Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis
Montana @ Northern Arizona

bonarae
September 22nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
Thursday

Cal Poly @ Portland State

Saturday

Eastern Washington @ Sam Houston State - Adams vs. Flanders.
Montana State @ North Dakota
Southern Utah @ N. Colorado
Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis

GoAgs72
September 22nd, 2013, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=darell1976;2013168]Thursday

Cal Poly @ Portland State I think Portland State's offense is for real.

Saturday

Eastern Washington @ Sam Houston State Toss-up
Montana State @ North Dakota Closer than it would have been
Southern Utah @ N. Colorado SUU without Sorensen is still better than half the Big Sky
Sac State @ Weber State Two not very good teams
Idaho State @ UC Davis Two really not very good teams
Montana @ Northern Arizona Montana's hot

fencer24
September 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
I don't know why everyone is picking Montana State over UND. UND has an offense to shred the Cats defense especially if it's the one that played last Saturday. And they have the D-Line to keep pressure on Bleskin in the pocket. I could easily see UND taking this one at home. If they were playing in Bozeman, maybe not so much.

darell1976
September 23rd, 2013, 09:43 AM
I don't know why everyone is picking Montana State over UND. UND has an offense to shred the Cats defense especially if it's the one that played last Saturday. And they have the D-Line to keep pressure on Bleskin in the pocket. I could easily see UND taking this one at home. If they were playing in Bozeman, maybe not so much.

UND couldn't stop the run against SDSU, couldn't stop the pass against Montana, until they prove they can stop an offense which wasn't seen much last year and hasn't happened this year (Valpo doesn't count) I wouldn't pick UND. (And I didn't)

Walkon79
September 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Cal Poly @Portland State

Eastern Washington @ Sam Houston State
Southern Utah @ Northern Colorado
Sacramento State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis

Wow, picking all road wins?

I think Northern Colorado, UC Davis and Portland State will protect home field. MSU/UND could be very close unless our defense plays much better, and I think Sam may also get EWU. It's hard to win in the Southland on the road.

Walkon79
September 23rd, 2013, 09:57 AM

The Cats may have also sustained 3 or 4 more major injuries to starters at SFA. This year has been unbelievable so far in that regard. We'll find out more today on the injury front, but I know 3 starters that didn't finish Saturday night.

fencer24
September 23rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
I agree, McGhee and Flotkoetter have caused serious harm to your offense. I think young Bleskin looked okay, but not good enough. More practice will definitely improve him. But what happened to Kirk?

deez_na
September 23rd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Thursday

Saturday

Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis

MplsBison
September 23rd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Thursday

Saturday

Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis

From week 4 thread:

Per usual, I'll take the Big Sky team over the DII and the FBS team over the Big Sky team. At least we're down to only two of those games this week. Nice slate of FCS v FCS games!

I'll go with UNI over UNC for obvious reasons. As I said in the MVFC thread, if it were the mid 90's things might be different.

Also picking USD over NAU, although not sure why. As far as I know, everything points to NAU winning at home.

I'll take MT St over SFA, since I believe Weber already beat them at home. But this game is in Texas, could change things a bit. NDSU went down to SFA in 2006 and came out with a sweat-drenched win.

Speaking of which, I'll take McNeese over Weber down south.

For the Big Sky games, I'll take voth visiting teams (SUU over Sac and PDX St over Davis).

Correct picks: MT over Panhandle, Washington over ID St, UNI over UNC, MSU over Weber, PDX St over Davis, SUU over Sac
Incorrect picks: NAU over USD, SFA over MT St

Week record: 6-2
Season record: 33-9

I'll take PDX St at home over Poly.

The Southland has two really awesome non-conference games this week (the other being McNeese at Northern Iowa). Since I picked UNI in the other game, I'll take Sam Houston at home here.

Something's wrong with MT St apparently, so I'm going with UND at home. Tough homestand for them with SDSU, MT and MT St, they have to win at least one of those!

SUU over UNC, just don't see how I can ever pick the Bears the rest of the season after that loss to a DII.

Weber over Sac, although not betting money on this one.

Davis over ID St, again no money here.

Montana over NAU. This should prove that MT will contend for the conf title.

Grizzlies82
September 23rd, 2013, 06:17 PM
Thursday

Saturday

Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis.

I was wrong on the MSU-SFA outcome last week. I believe that was the only miss.
Cal Poly & Portland should be a good game. Yet I suspect the PSU offense will be a bit too much.
It does seem odd picking virtually all the road teams but these seem to be the most likely outcomes.
Eastern WA & Sam Houston is really a toss up, as is Sacramento St & Weber State though for entirely different reasons.

catbob
September 23rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
The main reason for SFA's success was a lack of pressure by our DL on their QB. MSU's defense is predicated on getting pressure with the front 4, which came no where even close to Attaway. I also saw that SFA hasn't given up a sack once this year, which is impressive considering they played Texas Tech. No pressure on the QB puts the secondary in a tight spot, and espeically our LB corp who is talented but doesn't have a ton of experience.

