View Full Version : Trouble at Lehigh

crusader11
September 18th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Tweet from Michael LoRe: #Lehigh football coach Andy Coen just read a prepared statement saying a number of players have been suspended due to an incident Tuesday.

Something to keep an eye on...

crusader11
September 18th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Follow up tweet: A source confirmed the off-campus incident involved four players, who are suspended indefinitely. No names were revealed. #Lehigh

Go Green
September 18th, 2013, 11:17 AM
If you want to lay money on Princeton, you probably only have a few hours to do so.

crusader11
September 18th, 2013, 11:19 AM
From Keith Groller: #Lehigh football coach Andy Coen has acknowledged that "a few of his players" were involved in an off-campus incident & have been suspended

And...

"This is a serious matter and I want to deal with these guys in a manner that's consistent with our program," #Lehigh coach Andy Coen said.

superman7515
September 18th, 2013, 11:27 AM
This never would have happened if the Patriot League had voted to stay non-scholarship. It's time to clean this mess up before the Patriot League ends up full of Alabama's, Ohio State's, and USC's.

andy7171
September 18th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I guess Spadola wasn't the only one on the team.

cmaxwellgsu
September 18th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Wow, not very Ivy like of them......

RichH2
September 18th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Clearly not a good occurence but I'll wait until we find out what happened and who players are. If Andy got involved my guess is that it was not just hijinks. Indefinite suspension tends to indicate either that he will hold off until all facts are in or that it is serious and these fellows are done for a good while. Nothing yet from any players on twitter

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Hopefully it wasn't on defense....

No one is immune. Lehigh has actually gone a number of years since the last incident.

kdinva
September 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM
This never would have happened if the Patriot League had voted to stay non-scholarship.

I'd say 97% of all scholly athletes at VMI (and The Citadel, I bet), are good folks, 24/7. No school is "perfect".

superman7515
September 18th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I'd say 97% of all scholly athletes at VMI (and The Citadel, I bet), are good folks, 24/7. No school is "perfect".

Wow, that clearly went over your head.

RichH2
September 18th, 2013, 11:40 AM
per twitter Andy noted 1st time in his 8 yrs he has had to suspend anyone but that players are responsible and accountable for their decisions.He and some players noted that they were disappointed in the 4 players.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 18th, 2013, 11:42 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/09/breaking-four-mountan-hawk-players.html

The incident appeared to be an "off-campus incident" at a bar. One of the suspended players appears to be a backup corner.

knucklehead
September 18th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Glad to see the coach act quickly and suspend them indefinitely. Classy move in a sad situation.

RichH2
September 18th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Andy had no choice. Fell bad for players as it appears from police info that fight was started by the other group.

crusader11
September 18th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Statement from Andy Coen: http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2013/09/four_lehigh_university_footbal.html#incart_river

Bisonator
September 18th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Don't rush to judgement guys. Wait for all of the facts to come out and don't rely on the media reports before dragging anyone through the mud. Bad situation especially during the season.

GreatAppSt
September 18th, 2013, 12:16 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/09/breaking-four-mountan-hawk-players.html

The incident appeared to be an "off-campus incident" at a bar. One of the suspended players appears to be a backup corner.

A 19 y/o out at a bar with three other players after midnight busting faces. Big whoop it happens. Andy better tighten up his program.:D

UNH Fanboi
September 18th, 2013, 12:19 PM
This never would have happened if the Patriot League had voted to stay non-scholarship. It's time to clean this mess up before the Patriot League ends up full of Alabama's, Ohio State's, and USC's.

Or worse, like JMUs.

UNH Fanboi
September 18th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Andy had no choice. Fell bad for players as it appears from police info that fight was started by the other group.

That's the thing with fighting. It doesn't matter who started it or who was acting in self-defense, the "winner" always ends up getting arrested.

heath
September 18th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Glad to see they're human at Lehigh. Just let Mickey Matthews catch wind off this and he'll make sure those 4 players are in Harrisonburg next season. Let me guess.....Time for Lafayette to pile onxthumbsupx

Go...gate
September 18th, 2013, 12:56 PM

I have to believe with the schedule the cadets have to keep, they are awfully busy, and that is a good thing - it keeps them out of trouble.

Go...gate
September 18th, 2013, 01:00 PM
This stuff happens. It has happened at Colgate from time to time (most recently with Jordan Scott). Delaware had an incident some years ago as well. Most kids know better, but they are kids and they don't always have the reasoned judgment only experience and time can teach.

RichH2
September 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM
This stuff happens. It has happened at Colgate from time to time (most recently with Jordan Scott). Delaware had an incident some years ago as well. Most kids know better, but they are kids and they don't always have the reasoned judgment only experience and time can teach.

Especially after drinking at a bar. Regardless sad for all. Regardless who started fight,once someone ha to go to hospital ,the police will bring charges

SingForever
September 18th, 2013, 01:43 PM
I'm sure he's a hell of a lot better person than you could ever dream of , PUNK.

carney2
September 18th, 2013, 01:53 PM
The only probable so far is a 19 year old freshman defensive back. Let's reserve judgment until we have some facts.

RichH2
September 18th, 2013, 01:59 PM
The Court allegations, if true, are not good for him. We do not know all the facts by a long shot. Just fell sorry for him

heath
September 18th, 2013, 02:02 PM
The only probable so far is a 19 year old freshman defensive back. Let's reserve judgment until we have some facts.
Sophomore,not that makes any difference,But a Tuesday night????????????????????????

LehighU11
September 18th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Sophomore,not that makes any difference,But a Tuesday night????????????????????????

