PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette @ Penn Game Thread 9/21/2013

Pards Rule
September 21st, 2013, 01:57 PM
Pards have won five of the last six contests but are underdogs by 10 points playing at Franklin Field. Last game on schedule (so far) for these two teams which today will have contested 90 times. Coach Frank Tavani looking to break winless record this year, especially after his squad got manhandled in first half last week when William and Mary visited Easton, Pa. First game of the year for the Quakers. Al Bagnoli trying to win his 10th Ivy championship and that would tally 17 total for Penn. Game time 6PM. Yours truly will be attending.

Pards Rule
September 21st, 2013, 02:08 PM
Departing now to tailgate at Penn Law parking lot NEC of 34th and Chestnut. New Pard President Alison Byerly will be there.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 02:29 PM
Departing now to tailgate at Penn Law parking lot NEC of 34th and Chestnut. New Pard President Alison Byerly will be there.

Will she be squired by the Marquis?

Pard4Life
September 21st, 2013, 02:35 PM
Will she be squired by the Marquis?

Careful, Tanks may lose it.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 02:38 PM

Why, because he can't stand the Marquis, or because he can't tolerate the use of "squire" as a verb?

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 03:10 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4917/zqky.jpg

With all of this Ivy League stuff going on around here today, I felt compelled to post a picture of Thatcher Longstreth holding a "Beat Penn" pennant. No particular reason for it. It just seemed propitious.

Ivytalk
September 21st, 2013, 03:16 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4917/zqky.jpg

With all of this Ivy League stuff going on around here today, I felt compelled to post a picture of Thatcher Longstreth holding a "Beat Penn" pennant. No particular reason for it. It just seemed propitious.

You mean the late Thatcher Longstreth, right? He died waiting for Princeton to beat Penn one last time. And that, sir, is my 14,000th post!xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 03:18 PM
You mean the late Thatcher Longstreth, right? He died waiting for Princeton to beat Penn one last time. And that, sir, is my 14,000th post!xthumbsupx

You blew your 14,000th post on (the late) Thatcher Longstreth?

Franks Tanks
September 21st, 2013, 04:06 PM

I'm a big Marquis fan!

I thought the "Marquis Affair" was more comical than anything, and just felt bad for Byerly that she got roped into that.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM
After watching some of the video streams today, I'm ready for LSN-TV quality.

Almost game time . . . Puck Fenn . . . GO PARDS!!!!!!

Fordham
September 21st, 2013, 04:57 PM
Let's go Pards!!

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 05:14 PM
Pards intercept Ragone, but can't do anything.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 05:15 PM
Very un-Ivy-like new uniforms for the Quackers.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 05:19 PM
Pards still can't tackle.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 05:23 PM
Penn TD. This could be a tough game.

7-0 Penn

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 05:27 PM
ZZ fumbles. Penn recovers.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 05:30 PM
Penn misses 44 yd FG. Dodged a bullet after fumble.

Kramer
September 21st, 2013, 05:33 PM
Pards struggling mightily on offense right now.

Fordham
September 21st, 2013, 05:50 PM
Pard TD!!! nice!

Kramer
September 21st, 2013, 05:50 PM
nice TD pass. 10-7 Penn.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 06:26 PM
13-7 Penn at the half. Frank pulled ZZ and put in the freshman QB.

Engineer86
September 21st, 2013, 06:31 PM
13-7 Penn at the half. Frank pulled ZZ and put in the freshman QB.

Time for LU to,do the same

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 06:39 PM
Did you guys see the pregame? Laubach, Joseph and Leone were ripping on Penn and Ivy in general for de-scheduling Patriot teams. Just a reminder, fellas - we have the same friggin' Academic Index as you you do. Get a life already! You're afraid of a tiny, 2,200 student undergraduate college? Really???

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 06:44 PM
In other news, Monmouth over Crusaders 7-0 at the half.

LehighU11
September 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM
Only Lafayette would allow a TD on a high snap that appeared to be a lost of 15. Not a good year to be a fan of a PL team. At least Fordham is respectable...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2013, 08:40 PM
Time for LU to,do the same

Care to revise this prediction?

LehighU11
September 21st, 2013, 08:49 PM
Care to revise this prediction?

