PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga @ Georgia Southern

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 22nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
Give it to me straight, Chattown. Do we have a prayer against the immovable Chattanooga defense?

GSUsTALON
September 22nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
Since we all know that UTC is the hottest ticket in ALL of FCS this match-up between the outgoing GaSo Eagles is a must see, listen to or at least following the scores on TV. As you all know GSU had its execution problem over the last 3 games that was really highlighted in the Wofford game. Which GSU team will show up this Saturday, Last years quarter final team or the GaSo team that played Wofford?

GSU leads the series 22 -4 with an 85% winning average against the Mocs.
GSU has scored 944 points to Noogas 448 total points against GSU.

I want all my Bison friends to tune in to see your 2nd round playoff opponent, & the Mocs, in action.xnodx You need to get all the info you can on this true threat to your 3 peat. ChatTown has warned you so you better heed his insightful warnings. C-Town is on the move in FCS and your either on the with him or agin him. Your either get your tickets punched to ride the Chattanooga Choo-Choo or get left behind.

This thread has been authorized by ChatTown and the Mocs Nation

GSUsTALON
September 22nd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Give it to me straight, Chattown. Do we have a prayer against the immovable Chattanooga defense?

Chattanooga's defensive front for are like rocks, boulders even. Our backs have no chance when running into them.

I guess well just have to run around that immovable, static line of potential energy.
Potential energy- Static energy at rest like big lumps of $h!t.

Apphole
September 22nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
GaSo rolls by 14+.

Chattown makes excuses.

GSUsTALON
September 22nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
GaSo rolls by 14+.

Chattown makes excuses.

Thanks AppHole, 14 points is a little low but based on last weeks game in the realm of possibility.

GSUsTALON
September 22nd, 2013, 10:50 AM

FCS_pwns states - come on ChatTown, give it to me straight."

Since when has ChatTown not been a strait shooter on this board in his own biased, cantankerous way.

chattownmocs
September 22nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Why in the world are you talking? You busters just lost by double digits to a garbage wofford team. You duds aren't even on our level. This game probably isn't even going to be close. You rejects should just keep your mouths shut because you are in way over your heads.

Apphole
September 22nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Why in the world are you talking? You busters just lost by double digits to a garbage wofford team. You duds aren't even on our level. This game probably isn't even going to be close. You rejects should just keep your mouths shut because you are in way over your heads.
UT-Martin

chattownmocs
September 22nd, 2013, 11:37 AM
UT-Martin

You shouldn't even talk if this is the best you can do. Even if UT Martin was terrible, How in the world would that help Georgia Southern. UT Martin is an tempo spread offense. Stfu

mountaineer in Cane Land
September 22nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
this is going to be a hell of a game, GS was embarrassed last week, and they are going to be ready, Chatt is playing well right now, even though the last 2 teams they have played were weak, Chatts defense is good, just not sold on their offense. If I was betting I would give GS a slight advantage because they are home, but if they are not more motivated than last week against Wofford, then they will lose the game.

chattownmocs
September 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
this is going to be a hell of a game, GS was embarrassed last week, and they are going to be ready, Chatt is playing well right now, even though the last 2 teams they have played were weak, Chatts defense is good, just not sold on their offense. If I was betting I would give GS a slight advantage because they are home, but if they are not more motivated than last week against Wofford, then they will lose the game.

How the hell would you know how solid their offense is?

Reign of Terrier
September 22nd, 2013, 12:04 PM
It'll be a good game, as GSU-Chattanooga games usually are in the last couple years. Someone makes a mistake late and GSU capitalizes to put the game away. GSU 31 Chattanooga 21

Apphole
September 22nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
You shouldn't even talk if this is the best you can do. Even if UT Martin was terrible, How in the world would that help Georgia Southern. UT Martin is an tempo spread offense. Stfu

It helps GaSo because it proves how ****ty your team is xlolx. Who loses to UT-Martin?

Squealofthepig
September 22nd, 2013, 12:39 PM

UT-Martin.

Squealofthepig
September 22nd, 2013, 12:40 PM
Who loses to UT-Martin?

A team that hasn't been to the playoffs since the A-Team was on television.

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2013, 12:40 PM
It helps GaSo because it proves how ****ty your team is xlolx. Who loses to UT-Martin?

Said the guy whose team lost to NC A&T.

Sorry guys...there really aren't any teams in the SoCon right now that can be throwing stones. Pretty much everyone in the conference has laid a turd.

GSU and UTC have both beaten up on two weaker teams and lost to a team each "thought" they should beaten.

I think it will be another competitive game (like they have all been the last 5 years or so). I think the Mocs have a chance to win, but I would feel a lot better if the game was in Chattanooga.

This is UTC's last chance to beat GSU, so I know they will be fired up for the chance.

citdog
September 22nd, 2013, 12:44 PM

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/07/4295831/nc-at-holds-off-app-state.html

Apphole
September 22nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Said the guy whose team lost to NC A&T.