There is a reason Lehigh ranks in the top 10 party schools. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...it doesn't matter, there's always a party/busy bar to go to if you want to drink.

gotts
September 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I'm sure he's a hell of a lot better person than you could ever dream of , PUNK.

The quote feature works wonders. That way we can know who your fury is directed at, just sayin'

SingForever
September 18th, 2013, 02:11 PM
The quote feature works wonders. That way we can know who your fury is directed at, just sayin'
OBVIOUSLY IT IS ANDY

SingForever
September 18th, 2013, 02:13 PM
JUST SAYIN' GOTTS - LOL

Sader87
September 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM
There is a reason Lehigh ranks in the top 10 party schools. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...it doesn't matter, there's always a party/busy bar to go to if you want to drink.

Ahem....

superman7515
September 18th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Ahem....

Lehigh, Lafayette, same thing, right?

Franks Tanks
September 18th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Ahem....

What year and publication is that from?

citdog
September 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30700000/U-Mad-bro-random-30750110-194-259.jpg

LehighU11
September 18th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Ahem....

Is that from 1936? Princeton Review has Lehigh at #10 this year (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/05/top-party-schools-2013-14_n_3707912.html)...Apparently entrance to the Patriot League negatively impacted HC's rankings in more than football :D

Sader87
September 18th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Is that from 1936? Princeton Review has Lehigh at #10 this year (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/05/top-party-schools-2013-14_n_3707912.html)...Apparently entrance to the Patriot League negatively impacted HC's rankings in more than football :D

Touche...it's actually from the original Preppy Handbook circa 1980 I believe....and yes, HC was more of a pahty school prior to its entrance into the PL.

andy7171
September 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolx

:D

andy7171
September 18th, 2013, 03:07 PM
I got neg repped for that! :(

LehighU11
September 18th, 2013, 03:08 PM
No surprise that this whole incident occurred at Leon's bar on E 5th St. You'd be hard pressed to find a sketchier dive bar than that dump. The hospitalized 22-yr old man is a Lehigh senior, as you'd expect from an altercation there. Sad and troubling story all around.

IBleedYellow
September 18th, 2013, 03:16 PM
So...how about we save judgement ;)

URMite
September 18th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I thought you had to be 21 in PA?

carney2
September 18th, 2013, 03:30 PM

If you're old enough to reach the bar with your money, you're old enough to get served.

LehighU11
September 18th, 2013, 03:30 PM

You do. Either he had a fake ID or used a friend's to fool the bouncer at the door. Could have also jumped over the fence in the backyard at this place, as the bar is in a residential area and poorly secured.

crusader11
September 18th, 2013, 03:33 PM
You do. Either he had a fake ID or used a friend's to fool the bouncer at the door. Could have also jumped over the fence in the backyard at this place, as the bar is in a residential area and poorly secured.

May be wrong, but I think URMite was being facetious with his post.

heath
September 18th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Football players at every campus get perks. Need an ID?, are you serious. Hell, the drinks were probably freexnodx

MDUNHfan
September 18th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Feel bad for the players but I hope this gets resolved quickly. I'd like to see Lehigh at full strength next weekend.

Go...gate
September 18th, 2013, 04:01 PM
If you're old enough to reach the bar with your money, you're old enough to get served.

Yep.

RichH2
September 18th, 2013, 04:59 PM

Not a college campus in USA that does not have a skeevy bar near campus

Sader87
September 18th, 2013, 05:13 PM

We used to have them "on-campus" back in the day of the 18 year-old drinking age....maybe skeevy is a little harsh.

There's actually a movement supported by many university prexies to change the drinking age laws:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amethyst_Initiative

URMite
September 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM

Including BYU? or in FCS, our opponent this week?

URMite
September 18th, 2013, 05:15 PM
We used to have them "on-campus" back in the day of the 18 year-old drinking age....maybe skeevy is a little harsh.

There's actually a movement supported by many university prexies to change the drinking age laws:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amethyst_Initiative

Although I was being facetious, I was in college as it was changing from 18 to 21. So I always ask.

Oh and here in VA. It is possible (however unlikely) to go to jail for 1 year for having a beer in your possession at age 20.

Sader87
September 18th, 2013, 05:20 PM
it sounds sort of "off the wall" but it does make sense to have more pubs/bars on campus (HC used to have pseudo pubs in each Hill dorm as well as the campus pub back in the 70's/early 80's....had older HC relatives who snuck me in a couple times when I was in hs). A lot of these incidents seem to happen in less than savory environments and may not occur as much on campus.

lehighfball
September 18th, 2013, 07:46 PM
A little more info to shed some light on the parties involved. The person who started the fight, a friend of the victim, was involved in another incident in 2012. He was witnessed by police instigating a fight in a parking garage on campus. He was cited with underage drinking.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2013, 07:49 PM
This reminds me of the Jermaine Pugh incident a number of years ago. I knew one of the parties involved in that fiasco. I'm pretty sure most of the original charges were dropped against Pugh. He might have ended up with simple assault or another none life changing charge.

Pards Rule
September 18th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Touche...it's actually from the original Preppy Handbook circa 1980 I believe....and yes, HC was more of a pahty school prior to its entrance into the PL.

Aha - and that was my frosh year. If i recall some Pards went to Maine for a drinkoff with Bowdoin and took home the Porcelian Toilet!

RichH2
September 18th, 2013, 08:08 PM
A little more info to shed some light on the parties involved. The person who started the fight, a friend of the victim, was involved in another incident in 2012. He was witnessed by police instigating a fight in a parking garage on campus. He was cited with underage drinking.
The problem tho is did RP go beyond self defense in injuring the other guy. Certainly instigator's history will be relevant but police report already notes that they started the fight. No problem with kid defending himself from this jerk.

