PDA

View Full Version : How many Fighting sioux jerseys appear at Gameday on Saturday

Twentysix
September 18th, 2013, 10:44 AM
How many Sioux head jerseys will appear on espn?

My guess is at least 5.

UNDBIZ
September 18th, 2013, 10:48 AM

My guess is at least 5.

Just jerseys or are we including shirts? I don't know where bisonville keeps on hearing that all these Sioux fans are going to show up and ruin their parade..... I expect maybe 20-30 UND fans with 4 wearing hockey jerseys.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Just jerseys or are we including shirts? I don't know where bisonville keeps on hearing that all these Sioux fans are going to show up and ruin their parade..... I expect maybe 20-30 UND fans with 4 wearing hockey jerseys.

UND grads get jobs in Fargo. They will show up.

Jerseys or signs that are shown on camera on espn.

IBleedYellow
September 18th, 2013, 11:02 AM
This thread again.

UNDBIZ
September 18th, 2013, 11:03 AM
UND grads get jobs in Fargo. They will show up.

Jerseys or signs that are shown on camera on espn.

Sadly, most of those UND grads are UND hockey and ndsu football fans.

RabidRabbit
September 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM

Why not? Makes for a winning combination. Much better than NDSU hockey and UND football!:o:D

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Why not? Makes for a winning combination. Much better than NDSU hockey and UND football!:o:D

That is a good one RabidRabbit!!

Twentysix
September 18th, 2013, 11:14 AM

It's funny because they are both club teams!

Hahahahaha!

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 11:18 AM
It's funny because they are both club teams!

Hahahahaha!

Nah our offense is club our defense is 9-man.

sgt smash
September 18th, 2013, 12:36 PM

This guy has humility. I like him this year.

pike51
September 18th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Are they still the Souix? I thought they had to change the mascot? So, technically, wouldn't the answer be 0?

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Are they still the Souix? I thought they had to change the mascot? So, technically, wouldn't the answer be 0?

UND retired the name is currently nicknameless until one is chosen in 2015.

frozennorth
September 18th, 2013, 12:51 PM
I love going to NDSU games and seeing 20-30 people I went to school with at UND are there

Twentysix
September 18th, 2013, 12:54 PM

It's like UND's confederate flag.

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 12:56 PM

Oh boy cue Citdog.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 18th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Obsess much?

Gil Dobie
September 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Obsess much?

How many EWU shirts will be there..................................none ;)

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I also thought ESPN said its broadcasting for the FCS community not just strictly NDSU, so what if they show a UND, Montana St, or any other FCS jersey. I know Bisonville will have a meltdown over it just like they are pissed that an article about Delaware St says they are excited to be on Gameday, well guess what they are in the FCS, they are your opponent so they will get mentioned. Get over it. First people bitch about the location now this, just be glad they came at all, since no one outside this region knows about Fargo or NDSU.

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I couldn't care less about UND fans in attendance as long as they're not dicks about it. More power to them, let them come experience what a real college football atmosphere is like. The vast majority of fans there will be in green and yellow in any case.

UNDBIZ
September 18th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I couldn't care less about UND fans in attendance as long as they're not dicks about it. More power to them, let them come experience what a real college football atmosphere is like. The vast majority of fans there will be in green and yellow in any case.

They built that stadium in DT Fargo pretty quick....... xsmiley_wix

semobison
September 18th, 2013, 02:01 PM
This thread again.

Agree.. Come on man! Why even bring up that school this week, or any week for that matter!

Twentysix
September 18th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Obsess much?

Yeah you are. We get it though.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Agree.. Come on man! Why even bring up that school this week, or any week for that matter!

Because I don't hate UND as much as other bison fans do, I guess.

I find their attachment to an old logo interesting and I asked a question.

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2013, 02:11 PM
They built that stadium in DT Fargo pretty quick....... xsmiley_wix
We brought the Fargodome atmosphere to FC Dallas Stadium and that's 1066 miles away. We'll bring it the 2.1 miles to 3rd and Broadway as well, tune in or show up to see for yourself.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 18th, 2013, 02:21 PM
We brought the Fargodome atmosphere to FC Dallas Stadium and that's 1066 miles away. We'll bring it the 2.1 miles to 3rd and Broadway as well, tune in or show up to see for yourself.

Will be more people there than at the average game at the Alerus.

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Will be more people there than at the average game at the Alerus.

This....and by a lot.

Darlinikki150
September 18th, 2013, 03:35 PM
This is a stupid thread. Who cares if any Sioux jersey show up? I certainly don't.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I dont know or care but I will tell you this.

I am bringing a black sharpie to cross out the "Fighting" part because there was no fight in you guys last weekend that I could see.

I hate false advertising.

biggame
September 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM

We are only playing with 9... no wonder the defense is getting shredded.

dewey
September 18th, 2013, 06:07 PM
This is a stupid thread. Who cares if any Sioux jersey show up? I certainly don't.

No kidding! I will be there proudly wearing the green and yellow with my family looking to have great time and enjoy the college Gameday experience.

Go Bison!

Dewey

IBleedYellow
September 18th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Apparently there was a guy there tonight for when the Coach bus was going to pull up, but he got so badly boo'd he took it off and then left.