Sorry guys...there really aren't any teams in the SoCon right now that can be throwing stones. Pretty much everyone in the conference has laid a turd.

GSU and UTC have both beaten up on two weaker teams and lost to a team each "thought" they should beaten.

I think it will be another competitive game (like they have all been the last 5 years or so). I think the Mocs have a chance to win, but I would feel a lot better if the game was in Chattanooga.

This is UTC's last chance to beat GSU, so I know they will be fired up for the chance.

There's no excuse for losing to A&T, but that squad is proving that they're the real deal. They're the class of the MEAC and could hang with most of the FCS teams in the country. Their head coach is as good as any.

UT-Martin on the other hand....

It's also worth mentioning that Nooga is supposed to be in their dream season.

bjtheflamesfan
September 22nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
Id give this game to GaSou for four reasons:

1) They are coming in off a bye week. UTC is coming off a bye as well but much like the Mocs had an extra week to prepare, the Eagles had an extra week to prepare for UTC.
2) History of rebounding against UTC. In the last 10 seasons, GaSou has played UTC coming off a loss 5 times...The Eagles have won four times in those five meetings (03: 34-3, 05: 48-10, 08: 52-28, 09: 30-20) winning by an average of 41-15 and an average margin of 25.75 points
3) Home cooking. GaSou is 12-1 in Statesboro against the Mocs. Russ Huesman, for all his success against the rest of the conference that is actually eligible for the playoffs. is 0-2 in Statesboro (09: 30-20 loss, 2011: 28-27 loss)
4) Psychological edge. UTC only has won 4 wins in the series overall, but three of them were at home. The last two graduating classes from UTC (Class of 2012, entered in 2008, and Class of 2013) have never won in Statesboro. 11 players on the Mocs roster this year are set to (one would assume) graduate from UTC, none of them have ever won in Statesboro.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 22nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
I'll actually go on record saying that based on what I've SEEN on the field from both teams, Chattanooga shouldn't have much of a problem. The only way GSU wins is if the Eagles play better than they have so far. GSU probably has more talent and the second best coach in the league (props to Ayers) but I've seen a bunch of crappy football for most of the last 12 quarters.

blueballs
September 22nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
I'll actually go on record saying that based on what I've SEEN on the field from both teams, Chattanooga shouldn't have much of a problem. The only way GSU wins is if the Eagles play better than they have so far. GSU probably has more talent and the second best coach in the league (props to Ayers) but I've seen a bunch of crappy football for most of the last 12 quarters.

ITA... unless GSU improves 100,000% from last weekend Chatty will run them out of the stadium.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 22nd, 2013, 02:01 PM

You need to watch a little more closely. There are some very promising things going on. I expect we'll finally have Swope at 100% and have Nardo Govan back so that we won't have to rotate QBs to use McKinnon in the backfield. I also expect us to not try and so do many different things on offense and just do what we normally do. I think the game will go a lot like the last 3.

CID1990
September 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM
I think Monken wakes his crew up for this one.

31-21 GSU

bjtheflamesfan
September 22nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
I dont think this will be a rout (although I thought that when CCU and Liberty played two years ago and the Flames ran them out of the stadium) but UTC has not shown the mental fortitude to win games like this one (as I think I mentioned in one of chattown's delusionary threads) and nothing Ive seen in theeir three games so far gives me any indication that this year will be any different

mountaineer in Cane Land
September 22nd, 2013, 03:16 PM
really hard to pick against GS because, normally, they are very good at home. With Wofford losing yesterday, and both GS and APP unable to win the conference, the title is just sitting there for anyone to take, if Chatt wins this game, they are in great shape, ofcourse they still have to come to Boone...

citdog
September 22nd, 2013, 03:29 PM
, ofcourse they still have to come to Boone...

NOBODY minds that much anymore! the rock is SHATTERED

chattownmocs
September 22nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
There's no excuse for losing to A&T, but that squad is proving that they're the real deal. They're the class of the MEAC and could hang with most of the FCS teams in the country. Their head coach is as good as any.

UT-Martin on the other hand....

It's also worth mentioning that Nooga is supposed to be in their dream season.

You are an asshat, NC AT can't hold UTMs jockstrap. Not to mention your pissant team lost 30-6. 6 point for the greatest passing game in ncaa history! Stfu

Apphole
September 22nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
You are an asshat, NC AT can't hold UTMs jockstrip. Not to mention your puissant team lost 30-6. 6 point for the greatest passing game in facsimile history! Stfu

We lost when our tying FG went wide left... I think the woman that reads to you at night got the games mixed up. I'd call social services and complain if i were you.

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2013, 05:07 PM
We lost when our tying FG went wide left... I think the woman that reads to you at night got the games mixed up. I'd call social services and complain if i were you.

