PDA

View Full Version : Does Gameday in Fargo make....

Cocky
September 21st, 2013, 09:11 AM
NDSUs win over K State bigger than Apps win over Michigan?
NDSU is getting a lot of free advertisement and praise from the ESPN crew.

Bisonator
September 21st, 2013, 09:13 AM
No. Why does one have to be bigger. Both are great as is EWU's and JMU's.

Cocky
September 21st, 2013, 09:29 AM
Not talking on the field but publicity.

The only two in the competition are NDSU and App. All the others are way behind.

DSUrocks07
September 21st, 2013, 09:38 AM

The only two in the competition are NDSU and App. All the others are way behind.

It may have been only six years, but its a different era now.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Red & Black
September 21st, 2013, 09:43 AM

How so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mountaineer
September 21st, 2013, 09:56 AM
NDSUs win over K State bigger than Apps win over Michigan?
NDSU is getting a lot of free advertisement and praise from the ESPN crew.

xlolx

http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/jpg/happy-oh-stop-it-you.jpg

IBleedYellow
September 21st, 2013, 09:57 AM
No, EWUs is a bigger win on the field as well. Despite what I first said.

Moto X

LosHogan
September 21st, 2013, 10:25 AM
I think Apps win was the coming out party for the FCS. It established the precedent that it doesn't matter how "big" of an FBS program you are, you can get your face smashed by the FCS. The NDSU win kinda "re-hashed" that, stamped it down. I feel like NDSU was less of surprise BECAUSE of the App and JMU victories (also because NDSU is a solid football program). It doesn't mean the NDSU win was not awesome, because it was. I just wasn't surprised when I heard NDSU beat K-State. I kinda expected it.

robsnotes4u
September 21st, 2013, 10:26 AM
This is good for all FCS. Too bad it isn't two top FCS teams and is televised. Congrats to NDSU they deserve it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Big Dawg
September 21st, 2013, 10:29 AM
No...FAMU had College Gameday on campus and we haven't won playoff game or beat an FBS/BCS/I-A team in a looooooong time

With that said, App. State over Michigan was much bigger...Michigan was ranked 5th in the nation and still ended up finishing 9-3 and beating Tim Tebow and the Gators at the end of the season. The Wolverines also finished that season ranked in the Top 20.

That's not to diminish what NDSU has accomplished at all...because NDSU continues to put FBS/BCS teams in their place

Cocky
September 21st, 2013, 10:45 AM
How so?

Is gameday at EWU? App was the media darling for awhile. The others got 15 minutes of fame but NDSU and App have extend the pub. The free pub is a two horse race.

In my part of the country, The Citadels victory over Arkansas back whenever would probably rank 3rd in pub.

On the field its hard to rank upsets but App has the win over the biggest name program. Michigans name made it a national story while victories over names such as Oregon State, Va Tech, K State or most other programs are more regional.

McNeese75
September 21st, 2013, 12:04 PM
Who cares what game was "bigger"??? Great job by the Bison Fans and Fargo today, Kudos to all !!! xthumbsupx

Cocky
September 21st, 2013, 12:16 PM
Wow
turn off the scoreboards and give everybody a trophy

My kid didnt get to play much last night so he is quitting the team. He is good but the kid playing first team is better but his feelings are hurt.

Red & Black
September 21st, 2013, 12:44 PM
Is gameday at EWU? App was the media darling for awhile. The others got 15 minutes of fame but NDSU and App have extend the pub. The free pub is a two horse race.

In my part of the country, The Citadels victory over Arkansas back whenever would probably rank 3rd in pub.

On the field its hard to rank upsets but App has the win over the biggest name program. Michigans name made it a national story while victories over names such as Oregon State, Va Tech, K State or most other programs are more regional.

I'm not debating which game is bigger, but I think people are making an assumption that Game Day went to Fargo solely based off of the fact that they beat Kansas State. I think that's a little dismissive of their accomplishments, and I would argue there's a lot more to it than that. While the big W over Kansas State may have been a catalyst of sorts, NDSU is also the two-time defending National Champions. Much easier justifying going to an FCS school for something like Gameday when the host has those sort if credentials AND a win over a BCS program.

marenlee
September 21st, 2013, 02:04 PM
I'm not debating which game is bigger, but I think people are making an assumption that Game Day went to Fargo solely based off of the fact that they beat Kansas State. I think that's a little dismissive of their accomplishments, and I would argue there's a lot more to it than that. While the big W over Kansas State may have been a catalyst of sorts, NDSU is also the two-time defending National Champions. Much easier justifying going to an FCS school for something like Gameday when the host has those sort if credentials AND a win over a BCS program.

Interviews with the Gameday producers pretty much said the Kansas State game was a catalyst for it. They were looking ahead to this week figuring out where to go and while watching the Kansas State game they came up with the idea.

Pard4Life
September 21st, 2013, 02:05 PM
No.

Go Bison
September 21st, 2013, 05:13 PM
The only way that the NDSU win will be bigger than the App State win is if K-State runs the table or finishes the season ranked 10 or less. I doubt that would happen though. App State was on the cover of SI and NDSU hasn't had that.

IBleedYellow
September 21st, 2013, 05:21 PM

They did. Interviews with Lee Fitting and others they explicitly stated they came here because of that win. 100%

Moto X

theasushow
September 21st, 2013, 06:58 PM
It also helped that there were no clear cut HUGE games in FBS this week. They were looking outside of the FBS box for a gameday location, and Fargo was the perfect place. It was an awesome show this morning.

Bisonoline
September 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM
The only way that the NDSU win will be bigger than the App State win is if K-State runs the table or finishes the season ranked 10 or less. I doubt that would happen though. App State was on the cover of SI and NDSU hasn't had that.

NDSUs win over K-state will never surpass the App State win. Meatchicken was ranked. It was on national TV. FCS wins over the bigs were basically unheard of. Plus it was Meatchicken. Nobody cared about K-state on the big board at that time.

gabe01
September 25th, 2013, 10:04 PM
App State was bigger. Ndsu fans expected to win this game

Apphole
September 25th, 2013, 10:45 PM
It also helped that there were no clear cut HUGE games in FBS this week. They were looking outside of the FBS box for a gameday location, and Fargo was the perfect place. It was an awesome show this morning.

This.

It took a novel idea by some producer and a convenient lack huge FBS v FBS matchups on the date to made Gameday in Fargo happen just as much as the Bison's success on the field contributed.

I think the App upset was bigger because of the rank of opponent, the opponent's star-studded roster of future NFL greats and the national brand of the opponent, but I am damn jealous that we never got college gameday in Boone. That would have made my life.

Apphole
September 25th, 2013, 10:46 PM
App State was bigger. Ndsu fans expected to win this game

Good point. We were pleasantly surprised. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26WNUJ4-fCI