PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 4

superman7515
September 21st, 2013, 11:26 PM
The only game still going on that will have any effect on the spreadsheet is Portland State vs UC Davis. Currently Portland State has a 30 point lead, so I feel confident that I can go to sleep and we won't be shocked by any changes in the morning. I'll update that with the final score in the am. The Sagarin Ratings are through last week's games until you see me remove the asterisks in the column.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdEw2dncza1pvMFRZcmxmQ3NEOVoxQ VE&usp=sharing

The updated Good Wins/Bad Losses spreadsheet is out as well...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdDd2amhTd05oRTZIc2EyNS1QUmFfW Hc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Some examples of the shuffling that is/will go on from week to week:
Gardner-Webb (3-1) has been removed as a bad loss, and should an FCS team beat them (their only loss is to Marshall), they are currently a good win. You'll notice it says *REMOVED* in the spreadsheet, in the future that won't appear, I will just delete the entry. However, for the purposes of illustration, I left the entry there and used it as an example of teams being taken off.
Albany (1-3) is no longer a good win based on their results last year, they are now a bad loss based on their results this year.
Tennessee State (3-1) has been moved from middle-of-the-pack and is now a good win.
Georgetown (1-3) has been moved from middle-of-the-pack and is now a bad loss.

dewey
September 22nd, 2013, 12:29 AM
Should Wofford be added to GW's good win column? Afterall Wofford was the #10th ranked team in FCS this week.

Dewey

Squealofthepig
September 22nd, 2013, 12:33 AM
Should Wofford be added to GW's good win column? Afterall Wofford was the #10th ranked team in FCS this week.

Dewey

Not sure how Supe qualifies it, but I'd count the Terriers as a good (albeit not-pretty) win. Woff still won at The Citadel and beat an FBS team (even if it was fake GSU) - they may ultimately not be a "good win" but nothing can convince me currently that it shouldn't count for now.

caribbeanhen
September 22nd, 2013, 07:16 AM
bump

superman7515
September 22nd, 2013, 07:24 AM

Dewey

Good lookin' out Dewey. Sorry about that, I missed it when I went through changing up everything with Gardner-Webb.

mainejeff
September 22nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
There's a lot of weak sisters in the #10-#21 range..........and some pretty decent teams in the #22-#25 range.

RabidRabbit
September 22nd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Charleston South is about ready to be removed as a "bad loss" They are 4-0, with 3 FCS win.

superman7515
September 22nd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Charleston South is about ready to be removed as a "bad loss" They are 4-0, with 3 FCS win.

Three seems to be the cutoff, but they only won three D1 games last year despite having a five win season, so until they get a fourth D1 win, they're still on the list, especially when you look at quality of wins.

superman7515
September 22nd, 2013, 12:45 PM
Sagarin Rankings have been updated to reflect yesterday's games.

Tealblood
September 22nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Didn't you used to include good losses

superman7515
September 22nd, 2013, 09:59 PM
Nope. Never did this before this year and I've used the same spreadsheet the entire season, just updated it weekly.

Cocky
September 23rd, 2013, 06:57 AM
Dont forget to vote