RichH2
September 18th, 2013, 08:09 PM
owl

Think it was disorederly conduct, a volation

lehighfball
September 18th, 2013, 08:26 PM
The problem tho is did RP go beyond self defense in injuring the other guy. Certainly instigator's history will be relevant but police report already notes that they started the fight. No problem with kid defending himself from this jerk.

That's up to the court to decide. We'll have to wait and see. I just thought it was worth mentioning the instigator's history. I also heard one other person may be charged . I hope it's not another player.

danefan
September 18th, 2013, 10:47 PM
FYIin advance!!!!!!.

Smart kids can also be assholes.

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2013, 10:55 PM
FYIin advance!!!!!!.

Smart kids can also be assholes.

That's true, but it's hard to say in this instance how the fight got started and whether the Lehigh players had a clear chance to walk away from it. I'd rather just let the dust settle on this one.

ngineer
September 18th, 2013, 11:22 PM
What's concerning is that while the Lehigh player does not appear to have started the fight and, initially, may have been defending himself, the paper reports witnesses telling the police that the player was seen kicking the instigator while lying on the ground resulting in facial fracture and concussion. This has resulted in aggravated assault charge. There has been no information on what the "other" players who have been suspended were doing at the time of the confrontation. It will take awhile for the system to sort this one out, and I suspect the player charged will not see the field, again, this year and possibly never....at least at Lehigh. Real shame how young students with so much promise can have such poor judgment...but, of course, with the possible abuse of alcohol it's really a lack of judgment. From a football standpoint, it will be interesting to see what kind of effect this may have on the rest of the team. Always a toss up as to how young players will react...If the others suspended are also defensive players, what has been Lehigh's biggest concern so far this year, has just become bigger. As Andy likes to say, "Time for someone to step up."

RichH2
September 18th, 2013, 11:27 PM
What's concerning is that while the Lehigh player does not appear to have started the fight and, initially, may have been defending himself, the paper reports witnesses telling the police that the player was seen kicking the instigator while lying on the ground resulting in facial fracture and concussion. This has resulted in aggravated assault charge. There has been no information on what the "other" players who have been suspended were doing at the time of the confrontation. It will take awhile for the system to sort this one out, and I suspect the player charged will not see the field, again, this year and possibly never....at least at Lehigh. Real shame how young students with so much promise can have such poor judgment...but, of course, with the possible abuse of alcohol it's really a lack of judgment. From a football standpoint, it will be interesting to see what kind of effect this may have on the rest of the team. Always a toss up as to how young players will react...If the others suspended are also defensive players, what has been Lehigh's biggest concern so far this year, has just become bigger. As Andy likes to say, "Time for someone to step up."
+1

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Wow, not very Ivy like of them......

Yeah, we Ivy types just cheat, and we do that ON campus!xnodx

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Aha - and that was my frosh year. If i recall some Pards went to Maine for a drinkoff with Bowdoin and took home the Porcelian Toilet!

Hmmm, Harvard has the Porcellian (actual spelling) Club for rich, 20-going-on-50 preppy assholes. Teddy Roosevelt was a Porc member, but FDR and Joe Kennedy were blackballed.

carney2
September 19th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Lehigh beat writer Keith Groller of the Allentown Morning Call is reporting that apparently no starters are involved in the suspensions.

Lehigh'98
September 19th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Spec teams will be a challenge this week.

LehighU11
September 19th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Spec teams will be a challenge this week.

So no difference from the past 3 years then?

Lehigh'98
September 19th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Even more so this week I would imagine. Couple key guys maybe out as well due to injury. Bad spot for the team this week.

Doc QB
September 19th, 2013, 08:17 AM
No surprise that this whole incident occurred at Leon's bar on E 5th St. You'd be hard pressed to find a sketchier dive bar than that dump. The hospitalized 22-yr old man is a Lehigh senior, as you'd expect from an altercation there. Sad and troubling story all around.

If the owner of Leon's is still the same guy, he has been a friend of LU football for quite some time. Owns a few houses near campus that he rents to students, some players as well. He used to feed us in the summer, Tuesdays, spaghetti, for free. Some of the former grad assists also were the bouncer for him for some extra cash. And there are far worse places than that on the South Side. Not everyplace can be a fancy new Starters (which consequently, has CLOSED). Unfortunate story all around.

Doc QB
September 19th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Ahem....

For those LU fans old enough to remember, when Playboy first released its 'Party Schools' list back in the 70's, Lehigh was not on the top ten...but at the bottom, had an asterisk stating "The good students at Lehigh could not be ranked having lost their amateur status years ago." My dad, an LU alum, still has the issue.

RichH2
September 19th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Losing both OLBs on same side will hurt. Mitchell moving up inside OK. Lippincott would be very tough loss. Short ,very good ,but still a frosh. Princeton always tough has become an even greater challenge. Team has shown great resiliency,it will really have to rise to the occasion Sat nite

Lehigh'98
September 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM
If the owner of Leon's is still the same guy, he has been a friend of LU football for quite some time. Owns a few houses near campus that he rents to students, some players as well. He used to feed us in the summer, Tuesdays, spaghetti, for free. Some of the former grad assists also were the bouncer for him for some extra cash. And there are far worse places than that on the South Side. Not everyplace can be a fancy new Starters (which consequently, has CLOSED). Unfortunate story all around.

Lol, I bounced at that place for a few months. There are many worse places to have a beer within a mile radius.

MplsBison
September 19th, 2013, 08:49 AM

Are you kidding?

