PDA

View Full Version : EIU @ NIU Game Thread

eiu1999
September 21st, 2013, 06:19 PM
EIU 6
NIU 0

Garoppolo 14 YD TD to Lora. 2pt attempt failed.

Twentysix
September 21st, 2013, 06:20 PM
EIU, I love you.

Twentysix
September 21st, 2013, 06:22 PM
13-0 EIU up, and has possession after this commercial break.

I expect 7 in the next 35 seconds of game clock... Cause that's how EIU do!

eiu1999
September 21st, 2013, 06:23 PM
EIU 13
NIU 0
12:21 1st Qtr
Garoppolo 43 YD TD to Adam Drake, kick good.

Twentysix
September 21st, 2013, 06:34 PM
I can't wait to see NDSU play EIU in frisco or in Fargo.

bonarae
September 21st, 2013, 06:40 PM

I wish for that too, in the playoffs this year, 'cause Garoppolo is a senior now.

Tubakat2014
September 21st, 2013, 06:42 PM
EIU 20
NIU 6

This is getting good...

marenlee
September 21st, 2013, 06:48 PM
First thing that comes to mind is EIU has come a long way since that 58-10 beatdown in the playoffs.

Twentysix
September 21st, 2013, 06:56 PM
First thing that comes to mind is EIU has come a long way since that 58-10 beatdown in the playoffs.

It was probably their inspiration, like EWU was for NDSU.

FargoBison
September 21st, 2013, 06:56 PM
EIU is on some kind of roll.....will be #2 in my poll with a win.

Twentysix
September 21st, 2013, 06:57 PM
EIU is on some kind of roll.....will be #2 in my poll with a win.

Agreed, they seem to have the offense that everyone else thinks EWU has.

Twentysix
September 21st, 2013, 06:58 PM
Hypothetical EIU vs EWU this year 127-113. Lol.

FargoBison
September 21st, 2013, 07:01 PM
Hypothetical EIU vs EWU this year 127-113. Lol.

Would love to see that game happen. The stats would be like a video game. Too bad ODU left the FCS because that would have been a crazy matchup as well.

UNI Pike
September 21st, 2013, 07:01 PM
EIU could win every regular season game by 100-0, and I would still bet against them in the playoffs simply because they are in the OVC. in fact, if two OVC teams meet in the playoffs, I would be betting that both would find a way to lose.

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Twentysix
September 21st, 2013, 07:09 PM
Amazing INT by EIU.

TTUEagles
September 21st, 2013, 08:14 PM
EIU could win every regular season game by 100-0, and I would still bet against them in the playoffs simply because they are in the OVC. in fact, if two OVC teams meet in the playoffs, I would be betting that both would find a way to lose.

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Boooooooo!
Dick. xlolx

UNI Pike
September 21st, 2013, 08:22 PM
Boooooooo!
Dick. xlolx

I see your boooooo, and raise you a 0-21 playoff steak for the OVC

skinny_uncle
September 21st, 2013, 08:28 PM
NIU leading 30-26 in the third.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/1164028/size/condensed/

TTUEagles
September 21st, 2013, 08:32 PM
I see your boooooo, and raise you a 0-21 playoff steak for the OVC

Ha!
Just in case, I was just joking with you... no offense

UNI Pike
September 21st, 2013, 08:42 PM
No worries. It's just the Ovc's playoff record is beyond horrible. Job would have given up earlier.

skinny_uncle
September 21st, 2013, 08:56 PM
Tied at 33 early in the fourth.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2013, 09:04 PM
36-33 NIU

skinny_uncle
September 21st, 2013, 09:10 PM
39-36 EIU
9:53 left

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2013, 09:10 PM
EIU goes up 40-33 with 10 minutes left in the 4th.

EIU throws on every play. NIU's defense is crap.

Bisonwinagn
September 21st, 2013, 09:12 PM

Ummm 39-36

Screamin_Eagle174
September 21st, 2013, 09:13 PM
Go Panthers!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2013, 09:15 PM
Ummm 39-36

My mistake....

EIU's defense is not too good either.

skinny_uncle
September 21st, 2013, 09:15 PM

Nah. EIU has been doing this to everyone they play this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2013, 09:16 PM
NIU just scores.....

NIU 43-39

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2013, 09:17 PM
Nah. EIU has been doing this to everyone they play this year.

Very good passing game but their defense is mediocre at best and I haven't seen much of a running game. Run defense is horrible.

I would love to see a match-up against the Bison or SDSU or UNI, teams that have very good defenses. These 3 teams would beat NIU.

mmiller_34
September 21st, 2013, 09:21 PM
Very good passing game but their defense is mediocre at best and I haven't seen much of a running game.

I would love to see a match-up against the Bison or SDSU or UNI, teams that have very good defenses. These 3 teams would beat NIU.

You don't have to be nice. You can exclude us from the list if teams with a good D.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2013, 09:24 PM
You don't have to be nice. You can exclude us from the list if teams with a good D.

No...SDSU does have a good defense. Nebraska just had something to prove today.