Apphole speaks with much wisdom. Observe and learn, chattownmocs.xcoolx

longtimemocfan
September 22nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
This game will be a tough one to call....Mocs have been playing well the last 2 games. Even though against lesser competition. In both games Huesman let off the gas or it would have been worse. History would favor the team returning home after a road loss between 2 pretty evenly matched teams. Huesman has defended the triple option well,especially in the second half of the game.GSU is the hardest to defend of the triple option teams due to their speed and athleticism. But they have also made a lot of mistakes this season. Eagles are a little banged right now. Getting healthy bodies back would help a lot by Saturday.

Sam I Am
September 22nd, 2013, 05:52 PM
both GS and APP unable to win the conference, the title is just sitting there for anyone to take

If GS and APP can't win the conference, does wins and losses to them actually count in the conference championship by other southern conference teams?

bjtheflamesfan
September 22nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Actually yes

DoWe
September 22nd, 2013, 06:11 PM
History would favor the team returning home after a road loss between 2 pretty evenly matched teams.
Sipping on Chattown's Kool-Aid are you? GSU fans are sandbaggers and the Eagles are going to embarrass the Mocs.

chattownmocs
September 22nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
This isn't even gonna be close. Chattanooga is clicking on offense and their D will stifle the triple O. An extra week of preparation equals mocs by 14 plus.

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2013, 06:52 PM
xcoolxxholyxxnutsx
This isn't even gonna be close. Chattanooga is clicking on offense and their D will stifle the triple O. An extra week of preparation equals mocs by 14 plus.

Mighty good reefer you're smokin' there!

chattownmocs
September 22nd, 2013, 07:08 PM
I'm on that truth serum. There is no team in this conference who is capable of playing the type of football that we are playing, let alone actually playing it.

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
Mocs - 75
GaSo - 0

;)

T-Dog
September 22nd, 2013, 07:32 PM
UTC - Forty
GSU1 - Forty-two

UTC tries for a game-winning field goal, it's blocked but they recover it with time left and another down. Next kick attempt sails wide. Huesman's head explodes. Robinson quite the team on the spot. Chattown rushes the field in Statesboro to chase the refs. Pike meets him on a dead spring from his seat with a lariat. Cops arrest Chattown until his parents come to pick him up. Robinson un-quits on Monday.

T-Dog
September 22nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
In west Knoxville born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out blabbling' hating' all day
And all shootin some marbles outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to some good
Started talking smack in my neighborhood
I got in ten little fights and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Nooga'

I whistled for a cab and none came near
I hithiked my way looking fresh with dice in my pocket
If anything I could say that the cab wasn't there
But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, home to Nooga'

I pulled up to the Nooga about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the homeless "You homes smell ya later!"
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Nooga

Apphole
September 22nd, 2013, 07:43 PM
There is no team in this conference who is capable of losing to UT-Martin

xnodx

T-Dog
September 22nd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Chattown

He thinks he's this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwPMKozHPCM)

But is actually this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeL9gagV_VA)

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Chattown

He thinks he's this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwPMKozHPCM)

But is actually this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeL9gagV_VA)

POTY candidate! xbowxxlolxxsalutexxsmileyclapx

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2013, 07:55 PM
"Prince of Nooga!"

T-Dog, you're a genius!!xlolxxlolxxlolx

ValleyBoy
September 23rd, 2013, 06:08 AM
It is snake killin time in the boro.

pike51
September 23rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
It is snake killin time in the boro.

I think it might be cooler weather this weekend... maybe we should break out the Moc necks.

walliver
September 23rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
UTC will outplay GSU, put up big stat numbers, but Huesman will still find a way to lose.

ASUMountaineer
September 23rd, 2013, 08:59 AM
I'm on that truth serum. There is no team in this conference who is capable of playing the type of football that we are playing, let alone actually playing it.

Duly noted for future reference. xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
September 23rd, 2013, 08:59 AM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/07/4295831/nc-at-holds-off-app-state.html

xlolx So butthurt.

bjtheflamesfan
September 23rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Course should UTC lose as they are expected to there will be another meltdown thread posted by chattown where he talks about how "lucky" GaSou was to win the game, their offense and defense are inferior, The refs were paid off by Coach Monken or some other in a litany of excuses that he only believes in his own mind because UTC never "loses" except on the scoreboard

PaladinFan
September 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
Course should UTC lose as they are expected to there will be another meltdown thread posted by chattown where he talks about how "lucky" GaSou was to win the game, their offense and defense are inferior, The refs were paid off by Coach Monken or some other in a litany of excuses that he only believes in his own mind because UTC never "loses" except on the scoreboard

If the Eagles start of 0-2 in the conference (and they very well might), we might not have to debate whether they were the "rightful" SoCon champs or should have been in the playoffs.

CID1990
September 23rd, 2013, 10:06 AM
I do think that right now, at this point in the season, UTC is playing the best, most consistent football.

But then we have been here before, haven't we?

pike51
September 23rd, 2013, 10:06 AM

Except, based on chattown logic, Georgia Southern already comes out on top because they are hosting this game. It doesn't matter who wins.