess if you're from Minnesota you need ​somebody ​to look down on.

IBleedYellow
September 28th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Almost time to get to Brookings from Watertown.

Moto X

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Charleston isn't in southern Illinois.xsmhx

I know it is not...I've been in southern Ill...xsmhx

Houndawg
September 28th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I know it is not...I've been in southern Ill...xsmhx

You are very fortunate.xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 08:55 AM
You are very fortunate.xthumbsupx

Just giving you sh**. Nice country down there.

xnodx

Houndawg
September 28th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Just giving you sh**. Nice country down there.

xnodx

It isn't at all what my image of Illinois was when I moved here from out west. More southern than mid-western, imo.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 01:13 PM
GO BISON

45 minutes from kickoff!!

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 01:26 PM
http://cdn5.movieclips.com/universal/f/fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-1982/0170491_2942_MC_Tx304.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Missouri State 7-0 up on Ill State in the 1st

clenz
September 28th, 2013, 01:48 PM
What's the weather like there?

Rainy and cold here in Cedar Falls...call me a pussy but I'm glad I can watch the top 10 match up in the dome today

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Just talked to my brother a little while ago and he said it had stopped raining, but it's still going to a messy field

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Actually the field looks good on tv

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Drevlow is out....not a good loss for NDSU.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Bison D forces a punt on the Jacks 1st pos

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Drevlow is out....not a good loss for NDSU.
Yeah thats a big hole to fill

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 02:10 PM

Tough game for him to be missing with Zenner....Drevlow is a run stuffing beast.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Tough game for him to be missing with Zenner....Drevlow is a run stuffing beast.
It's a big game, but I'm Ok with them being careful early in the year. Still tough loss against Zenner.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Great punt!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 02:15 PM

Plenty of depth on D-Line

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 28th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Did NDSU just punt on third down or is that a GameCast mistake?

[EDIT] NM, loss of down after IG penalty.

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Did NDSU just punt on third down or is that a GameCast mistake?

gamecast mistake...intentional grounding penalty and loss of down.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Bison D forces another punt. 0-0 6 min 1st q

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Gotta get Ojuri and Crockett going...

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 28th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Were these fourth and 1s long 1s or under a yard? I would think when you have a guy like Zenner you need to go for those 4th and shorts. SDSU needs to gamble to win this game IMO.

clenz
September 28th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Is there a stream of this game?

I've got about an hour until I head to the UNI game...games on TV suck **** today

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Were these fourth and 1s long 1s or under a yard? I would think when you have a guy like Zenner you need to go for those 4th and shorts. SDSU needs to gamble to win this game IMO.

Very short...I'm surprised they are punting, but it would be a disaster if they didn't get it based on field position.

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Is there a stream of this game?

I've got about an hour until I head to the UNI game...games on TV suck **** today

No clue. I imagine SDSU or NDSU has it streaming on their websites, but it is probably by subscription.

Bison Fan in NW MN

Not in this game.

Play the field position.

Drblankstare
I agree, but it might be a bit early to start taking chances. If they get one on the Bison end, I can def see them gonna for it.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Jacks passing a lot on 1st down

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 02:30 PM
SDSU kinda abandoning the run already?

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Not a good start for NDSU thus far.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:36 PM
SDSU kinda abandoning the run already?
I wouldn't say that. I'm sure that's the gameplan early for them

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Why is there no clock on the broadcast?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Great punt by Bison

Squealofthepig
September 28th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Is that right, on my gamecast? LeCompte punt for 74 yards? Way to flip the field, impressive!

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:41 PM
0-0 end of 1st Q. Jacks ball at their 20

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Is that right, on my gamecast? LeCompte punt for 74 yards? Way to flip the field, impressive!
Ball got past Jacks returner.

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Zenner....4 carries for 1 yard in the first quarter.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Punt return for a TD called back

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Block in back takes away a TD for the Bison.

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Punt return for a TD called back

Terrible penalty to take....Dudzik was already by that defender.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Great catch by Vraa

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Unreal pass and catch from Jenson to Vraa. Bison driving

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Need a TD

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 02:52 PM
TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

For the Bison

BisonFan02
TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

For the Bison

Run the VEER!

Drblankstare
TD Jenson keeper. Sound familiar. 7-0 NDSU. 8 min left in the 2nd

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Bison draw 1st blood. NDSU 7, SDSU 0. @ 8:47 left in 2nd qtr.

