PDA

View Full Version : fare thee well, Elon

Apphole
September 21st, 2013, 08:17 PM
You made your entire existence about beating App. You never did.

I enjoyed my final trip to Kidd Brewer East. I'll miss having a home game in the Triangle.

Good luck in the CAA.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 21st, 2013, 08:19 PM
Did App. run the entire 99 yards on that last drive? Unreal.

Apphole
September 21st, 2013, 08:22 PM
Yes. All hail Marcus Cox, a superhuman true freshman, soon to make noise in the Sun Belt Conference.

ASU_Fanatic
September 21st, 2013, 08:31 PM
I think right now the best player comparison I can find for Marcus Cox is Jesus Christ

eaglewraith
September 21st, 2013, 08:33 PM
Yes. All hail Marcus Cox, a superhuman true freshman, soon to make noise in the Sun Belt Conference.

Better tighten up on OL first.

theasushow
September 21st, 2013, 08:47 PM
True freshman Marcus Cox finished with 149 yards receiving and 159 yards rushing, accounted for over 300 of ASU's 600 total yards. Law (also a freshman) had 15 tackles, and 2 interceptions, not too shabby. Price returned and had 99 yards in the air, 404 passing yards for ASU, and both Qb's tore it up, about time.

AppChicago
September 21st, 2013, 09:15 PM
Two things:
1) It's good to see some life in our boys. We saw a glimpse in the last few minutes two weeks ago, but tonight was an important confirmation. New let's see what happens against better (sorry Elon) teams.
2) It's "fare-thee-well" isn't it? Since everyone loves the guy who busts in to correct grammar, diction and idiomatic accuracy.

Apphole
September 21st, 2013, 09:39 PM
Two things:
1) It's good to see some life in our boys. We saw a glimpse in the last few minutes two weeks ago, but tonight was an important confirmation. New let's see what happens against better (sorry Elon) teams.
2) It's "fare-thee-well" isn't it? Since everyone loves the guy who busts in to correct grammar, diction and idiomatic accuracy.
Wow fare*

We started tailgating at lunch time.

T-Dog
September 21st, 2013, 11:48 PM

Yep, the OL was finally pushing people around and Cox wasn't getting touched until he got to the second level. He is the truth. He ran away from safety's on both his receiving touchdowns and won this game after Elon had all the momentum.

AppMan
September 22nd, 2013, 08:00 AM
I thought Marcus would be starting by game 5. I was wrong, it only took 3. I've been watching App football a long time and that kid may be the most complete back we've ever had. He is a special talent.

Our O-line is still really bad. Elon's D was dog tired on that last drive and playing on emotion up until Marcus ripped off that 16 yarder on 3 down. That run took the life right out of 'em.

AppMan
September 22nd, 2013, 08:08 AM

It was actually 75, but yes and it was Marcus Cox. Here is the drive chart

App
1-10
at App25
APPALACHIAN STATE drive start at 03:43.

App
1-10
at App25
Marcus Cox rush for 3 yards to the APP28 (Jay Brown).

App
2-7
at App28
Kameron Bryant pass incomplete to Andrew Peacock.

App
3-7
at App28
Marcus Cox rush for 18 yards to the APP46, 1ST DOWN APP (David Wood).

App
1-10
at App46
Marcus Cox rush for 16 yards to the ELON38, 1ST DOWN APP (David Wood).

App
1-10
at Elon38
Marcus Cox rush for 19 yards to the ELON19, 1ST DOWN APP (Julius Moore).

App
1-10
at Elon19
Timeout Elon, clock 01:37.

App
1-10
at Elon19
Marcus Cox rush for 16 yards to the ELON3, 1ST DOWN APP (Jonathan Spain).

App
1-G
at Elon03
Timeout Elon, clock 01:30.

App
1-G
at Elon03
Marcus Cox rush for 3 yards to the ELON0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 01:27.

SpeedkingATL
September 22nd, 2013, 08:41 AM
App's O-line is certainly a real work in progress for the 3rd straight year, but at least they started getting some movement on the last drive. I hate the 2 QB system but at least Cam is getting valuable reps for the future. Cox and Law are the future of the program and maybe App's best players already.

Apphole
September 22nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
App's O-line is certainly a real work in progress for the 3rd straight year, but at least they started getting some movement on the last drive. I hate the 2 QB system but at least Cam is getting valuable reps for the future. Cox and Law are the future of the program and maybe App's best players already.
I really think that Satterfield was using this game against the weakest team on the schedule to give them both an equal chance to earn the starting job. They alternated every third drive until the game winner, then he sent in Jamal to take the knee. I think this is Kam's offense now.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 22nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Seems like App. has made some progress, but be careful not to jinx Cox. Elon gave up 181 rushing yards to A&T, 110 to West Virginia-Whatever, and would've given up a mile of rushing to Tech if that game wasn't over early in the second quarter.

Apphole
September 22nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
Seems like App. has made some progress, but be careful not to jinx Cox. Elon gave up 181 rushing yards to A&T, 110 to West Virginia-Whatever, and would've given up a mile of rushing to Tech if that game wasn't over early in the second quarter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless an offense is totally pass-happy, wouldn't holding that team to 100-200 rushing yards for 4 quarters be a decent display? I'm not saying A&T and WV Whatever have good running offenses by any means, but it's not like they got 3-400 yards on the ground.

Wallace
September 22nd, 2013, 11:50 AM
Did Massey Ratings #47 Appalachian St beat #76 Elon?