Damn straight.

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Apparently there was a guy there tonight for when the Coach bus was going to pull up, but he got so badly boo'd he took it off and then left.

Damn straight.

But you guys are over us, SDSU and UNI are your rivals. ;)

Darlinikki150
September 18th, 2013, 09:01 PM
But you guys are over us, SDSU and UNI are your rivals. ;)

We are over playing you, but the hate is in our DNA. Lol

Bison56
September 18th, 2013, 09:02 PM
How many EWU shirts will be there..................................none ;)
Who?

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 09:05 PM

It sure is...on both sides.

Green1
September 18th, 2013, 10:14 PM

It sure is...on both sides.

darell1976: "I hate you Nikki!"

Darlinikki150: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"

( music swells. Smooching noises )

Darlinikki150
September 18th, 2013, 10:45 PM
darell1976: "I hate you Nikki!"

Darlinikki150: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"

( music swells. Smooching noises )

In the movie music swells and Rhett(me) walks away and Scarlett(Darell) dreams of Tara aka the Alter us Center and dreams of re building it to its old glory. Pretty spot on analogy, solid work Green1!

Green1
September 18th, 2013, 10:58 PM
In the movie music swells and Rhett(me) walks away and Scarlett(Darell) dreams of Tara aka the Alter us Center and dreams of re building it to its old glory. Pretty spot on analogy, solid work Green1!

LOL. Good on ya Nikki ! Hope Darell has the same good sense of humor.

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 11:09 PM
LOL. Good on ya Nikki ! Hope Darell has the same good sense of humor.

I do.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2013, 11:11 PM
I would love to go to a UND - NDSU football game........................

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 11:26 PM
I would love to go to a UND - NDSU football game........................

I would say wait til the playoffs but not with UND's crappy defense and worthless coach.

gotts
September 19th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I would say wait til the playoffs but not with UND's crappy defense and worthless coach.

2033 playoffs, maybe.

UNDBIZ
September 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM
2033 playoffs, maybe.

2015. New coach, new nickname, we'll see you there. xprayx

NDSUstudent
September 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM

My guess is at least 5.

I say let them come. It just makes our crowd look bigger because most people in the nation won't even realize the difference. (Sad but true)

344Johnson
September 19th, 2013, 09:44 AM
2015. New coach, new nickname, we'll see you there. xprayx

Fine by me! if current trends continue, UND won't win another title til......around 2100 or so?

IBleedYellow
September 19th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Fine by me! if current trends continue, UND won't win another title til......around 2100 or so?

The easiest way to make sure they never win a title is for us to win it.

:D

Moto X

Hammerhead
September 19th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I welcome any college football fan to join the fun and will be disappointed if I don't see people representing other local teams. I offered to let Mrs. Hammerhead wear my Moorhead State baseball cap since she graduated from MSUM and she's just sticking with Bison gear.

robsnotes4u
September 19th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Just look around you, how much fighting Sioux jerseys, hats, etc. do you see? A lot, because there is a huge following for Sioux Hockey, which also includes NDSU faithful. So yes there will be Sioux Hockey jerseys at game day.

We fail to remember that Gameday is about all the college football games, not just the teams that are in that town. ESPN didn't come to announce the game, they came to do Gameday.

Btw, there were Bison hats and shirts at the Sioux Griz game. In fact I talked to one guy and asked him why he was there. He grew up in a little town in Montana, Westby.
I pointed to my wife up in the stands, and asked if he knew her. He said no. She is from Westby, population maybe 200-300. After I told him her name, he went nuts. The moral, just because they are wearing some other teams stuff, doesn't make the bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

darell1976
September 19th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Just look around you, how much fighting Sioux jerseys, hats, etc. do you see? A lot, because there is a huge following for Sioux Hockey, which also includes NDSU faithful. So yes there will be Sioux Hockey jerseys at game day.

We fail to remember that Gameday is about all the college football games, not just the teams that are in that town. ESPN didn't come to announce the game, they came to do Gameday.

Btw, there were Bison hats and shirts at the Sioux Griz game. In fact I talked to one guy and asked him why he was there. He grew up in a little town in Montana, Westby.
I pointed to my wife up in the stands, and asked if he knew her. He said no. She is from Westby, population maybe 200-300. After I told him her name, he went nuts. The moral, just because they are wearing some other teams stuff, doesn't make the bad.

There are Bison fans that despise these people. It would be like a UND fan cheering for the NDSU wrestling team, NDSU doesn't play DI hockey, and UND doesn't even have wrestling anymore. But I guess its the rivalry. I wish the people going downtown good luck in finding a parking spot, and have fun!!!

Gil Dobie
September 19th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I say let them come. It just makes our crowd look bigger because most people in the nation won't even realize the difference. (Sad but true)

Agree, let's welcome the fans of the team formerly called the Fighting Sioux to support NDSU football.

robsnotes4u
September 19th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Agree, let's welcome the fans of the team formerly called the Fighting Sioux to support NDSU football.

Amen, make it a party.

citdog
September 19th, 2013, 12:38 PM

http://onlineathens.com/images/041401/confederatequarter.jpg

BisonFan02
September 19th, 2013, 01:00 PM

Not without the prerequisite hazing and ititiation... :D