Probably someone accused one of the players of only driving a 3-series BMW at the local bistro and the accuser got a harsh talking to from the player and his three friends.

"I say to you sir...recant your fabrication this instant or I shall see to it personally that your subscription to the New Yorker is cancelled!!"

MplsBison
September 19th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Hmmm, Harvard has the Porcellian (actual spelling) Club for rich, 20-going-on-50 preppy assholes. Teddy Roosevelt was a Porc member, but FDR and Joe Kennedy were blackballed.

We all saw The Social Network.

I love it when Larry Summers tells the twins that they should "start a new, new project".

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2013, 08:57 AM

I love it when Larry Summers tells the twins that they should "start a new, new project".

I never saw The Social Network. Real Harvard people eschew any big media project about Harvard.

But I digress. Princeton's O-coordinator has to be licking his chops right now.

However, I'm sticking with Lehigh FTW.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Are you kidding?

Probably someone accused one of the players of only driving a 3-series BMW at the local bistro and the accuser got a harsh talking to from the player and his three friends.

"I say to you sir...recant your fabrication this instant or I shall see to it personally that your subscription to the New Yorker is cancelled!!"

http://fs01.androidpit.info/ali/x60/5204060-1374664507157-144x144.png

MplsBison
September 19th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I never saw The Social Network. Real Harvard people eschew any big media project about Harvard.

But I digress. Princeton's O-coordinator has to be licking his chops right now.

However, I'm sticking with Lehigh FTW.

Ah yes, gentlemen of Harvard. That was in the movie too.

Or perhaps if just Harvard isn't real enough, we can go HBS alumni.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2013, 09:47 AM
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3710/kjq4.jpg

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Ah yes, gentlemen of Harvard. That was in the movie too.

Or perhaps if just Harvard isn't real enough, we can go HBS alumni.

Real Harvard people also shun message boards about Harvard. They also don't wear Harvard sweatshirts in public (except maybe at Harvard sporting events) and -- unlike their Yale brethren -- don't mention that they attended their alma mater in the first two minutes of a polite conversation.

That said, to avoid charges of hijackery, Lehigh wins a Philadelphia Eagles-type shootout.

RichH2
September 19th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Too late ivyxrolleyesx. The PL prides itself in expertly hijacking threads even its ownxthumbsupx

Go Green
September 19th, 2013, 10:49 AM
. Real Harvard people eschew any big media project about Harvard.

If true, you guys are missing some good ones.

Love Story, Legally Blonde, and The Paper Chase were all great flicks.

I'd pass on Soul Man and With Honors.

Doc QB
September 19th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Real Harvard people also shun message boards about Harvard. They also don't wear Harvard sweatshirts in public (except maybe at Harvard sporting events) and -- unlike their Yale brethren -- don't mention that they attended their alma mater in the first two minutes of a polite conversation.

Yes...and when Real Harvard folks are asked where they went to school, they all say, "Oh, I went to school in Boston." I always found that pretentious as hell.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2013, 11:33 AM
The Paper Chase

Great, great movie. I used to have nightmares about Kingsfield.

http://www.thecampuscompanion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/the-paper-chase.jpg

Go Green
September 19th, 2013, 11:53 AM

http://www.thecampuscompanion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/the-paper-chase.jpg

But no dreams of Lindsay Wagner?

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2013, 12:14 PM
But no dreams of Lindsay Wagner?

Wagner had the quintessential 70s look. Better than Farah.

http://rymimg.com/lk/f/a/ba93efee8b6a85e0c051444e9604f6b1/1179552.jpg

I think Timothy Bottoms had more hair, though.

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2013, 12:20 PM

I watched the highlighted two, but only because of Reese Witherspoon and Lindsay Wagner, respectively. In her prime, Lindsay radiated hotness.

Lehigh 38, Princeton 37.

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Yes...and when Real Harvard folks are asked where they went to school, they all say, "Oh, I went to school in Boston." I always found that pretentious as hell.

And false. Harvard is in Cambridge, but Harvard Stadium is not.

What's your team, Doc?

carney2
September 19th, 2013, 12:28 PM

The TV show was equally good. Only lasted for 13 episodes however. You will never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American viewing public.

Go Green
September 19th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I watched the highlighted two, but only because of Reese Witherspoon and Lindsay Wagner, respectively. In her prime, Lindsay radiated hotness.

You should check out Love Story. If you liked Lindsay, you'll probably enjoy Ali MacGraw as well.

Also a young Tommy Lee Jones gets his acting debut--esentially playing himself. :)

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2013, 12:36 PM
1970s - Katherine Ross, Karen Allen, Lindsay Wagner, Ali McGraw, Farah, Cybill Shepherd - in that order.

Sader87
September 19th, 2013, 01:18 PM
The TV show was equally good. Only lasted for 13 episodes however. You will never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American viewing public.

It ran on Showtime, after being cancelled by CBS, from 1983-1986. I don't think I watched the Showtime years.

Another bad Harvard film: "Harvard Man." Its one saving grace? Sarah Michelle Gellar plays a Holy Cross cheerleader in it.

Franks Tanks
September 19th, 2013, 01:23 PM
I like "School Ties" with a young Brendan Fraser, Ben Afflack and Matt Damon.

Granted Fraser's character is about to attend Harvard, and not actually at Harvard, but close enough:)

Sader87
September 19th, 2013, 01:29 PM
1970s - Katherine Ross, Karen Allen, Lindsay Wagner, Ali McGraw, Farah, Cybill Shepherd - in that order.

To each his own, but I'd almost reverse that order: Cybill, Farah, Lindsay, Ali, Katherine and then Faber alumae Karen Allen.

