PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Timothy Flanders

Samalum'10
September 21st, 2013, 09:14 PM
He just became the all-time rusher in SLC history. Flanders is such a class act, hope he gets his shot at the next level.

Sammy94
September 21st, 2013, 09:20 PM
The all-time FCS rushing leader is the next record.

Squealofthepig
September 21st, 2013, 09:24 PM
The all-time FCS rushing leader is the next record.

FCS: 6,559 – Adrian Peterson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_N._Peterson), Georgia Southern (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Southern_Eagles_football), 1998–2001, 996 rushes

(Believe that is still correct).

And grats to Timothy!

Samalum'10
September 21st, 2013, 09:58 PM
FCS: 6,559 – Adrian Peterson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_N._Peterson), Georgia Southern (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Southern_Eagles_football), 1998–2001, 996 rushes

(Believe that is still correct).

And grats to Timothy!
As of right now, Flanders would have to average 229 yds/game to beat that record.

katstrapper
September 21st, 2013, 10:02 PM
It will be hard to reach all time FCS record since he is a senior this year. He will eclipse the 5000 yd mark in next couple games. He only needs 280yds to reach 5k.

He now owns....

All Time SLC Rushing TDS with 63
All Time SLC Rushing Yards with 4,720 yds. (Claude Mathis held this record)

BEAR
September 21st, 2013, 10:11 PM
Congrats to Flippin Flanders!

Run game.... wish I could remember what that is... xlolx

robsnotes4u
September 21st, 2013, 10:22 PM
Impressive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fmrbearkat
September 21st, 2013, 10:23 PM
The way he did it tonight was pretty!! He made so many amazing moves on several different runs! His dead leg side step is unlike anybody I've seen in person!! Probably not as fast but he's definitely as close to Barry Sanders as a player not named Barry Sanders can be.

Saw part of the SDSU game and was highly impressed with Zenner. First time I've seen him play. Completely different running styles but he is a game changer as well!

Gray Ghost
September 22nd, 2013, 10:03 PM
Congratulations to Timothy Flanders on his record and on always showing great sportsmanship ! Flanders and the many others like him are why we love the FCS.

RabidRabbit
September 22nd, 2013, 10:30 PM
Congrats on the outstanding career at RB for Flanders! Star athletes like that are usually a once-in-a-generation for a smaller program such as Sam Houston St. or SDSU.

He has certainly made quite a splash in the Southland, and through the last two years of the play-offs.

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM
Congrats Flanders!

TheRevSFA
September 23rd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Congrats Flanders...You've been a hell of a player for Sam and I cannot wait to see you graduate.

msupokes1
September 23rd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Definitely a great player and exciting to watch but I will be even more excited to see him leave.

Sammy94
September 23rd, 2013, 02:24 PM
I cannot wait to see you graduate.

He already has. Bell, Sincere, and Flanders are enrolled in grad school.

msupokes1
September 23rd, 2013, 02:44 PM
He already has. Bell, Sincere, and Flanders are enrolled in grad school.

I might get all 3 of them a gift for finishing Grad school.

Samalum'10
September 23rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Definitely a great player and exciting to watch but I will be even more excited to see him leave.
Not sure the SLC is ready for a heavy dose of muscle bus next year. Call me crazy, but I don't expect much (if any) drop off in RB next season with KHill

msupokes1
September 23rd, 2013, 02:57 PM
You might not feel like it is a big drop off but Flanders cannot be replaced. You might have a decent running back but there will not be another Flanders.

McNeese75
September 23rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
Not sure the SLC is ready for a heavy dose of muscle bus next year. Call me crazy, but I don't expect much (if any) drop off in RB next season with KHill

xeyebrowx Now you sound like the Texas State Fans after they made their one year run and thought they would be world killers the next year regardless of a ton of seniors departing. I dare say you do NOT have another Flanders and Sincere in your stable right now (although transfers of some kind may appear).

kingkat99
September 23rd, 2013, 03:51 PM

You're Crazy...Muscle Bus is good but he is no Flanders

Sam_Kats
September 23rd, 2013, 03:52 PM
I agree. Flanders is VERY special.

Nickels
September 23rd, 2013, 06:24 PM
People dont realize how good Hill really is. Hell, he averages more per run than Flanders most games.

IMO his style of running matches our offense better. He'll without a doubt be the star of our offense next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

fmrbearkat
September 23rd, 2013, 07:10 PM
He will be a star but no one "makes" runs happen like Flanders does. So many slight shifty moves that make something out of nothing. They are commonplace for us to watch now but in the 13 years I've been around SHSU football there has been nobody comparative to him whether on our team or opposing teams!

Bearkat 41
September 23rd, 2013, 09:19 PM
Agreed fmrbearkat. Flanders is as classy as he is great on the field. We will miss him. I do expect huge things from K Hill next year and even this year as I truly believe he is the second best RB in the SLC. He will be good, but man, Flanders is one of a kind.

dewey
September 23rd, 2013, 09:26 PM
Congratulations to Mr. Flanders!

Dewey

katstrapper
September 24th, 2013, 06:29 AM
He will be a star but no one "makes" runs happen like Flanders does. So many slight shifty moves that make something out of nothing. They are commonplace for us to watch now but in the 13 years I've been around SHSU football there has been nobody comparative to him whether on our team or opposing teams!

Yep, i agree 100% on this ! Flanders is a special talent and will be sorely missed. Keyshawn Hill is a good running back, but Flanders is a GREAT running back.

Looking forward to next year, Hill will probably be tabbed the starter, but here is a name to keep an eye on, reshirt freshman STEPHEN HICKS. Next time at a game, watch #25 run the ball and tell me what you think. Me personally, I think this kid could be the next star running back.