PDA

View Full Version : NDSU over Ball State and thots on SUU???

Jackluv
September 24th, 2006, 03:45 PM
NDSU beat Ball State this weekend in front of a 10,000 fan crowd at ball state!! 10,000 wow, they should be d1aa. is this any accomplishment at all or what?

Also, Southern Utah beat Texas State this week. is texas state that bad? i know SUU got ALOT better from last year though.

GABison
September 24th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Sure it is an accomplishment. Beating a squad that has 20+ more schollies than you. I think our AD did a great job of scheduling a beatable team for our first IA foray. Sounds like Ball State played Purdue tougher than Minnesota did.

If we beat Minnesota, will that be an accomplishment in your eyes?:eyebrow:

th0m
September 24th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I think by accomplishment (or lack thereof) Jackluv was aiming at the attendance, not the W for NDSU over Ball State.

Proud Griz Man
September 24th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Congrat's NDSU. :bow:

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I think by accomplishment (or lack thereof) Jackluv was aiming at the attendance, not the W for NDSU over Ball State.
I kind of got that from his post too. I also think many Bison fans recognize this win for what it is, a win over a mediocre DIA team. It was still a great win but Ball state is not a perrenail power in DI so we will enjoy the W but also realize we didn't beat UCLA or Ohio here. Still I like where NDSU is headed. We have a good team that plays well no matter whether its at home or no the road. These guys can bring it :bow: and I think at this point can go toe to toe with the best of IAA. Of course I'm also a homer but hey what do you expect. xlolx

Proud Griz Man
September 24th, 2006, 04:25 PM
I kind of got that from his post too. I also think many Bison fans recognize this win for what it is, a win over a mediocre DIA team. It was still a great win but Ball state is not a perrenail power in DI so we will enjoy the W but also realize we didn't beat UCLA or Ohio here. Still I like where NDSU is headed. We have a good team that plays well no matter whether its at home or no the road. These guys can bring it :bow: and I think at this point can go toe to toe with the best of IAA. Of course I'm also a homer but hey what do you expect. xlolx

Enjoy the win. We heard the same stuff when we beat Idaho and when Oregon State's program was down. Enjoy the win while you can. :thumbsup:

darussian12
September 24th, 2006, 05:28 PM
NDSU beat Ball State this weekend in front of a 10,000 fan crowd at ball state!! 10,000 wow, they should be d1aa. is this any accomplishment at all or what?

Also, Southern Utah beat Texas State this week. is texas state that bad? i know SUU got ALOT better from last year though.

yes we are that bad....no D to speak of and no discipline whatsoever with 126 yds in penalties IN 1 HALF....embarassing but the wishful fans think we can win the SLC and get the auto bid....ill be happy if we beat teams other then SFA and Texas Southern....at least George is getting his reps and we can only get better...:-)