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I'll have no clue how much time is left the whole time...MIDCO doesn't know what a game clock is.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:55 PM
It's early, but it will be curious to see how the Jacks O responds

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Jacks still throwing on 1st down.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I'll have no clue how much time is left the whole time...MIDCO doesn't know what a game clock is.
So ****ing annoying

marenlee
September 28th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Haha. During commercial break you could still hear the SDSU announcers. They mentioned the crowd looks a lot like the USD NDSU game from last year.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Brock Jenson is a master at the scramble. Great pickup

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 03:07 PM
How much time is left in the half???? **** Midco

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2013, 03:07 PM
NDSU has committed more penalties in the 1st half than in preceding 3 games. And more punts. Jensen is GREAT with his legs. (DAMN)

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2013, 03:08 PM
1:30 to half

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Another terrible snap, ends the Bison drive

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Ugly first half for NDSU outside of the D and punter LeCompte. Not happy.

Bisonwinagn
September 28th, 2013, 03:13 PM
NDSU extremely sloppy in the first half. punted with 14 seconds left

Houndawg
September 28th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Jacks still throwing on 1st down.

Makes sense. Try to back the safeties off, Zenner has been stuffed by this d twice before.

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 03:19 PM
SDSU.... -4 yards rushing at the half.

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2013, 03:19 PM
At half, NDSU 7, SDSU 0. SDSU rushing -12 yd. No yards for Zenner on runs.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 03:21 PM
7-0 Bison at the half. Jacks seem up to the task. Bison O looks sluggish and sloppy. Bison D looks solid as usual. The Jacks haven't really tried to run the ball. NDSU ball to start the 2nd half.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Bison need to cut down on penalties.

Should be 14-0

IBleedYellow
I haven't seen us play so sloppy in quite a while. Thankfully the defense is being their normal stingy selves.

Moto X

Bisonator
Wow probably the ugliest first half in a long time. Coach Bohl will have some things to talk about. Penalties, bad snaps at least the defense is stellar as usual. Just get out of there with the win and the rock.

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2013, 03:27 PM
This is a typical Dakota Marker game. Midwest smash mouth football between these two teams.

Bison56
September 28th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Wow probably the ugliest first half in a long time. Coach Bohl will have some things to talk about. Penalties, bad snaps at least the defense is stellar as usual. Just get out of there with the win and the rock.
This.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 03:32 PM

Clean up the penalties and we roll in the 2nd half.

The school up north getting beat 14-0....xlolx

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2013, 03:35 PM
This is a typical Dakota Marker game. Midwest smash mouth football between these two teams.

Bisonwinagn
September 28th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Thinking NDSU was too pumped for this game..Should settle down the second half and be fine as long as the DL continues to dominate.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 03:41 PM
My god another false start for the Bison. WTF

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Good catch by Woods

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Hopefully this is this season's letdown game....shouldn't be, but WTF is going on.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Pick for the Jacks at the 50

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 03:45 PM
So it starts..........

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Bison defense looks really good!!!!

Bison56
September 28th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Bison defense looks really good!!!!
Thank goodness.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Thank goodness.

Great field position....need to score.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Frickin 3 and out.....not good

Bisonwinagn
September 28th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Our punter the player of the game so far!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
Our punter the player of the game so far!!

yes he is.

Drblankstare
Bison O looks lost. They do is every so often.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 03:57 PM
The offense needs to get their sh** together and score!!

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2013, 03:58 PM
This, and the UNI game should be Bison's toughest games of the season. This is likely a play-off quality game between these two excellent teams.

SDSU really needs to knock the Bison in the teeth this game.

So far, not successful in knocking the Bison much of anywhere.

Squealofthepig
September 28th, 2013, 03:58 PM
wrong thread, mispost

marenlee
September 28th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Man I feel really dirty paying SDSU site $12 for this game.

marenlee
September 28th, 2013, 04:04 PM
SDSU losing their cool again like last game?

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Where did these officials come from?

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:06 PM
That was a touchdown. Jacks DB ripped the ball out after Vraa was on his back.

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Pretty ****ty effort Bison........

Bisonwinagn
September 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Worst game the Bison have played in 3 years... Ughhhh!!

darell1976
September 28th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Hey Bison can we borrow your defense for the next 7 games? Send your game film to Muss and tell him this is a defense.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Terrible call against the Jacks. Clear catch. Called him out of bounds. Bison ball at the 50

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Offense....let's go.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Hey Bison can we borrow your defense for the next 7 games? Send your game film to Muss and tell him this is a defense.
UND would be damn dangerous if they could play D

marenlee
September 28th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Terrible call against the Jacks. Clear catch. Called him out of bounds. Bison ball at the 50

Nope. Ball popped out. Didn't finish the catch.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 04:14 PM
several questionable calls against the rabbits