As for the running game, I have no idea what is going on. We can't open any lanes on anyone, and there is just no where to run for Kirk or Johnson. After Monmouth and SMU, I thought we were going to be great along the line. Then against a DII and SFA, we couldn't push anyone. I think teams are blitzing the gaps and attacking Bleskin and forcing him to throw.

UND has the guns to win the game. I'm not sure we can stop it right now, and I'm not sure we can score enough either, but Bleskin has looked promising so far IMO. Not great, but he has 2 starts and only 1 start against DI competition.

Eastern Washington @ Sam Houston State (only because it's at home)
Montana State @ North Dakota (I reserve the right to change my opinion based on the injury sitauation at MSU, if it improves)
Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis

putter
September 23rd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Thursday

Saturday

Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis

dystopiamembrane
September 24th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Rankings:
1. Eastern Washington
2. Montana
3. Southern Utah
4. Portland State
5. Montana State
6. Northern Arizona
7. Cal Poly
8. Weber State
9. Sacramento State
10. North Dakota
11. Northern Colorado
12. Idaho State
13. UC Davis

Predictions:
Portland State 33-28 Cal Poly
Sam Houston State 38-35 Eastern Washington
North Dakota 31-38 Montana State
Northern Colorado 21-28 Southern Utah
Weber State 34-27 Sacramento State
UC Davis 21-16 Idaho State
Northern Arizona 17-24 ​Montana

Kabooom
September 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I agree, McGhee and Flotkoetter have caused serious harm to your offense. I think young Bleskin looked okay, but not good enough. More practice will definitely improve him. But what happened to Kirk?

....Been wondering the same...Ever think that Bleskin not being the dual threat QB/rb that McGhee is, that one of the results is that Kirk is more keyed on now (in McGhee's absence) by the opposing Defense? Thus a dimension has been taken away from the Cats with the loss of the elusive Mcghee. The running ability of the Cats will now have to depend more on stepping up their O-Line performance which will be a big task given their current bill of health.

Hope the Cats can get back to full strength by the time they play the GRIZ this November in Bozeman. No excuses.

dbackjon
September 24th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Thursday

Saturday

Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis

mvemjsunpx
September 24th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Thursday

Cal Poly 35-34 Portland St. — ROOT's Big Sky opener features the conference's most prolific rushing attacks

Saturday

Idaho St. 23-27 UC Davis — An epic battle: the Big Sky's worst defense faces the Big Sky's worst offense

Sac State 28-35 Weber — Weber is 1-0 in Ogden, though it seems like an eternity since that win happened

Montana 27-10 NAU — Souers always gets his team up for the Griz. Now if only he had a QB…

Suutah 30-28 NoCo — The T-Birds will get you if you aren't in sync.

Montana St. 42-31 NoDak — UND has a dangerous passing game, too, but their D is worse than SFA's

EWU 45-49 Sam Houston — Shootouts in the Texas humidity are turning into a weekly thing for the Big Sky

JALMOND
September 24th, 2013, 08:39 PM
32-10 after last week's 6-2 mark. I need another week of perfection to get back to being good. However, this week starts the conference year for everyone except Eastern Washington and given the parity that has been evident so far, being perfect may be a far cry. Here are my predictions for this week and my attempt at perfection (however fleeting that may be).

CP at PSU---The Vikings seem to have found bullets for their pistol offense and the Mustangs seem to be developing a passing attack to go with their option. Both teams do not possess great defenses (both are good but not great) so this could be a shootout...PSU 37, CP 31.

EWU at Sam Houston State---The Eagles are the only team not to play a conference foe this week, opting instead to head down to Texas and play Sam Houston State. Their murderous schedule continues but the seem to be able to handle it...EWU 31, Sam Houston State 27.

ISU at UCD---The Aggies defense has shown to be pretty good at shutting teams down, except when it comes to pistol offenses. The Bengals have shown to be good against the DII. The deciding factor here is the Bengals do not have a good pistol attack and the Aggies are not DII...UCD 17, ISU 14.

UM at NAU---Some may be waiting for a "signature" win for the Grizzlies. They don't seem to care as they keep on winning. The Lumberjacks seem to be unable to find a passing attack to complement Baumann. They may need it this game...UM 42, NAU 14.

MSU at UND---Injuries have taken its toll on the Bobcats and have reduced a once contender to just average. The offense can't seem to get going and the defense at times looks like Swiss cheese. The former Sioux have had their bright spots against the FCS, except for Montana that is...UND 38, MSU 28.

Sac State at WSU---The Hornets have gone past their inept offensive performances against the FBS and replaced them with two overtime games (going 1-1). The Wildcats have looked terrible in their last three games, but playing two FBS schools and a very good FCS school will do that...WSU 27, Sac State 24.