CFBfan
September 19th, 2013, 01:46 PM
wow!! this is one frayed thread!

RichH2
September 19th, 2013, 01:54 PM
wow!! this is one frayed thread!

xcoffeex Nope, we are just an eclectic bunch with an attention span measured in nanoseconds. No new news so we fill in the vacuum with interesting banter and blatherxbowx Doncha just love that word rolls trippingly off the tongue and keyboard

heath
September 19th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Anyone remember Stealing Harvard? FWIW Trouble at Lehigh sounds like another movie to be made.

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2013, 02:31 PM
To each his own, but I'd almost reverse that order: Cybill, Farah, Lindsay, Ali, Katherine and then Faber alumae Karen Allen.

I loved 'em all, Sader! A lot of guys of my generation had that legendary Farrah pinup poster. A Korean friend of mine had Olivia Newton-John on his wall. I had Linda Ronstadt. In her innocent days, before she hooked up with that skeeve Jerry Brown.

Lehigh and Princeton will each put up over 500 yards of offense.

Fordham
September 19th, 2013, 02:36 PM
... Better than Farah.

xeyebrowx

RichH2
September 19th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I loved 'em all, Sader! A lot of guys of my generation had that legendary Farrah pinup poster. A Korean friend of mine had Olivia Newton-John on his wall. I had Linda Ronstadt. In her innocent days, before she hooked up with that skeeve Jerry Brown.

Lehigh and Princeton will each put up over 500 yards of offense.

Would not be shocked at 1200 or so .

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Betchya can't pick just one . . . .

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2650/g6v.gif

crusader11
September 19th, 2013, 03:17 PM
6, 4, 5, 2, 1, 3

Sader87
September 19th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I stand by my 6, 5, 3, 4, 1, 2.....I might actually put Lindsay and Farah in a tie for 2nd....Crusader11 didn't grow up with the Bionic Woman like I did.

I like my women with blonde hair and one bionic ear I suppose. xrotatehx

RichH2
September 19th, 2013, 03:29 PM
I knew that they were cloning back thenxrolleyesx I wonder which one was the gene donor?

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Honorable mentions and write-ins are permitted (must be 1970s), but they shall NOT include Mia Farrow, Diane Keaton, Talia Shire, Shelly Duvall, Teri Garr, Jodie Foster or Barbara Streisand, or anything else less than a "2" on a scale of 1 to 10.

Which reminds me . . .

http://www.hairstyleshaircut.net/photos/Bo-Derek-hairstyles-9.jpg

Sader87
September 19th, 2013, 03:31 PM
lol....I'm dying with laughter thinking about someone coming to this thread to get an update on the Lehigh situation and starting on this page...

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Cybill Shepherd came to my Winthrop House dining hall for dinner one night when she was still with Peter Bogdanovich. No joke! A food fight broke out, and Cybill got hit in the boob with a roll. Some sophomore was hit by the ricochet. Bogdanovich threatened to walk out, but Cybill seemed OK with it. Matters calmed down. Lots of JIMPing that night, I can tell you!

Fordham
September 19th, 2013, 03:46 PM
no Dukes of Hazzard fans here, huh? that was 70's right?

Made me think about some of the greatest sporting events ever witnessed ...

Battle of the Network Stars!!!

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2013, 03:48 PM
There's a sound reason for hijacking this particular thread. While we all acknowledge and yield to Lehigh's preemptive and dominant posture in the league, some members of the Committee are concerned with the sheer volume of separate threads concerning All Things Lehigh. Obviously none of us would accuse Lehigh of something as base as self-promotion on AGS but there is a logistical factor to be considered: When more than 65% of AGS threads concern Lehigh it becomes difficult to find any other news, particularly on small screens and handhelds.

The Committee proposes for your consideration a non-binding resolution that would limit to 12 the number of separate Lehigh-related threads that may be posted per hour. Do I have a second?

Now, let's see if I can't find a nice pic of Catherine Bach as Daisy Duke. A very worthy candidate.

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2013, 03:51 PM
There's a sound reason for hijacking this particular thread. While we all acknowledge and yield to Lehigh's preemptive and dominant posture in the league, some members of the Committee are concerned with the sheer volume of separate threads concerning All Things Lehigh. Obviously none of us would accuse Lehigh of something as base as self-promotion on AGS but there is a logistical factor to be considered: When more than 65% of AGS threads concern Lehigh it becomes difficult to find any other news, particularly on small screens and handhelds.

The Committee proposes for your consideration a non-binding resolution that would limit to 12 the number of separate Lehigh-related threads that may be posted per hour. Do
I have a second?

Now, let's see if I can't find a nice pic of Catherine Bach as Daisy Duke.

Friendly amendment, Mr. Chairman? Limit to 12 per year?

3-5-6-1-2-4, by the way.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Daisy Duke -

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?140696-Lehigh-Princeton&p=2010659&viewfull=1#post2010659

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Cybill Shepherd came to my Winthrop House dining hall for dinner one night when she was still with Peter Bogdanovich. No joke! A food fight broke out, and Cybill got hit in the boob with a roll. Some sophomore was hit by the ricochet. Bogdanovich threatened to walk out, but Cybill seemed OK with it. Matters calmed down. Lots of JIMPing that night, I can tell you!

Was she there for the food?

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Was she there for the food?

IIRC, she wore a long, slinky blue dress. If she had more than a small helping of those Harvard carbs, she would've popped right out of it!

MplsBison
September 19th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I like "School Ties" with a young Brendan Fraser, Ben Afflack and Matt Damon.

Granted Fraser's character is about to attend Harvard, and not actually at Harvard, but close enough:)

Cowards!!