Really. I was fed up with all of the nonsense being yelled IN THE FIRST HALF against CCSU. We're 3 games into the season and have won each of them with a new QB. There's some need of improvement in some aspects, but BB is getting the job done.

Suppose the naysayers want all freshmen in on defense too...

Southsider
September 21st, 2013, 09:08 PM
Really. I was fed up with all of the nonsense being yelled IN THE FIRST HALF against CCSU. We're 3 games into the season and have won each of them with a new QB. There's some need of improvement in some aspects, but BB is getting the job done.

Suppose the naysayers want all freshmen in on defense too...

I was one who slammed BB in Week 1.......Although he had some hiccups tonight, I'll admit that my criticism was premature...........

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 09:14 PM
Only Lafayette would allow a TD on a high snap that appeared to be a lost of 15. Not a good year to be a fan of a PL team. At least Fordham is respectable...

You're not kidding. This was another complete embarrassment.

LehighU11
September 21st, 2013, 09:21 PM
You're not kidding. This was another complete embarrassment.

That was the only drive I saw of the Pards' game, as I was frustrated with the direction ours was heading. I feel awful for you guys just from watching that and knowing what Tavani puts you through each week.

Go...gate
September 21st, 2013, 09:25 PM
Did you guys see the pregame? Laubach, Joseph and Leone were ripping on Penn and Ivy in general for de-scheduling Patriot teams. Just a reminder, fellas - we have the same friggin' Academic Index as you you do. Get a life already! You're afraid of a tiny, 2,200 student undergraduate college? Really???

Given today's results, the Ivy just needs to shut the Hell up. But for Fordham's rout and Princeton's handing the game to Lehigh they did very well against the PL. Frankly, I'm thinking that we haven't been this non-competitive vs. the Ivy since the 1993-97 period.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 09:28 PM
Pards were in it the entire game but we lost our QB near the end of the second half. Freshman QB was ill-equipped to win it from behind.

Then again, so was our RB corps, our OL, our defensive secondary . . . .

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 11:07 PM
Congratulations to the Penn Quakers and to Coach Al Bagnoli for the hard-fought win today and thanks for an exciting game.

The Ivy schedule says that you'll be opening against Jacksonville University from now on. Good luck with that. I trust it's more to your liking. A thrilling prospect, if I may say so.

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2013, 07:50 AM
Congratulations to the Penn Quakers and to Coach Al Bagnoli for the hard-fought win today and thanks for an exciting game.

The Ivy schedule says that you'll be opening against Jacksonville University from now on. Good luck with that. I trust it's more to your liking. A thrilling prospect, if I may say so.

So it will be... The Quackers against the Jackers?:p

Pards Rule
September 22nd, 2013, 08:13 AM
Pards were in it the entire game but we lost our QB near the end of the second half. Freshman QB was ill-equipped to win it from behind.

Then again, so was our RB corps, our OL, our defensive secondary . . . .

Correction: you meant second quarter - not half. Andrew Dzurik # 12 (Penn program showed sophomore?) played admirably after getting off to a 0-2-2 start (ok, the first pick was a Hail Mary at the very end of the half into the end zone) but he was picked off on his first pass of the second half when he tried to force it into coverage on "Magic Mark" Ross - not Magic Mike! I'm sure he wouldn't mind either comparison though as his incredible playmaking abilities resound to both descriptions! For second straight week Pards came back with very good 2nd halfs but so buried themselves in the first half it was improbable to dig themselves out of the fallbehind (new adjective).

CHIP72
September 23rd, 2013, 06:29 PM
I only saw the last few minutes of the game via the WatchESPN app on the iPhone while riding back from the Penn State game. (I won free tickets to the Penn State/Kent State game in State College; I've taken a couple of classes on-line at PSU this year and won a drawing with their World Campus for All University Day. This allowed me the pleasure of sitting in the rain for 3+ hours, but I digress...) The Leopards made things interesting in the 4th quarter, but the Quakers showed they had enough to hold on. Still, a pretty good showing by Lafayette against the Ivy League favorite, and from Penn's point of view, they posted a solid win and have some momentum going into the Villanova game. (Maybe this is the year the Quakers knock off the Wildcats...we'll see.)