PDA

View Full Version : Georgetown-Brown Game Thread

DFW HOYA
September 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
Brown 31-0 at the half.

Bears punted only once. Hoyas did not get a first down until the 10 minute mark of the second quarter and turned the ball over on consecutive fourth down conversions.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2013, 01:02 PM
Georgetown is returning to form. The Hoyas are dreadfully bad. With that said, Brown is always a contender in the IL.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Video? xeyebrowx

DFW HOYA
September 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Couple of other stats: Brown 5-5 in the red zone, converted a 4th and 3, 4th and 5, and 4th and 9.

Available on Ivy League Network.

Sader87
September 21st, 2013, 01:44 PM
I'd feel worse for you DFW if you didn't have a strong hoop program for your school to fall back on.

I know you don't want to hear it or believe it, but GTown will either (or both) drop out of the PL or drop football within the next 5 years imo.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 01:47 PM
I'd feel worse for you DFW if you didn't have a strong hoop program for your school to fall back on.

I know you don't want to hear it or believe it, but GTown will either (or both) drop out of the PL or drop football within the next 5 years imo.

Drop out of PL so they have have their extra-special exclusive pseudo-Ivy football membership. And get beaten like a ragdoll every week.

Pard4Life
September 21st, 2013, 01:49 PM
I'll reiterate my pick logic for this game: Brown bear brown bear, what do you see? I see any scholarship-less Ivy wanna-be looking at me! :D

DFW HOYA
September 21st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Brown sitting its offensive starters, now 38-0 after three.

Brown 6-6 in the red zone, Georgetown 0-0.

DFW HOYA
September 21st, 2013, 02:07 PM
Brown down to second and third stringrs, now 45-0 4th.

The Bears have had six drives start in Georgetown territory. No Georgetown drive has started outside its 25.

DFW HOYA
September 21st, 2013, 02:23 PM
Kyle Nolan comes off the bench to drive the Hoyas 76 yards on the final play of the drive and gets shaken up on the next to last play of the drive. Isaiah Kempf returns to throw a 18 yard TD pass, 45-7, which is the final.

It was Georgetown's only red zone possession of the entire day.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 02:26 PM
The master plan revealed! After dropping every other PL team from its schedules, Ivy will "readjust the temperament" of its collective football programs to accommodate Georgetown. Ivy then will schedule the Hoyas for all OOC games, with each member playing Georgetown three times per year.

Pard4Life
September 21st, 2013, 02:35 PM
Georgetown is kind of like a Pioneer team... :D

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Georgetown is kind of like a Pioneer team... :D

Not really. Marist beat the cojones off them.

DFW HOYA
September 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM
What gets discouraging about efforts like this is the visible talent gap on the field which is a result of too many lost recruiting battles against other IL and PL teams.

That, and a team can't go four possessions in each half (8 total) with three and out.

Next four: Princeton, Fordham, Lehigh, Colgate.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Fordham

Hehehe . . . :)

DFW HOYA
September 21st, 2013, 03:18 PM
On correction--the Fordham game is at MSF.

And if it's any consolation, Georgeown has actually beat Fordham at the MSF. Georgetown has not won in the Bronx since the 1974 season.

CFBfan
September 21st, 2013, 04:35 PM
On correction--the Fordham game is at MSF.

And if it's any consolation, Georgeown has actually beat Fordham at the MSF. Georgetown has not won in the Bronx since the 1974 season.

Fordham will be favored by 48 at the MSF. Maybe more