Link to free video..

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/allaccess/

Red & Black
September 21st, 2013, 09:13 PM
Yep. Not a lot of defense being played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2013, 09:15 PM
Identical to last year. MSU D lacks athletes....

Squealofthepig
September 21st, 2013, 09:16 PM
Yep. Not a lot of defense being played.

Yeah. The Cats aren't as good without DM on the offensive side of things, but it's the defense that is the weakness here. (Seriously, Bleskin has overall looked pretty good).

Squealofthepig
September 21st, 2013, 09:17 PM
On cue, SFA goes 45 yards through the air and is at the Cats' 25 yard line. 6:15 to go.

Edit: 14 yard line.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2013, 09:22 PM
TD SFA!

45-38 5:00 4Q

Screamin_Eagle174
September 21st, 2013, 09:24 PM
EWU and UM are going to light up MSU's defense.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 21st, 2013, 09:27 PM
Yeah. The Cats aren't as good without DM on the offensive side of things, but it's the defense that is the weakness here. (Seriously, Bleskin has overall looked pretty good).
To be fair though, SFA's defense is terrible.

Squealofthepig
September 21st, 2013, 09:28 PM
To be fair though, SFA's defense is terrible.

Just came up big when they needed it though - sacking Bleskin on a third and 8.

SFA ball, 2:13 to go, with the ball.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2013, 09:29 PM
MSU forced to punt. The Bobcat playoff hopes could be dicey with a loss.

Squealofthepig
September 21st, 2013, 09:33 PM
MSU forced to punt. The Bobcat playoff hopes could be dicey with a loss.

D1 wins: 1 (vs. Monmouth)

Remaining schedule (need 6)
@SFA (down 7, but with the ball, 1:05 to go)
@North Dakota
vs. Northern Arizona
@Weber State
vs. UC Davis
@Northern Colorado
@EWU
vs. Southern Utah
vs. Montana

If they don't pull this out, they can still become playoff eligible without beating either EWU or Montana. (Edit: or any other combination of six wins, of course)

Screamin_Eagle174
September 21st, 2013, 09:34 PM
Pick 6, game over.

Squealofthepig
And Montana State no longer with the ball (SFA pick-six), so they must win six of their last eight to become playoff eligible.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Pick 6 ices it for SFA!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2013, 09:36 PM
And Montana State no longer with the ball (SFA pick-six), so they must win six of their last eight to become playoff eligible.

I don't see them beating UM and EWU. NAU on homecoming will be HUGE!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 21st, 2013, 09:36 PM
D1 wins: 1 (vs. Monmouth)

Remaining schedule (need 6)
@SFA (down 7, but with the ball, 1:05 to go)
@North Dakota
vs. Northern Arizona
@Weber State
vs. UC Davis
@Northern Colorado
@EWU
vs. Southern Utah
vs. Montana

If they don't pull this out, they can still become playoff eligible without beating either EWU or Montana. (Edit: or any other combination of six wins, of course)

Yeah, but I highly doubt they get in at 8(7)-4, with their best win being SUU or NAU. MSU will have to beat either EWU or UM to make the playoffs, IMO.

Squealofthepig
September 21st, 2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah, but I highly doubt they get in at 8(7)-4, with their best win being SUU or NAU. MSU will have to beat either EWU or UM to make the playoffs, IMO.

Agree - wanted to throw it out there, as it's interesting that just one game like this can suddenly put a solid team on the brink of playoff elimination.

Good luck to you guys next week at Sam Houston!

BEAR
September 21st, 2013, 10:12 PM
Geez the SLC is gonna be freakin crazy this year!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 21st, 2013, 10:32 PM
Agree - wanted to throw it out there, as it's interesting that just one game like this can suddenly put a solid team on the brink of playoff elimination.

Good luck to you guys next week at Sam Houston!
Thanks. If Incarnate Word can put up 21 on their D, EWU is gonna bring the pain. Unless we can force some turnovers, it'll probably come down to whoever has the ball last. Should be a good one.

Samalum'10
September 21st, 2013, 11:10 PM
Geez the SLC is gonna be freakin crazy this year!
Ain't that the truth!

McNeese72
September 21st, 2013, 11:58 PM
Ain't that the truth!

I just got in from the McNeese-Weber St. game and I have one question. How in the hell did Weber St. ever beat SFA????

Doc

BEAR
September 22nd, 2013, 12:01 AM
Im more confused than ever about the SLC now. xlolx

uofmman1122
September 22nd, 2013, 12:15 AM
Loooooooooooooooooooooooool

Seriously, without McGhee, the bobcats are terrible again.

