PDA

View Full Version : Citadel scores 58 on FBS Old Dominion

GreatAppSt
September 21st, 2013, 10:51 PM
And loses by a point.xnodx

CID1990
September 21st, 2013, 11:49 PM
Also had two turnovers that led to points for ODU.

The Dogs might be back, but well need another couple weeks to know for sure.

BullDog85
September 22nd, 2013, 12:26 AM
More like 4 turnovers. 2 onside kicks, a stripped ball and a bad pitch all of which resulted in 24 points.

Squealofthepig
September 22nd, 2013, 12:27 AM
I truly suck as a gambler - I would've taken whatever the under was on this. Holy cow.

Reign of Terrier
September 22nd, 2013, 12:28 AM
The citadel's a good team. This year is just a little whacky so far.

BullDog85
September 22nd, 2013, 12:37 AM
Higgins is not a true TO believer. So he starting "mixing" in different offences into the mix and screwed the pooch. Now he's reverted back to running mostly pure TO. I imagine that he never thought a TO team could scare the beJesus out of a pure spread option FBS team like it did tonight.

dungeonjoe
September 22nd, 2013, 04:41 AM
Higgins is not a true TO believer. So he starting "mixing" in different offences into the mix and screwed the pooch. Now he's reverted back to running mostly pure TO. I imagine that he never thought a TO team could scare the beJesus out of a pure spread option FBS team like it did tonight.
Offensive schemes don't seem to be the issue for either team.

caribbeanhen
September 22nd, 2013, 06:51 AM
ODU has always been NODU or O_U....

GreatAppSt
September 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM

Yeah I thought they did pretty good and should have won, either way a good showing for Cid.

CID1990
September 22nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
Offensive schemes don't seem to be the issue for either team.

This.

GSUsTALON
September 22nd, 2013, 10:25 AM

The spread triple option is what it is a 85% high powered rushing attack with some passing mixed in. If run and executed properly it as good as any passing scheme run in the modern era. Its just a different philosophy in todays pass happy world. Tell your coach to keep it honest with the triple and work on execution. Things will fall in place for you in the future. Being able to reach high scoring games in the 40s - 50s is not uncommon as GSU has shown in the past.

Party on Dogs
TALON

CID1990
Still smarting from that last play. ODU might not have a D, but they did have a D on the one play they needed to, and that was the difference. Would love to have seen 60-59 though.

FCS_pwns_FBS
Is ODU an FBS team or an "FBS" team like GSU and App. State? How many starters are out there who weren't out there last year for the playoffs?

GSUsTALON
September 22nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Is ODU an FBS team or an "FBS" team like GSU and App. State? How many starters are out there who weren't out there last year for the playoffs?
Don't quote me on this but as far as I remember ODU decided to make it a 2 year transition period to build their recruits before entering FBS so they had many more on their team than the Cit did.

TheDancinMonarch
September 22nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Don't quote me on this but as far as I remember ODU decided to make it a 2 year transition period to build their recruits before entering FBS so they had many more on their team than the Cit did.

It is an NCAA mandated 2 year transition period. Not the choice of ODU. We have the full complement of Div I scholarships but hope to redshirt the bulk of them.

GSUsTALON
September 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
It is an NCAA mandated 2 year transition period. Not the choice of ODU. We have the full complement of Div I scholarships but hope to redshirt the bulk of them.

What was I thinking- your right!

URMite
September 22nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
I truly suck as a gambler - I would've taken whatever the under was on this. Holy cow.

You would take the under in an ODU game?