Pard4Life
September 19th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I have no idea what you guys are even talking about. xdontknowx

I think I am confusing Dukes of Hazard with Beverly Hillbillies.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2013, 11:24 PM
I am confusing Dukes of Hazard with Beverly Hillbillies.

10 yard penalty and loss of down.

But it does bring up an interesting proposition: Ellie Mae or Daisy Duke?

ngineer
September 20th, 2013, 12:04 AM

http://www.thecampuscompanion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/the-paper-chase.jpg Ironically, this came out my first year in law school. No Lindsay Wagner to be seen, but our "Kingsfield" was the Property prof. A good caricature of types of personalities.

ElCid
September 20th, 2013, 05:58 AM
10 yard penalty and loss of down.

But it does bring up an interesting proposition: Ellie Mae or Daisy Duke?

Nobody should have to choose that?

Why not a threesome insteadxrotatehx

RichH2
September 20th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Ironically, this came out my first year in law school. No Lindsay Wagner to be seen, but our "Kingsfield" was the Property prof. A good caricature of types of personalities.

xnodx Also , 1st yr law school. .Went with my future sister in law and 2 other class mates. Our Kingsfield was our Contracts Prof. Elegant,erudite and scary. First class "ladies and gentlemen,look to your left and right and realize that 2 out of 3 of you will never practice law." Did have our own Lindsey ,who did wonders for hot pants. Went on to become a Judge.

Daisy Mae hands downxlovex

andy7171
September 20th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Ellie Mae, no contest.

Pard4Life
September 20th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Whatever... I dream of Jeannie...

andy7171
September 20th, 2013, 10:22 AM

xnodx

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2013, 10:27 AM
A Korean friend of mine had Olivia Newton-John on his wall. I had Linda Ronstadt.

An outstanding variation on the principal theme of this thread, Ivy.

The Official "Trouble at Lehigh" 1970's Hot Rock Chick Pick 'Em, in my personal order of preference:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3721/jrbw.gif

Time's yours . . . .

EDIT - I completely spaced by omitting Ann and Nancy so I'll add them as Honorable Mention. By far the best pure musicians of the group.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4513/j75.gif

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM

Perhaps we should save 1960s for another hijack (though my 60s knowledge is a bit fuzzy - I'll need help).

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2143/pduv.gif

RichH2
September 20th, 2013, 11:15 AM
It's easy Bogie,just move your Princess Leia fantasy back 10 yrs and insert Barbara,voila.

Benatar and Ronstadt neck and neck for my picks

superman7515
September 20th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Debbie Harry.

I wouldn't hit Pat Benatar with yours.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 20th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Debbie Harry.

I wouldn't hit Pat Benatar with yours.

Same with Grace Slick. The best Behind the Music ever involved Jefferson Airplane/Starship and detailed exactly what kind of person she was.

As for "female rockers"...

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/29184907/The+GoGos+54.jpg

melloware13
September 20th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Ellie Mae, no contest.

What about Sallie Mae? She keeps calling my house. Oh wait...xbangx

Sader87
September 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Same with Grace Slick. The best Behind the Music ever involved Jefferson Airplane/Starship and detailed exactly what kind of person she was.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/29184907/The+GoGos+54.jpg

Being an '80's college guy, "Bangles vs Go-Go's" was sort of our generation's Mary-Ann or Ginger. I was a Bangles guy:

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2013, 11:47 AM

I'd include Belinda Carlisle and especially Susanna Hoffs but they're strictly 1980s.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Being an '80's college guy, "Bangles vs Go-Go's" was sort of our generation's Mary-Ann or Ginger. I was a Bangles guy:

Nevertheless, as an 80s college guy as well, I believe that no man should be forced to make this choice.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5248/uekj.gif

citdog
September 20th, 2013, 02:28 PM
have always been partial to Liz Phair

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/1995-Liz-Phair-w-milkshake-JAPAN-mag-photo-pinup-mini-poster-sexy-MINT-/00/s/Nzk4WDU1OA==/$%28KGrHqFHJB8E8fMw-NvNBPMk6M7,DQ~~60_35.JPG

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2013, 02:54 PM

Me too, but Liz is pure 90s. I actually got an AGS warning one time for posting a link to Liz's fishnet top pictures. I got Liz to autograph the pic for me after a show at the World Cafe in Philly.

Liz (with whipped cream) on "Funny or Die" - http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/6cya

Sader87
September 20th, 2013, 03:08 PM
What a wonderfully strange group of posters we have here....still trying to wrap my head around a Citadel man being a fan of the ultra-feminist, Oberlin educated Liz Phair. xrotatehx

Loved her early stuff....Exile in Guyville was one of the best albums of the 90's imo.

Susana Hoffs still looks amazing btw...she tours often with Matthew Sweet these days and looks almost the same as she did in 1986.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2013, 03:12 PM
still trying to wrap my head around a Citadel man being a fan of the ultra-feminist, Oberlin educated Liz Phair.

Probably because the girl looks (and behaves) like she could suck the chrome off your bumpers.

Full disclosure: For years I have been a moderator on a Liz Phair forum. I'm not sure if I have outed that here in the past.

Sader87
September 20th, 2013, 03:22 PM
So....to re-hijack this hi-jacked thread, anything else new come out this week on the Lehigh 4??? Suspended, kicked-off etc???

Squealofthepig
September 20th, 2013, 03:33 PM

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/1995-Liz-Phair-w-milkshake-JAPAN-mag-photo-pinup-mini-poster-sexy-MINT-/00/s/Nzk4WDU1OA==/$%28KGrHqFHJB8E8fMw-NvNBPMk6M7,DQ~~60_35.JPG

Hate to tell you this, but have a few friends who went to school with her at New Trier and she was a total bow-head in high school.