And no one besides them is shocked.

McNeese72
September 22nd, 2013, 12:31 AM
Im more confused than ever about the SLC now. xlolx

We still haven't played anyone. Anyone with a winning record except for Div II West Alabama. Next week will be a big game for McNeese and UNI.

Doc

catbob
September 22nd, 2013, 12:34 AM

LoL, we lose one game on the road and we are terrible again. By the way, when is this again you refer to anyway.

Squealofthepig
September 22nd, 2013, 12:36 AM
I just got in from the McNeese-Weber St. game and I have one question. How in the hell did Weber St. ever beat SFA????

Doc

They played at home with the "first to fifty wins" proviso. That's how I rationalize it, at least - otherwise it has me scratching my head, too. Or maybe SFA was blown away with how beautiful Ogden is (which, honestly, it is).

Squealofthepig
September 22nd, 2013, 12:41 AM
when is this again you refer to anyway.

It's been a LONG time since the Bobcats were anywhere close to terrible - 2000 specifically.

The Cats weren't terrible tonight, either - offensively they looked better than I expected; their defense definitely has some issues though. Stat of the game for me was success on third down conversions.

uofmman1122
September 22nd, 2013, 01:00 AM
LoL, we lose one game on the road and we are terrible again. By the way, when is this again you refer to anyway.
Ash's years in Bozeman without Denarius.

You're back to being a mediocre Big Sky team.

And seriously, even Weber beat SFA. xlolx

kalm
September 22nd, 2013, 06:20 AM

They're not terrible, but you'd like to think McGhee wouldn't have thrown 4 pics. That being said, giving up 567 yards of total offense and having Cody Kirk absolutely shut down by a defense that gave up 315 yards rushing to Weber state and 267 to Texas Tech is very troubling.

Original_Siouxperfan
September 22nd, 2013, 08:02 AM

Doc

I drove over an hour intending to see a pretty good FCA football game, and ended up witnessing the complete opposite. In my opinion, SFA wasn't properly prepared for the Weber State game. It took a while for their offense to get going and their defense appeared (at least in this game) to be at the bottom of the FCS (looking as bad as the pathetic UND defense that I watch every week). Although SFA had problems tackling against the Wildcats, the major problem was that their defensive players were out of position a number of times that accounted for big plays. Apparently they have made enough corrections to beat a supposed top tier team.

I watched the last quarter and a half of this game on ESPN3 and Montana State looks very beatable by good teams with a balanced offense. Unfortunately this doesn't help UND as their lack of running game will enable MSU to easily handle UND's one dimensional offense.

LuckyKat
September 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
Well Done Jacks,

and just one more tic on the confirmation board
BIG SKY = SOFT, WAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!

kalm
September 22nd, 2013, 09:24 AM
Well Done Jacks,

Yes, nice win for the jacks and yes, MSU did look soft.

But I hate break this to ya...Weber will finish 11th-13th in the BSC and is 1-1 against two of the SLC's best.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2013, 11:55 AM
Didn't weber beat SFA? I think MSU just fell out of my top 25 until further notice.

And to the guy about the SLC, UCA struggled hard to beat Missouri State.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2013, 11:58 AM

But I hate break this to ya...Weber will finish 11th-13th in the BSC and is 1-1 against two of the SLC's best.

If you follow the whole FCS you would know SFA is not one of the SLC's best.

McNeese, SELA, SHSU, UCA are all better than SFA. NW st and Nicholls could be better than SFA.

McNeese75
September 22nd, 2013, 12:03 PM

xcoolx Weber got trounced by one of the Southland's better teams. SFA is NOT one of those this year (so far) but they did beat one of the BSC BEST. You better hope you can pull a rabbit out of the hat in Huntsville next week or the BSC is going to catch hell, xlolx

TheRevSFA
September 22nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
If you follow the whole FCS you would know SFA is not one of the SLC's best.

McNeese, SELA, SHSU, UCA are all better than SFA. NW st and Nicholls could be better than SFA.

Last night was an example of what we can do. I'd actually rank us over UCA at this point due to the injuries they've suffered.

Nicholls and NW state sit done with Lamar. There's a lot of disparity between 5 and 6 in our conference

I did get to meet some MSU fans last night and they had a great group there. I wish them the best this season

catbob
September 23rd, 2013, 03:35 PM
Ash's years in Bozeman without Denarius.

You're back to being a mediocre Big Sky team.

And seriously, even Weber beat SFA. xlolx

Okay well I'm no English wiz, but I was under the impression that terrible and mediocre were two very different adjectives.