SUU at UNC---The Thunderbirds have looked great at times (against FBS South Alabama) and not so great (last week at Sacramento State). The Bears have just looked awful, although they did stay within reach of Northern Iowa last week. Both had great plans for this year, but someone will be upset...SUU 31, UNC 24.

Walkon79
September 24th, 2013, 09:04 PM

It's not Kirk so much as the OL and teams stacking the box, IMO. We need to make them pay downfield, which will help the run game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RabidRabbit
September 24th, 2013, 10:08 PM

Saturday

Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis

Twentysix
September 24th, 2013, 10:19 PM
UND should beat Montana State this week.

Week 1 Montana State would have beaten UND.

clawman
September 24th, 2013, 10:32 PM
+6 Cal Poly @ Portland State

Saturday

+11 Eastern Washington @ Sam Houston State
Montana State @ North Dakota +5
+7 Southern Utah @ N. Colorado
+10 Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis +6
Montana @ Northern Arizona +3

Seabiscuit
September 25th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis

wapiti
September 25th, 2013, 11:27 PM
CP 30 at PSU 32---This game should show that PSU's good game against Cal was not a fluke.

EWU 32 at Sam Houston State 30---The game of the week. EWU end up with the last possession and the last team to score and earns the win after these two keep exchanging the lead.

ISU 17 at UCD 24---ISU gets a chance to show some improvement. Will it be enough for ISU? Not yet

UM 42 at NAU 31---UM has been playing very good ball this year and NAU has been ok.

MSU 28 at UND 31---UND will have most likely watched the tapes from the Mesa game and the SFA game and should know how to beat the Cat's too. The Cat's miss a couple of field goals.

Sac State 38 at WSU 45---I think the BBQ offense is improved over last year and it will show in this game. Only if they had a defense to along with it, then they could be a contender.

SUU 28 at UNC 17---SUU takes down a weak bear team.

Skyhawk71
September 26th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Wow, picking all road wins?

I think Northern Colorado, UC Davis and Portland State will protect home field. MSU/UND could be very close unless our defense plays much better, and I think Sam may also get EWU. It's hard to win in the Southland on the road.

Did the same on Big Sky Challenge, which has totally fallen apart for me, after the first three I just kept on going

Mustang Man
September 27th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Eastern Washington @ Sam Houston State - Adams vs. Flanders.
Sac State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ UC Davis

JALMOND
September 29th, 2013, 12:22 PM
32-10 after last week's 6-2 mark. I need another week of perfection to get back to being good. However, this week starts the conference year for everyone except Eastern Washington and given the parity that has been evident so far, being perfect may be a far cry. Here are my predictions for this week and my attempt at perfection (however fleeting that may be).

CP at PSU---The Vikings seem to have found bullets for their pistol offense and the Mustangs seem to be developing a passing attack to go with their option. Both teams do not possess great defenses (both are good but not great) so this could be a shootout...PSU 37, CP 31.

EWU at Sam Houston State---The Eagles are the only team not to play a conference foe this week, opting instead to head down to Texas and play Sam Houston State. Their murderous schedule continues but the seem to be able to handle it...EWU 31, Sam Houston State 27.

ISU at UCD---The Aggies defense has shown to be pretty good at shutting teams down, except when it comes to pistol offenses. The Bengals have shown to be good against the DII. The deciding factor here is the Bengals do not have a good pistol attack and the Aggies are not DII...UCD 17, ISU 14.

UM at NAU---Some may be waiting for a "signature" win for the Grizzlies. They don't seem to care as they keep on winning. The Lumberjacks seem to be unable to find a passing attack to complement Baumann. They may need it this game...UM 42, NAU 14.

MSU at UND---Injuries have taken its toll on the Bobcats and have reduced a once contender to just average. The offense can't seem to get going and the defense at times looks like Swiss cheese. The former Sioux have had their bright spots against the FCS, except for Montana that is...UND 38, MSU 28.

Sac State at WSU---The Hornets have gone past their inept offensive performances against the FBS and replaced them with two overtime games (going 1-1). The Wildcats have looked terrible in their last three games, but playing two FBS schools and a very good FCS school will do that...WSU 27, Sac State 24.

SUU at UNC---The Thunderbirds have looked great at times (against FBS South Alabama) and not so great (last week at Sacramento State). The Bears have just looked awful, although they did stay within reach of Northern Iowa last week. Both had great plans for this year, but someone will be upset...SUU 31, UNC 24.

2-5, 34-15 for the year. Clearly, I have no clue what I'm doing on these picks.

darell1976
September 29th, 2013, 02:48 PM
5-2 (lost the UM/NAU and EWU/SHSU game) 39-10 overall

Walkon79
October 2nd, 2013, 09:54 PM

Sometimes it's great t o look back a week :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD