PDA

View Full Version : Sportsnetwork Poll 9/25/06

smallcollegefbfan
September 25th, 2006, 12:40 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/tsn-div-1aa-poll.htm

Pard4Life
September 25th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Columbia.. 8 votes?! xlolx I love it...

Lafayette dropped out two weeks ater being #22 and #27... awful awful awful...

BEAR
September 25th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Yeah! 5 votes for my Bears! We'll take as many as we can get our first year..but next year I can imagine they'll want to be in the rankings! Next years' full SLC schedule should help move the Bears up!

PaladinFan
September 25th, 2006, 01:30 PM
two interesting observations...

1) when was the last time Georgia Southern wasn't in the top 25?

2) A lot of respect for Furman as Western Carolina stays in the poll after a big loss on the road.

carney2
September 25th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Columbia.. 8 votes?! xlolx I love it...

Lafayette dropped out two weeks ater being #22 and #27... awful awful awful...

deserved, deserved, deserved...

Pard4Life
September 25th, 2006, 02:22 PM
deserved, deserved, deserved...

Which one? Us being dropped? Yes, I know...

Jacks76
September 25th, 2006, 02:37 PM
NAU #25!

Paul

Jackluv
September 25th, 2006, 03:03 PM
GO JACKS!

NSUDemon98
September 25th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Next years' full SLC schedule should help move the Bears up!

The SLC is having a SEVERE down year this year with a lot of teams rebuilding. I wouldn't assume playing a full SLC schedule next year is going to help you move up...actually it may very well keep you from getting votes. :twocents:

leatherneck177
September 25th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Back in the polls for the first time since mid-September of 2004!

AggieFinn
September 25th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Modest downgrade from No. 16. Tough road loss to a good hometown opponent in Youngstown State. The only thing keeping UC Davis out of the Top 16 consistently is the turnovers. Take care of the ball and let your talent shine Ags! :cool:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ucda/galleries/StanfordFB/entrance-lg.jpg

JohnStOnge
September 25th, 2006, 06:21 PM
The SLC is having a SEVERE down year this year with a lot of teams rebuilding. I wouldn't assume playing a full SLC schedule next year is going to help you move up...actually it may very well keep you from getting votes. :twocents:

I think that the schedules have been such that it's very tough to get a line on where the Southland is. I do think it's obvious that Texas State and Nicholls State aren't as good as last year; but Northwestern State and McNeese State could be very good I-AA teams yet still have the records they have right now.

I personally was very encouraged by the way in which McNeese was able to match up with Toledo athletically Saturday. The final outcome was really bad, but it was due to correctable errors (unforced turnovers and penalties). I think the athletes are there. Maybe not like 2002, but a whole lot better than 2004 or 2005.

Dallas Demon
September 25th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I think that the schedules have been such that it's very tough to get a line on where the Southland is. I do think it's obvious that Texas State and Nicholls State aren't as good as last year; but Northwestern State and McNeese State could be very good I-AA teams yet still have the records they have right now.

I personally was very encouraged by the way in which McNeese was able to match up with Toledo athletically Saturday. The final outcome was really bad, but it was due to correctable errors (unforced turnovers and penalties). I think the athletes are there. Maybe not like 2002, but a whole lot better than 2004 or 2005.

I agree 100%. Bad losses for Nicholls St. and Texas St. However, both Northwestern and McNeese looked good in losses to good I-A teams (statwise, but mistakes/special team blunders did them in). These could be very good teams. Southeastern and Sam Houston could be decent too, we'll see real soon.

Retro
September 26th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Now if the SPORTS NETWORK would update the Mcneese logo along with other so called major websites after 4 years, they'd be on their toes. xcoffeex

DUPFLFan
September 26th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Anyone curious about Albany can come in at #23 on the Sports network poll and #2 on the Mid Major poll on the same website?:eyebrow:

Not saying which one is right but to me, if Albany is #23 then they should be #1 on the mid major, or Sandiego needs to be on the Sports network poll... :confused:

AggieFinn
September 26th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Anyone curious about Albany can come in at #23 on the Sports network poll and #2 on the Mid Major poll on the same website?:eyebrow:

Not saying which one is right but to me, if Albany is #23 then they should be #1 on the mid major, or Sandiego needs to be on the Sports network poll... :confused:

Below the Top 16 - it's a total crapshoot, it won't come close to solidifying until we get 8 games in or so. :cool:

Dane96
September 26th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah, but a team IN THE TOP 25, being ranked BEHIND a team in another poll, by the same POLLING GROUP, is just stupid.

I noticed it yesterday and laughed. If TSN is going to poll San Diego out of the Top 25 and UA in the Top 25, there is no way in the MM poll, San Diego can be ahead of UA.

What kind of assinine criteria is that?

AggieFinn
September 26th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah, but a team IN THE TOP 25, being ranked BEHIND a team in another poll, by the same POLLING GROUP, is just stupid.

I noticed it yesterday and laughed. If TSN is going to poll San Diego out of the Top 25 and UA in the Top 25, there is no way in the MM poll, San Diego can be ahead of UA.

What kind of assinine criteria is that?

you're absolutely right. Do they care? Do they notice? who knows, not me, I'm not in their shoes, it is stupid, but maybe they feel San Diego is different somehow outside of mid-major. :cool:

kardplayer
September 26th, 2006, 02:33 PM
One significant explanation - the polling groups are different.

AggieFinn
September 26th, 2006, 02:52 PM
One significant explanation - the polling groups are different.

there you go Dane. :smiley_wi

GannonFan
September 26th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Don't worry about the MM poll anyway - that's like an Eastern team being all worried about the voting behind the Lambert Cup - it ultimately doesn't matter and is trounced by the more inclusive and probably more knowledgeable national polls.

DUPFLFan
September 27th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Don't worry about the MM poll anyway.

Why not? It's the only one we get...

It's MAJOR news when a mid-major reaches the 1-aa poll...