RichH2
September 20th, 2013, 03:37 PM
So....to re-hijack this hi-jacked thread, anything else new come out this week on the Lehigh 4??? Suspended, kicked-off etc???

No,wouldn't expect anything official on LU actions given privacy rules. No new charges noted yet for anyone else

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Hate to tell you this, but have a few friends who went to school with her at New Trier and she was a total bow-head in high school.

http://images1.findery.com/528280996191/2880728/488xN

Shy little thing, Miss Liz.

Sader87
September 20th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I now defer to Bogie on all things Phair-related but that sort of fits in with what I've read over the years i.e. fairly straight-laced, preppy at New Trier (home of the HC football Kutschke brothers of the 80's btw) and then became sort of radicalized at Oberlin and then Chicago post-college.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I now defer to Bogie on all things Phair-related but that sort of fits in with what I've read over the years i.e. fairly straight-laced, preppy at New Trier (home of the HC football Kutschke brothers of the 80's btw) and then became sort of radicalized at Oberlin and then Chicago post-college.

Liz herself says she was a Teenage Buffy desperately trying to fit in. She and her pals would stare at the punk rock girls in the bathroom until they went away. She was shy, envious and an bit obsessive in college. Spent countless hours alone with a cassette recorder making the "Girly Tapes."

At New Trier she became what New Trier wanted her to be. At Oberlin she became what Oberlin wanted her to be. Then in Chicago she became what Wicker Park wanted her to be. And at Capitol records she became what mainstream $$$ rock wanted her to be.

"Who's that little shy thing, she keeps playing with her hair."

ngineer
September 20th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Seems like all's Phair in love and war around here....

crusader11
September 20th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Sorry to bring us off topic (back on topic?), but were the names of the other suspended players released?

Pard4Life
September 20th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Sorry to bring us off topic (back on topic?), but were the names of the other suspended players released?

Who did what in the what now? xdontknowx

Um, Liz Phair and Pat Bennetar?

Pards Rule
September 20th, 2013, 06:16 PM

And they did with this idiotic bitcoin bit. There was an article in todays Wall St Journal about bitcoins (bottom page 1) and I'm still like WTF?!?! I don't get it! I don't get it! (just like Tom Hank's protagonist in "Big").

Pards Rule
September 20th, 2013, 06:26 PM
lol....I'm dying with laughter thinking about someone coming to this thread to get an update on the Lehigh situation and starting on this page...

Indeed and no less this evening of the 40th anniversary of Battle of the Sexes - Billie Jean vs Bobby Riggs - I watched it too.

MplsBison
September 20th, 2013, 07:07 PM
And they did with this idiotic bitcoin bit. There was an article in todays Wall St Journal about bitcoins (bottom page 1) and I'm still like WTF?!?! I don't get it! I don't get it! (just like Tom Hank's protagonist in "Big").

I don't think Bitcoin can really be claimed as the Twins "new project". But they appear eager to invest in an exchange for them.

By the way, thanks for sending me on an impromptu half-hour Wikipedia research tangent, trying to understand what the heck a Bitcoin is. Best I can do is that this is some sort've hard to understand, computer science/cryptography game - in which the "winner" (ie, someone who solves a difficult cryptography math problem with a powerful computer) receives a 'Bitcoin'. Then the game parameters increment, based on the latest 'win', and you go again.

I guess...Krugman put it as well as anyone: "stated that unlike gold or paper currencies, bitcoin derives its value solely from a self-fulfilling expectation that others will accept it as payment. He also stated that it is unnecessarily wasteful to consume real resources, such as electric power, on the creation of bitcoins."

So you buy/build a really suped up gaming computer, convert it into a brute force number cruncher that consumes hundreds of watts of power, and set it to start solving really hard math problems. Once you solve one, you've earned or "mined" a Bitcoin. What can you do with it? Not much, yet.

I guess it really is no different than mining gold. You spend a lot of money on expensive equipment in order to dig an ore from the earth, under the expectation that you can trade it for things. Likewise here, in an abstract sense. I don't know if I like the idea of an economy based on the idea that he with the most powerful computer can solve the most math problems and therefore earn the most Bitcoins.

Southsider
September 20th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Who did what in the what now? xdontknowx

Um, Liz Phair and Pat Bennetar?

Long time no post, P4L. But, any updates on Kate??xlovexxlovexxlovexxlovexxlovex

Pards Rule
September 20th, 2013, 07:12 PM
I don't think Bitcoin can really be claimed as the Twins "new project". But they appear eager to invest in an exchange for them.

By the way, thanks for sending me on an impromptu half-hour Wikipedia research tangent, trying to understand what the heck a Bitcoin is. Best I can do is that this is some sort've hard to understand, computer science/cryptography game - in which the "winner" (ie, someone who solves a difficult cryptography math problem with a powerful computer) receives a 'Bitcoin'. Then the game parameters increment, based on the latest 'win', and you go again.

I guess...Krugman put it as well as anyone: "stated that unlike gold or paper currencies, bitcoin derives its value solely from a self-fulfilling expectation that others will accept it as payment. He also stated that it is unnecessarily wasteful to consume real resources, such as electric power, on the creation of bitcoins."

So you buy/build a really suped up gaming computer, convert it into a brute force number cruncher that consumes hundreds of watts of power, and set it to start solving really hard math problems. Once you solve one, you've earned or "mined" a Bitcoin. What can you do with it? Not much, yet.

I guess it really is no different than mining gold. You spend a lot of money on expensive equipment in order to dig an ore from the earth, under the expectation that you can trade it for things. Likewise here, in an abstract sense. I don't know if I like the idea of an economy based on the idea that he with the most powerful computer can solve the most math problems and therefore earn the most Bitcoins.

And the Wall Street Journal article related that these bozos who are using computer programs are spending like $700 a month in the summer for electric/AC bills cause these bitcoin mining computers give off so much heat. OMG!! This is when you say just STOP! Krugman is my new hero!!! He sums it up quite nicely!

MplsBison
September 20th, 2013, 11:21 PM
It does seem ridiculous, to an extent.

Suppose...people for some reason started accepting clumps of dirt as payment for things. Would you quit your job and start digging up your backyard, simply for the fact that "money" is now directly available to you, as much as you want, whenever you want -- if you're willing to put in a required amount of work each time you want to obtain some more??

So it's not like you're getting money for free, but the work you're doing (if you can even call letting a computer sit there and use up a lot of electricity "work") isn't useful to anyone.

BUT on another hand (is this the third hand?), is it much different than what some of these mopes down on Wall Street do with algorithmic trading computers? They just turn the computers on, give it a really fast connection to the market and watch their money grow as the fastest computer always wins. And in this case, it is real money.

ngineer
September 20th, 2013, 11:40 PM

No. Only one criminally charged. The 'involvement' of the others is unknown and still under University investigation and therefore confidential at this time.

Go...gate
September 21st, 2013, 12:24 AM

Agreed on Love Story and the Paper Chase. Know next to nothing about the others.

Pards Rule
September 21st, 2013, 07:07 AM
It does seem ridiculous, to an extent.

Suppose...people for some reason started accepting clumps of dirt as payment for things. Would you quit your job and start digging up your backyard, simply for the fact that "money" is now directly available to you, as much as you want, whenever you want -- if you're willing to put in a required amount of work each time you want to obtain some more??

So it's not like you're getting money for free, but the work you're doing (if you can even call letting a computer sit there and use up a lot of electricity "work") isn't useful to anyone.

BUT on another hand (is this the third hand?), is it much different than what some of these mopes down on Wall Street do with algorithmic trading computers? They just turn the computers on, give it a really fast connection to the market and watch their money grow as the fastest computer always wins. And in this case, it is real money.

This has got to be the best hijack EVER! Anyways, I concur MplsBison. Apparently, the "deciders" of this bitcoin bit have agreed on only 21 million bitcoins to be "produced"...Thats why everyone is in a frenzy to mine such. Watch this bizarre pursuit come tumbling down when they find out online merchants are like - wtf you want to pay for my product with THAT!?!? There's a sucker born every minute - but a lot of those suckers grow up to be wise old graybeards!

Doc QB
September 21st, 2013, 09:35 PM
And false. Harvard is in Cambridge, but Harvard Stadium is not.

What's your team, Doc?

Played at Lehigh, but I finished school at Hopkins, and yrs later my vascular surgery fellowship there as well. I've bumped into TONS of Harvard types along my training, and they all say 'Boston.' Why would I make that up? I've got nothing to be jealous of, or intimidated by, that pedigree. Hear it all the time.

MplsBison
September 22nd, 2013, 12:07 AM
Do Harvard graduates really like antagonizing BU alumni that much?

Another favorite quote of mine from The Social Network: "...you DON'T have to study!! .... you go to BU."

Bogus Megapardus
September 22nd, 2013, 05:18 AM
Hey Bison! Hey, hey Bison!!!

I have a proposition for you. Go over to the Ivy League Week 52 thread (or whatever they're calling it). I think they'd love you over there!

Pard4Life
September 22nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Do Harvard graduates really like antagonizing BU alumni that much?

Another favorite quote of mine from The Social Network: "...you DON'T have to study!! .... you go to BU."

It's kind of funny, but you don't have to study at Harvard either. The most difficult part of Harvard is getting in. After that, it's impossible to get a C. Impossible. I've heard the same thing from people who have went there and from alumni admissions reps... You basically have to skip classes and hand-in subpar work consistently. And I'm not saying because simply the kids work hard... no really... it's "show-up.. write something respectable... get a B-A." In fact, I'd say the benchmark grade is a B.

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Played at Lehigh, but I finished school at Hopkins, and yrs later my vascular surgery fellowship there as well. I've bumped into TONS of Harvard types along my training, and they all say 'Boston.' Why would I make that up? I've got nothing to be jealous of, or intimidated by, that pedigree. Hear it all the time.

Not saying you're making it up. I've heard it myself. And when pressed to specify "where in Boston," the person will say "Oh, Harvard." And then change the subject.

MplsBison
September 23rd, 2013, 12:12 AM
It's kind of funny, but you don't have to study at Harvard either. The most difficult part of Harvard is getting in. After that, it's impossible to get a C. Impossible. I've heard the same thing from people who have went there and from alumni admissions reps... You basically have to skip classes and hand-in subpar work consistently. And I'm not saying because simply the kids work hard... no really... it's "show-up.. write something respectable... get a B-A." In fact, I'd say the benchmark grade is a B.

Well I could certainly see a wealthy alumni saying something like "I'm not paying $50k a year tuition in order for my kid to get a G-D 'C'. Get this s___ fixed up...."

Doc QB
September 23rd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Not saying you're making it up. I've heard it myself. And when pressed to specify "where in Boston," the person will say "Oh, Harvard." And then change the subject.

Quite true...and I've always liked those guys, cross paths a ton. Although, in the medical world we have a nickname for the Massachusetts General Hospital, or MGH..."Oh, he trained at the massive genital." We still love potty and private parts humor. Back to football!