Although it looks like if you stop ZZ, SDSU will have a tough time winning games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2013, 09:32 PM
NIU grinding it out on the ground.

skinny_uncle
September 21st, 2013, 09:33 PM
EIU just tries to outscore people. There is a reason Garoppolo leads the FCS in passing yards.

skinny_uncle
September 21st, 2013, 09:34 PM
NIU grinding it out on the ground.

Yeah. Trying to hang on against an FCS team by running clock.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2013, 09:35 PM
EIU just tries to outscore people. There is a reason Garoppolo leads the FCS in passing yards.

He has a very quick release....Jeff George like.

Come playoffs, good teams that have good defenses and good running games will not have much trouble with EIU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2013, 09:40 PM
Gutsy call by NIU....roll out pass for the 1st down.

NDSU-UNI-SDSU would roll EIU.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2013, 12:28 PM
:(.

I wanted EIU to win.

MplsBison
September 23rd, 2013, 05:43 PM

Frisco.

I want all Big Sky teams coming through Fargo this year (UND, MT St and EWU). We have bones to pick with them all. xnodx

Then for the NC III game, I don't really care who it is so long as it's not Sam Houston. Someone new please! EIU would be great, they really seem to be doing well and should sleep-walk through the OVC.

MplsBison
September 23rd, 2013, 05:48 PM
EIU fans (if there are any that post here) or Illinois school fans:

what's the deal with EIU being in the OVC with a bunch of Kentucky, Tennessee and Alabama schools?? Makes no sense to me, but there must be history to it.

Seems like they should at least be with Western Illinois in the Summit League or with the rest of the Illinois football schools in the Missouri Valley. What happened?

I would really, really like to have EIU join the Summit league - if we could somehow provide them a place for their football team. Either MVFC or (my dream) start a Summit Football conference (Dakota 4 + WIU and EIU, with a scheduling agreement w/ MVFC).

Houndawg
September 23rd, 2013, 05:53 PM
They used to be in the MVC but left for the opportunity to win.

EIUFan
September 23rd, 2013, 06:31 PM
EIU would have loved to stay in the MVC for football but they were in another conference for all other sports (Mid Continent) that basically everyone left except Eastern, Western and a couple of other schools. In order to have a conference to play in for other sports EIU joined the OVC who obviously would not let EIU remain in the MVC for football. I think EIU would prefer to be playing SIU, WIU, Illinois State, Indiana State, etc. every year in the same conference. During my time at EIU (early to mid 80's) EIU competed very well in the MVC (Gateway) and were co-champs with UNI their last year in the conference. I realize the conference has gotten much better with the addition of various teams over the past several years.

Unfortunately EIU does not bring enough to the table to ever be considered for the MVC in all sports so they will most likely remain in the OVC in all sports. I like the OVC although it contains no geographical rivals and is primarily thought of as a basketball league.

RabidRabbit
September 23rd, 2013, 07:42 PM
EIU would have loved to stay in the MVC for football but they were in another conference for all other sports (Mid Continent) that basically everyone left except Eastern, Western and a couple of other schools. In order to have a conference to play in for other sports EIU joined the OVC who obviously would not let EIU remain in the MVC for football. I think EIU would prefer to be playing SIU, WIU, Illinois State, Indiana State, etc. every year in the same conference. During my time at EIU (early to mid 80's) EIU competed very well in the MVC (Gateway) and were co-champs with UNI their last year in the conference. I realize the conference has gotten much better with the addition of various teams over the past several years.

Unfortunately EIU does not bring enough to the table to ever be considered for the MVC in all sports so they will most likely remain in the OVC in all sports. I like the OVC although it contains no geographical rivals and is primarily thought of as a basketball league.

Would love EIU to consider the Summit League. Summit bears little resemblance to the Mid-Con of the 90's

EIUFan
September 23rd, 2013, 08:21 PM
No doubt - today's Summit League is much more attractive than the one EIU left although the travel would be greater than what it is in the OVC. I would like to be in the same conference as WIU as the two schools are fairly similar and are much smaller than both ISU and SIU. The Summit has certainly stabilized over the past several years.

TTUEagles
September 23rd, 2013, 08:42 PM
I like the OVC although it contains no geographical rivals and is primarily thought of as a basketball league.

Thus, the addition of SIU-Edwardsville to the OVC ... I guess.

MplsBison
September 23rd, 2013, 11:10 PM

That's fair enough, but what I don't understand is why didn't Western take the same path as you -or- why didn't you stay in the Mid-Con/Gateway with Western?

No current Summit teams are ever going to be invited to the MVC. I'm mostly interested in having EIU come onboard for the idea of an all-sports Summit League, with a three team extension into hockey (UND, UNO and Denver). I really think it would be competitive with the MVC in most sports and provide a great, stable league for its members.

MplsBison
September 23rd, 2013, 11:12 PM
Thus, the addition of SIU-Edwardsville to the OVC ... I guess.

That doesn't count.

Ill St, Western Ill, Southern Ill and to some limited extent Northern Ill are the true rivals of Eastern Ill. I also think Indiana St would be a good, reasonably proximal rival.

You can't replace them with some extension campus of one of the rivals.