We lost a tough one on the road with a QB making his first FCS start and a young OL, and a defense with some key injuries. Could be a rebuilding year true, but I am in no way worried that the Bobcats are going to be "terrible" this year or any following year for some time.

citdog
September 23rd, 2013, 03:43 PM
it's fun to cheer for the CATS!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_M0jgwwWP_4c/TPU3e3uNrEI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/YBXqb84x9hg/s1600/The%2BVillage%2BPeople.jpg

Twentysix
September 23rd, 2013, 03:52 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_M0jgwwWP_4c/TPU3e3uNrEI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/YBXqb84x9hg/s1600/The%2BVillage%2BPeople.jpg

http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/funKYcat75Rain.gif

BisonFan02
September 23rd, 2013, 03:54 PM

CCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE! A! T! S!!!!!!

Twentysix
September 23rd, 2013, 04:00 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6yyapjzyK1qewv88.gif

Cats!

Silenoz
September 23rd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Well Done Jacks,

Well when MSU is responsible for most of those tics...

Silenoz
September 23rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Okay well I'm no English wiz, but I was under the impression that terrible and mediocre were two very different adjectives.

We lost a tough one on the road with a QB making his first FCS start and a young OL, and a defense with some key injuries. Could be a rebuilding year true, but I am in no way worried that the Bobcats are going to be "terrible" this year or any following year for some time.

All about expectations. Griz or Cats winning 5-6 games = terrible

Grizzlies82
September 23rd, 2013, 06:03 PM

Disagree. With the larger playoff field they still have a good chance for the playoffs IF... their only remaining losses are to Eastern WA & Montana.
Though this past weekend's loss doesn't exactly inspire confidence they can do that.
Their next two games with North Dakota & Northern Arizona should show if they can bounce back after this big time stumble.

SFALMBAlum08
September 26th, 2013, 12:44 PM

Doc

SFA lost to Weber St. just like they've lost to team they are better than in the past. Turnovers from #8!! The defense is prone to giving up big plays, but at the same time the defense can create a lot of turnovers. I keep seeing people say that SFA isn't one of the better teams in the Southland, McNeese, Sam (obviously), UCA are all better. We have all the talent in the world on this roster, but that doesn't mean jack crap if we can't stop turning the ball over....#8. We limited the number of turnovers against MSU and ended up winning. Yeah that kid was a backup, but they recruited him there for a reason to take over for McGhee next season. That kid is a lot better than some of you think... As for the SLC and how SFA's fares this season, SELA is only 3 weeks away and that game is going to set the tone for the rest of conference play.

Grizalltheway
September 26th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Well Done Jacks,

Boy, I hope we get another shot at you mouthy mofos this year.xcoffeex

F'N Hawks
September 26th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Well Done Jacks,

According to the scores from the first few weeks the MVFC is pretty soft on defense, too. Might as well throw the SLC in that conversation also when looking at scores.

Point is every league is getting lit up and these false opinions about one conference being so 'rough and tumble' and another being 'soft' is a joke. Pure group-think and not based on reality when looking at out of conference scores and playoff score results.

SFALMBAlum08
September 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM
.....and in true SFA fashion we put up 827 yards of offense and lose to PRARIEVIEW....56 POINTS!!!!! We need to take a cue from USC and make a change.

Hammerhead
September 29th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Can I have some of the drugs you are taking? Yes, some of the worst teams in the MVFC have given up big scores, but you also have some of the better teams holding 3 FBS teams under 30 points.

According to the scores from the first few weeks the MVFC is pretty soft on defense, too. Might as well throw the SLC in that conversation also when looking at scores. ...

GoCats23
September 29th, 2013, 10:07 PM
SFA lost to Weber St. just like they've lost to team they are better than in the past. Turnovers from #8!! The defense is prone to giving up big plays, but at the same time the defense can create a lot of turnovers. I keep seeing people say that SFA isn't one of the better teams in the Southland, McNeese, Sam (obviously), UCA are all better. We have all the talent in the world on this roster, but that doesn't mean jack crap if we can't stop turning the ball over....#8. We limited the number of turnovers against MSU and ended up winning. Yeah that kid was a backup, but they recruited him there for a reason to take over for McGhee next season. That kid is a lot better than some of you think... As for the SLC and how SFA's fares this season, SELA is only 3 weeks away and that game is going to set the tone for the rest of conference play.

I'm not sure Jake will start next year. I could see Tanner Roderick starting for us, he's a Nevada transfer currently playing WR, but he's out for a few more weeks with a hand injury.