PDA

View Full Version : I'm woozy after reading this much spin...

Southern Bison
September 18th, 2013, 12:31 AM
http://www.wboc.com/story/23459268/dsu-game-against-north-dakota

There are so many factual errors in this story with more spin than a set of helicopter blades. xoopsx

IBleedYellow
September 18th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Wow wow wow.

Moto X

uofmman1122
September 18th, 2013, 12:38 AM
I don't really see how it's so spun...

He's basically saying "the exposure is going to be awesome for DSU", which is 100% true.

You're just reading like he's trying to diminish the Bison when he's really not.

You guys are awesome.

We get it.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2013, 12:55 AM
I don't really see any thing outrageous in the article other than Bisons

and missing a w in 'Will'

Vitojr130
September 18th, 2013, 01:12 AM
I don't really see any thing outrageous in the article other than Bisons

and missing a w in 'Will'

You forget about all the "loses"...

NDSUBowler
September 18th, 2013, 03:19 AM
Not to mention this quote

This will be only the fourth time the show will give a non-major college location a chance to shine.

Followed by this quote

"This is a great honor to have Delaware State," said Athletic Director, Candy Young. " Just the visibility of Delaware State knowing that we are one of the four programs that will be a part of College GameDay. It's exciting."

Don't make sense.

That makes it sound like they are one of four teams to host, since any logic would say they'd say eight in a normal situation.

Regardless...I don't know how a reporter can be so careless to include a quote that is blatantly factually incorrect. (as well as assuming the plural of Bison is Bisons and TWO very obvious spelling errors)

Darlinikki150
September 18th, 2013, 03:20 AM
It isn't that bad. I feel like perhaps the article is implying that Game Day is here because of Delaware, but in all honesty I hope they get bump from from it. I hope all FCS teams get a bump from it. The exposure can only help the whole of us, not just NDSU.

NDSUBowler
September 18th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Oh, I agree DSU and the fans/community has every right to be fired up, as do FCS fans all over the country.

I just think the article was poorly written.

MR. CHICKEN
September 18th, 2013, 07:38 AM
18295.....GO HORNETS!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 18th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Yeah really. Let them have it.

Bisonator
September 18th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Bisons? Really wtf do these people not understand the plural form is the same?? It's BISON! GO BISON!!!:D

And the only thing the Hornets will be taking back with them besides the loss is a big check! Don't spend it all in one place! xpeacex

andy7171
September 18th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Wait one of four? Don't they do the Williams-Amherst game every year?

Twentysix
September 18th, 2013, 10:26 AM

Coming off two losses is talking about the team that the newspaper focuses on... DSU..

After coming off of two loses, coming home with a win will be a tough one.

Meaning DSU will have a tough time bringing the W back to Delaware.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2169/delaware-state-hornets

perhaps that will help you visualize?

AmsterBison
September 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Great exposure for Delaware State.

If they hadn't filled in the date left open by the Bobcats and Western Carolina, then Game Day wouldn't be coming at all. I hope they get a ton of good publicity (but not a W.)

penguinpower
September 18th, 2013, 10:36 AM
They don't have a chance in hell of walking out of there with a win.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2013, 10:38 AM

Indiana State once did it without scoring an offensive touchdown.

It's not impossible, just unlikely ;).

DSUrocks07
September 18th, 2013, 10:47 AM
xlolx at this whole thread. UD is king here, DSU is an after thought. Always have been. And things like this doesn't help either, if that's an actual quote from Young then that is truly embarrassing on her part.

GreatAppSt
September 18th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Go DSU!:)

MR. CHICKEN
September 18th, 2013, 01:40 PM

18300.....GO HORNETS!.....MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YER SOULS..........xprayxxangelxxprayx................ ..AWK!

BELIEVE STATE......BISON COMIN' OFFAH BYE.......LOOKIN' AHEAD TA RABBITS......MEDIA CIRCUS @ FARGO THEATRE!

ON-SIDE KICK....FAKE PUNT....TRICK 'EM!

STUFF 'EM IN DUH WOODCHIPPER!

HENS HAVE HANDS FULL....WHIFF....VAAAAGH-NER!

Herder
September 18th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Sorry, but I think DSU is walking righ into a Hornet's nest (if you will) NDSU, coming off a bye and a lackluster defensive effort will likely be very sharp on Saturday. I am hoping for a good effort from DSU quite honestly, and a good game. DSU fans, I will welcome you to Fargo, urge you to raise your flag high at Gameday festivities, and hope you play well. I hope the state of Delaware tunes in on Saturday.

Ex Pat
September 18th, 2013, 06:30 PM
18295.....GO HORNETS!

Oh great now the chicken is pissed, stop picking on Del St all they did was pick up a game no one else would touch!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 18th, 2013, 06:31 PM
18300.....GO HORNETS!.....MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YER SOULS..........xprayxxangelxxprayx................ ..AWK!

BELIEVE STATE......BISON COMIN' OFFAH BYE.......LOOKIN' AHEAD TA RABBITS......MEDIA CIRCUS @ FARGO THEATRE!

ON-SIDE KICK....FAKE PUNT....TRICK 'EM!

STUFF 'EM IN DUH WOODCHIPPER!

HENS HAVE HANDS FULL....WHIFF....VAAAAGH-NER!

What is Bohl's record after the bye?

BisonBohl
September 18th, 2013, 06:33 PM
What is Bohl's record after the bye?

Has Bohl ever lost a game?

MR. CHICKEN
September 18th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Oh great now the chicken is pissed, stop picking on Del St all they did was pick up a game no one else would touch!

18303....NOT PO'ed...JES HAVIN' CHUCKLES..PULLIN' DUH BISON TAIL.....DEESE FARGO THREADS...R GREAT.......@ TIMES..VERAH FUNNIE.....AWK!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 18th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Has Bohl ever lost a game?

not after what the Chicken would call a "bah".